SC Soccer
Posted By: who_me? Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 01:14 AM
Does anyone know the game time for Saturday yet?
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 02:16 AM
7 PM from what I've been told.
Posted By: tmoney101 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 02:25 AM
The game everyone looked forward to in the PC.... The game everyones looking forward too now. Wish it was at Stone.
Posted By: ehs1 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 02:33 AM
it will be a great rematch of what everyone saw in the palmetto cup
Posted By: realmadrid Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 02:58 AM
this should be good lexington has the talent to beat Northwestern, but when you play a good team like NW at home its hard to come out on top.
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 03:00 AM
Any given day anything can happen. That's why its such a glorious game.
Posted By: ARichardsonSC Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 01:15 PM
I'll start what is sure to be and endless amount of predictions...

Lexington 3:2 Northwestern (OT)

Pontiac Game-Changing Performer: Tanner Osbourne, GK(Lex)
Posted By: Midcenter09 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 01:34 PM
im going for Northwestern.
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 02:04 PM
I will say I am going with Lexington. What I know is that who wins this will win STATES
Posted By: Coach J Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 02:06 PM
STATES?
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 02:58 PM
Northwestern 4
Lexington 1

Pontiac Game-Changer(s): The Benson Brothers

Yes, I know, it is a very bold and unlikely prediction from what most of you think.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 03:04 PM
Northwestern 2
Lexington 0

PG-C: Michael Antinoro
Posted By: touché Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 03:07 PM
Lexington 3
Northwestern 1
Posted By: Invade Canada Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 03:19 PM
I'm gonna call it 2-0 Lexington. I didn't think the PC game was a true way of evaluating both teams. Due to the fact that Lexington and Northwestern played several hard games earlier in the cup and were tired physicly. This will be the true match everyone was looking forward too.
Posted By: iamdieselv2 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 03:21 PM
touche, its not 97%, its 86% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Posted By: kick_ball Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 03:23 PM
I say half way through the second half with the game tied 1-1 crazy elfs doing the hokey pokey steal the ball setting off a chain reaction causeing space and time to break down leaving us all in limbo and never finding out what happens or who wins this year and all what everyone has worked for goes to waste. Except for Chico who becomes mayor!!!
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 04:00 PM
kik ball your an idiot. should be a good game though i dont see anybody shutting Northwestern out like some of you have predicted. it will be a close game no doubt. I just dont see the boys losing at home
Posted By: kick_ball Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 04:23 PM
wow cant even make a joke!!
Posted By: MUnited Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 04:40 PM
Northwestern 4
Lexington 1

Pontiac Game Changer- Vance Benson
Posted By: tmoney101 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 05:32 PM
Lots of people predict it to be a blowout everytime, and everytime its close. Its gonna be an exciting game.
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 07:13 PM
STATES!
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 07:15 PM
That's ok kickball. I thought it was humorous.
Posted By: TER8134 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 07:15 PM
4a?
Posted By: tmoney101 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 07:34 PM
Yes 4a, if you dont know who these teams are you shouldnt be on the message board.
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 07:40 PM
4A? Sorry I don't get the question. Just so I am clear...
I believe the winner out of the Lexington vs. Northwestern game will end up winning STATES
Posted By: PKSpot Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 08:12 PM
Northwestern 3-1

Ryan Kropp leads trojans by holding the ball and distributing to enzo.
Posted By: who_me? Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 08:37 PM
Not to get all "Chico" on everyone, but an interesting statistic. NW has played 7 top 10 teams this year and had 11 goals scored on them, which works out to 1.57 goals given up per quality opponent. Lexington has played 12 top 10 teams this year, and given up 17 goals, or 1.41 goals per quality opponent. I doesn't get much closer than this. I seriously doubt you are going to see a two let alone a three goal spread in this game no matter who you pick to win.
Posted By: makinufall Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 09:23 PM
i cant even believe people are putting the score so high for northwestern. if you have seen both teams play and know the teams there is no way that you should think northwestern can win by 3 goals. i have played agianst both teams and lexington is clearly the better team. lex has a great offense and defense.. oh and maki who does a great job on enzo! northwestern has an offense.... a great offense at that but they will not pull it out, their defense is no match for the rocketshot, callison, and orzech....
the score will look something like this.....
LEXINGTON 2 NORTHWESTERN 1 (ot)
Posted By: Midlandsoccer17 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/04/07 10:26 PM
woah woah woah... who do you play for? clearly the better team? i've played both teams (NW twice) and i would say the exact opposite. lexington is very scrappy, but doesn't have nearly the talent NW does. i'm not saying they can't win because they are definitely capable, but to say that they are clearly the better team is crazy.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 12:56 AM
Here is how you beat NW...
1) You foul just about every time Enzo gets the ball...not so much of a foul that it gets called, but let him knowyou are there.
2) You foul Kropp or put a body on him any time the ball comes near. Tactical fouling can be good.
3) You grab the jersey if you think you are going to get beat, or if they have even a small step on you, because referees are not as likely to card for jersey grabbing.
4) You rotate players in that can afford to get yellows for substantial fouls on NW's best players. You foul them hard, and you fould them often.
5) You have to play a game where you dominate the midfield. YOu might have to play a 1-6-3 or something like that.

