SC Soccer
Good luck against North Augusta for win # 500. That is one heck of a feat!
If Irmo is able to defeat North Agusta tonight that would take Coach Savitz career record to 500-62-5 in his 27 year tenure at Irmo. Very impressive, and couldn't happen to a better person.
Irmo was up 7-0 at half....
whoa what a shocker!
Irmo Final 14-0... ended with only 9 players on the field for Irmo. North Augusta only had 13 players to begin with and they played their hearts out.
Congrats to Coach Phil Savitz for being such a class act!!! For 27 years he has built a "Tradition of Excellance". All his players past and present respect him! Well done to a great Coach! 500 and counting
Congratulations to the 2007 Irmo Varsity team for executing such a fantastic display of skill on the pitch tonight. Your play was a timely tribute to the excellence Coach Savitz instills in his players and teams.

It was great to look around the stadium tonight to see kids from 6 or so and up watching and learning from players and coaches involved in such a successful program.

Congratulations on 500 wins Coach and maybe more importantly congratulations on having only 62 losses in 27 years! Keep up the great work and best of luck in the playoffs.
Does anyone know who is the next closest coach to such an accomplishment in the state of South Carolina?
Phil,
You have done some amazing things with your program over the years. I still remember when you brought Irmo down to our Chritmas Tourny at Summerville in early 80's and we took both teams to see "Sudden Impact" .
Well done and Goood Luck as you finish off another fine year.
Congratulations to Coach Savitz on his 500 wins.
He is such a good coach and respected person in both high school and club soccer circles.
I've seen Irmo a lot over the years and their program is outstanding. Congrats to Coach Savitz on this achievement!
too bad he couldn't beat lexington for the 500th win.
that would have been even more memorable.
congrats on the 500.
Beating Lex. would have been nice for the 500th win but I can't help buy say that it was appropriate for the win to take place at a home game. The atmosphere was great as the JV won their games and then the seniors anf their families were each recognized prior to kickoff.

The boys played flawlessly followed by an exillerating cooler soaking of Coach Savitz prior to the distribution of 500th Win t-shirts and cake. The Irmo Nation celebrated in first class fashion . . . as usual. Glad to be a part of it.
The wins are an Irmo tradition. What impresses me is that on the few occaisions they do lose, they do it with dignity and class. Coach, congratulations on many years of fine kids, great soccer and a lot of good memories for a lot of people.
I want to thank EVERYONE who has been so supportive and gracious with your comments on SC Soccer and numerous e-mails regarding my 500th win last night. It was a festive atmosphere with senior night and the "500" celebration. I also want to thank all the past and present, Irmo players, fans and parents who have come by, e-mailed and called non-stop to wish me and my family well!
It is greatly appreciated!! Phil Savitz
Phil congratulations on a record that I feel will last for a long long time. It is a well deserved honor and you should be proud. Someone has to be the captain of the ship and steer it in the right direction and you've proven that you are more than equal for the task!!
Posted By: Columbia21Champion f - 04/28/07 01:13 AM
congratulations savitz!!!! you have made a dynasty in 4A Soccer and all across the state

Good Job and Good Luck in playoffs and next season!
A lifetime achievement in a mere 27 years....

...Good luck in the next 27!

Super Super Job!
Listed below are some of the achievements Coach Phil Savitz and the Irmo HS boys soccer program have enjoyed over the years:

Coaching Record 500-62-5 (.886)
Region Coach of the Year
SC 4A Coach of the Year - 89, 97, 00
HS Sports Report Lifetime Achievement Award
NSCAA Southern Region Coach of the Year - 96
NSCAA Region III Coach of the Year - 91
National Coach of the Year Finalist - 91
1st in SC in number of wins
1st in SC in number of State Championships
1st in SC to reach 300, 400, 500 wins
State Championships Won - 82, 87, 88, 89, 90, 93, 95, 96, 97, 98, 00, 03, 04
State Championship Finalist - 81, 91, 92, 99, 02, 05

Thanks to the IHS program and Assistant Coach Dennis Cook for providing these highlights!
Win totals for coaches are on the front page.
© SC Soccer