SC Soccer
Posted By: futballfan What is the world coming to? - 04/14/07 04:40 PM
I saw an amazing thing last night at a high school game. A visiting team player received a yellow card for intentionally shoving a player down from behind. He came off the field screaming about the ref and then yelling at some high school age fans that he would kick the **** out of them. The coach yelled for him to be quiet and return to the bench which he did not do. Then another player from the visiting team ran up and got in his coaches face and yelled "Dont you ever cuss at my brother again. Dont you ever do that again."
The coach replied " I didnt curse at your brother". The player glared and returned to the field to play.

No benching for verbal assault and disrespect.

I was amazed.

Maybe I was raised in a different time.

futballfan
Posted By: Coach Dick Smith Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/14/07 04:45 PM
T he Coach should have gotten rid of them right there. In athletics there is no place for this. I hope this Coach has a A D that backs him if he does get rid of his problem children
Posted By: tmoney101 Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/14/07 08:22 PM
That wouldnt have happened to have been white knoll would it?
Posted By: The Hammer Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/14/07 09:09 PM
I saw something similar a couple of weeks ago and the coach just crossed his arms and "took it" from the player. No way that should be tolerated. Kick him off or send him home, but don't put up with disrespect.
Posted By: futballfan Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/14/07 10:18 PM
It was WK.
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/15/07 04:21 AM
did that kid happen to be #7 kyle paradise from WK? hes my boy, but hes the biggest dick i know, hes one cocky dude, and that sounds like something he would say
Posted By: futballfan Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/15/07 01:53 PM
It was not. Dont know the names. Obviously brothers . Anyway I wish them the best but they are headed for trouble if their parents and/or coach don't instill a little discipline and respect.
Posted By: makinufall Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/15/07 07:39 PM
Agoraphobia. Paradise has changed alot since losing something very important to him and is a different player now, i know because i played club with him. That incident did happen to wk and it was the Day brothers (Daniel and Micheal)
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/16/07 06:52 PM
Nothing related to WK, but..wow..watching CNN today. This VTech thing is crazy.
Posted By: Columbia21Champion Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/16/07 08:28 PM
thats very sad concering Va Tech and I think all games today should have a moment of silence
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/16/07 09:35 PM
I send all my prayers to the families of the victims, and the students at VA Tech.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/16/07 10:50 PM
A very sad day.
Posted By: AlbinoGrassFairy Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/17/07 05:13 PM
one more thing to add...
Daniel Day, one of the brothers in this situation also said..."Ref, I hit him in the air so its not a foul." When he nailed one of Lexington's players in the air without any intention for the ball.

prayers for VT.
Posted By: ClimaCoolŪ Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/17/07 10:51 PM
thanks for killing the mood fairy
Posted By: Columbia21Champion Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/17/07 10:58 PM
its just a shame apparently kids tried to be friendly w/ the kid and he brushed them away

sad sad day
Posted By: London_Player Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/18/07 11:29 AM
It is a Sad Day. I pray that all victims and their families will find peace. I also think we should pray for other kids out there like this young man. I hope people start trying to really reach out and help. If there are any signs out there we all need to make it our business. I am scared for my kids to attend school just knowing we all over look kids who need help every day. I was at Lexington High School in 93 when the shooting there took place. That was nowhere near any of this but just the same very scary. We all should look into the mirror and ask what can I do. If everyone is trying then a change will happen. Don't blame anyone else around you if you don't even try to help yourself. Sorry for the Soap Box
Posted By: 2004striker Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/18/07 01:04 PM
This is a time when we all can reach out to show support for all at VT and the pain they feel. Not only do we need to address the issue of guns, but loneliness, rejection, isolation and anger among all of society's young people, no matter what community they live in. I have heard very little from our local elected officials about their concerns after this incident. But I guess little can be expected from a government that is dumb and blind to the flag issue; so why be concerned about the future of our youth.
http://content.hamptonroads.com/view_all.cfm?story=122961&ran=79657
Posted By: Columbia21Champion Re: What is the world coming to? - 04/18/07 08:47 PM
and it also hits close to home with the young man from augusta who sounded like a good student friend and person, and a friend of my families cousin best friend died in these shootings as well

but yet we can overcome and the professor who survived the holocaust to die saving his students was very remarkable
© SC Soccer