Thats all I have for now. But there are ways to stop great offensive players. Some may call it dirty, but it is all tactical. Just don't intentionally try to injure a player. But a good knee in the quad can really slow down an opponent over time.
Posted By: who_me? Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 02:22 AM
Glad that the Lexington boys team was all at the Girls game in Fort Mill tonight. At least they can't be blamed for that gem.
Posted By: Spartan Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 03:40 AM
Northwestern - 0
Soccerboy - 1
Posted By: welshwizard Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 05:07 AM
kyle paradise aka makinufall please be quiet bc everyone is sick of you building up yourself and lexington
Posted By: welshwizard Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 05:09 AM
soccerboy good point and i agree, put someone on kropp at all times, enzo and alex feed off of him he is the head of that team, cut off the head and those two don't know what to do. Benson is good but cannot take over a game.
Posted By: myers65 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 06:49 AM
naw welshwizard i think youve got the wrong white knoll kid. Daniel Day is the one u need to tell to be quite.
Posted By: wolfgang Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 12:40 PM
2 who-me:
using your method nhs averaged appx 3.5 goals against those teams and lexington 2. and oh, by the way, didnt nhs beat lex without its best defender even being on the continent or was i dreaming? wasnt da score 3-2 or did i dream that 2? that is y we play da game....
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 01:09 PM
welsh dumb*** saying enzo and alex dont know what to do without ryan is the most rediculous statement I have ever heard. Saying Vance cannont take over a game on his own is stupid too. I'm pretty sure that big time players get recruited to play for big time college programs. Don't forget about Benson's counterpart in the midfield (Antinoro). Either way with a little help from the weather things will be played out tonight on the field. Don't sleep on the defense cus thats when you end up flat on your back and the NW attack is tearing down the field towards your goal.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 01:27 PM
Spartan, I am too old. My prediction would be:

NW-100
soccerboy-dead

I thinkt he NW Lexington game should be another quality game. It will be interseting to see who come out of it. There is the possibility that the winner will play Irmo, and Irmo is playing much better soccer as of late.
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 02:28 PM
Should be a dandy.
Posted By: ClimaCool® Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 03:07 PM
Quote:

Here is how you beat NW...
1) You foul just about every time Enzo gets the ball...not so much of a foul that it gets called, but let him knowyou are there.
2) You foul Kropp or put a body on him any time the ball comes near. Tactical fouling can be good.
3) You grab the jersey if you think you are going to get beat, or if they have even a small step on you, because referees are not as likely to card for jersey grabbing.
4) You rotate players in that can afford to get yellows for substantial fouls on NW's best players. You foul them hard, and you fould them often.
5) You have to play a game where you dominate the midfield. YOu might have to play a 1-6-3 or something like that.

Thats all I have for now. But there are ways to stop great offensive players. Some may call it dirty, but it is all tactical. Just don't intentionally try to injure a player. But a good knee in the quad can really slow down an opponent over time.

that is pretty dirty...but this is more tactical..and less dangerous...play long balls to pick at NW's weak defense and take shots often on their keeper..he'll probably drop one in the net
Posted By: who_me? Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 03:54 PM
Wolfgang: I was citing a goals against average against top ten teams to make my argument that predictions of a 3 or 4 point blowout may be fun to make but are unlikely to happen. I don't think anyone in the state would deny that NW has the best offensive line in AAAA, but both times these teams have met they were nail biters. I expect tonight to be the same. Are you predicting a blowout?
Posted By: Johnny Q Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 04:02 PM
Northwestern in a rout!
Posted By: sccoach Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 05:01 PM
Game time?
Posted By: NHSXCOACH Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 05:19 PM
Scheduled for 7:00 PM. NHS Staff is currently monitoring the weather and field conditions. More info to come soon.
Posted By: sccoach Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 05:21 PM
Thanks. I hope that the bad weather holds off.
Posted By: SCSoccerFan8 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 05:22 PM
Thank you, Coach. I know of several other people monitoring this site and planning to drive from Columbia to Rock Hill tonight, so any updates on weather or time would be really appreciated. We will be reading this thread. Thank you.
Posted By: NHSXCOACH Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 05:27 PM
As soon as a decision is made, I will place a post on this thread.
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 05:41 PM
We all hope the weather holds off. Can't wait for the game.
Posted By: Spartan Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 06:33 PM
The nasty weather is already in Spartanburg...

