Jacob O'grady
Thomas Tafel
Rene

Assists (RNE)
Thomas Tafel 2
Rene
WADE HAMPTON 3 EDISTO 0
Academic Magnet 2 Bluffton 1
Good luck to AM for the rest of the season.
Acf 3
Camden 0
Hammond 2

Cardinal Newman 1
..must have been the officiating.
Woodruff 0
Broome 1 (OT)

Broome wins Region II 2a
4/17 @ South Pointe

South Pointe 5
Indian Land 0
no. not too much. hahahaha hammond just played harder. Stiles Harper was the difference. He reminds me of an old BC player Hans Whetstone. Good luck to Hammond the rest of the way
4/17/07 @ The Cage (Cayce, SC)
Brookland-Cayce 7-0 Swansea

Goals: (B-C) Jose Guzman 3, Brandon Boyd, Miguel Estrada Lopez, Carlos Harris, own goal.
Assists: (B-C) Josh Davis 2, Harris 2, Boyd, Taylor Lewis, Greg Stone.
Saves: (B-C) JC Gypin 1; (S) Paule Ogburn 6.
Shots: (B-C) 26; (S) 1.
Corner Kicks: (B-C) 14; (S) 0.
Fouls: (B-C) 14; (S) 11.
Records: B-C (11-9-2, 6-1 Region 4-3A); S (2-11, 0-7 Region 4-3A).
Notes: B-C will host Chapin on Friday at The Cage for the Region 4-3A Championship. The Eagles defeated the Bearcats 1-0 in overtime in the first meeting on March 27 at Cecil Woolbright Stadium.
Riverside 3 JL Mann 0
Fort D 4 West Ashley 0
Irmo 4
Aiken 0
@ Irmo

Irmo 4 vs Aiken 0
at Stratford

Stratford 2, James Island 1
2 OT

Good luck to Coach Robinson and the Trojans the rest of the way!
Pinewood - 5
Northwoods - 0
The Irmo vs Aiken game was only 1-0 at halftime with Aiken having several chances off of long throw ins and set pieces to finish up the first half. Irmo came out strong with #7 Taylor Varney scoring a first time finish off a pass from #10 Leo Mucufsky (sp?) at the top of the box. He was able to put a powerful shot on the ground right inside the left post and the keeper really didn't have much of a chance. However Aiken had several oppurtunities at the end of the half including a 35-40 yard set piece that hit the post. Irmo came out in the second half with a lot more urgency and was able to put the Green Hornets away with goals from #10 Leo Mucufsky off a service from #8 Billy Padula, another great hit ball from Taylor Varney (a rocket right over the keeper that he didn't even have time to get his hands up on) and the final goal came from #12 Matt Colwell off a tap in. Irmo showed at times that when they play the ball on the ground they are dangerous while also showing they tend to have time periods in which they are very average. If they can become more consistent they have the potential of being dangerous come playoff time. Good effort from Aiken and hopefully both teams will be able to have more success at the end of the season.
Summerville 7
Battery Creek 1
Heathwood Hall 3
Orangeburg Prep 2 PK's
At Aynor,

GSSM - 2
Aynor - 1
HANNA 6 Stephens Co. 3
Eastside 4
Mauldin 1
Hammond beat CN? Wow, what an upset! I heard Hammond has their goalie back..., got injured pre season. Look out scisa.
@Fort
Fort 4 WA 0
@Darlington
Wilson 6
DHS 2

Great game by Wilson. Great pressure on the ball and great passing. The goals weren't all real pretty for them, but they were nonetheless goals.
Goose Creek 5
Berkeley 0
Abbeville 0
Pendleton 4

Goals from Alex Grubbs (1), Tristan Herbert (11), and Zack Sears 2 (4). Chris Patterson records his fourth shutout of the season.
Fort Mill 7
York 0
Anyone know any of these missing scores for Carolina Academy?

4/10 vs. Landrum
4/16 vs. Landrum
4/17 vs. Chapman
4/16
Fort Dorchester (4) vs. West Ashley (0)
4/17
Bluffton 7 Timberland 0
4/17
Carolina Academy 3
Chapman 1
White Knoll 5 North Augusta 1
Rough game for both teams. White Knoll plays Irmo Thursday. Can they pull it off again
doubt it if irmo is back to full strength.
Key match as currently both are trying to stay away from Northwestern. The schedule however favors Irmo.
Blythewood 2 - 1 Camden
1 - 1 at halftime

Good luck to the Bulldogs in the playoffs.

At AMHS Lincoln o AMHS 7
Dreher 2
AC Flora 0
@ Bolden Stadium

Dreher - Region 3 Champions
From last night
Dorman- 12
Gaffney- 0
4/18 @ South Pointe

Fort Mill 2 (OT)
South Pointe 1
futbol(soccer)- how do you figure the schedule favors irmo. the way wk has been playin when they are on their game this season will make it a great game. Just hopefully we will see more offense from wk this time instead of on their heels on every ball. they have the speed with that number 7 up top and can win through their midfield as well.
futbol is right...After Thursday Irmo has Lex. and N. Augusta
...White Knoll has Lex. and South Aiken

N.A. is 0-7 in Region Play...a gimme for Irmo?

