SC Soccer
Posted By: The Fan "Cinderella" Teams - 04/30/07 06:02 PM
Who are the "Cinderella" teams this year in any classification of the playoffs?
Posted By: Spartan Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 04/30/07 06:52 PM
You can recognize them by their Glass Cleats

...and they don't play late night games
Posted By: The Fan Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 04/30/07 07:04 PM
You seem confused Spartan. But great comment! Hopefully they don't have any evil step-AD's or anything like that.
Posted By: kickittome Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 04/30/07 07:04 PM
We, Darlington, got invited to the "ball", but I'm not sure the slipper fits. We'll wait and see.
Posted By: Nasty19 Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 04/30/07 08:25 PM
I think Fort D. could come out of the top half of the lower state bracket by beating Spring Valley and Summerville en route to the Lower State Championship game.
Posted By: Spartan Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 04/30/07 10:49 PM
Kickittome....You have solved the problem with the lack of quality pizza places in Darlington....

....Primos (5 Stars)

....I'm sure you'll find a way to make that slipper fit (maybe a pepperoni shoe horn will work)

Good Luck at the Ball!
Posted By: yoyoyoshi Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/01/07 01:16 AM
top 6 contenders for lower state:

1. Dutch Fork
2. Wando
3. Spring Valley
4. Fort Dorchester
5. Summerville
6. Beaufort

One of these, most likely Dutch Fork are gonna go on to play Northwestern for the championship in my opinion.
Posted By: links5 Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/01/07 02:15 AM
My top six teams are

1. Dutch Fork
2. Wando
3. Fort Dorchester
4. Summerville
5. Spring Valley
6. Beaufort

I don't think anybody in the lowerstate can beat Dutch Fork the way they have been playing lately. It will be interesting to see what happens in the upper part of the bracket with Spring Valley, Fort Dorchester and Summerville. Looking forward to it but i think it will be Dutch Fork and Northwestern in the finals.
Posted By: welshwizard Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/01/07 03:20 AM
cinderella teams? ummm this year looks pretty straight forward as far as picks are concerned. Mostly the higher seed will prevail. However, I think RNE could easily knock off West Florence and Ridge View can probably win their first round game.
Posted By: Nasty19 Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/01/07 03:08 PM
Lower State top teams

1. DF
2. Wando
3. SV
4. Beaufort
5. Fort D.
6. S'ville

Dutch Fork beats Spring Valley in Lower State Championship game
Posted By: kick_ball Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/01/07 03:16 PM
White Knoll takes out NW tonight .... haha anyone want to join me on that.. i dont really think that would happen but could yall imagine that would be NUTS.... good luck to both!
Posted By: MUnited Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/01/07 03:31 PM
go back to sleep and keep dreaming
Posted By: Spartan Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/01/07 04:27 PM
Who knows...Ask the girls at Byrnes if they are still dreaming after knocking off a #1 seed.
Posted By: kickittome Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/02/07 01:15 AM
The slipper did not fit us this year. Got beat 2-1. It was however a "Cinderella" season for us. A season of firsts for us.
First:
Winning season in school history!
hosting a playoff game(haven't been in since 2001)
fielding a girls squad
fielding a JV Squad
hosting a tournament

Very proud of my boys and our girls this season. Look for us to improve over the next couple years!!!
Posted By: numba20 Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/02/07 01:51 AM
wow no one metioned stratford, oh and by the way they just beat the fort
Posted By: sunshine11 Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/02/07 02:08 AM
in my opinion it was darlington if they didnt make stupid mistakes. airportwas a good team but never should have beat darlington. there first goal was lucky. the kid did a front flip throw in and darlingtons defense just stoud there and watched it in shock and amazment. but good luck to airport.
Posted By: kickittome Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/02/07 03:27 AM
Your absolutely right sunshine, we should have won that game. I don't want to blame it on our defense though. We missed alot of opportunities in front of the pipes too. Don't worry sunshine, you'll come tomorrow.
Posted By: ahssoccer Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/02/07 03:37 AM
hey guys, airport also missed many shots in front of the goal with 1v1 situation. But i do have to say yall played with a lot of heart and had yalls share of opportunities also good luck next year and good game
Posted By: kickittome Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/02/07 03:46 AM
Both keepers were on their game too. Both made their share of great saves. As I watched the game, these were two fairly evenly matched teams. Sweepers were pretty equal, Airports D was overall faster. Darlington was a bit stronger in the midfield, Forwards were equal as well. Good luck to Airport in the next round. BTW - we had more shots, Airport had more on frame. The Airport keeper didn't have to make as many saves due to us being a bit wide right or left. Great game. They acted with class as well! Good Luck next round.
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: "Cinderella" Teams - 05/02/07 06:14 AM
WK beating Northwestern...What an imagination you have...
© SC Soccer