Thursday's match is looking pretty critical for Irmo & WK
White Knoll may try put forth a good effort but the last game Irmo outshot them at least 4 to 1 hit the crossbar twice and was missing 8 starters. I expect Irmo by at least three goals.
Berkeley 5
Orangeburg-Wilkinson 1
Wade Hampton 1
Silver Bluff 3

Good luck to Wade Hampton with the rest of their season. They are a great team and have great coaching staff.
Coach Bennage,

Shut out Lincoln? That's huge for both AM and in the 1A ranks in general. Any other details?
Quote:

Coach Bennage,

Shut out Lincoln? That's huge for both AM and in the 1A ranks in general. Any other details?

That's going to make the seeding meeting very interesting next Friday.
If someone knows who is on the seeding committee could they please post it. Thank you.
That way coaches can get their threats and bribes ready...
Alexander- your correct irmo did out shoot wk but wk made their shots count. If you saw the game wk controlled the first half then after they scored they just packed in the middle. so tonight will be a great game.
Potentially in the rain, which usually slows down a fast team
All im gonna say is my boy Kyle Paradise is gonna have like 2 tonight, and show Irmo whats up...
makinufall, I was at the game if you were to then you cannot honestly believe the comments your making. WK controlled the first half? Are you serious? I believe the shot total was some ridiculous number like 28-4 in Irmo's favor. Let's use some logic here and say any team that controlled a half doesn't get outshot by over 20 shots. Yet anything can happen and if WK beats Irmo with all their starters back then I will give all the credit in the world to WK but I think Irmo has something to prove.
Clinton 2-5 Greer
The match was shortened due to the weather.
Jasper County 3
Edisto 2

JAsper played with 9 players for the first 20 minutes of the game. Enrique Baruca had a hat-trick for the Jaguars. Number 15 from Edisto scored on a 45 yard free kick (no bs). Real good game from both squads
Beaufort 1 WA 1

No decision. The ref walked away from the game.

This game had a strange aura around it from the start. Beaufort thought the game was starting at 7 when apparently it was supposed to start at 5:30, something WA demanded to happen. The Beaufort players had no time to stretch and were forced to quickly put on their gear and get on the field. Beaufort, already missing one center defender and captain, lost their other center defender and captain a few minutes into the match. A couple yellow cards were given throughout the game with Beaufort having the majority of chances and possession. One early goal by both teams set the tone for a physical and hard fought match. The game went into OT and at the end of the second extra period a WA player attempted to tackle a Beaufort player and a small scuffle ensued. A Beaufort player was given a red card with WA receiving nothing. The ref called the game and walked away, leaving both teams standing on the pitch in amazement. Not sure what to say about this, Ive never seen anything like it.
Wow, i dont think i've ever heard of anything like that
@ White Knoll

Irmo vs White Knoll ... Rain & Lightening Win tonight...
rescheduled for tomorrow night.
4/19 at Pinewood
Pinewood - 10
Lincoln - 2
Wilson 2
Marion 0
Eastside @ WHHS (Greenville) - rescheduled for 4/21 @ 8 am.
Marlboro County- 2
Andrews- 3

Great game to watch. MC up 2-0 but fell apart after giving up goal to make it 2-1. GW goal came in 4th min. of stoppage time. Good game by Andrews
@Darlington
Lakewood 4
Darlington 3

Great hustle by Lakewood. Darlington played the game without a starting forward as well as Leigh Manley, leading scorer (29 goals), only played the first half. DHS was also without its starting keeper due to injury. All that aside, Lakewood simply wanted it more. They played with more emotion than DHS, and that was the difference. Good luck in the playoffs.
The stoppage time due to weather didn't help either!
From "The Times and Democrat"

Branchville 7
Scott's Branch 0

Bamberg-Ehrhardt 4
Columbia 1
What's up with Lincoln? 7-0 loss to AMHS and now 10-2 loss to Pinewood. Are any of their key players out?
agoraphobia- how do you know kyle paradise? because he is a very skilled player and very fast but last time irmo played wk they could not get the ball to him but 4 times tops and one of those he took their right back then went to goal. so how do you figure he will score 2 tonight
2A Match Up

Woodruff 5
West Oak 0
Irmo 5
White Knoll 0

picked up the game where they left off last night, 25 minutes remaining at the half. Irmo went up 2-0 before half and then finished it off in the second half. White Knoll might have had 3 shots maybe. Irmo will most likely finish third in the region and travel to Fort Mill in the first round while it looks like White Knoll will have to go to Northwestern.
In Blackville
April 20th

Fox Creek 1
Blackville-Hilda 4
4/20 @ South Pointe

Northwestern 11
South Pointe 0
Mauldin 3
Boiling Springs 2
Wow Irmo was able to put a 5 spot on Paradise and WK.
BE 1
PG 0
Dreher 3
Blythewood 0
@ Memorial Stadium
REGION 4-3A CHAMPIONSHIP
Chapin 1-0 Brookland-Cayce
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Goal: (C) David Stone (75:12).
Saves: (C) Haze Weinspach 0, Greg DeMare 2; (B-C) JC Gypin 7.
Shots: (C) 11; (B-C) 9.
Corner Kicks: (C) 2; (B-C) 5.
Offsides: (C) 5; (B-C) 1.
Fouls: (C) 9; (B-C) 14.
Records: (C) 13-6, 8-0; (B-C) 11-10-2, 6-2.
Lexington 2 – Aiken 0. Wildcats controlled but Aiken was never really out of it so far that it wasn’t exciting to watch. Aiken keep made some nice saves to keep it close.
4/20

Carolina Academy vs. Pendleton cancelled due to transportation issues. Trying to reschedule at this point for next Wedesday, 4/24.
at Stratford

Stratford 6, Goose Creek 0
Dorman 5
Byrnes 0
Hammond 3
Heathwood 0
@ Hammond
soccer6 - irmo did control the whole game and came out with intensity. good luck against fort mill irmo.
Now about paradise got the ball about six times, got it taken from him about 3 of those times cuz he had no help up top he is to quick. he did their to backs up pretty bad. never really got to lynch in the back
From Thursday
Bluffton 20 North Charleston 0
NC played with 8 players. Bluffton played with 8 as well but had fresh legs.
Should have worked on passing skills or something. 20-0???? I guess you really can't help it when they start with only 8 players though.
20-0???? wow
Thats pretty f***** up they let it get that high. Should have possessed more. If they really were a quality team they would have done so.
Richland Northeast 8
Eau Claire 0

I give props to Eau Calire for fielding a team this year, they worked hard.
From 4/17
Northwestern 11
Lancaster 0
What point is made when you score 20 on 8 players?
none its absurd to do that.......should have just let it go after 7 or 8 goals. It proves nothing
Bluffton did work on possesion throughout the game. The ball was passed around two or three times before a goal. We even dropped down to 7 players and would have dropped to 6 but the rules would not allow us. The North Charleston coach insisted we play a full 80 minutes even when his players were about to drop and not putting up much of a fight. I asked the refs before the game, during half time, and during the second half to put a stop. If Bluffton wanted to, they could have scored alot more than 20. Unfortunately, North Charleston came short handed and with very inexperienced players.

I will give credit to the Cougars for having the courage to come to Bluffton with a coed team of only 8 players and trying to play an 80 minute game. Generally I don't condone running up a score and I have had arguments with players wanting to up their personal stats but this was an unfortunate situation that I could not stop.
Eastside 6
Wade Hampton (Greenville) 0
"The ball was passed around two or three times before a goal."

I'll give you some suggestions for next time:
1) For every 2 touches forward, require 1 back.
2) 5 one-touch passes before going to goal.
3) only allow scoring off of a header from the corner.
4) only allow goals off of vollies.
5) any mix of the above.

Hope this helps you next time. It's not fun for either team to have a score like that.
Whenever the team i'm on gets up by alot goals, our coach makes us work the ball and score on crosses only.
@Camden Military Tournament - Darlington results

Darlington 1
Orangeburg Prep 1

Darlington 1
Cheraw 0

Darlington 4
Dreher 3

Great tournament!
You guys need to have a slaughter rule. If at the begining of the second half, or any time during the second half the score difference goes to 7, the remaining time is cut in half. So if you are leading by 7 at half, the second half would be 20 minutes. I think that is a nice rule to prevent a very boring and lopsided game to get even more out of hand. I did a game here in northern IL where the team scored 7 in the first 10 minutes, then played keep away until half. At half the second half was only 20 mintues, they scored once more in the first 30 seconds, and then played keep away. If I could have ended the game any faster as a referee I would have.
Quote:

@Camden Military Tournament - Darlington results

Darlington 1
Orangeburg Prep 1

Darlington 1
Cheraw 0

Darlington 4
Dreher 3

Great tournament!

What kind of tournament was this (Varsity, JV, etc.)? I noticed in The State newspaper this morning that there was a B-Team that played in the tourney. Please advise. Thanks!
Varsity Tournament-Hartsville dropped out at the last minute, so CM's JV filled their spot.
Only..this tournament isn't on Dreher's schedule. So...
Friday 4/20/07

Camden 5
Chester 2

Camden led 2-1 at the half. Chester tied it at 2 early in the second half. Camden re-gained momentum & then broke the game open. Unfortunately Chester lost their composure & started a fight which ended the game in an ugly brawl.
The Carolina Academy vs. Pendleton match has been rescheduled for Wednesday 4/25, 7:00 pm @ Pendleton
© SC Soccer