Good Luck, but it looks like it's going your way
Posted By: NHSXCOACH Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 06:46 PM
Northwestern vs Lexington game has been postponed until Monday at 7:00 PM.
Posted By: Lexcoach Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 06:46 PM
I hear it has been postponed....any truth?
Posted By: NHSXCOACH Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 06:48 PM
Yes see post before yours.
Posted By: Lexcoach Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 06:52 PM
timing is everything....thx
This sucks, both teams have to be so ready to play each other. I can't believe all the build up and hype has to wait two more days.
Posted By: who_me? Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 07:22 PM
Lots of Lexington fans were headed north tonight. It will be interesting to see how many can make it on a school/work night now. (3:15 and the sun is breaking through in Columbia).
Posted By: welshwizard Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 10:27 PM
Clemson-Trojan please learn to spell. On another note I stand behind my previous post. When DF played NW for the first time, without Kropp, DF wins 2-1 with Benson having a below average game, Enzo being shut down in the second half, and alex please. Second game was a totally different story. Kropp holds balls up top and set up and hand fed Alex and Enzo their goals. Final score NW 5- DF 1. Benson again did not have a great game. Benson will work hard for 80 minutes and give a great effort but he most definitely cannot takeover a game.
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 10:41 PM
I like the ignorance of your post. Benson cannot take over a game? He was signed to play at the University of South Carolina, if that means anything to you which it probably doesn't. He has been a consistent 4-year starter and is one of the top midfielders in the state this year. As for your remarks about Enzo... I won't even go there.
Posted By: makinufall Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 10:51 PM
Quote:

kyle paradise aka makinufall please be quiet bc everyone is sick of you building up yourself and lexington

Welshwizard..... i am not kyle paradise and if i was i would be building wk up not lexington. i watch all the region 4 games. so get your facts straight. the reason i bring him us is cuz he does not get the exposer deserved.
Posted By: The Hammer Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/05/07 10:56 PM
hey welshwizard, I agree:

You requested for the clemson-wizard to spell properly, I certainly wish the same:

Quote:

cuz he does not get the exposer deserved.

Posted By: TJ Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 03:01 AM
Quote:

I thinkt he NW Lexington game should be another quality game. It will be interseting to see who come out of it. There is the possibility that the winner will play Irmo, and Irmo is playing much better soccer as of late.

Soccerboy - while I agee that Irmo is playing better of late, they are incredibly lucky to be in the position that are in. The brackets were horrible this year.
The top three ranked teams in Irmo's bracket were 7(S Aiken) 8 (Irmo) and 9 (Mauldin).
NW and Lex. have in their bracket 1 & 2 and 6 (Dorman).

We definitly need a better way to place teams in the brackets. Why aren't the teams seeded at the end of the season?? Either a #1 or #2 will be elimanated before the upperstate championship, while a while an #8 or #9 has a guarenteed spot. This needs some attention.
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 03:54 AM
I also disagree with Welshwizard. To say Vance cannot take over a game is ridiculous. Yeah, he might not take over every game and plays bad sometimes, but he certainly has the potential to and has done so before. I have played with him, and merely watching the effort he gives can inspire the rest of the team. He can possess the ball and go forward very well. And while Mr. Bassett didnt go there on Enzo, I will. I'm sure Enzo makes Kropp a ton better. Sure Enzo does better with Kropp but he can change the game by himself also. I bet he does alright on the national team without Kropp's help. I think NW will win 2-0.
Posted By: who_me? Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 11:16 AM
Does anyone think the postponement 'till Monday changes the dynamic of the game?
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 01:29 PM
No. Why would it?
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 03:37 PM
I know how to spell you wanker. This is a message board and I really don't care how I spell any of the words I post. You obviously understood what I wrote so get over yourself and get a life. Losers like you take this message board way to seriously. Northwestern is a force to be reckoned with no matter how you break them down. Who cares about Dutch Fork they aren't even in the playoffs anymore.
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 03:45 PM
i hope i spelld everything right in my previous post 4 u i wouldnt want u to have a hard time reading it or anything like that
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 05:07 PM
I think it will change the game a little bit. Playing on a wet field evens the competition a lot and would be more of a "boot-ball" game. Since Monday night will hopefully be dry then the game should be a lot quicker and composed. I think it will let Northwestern control midfield better and make it harder on Lexington's defense. I doubt the players motivation will change though. Both teams will come out fired up and ready to play their
A game.
Posted By: MUnited Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 07:47 PM
the field may have some effect on the way the game is played, but when it comes down to it, whoever wants it more will win it.
Posted By: Shrink Rap Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 08:46 PM
The game being played on Monday might effect the game as far as fan support. A Monday night game might not bring the students and working parents from the traveling team as much as they might show for a relaxing Saturday evening game.
Posted By: sideline24 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 08:59 PM
I think the concentration or focus of the players will change a little since monday is a school day where as on a saturday you only are thinking about the game.... on a weekday you have studies to worry about, but this might also help players get more pumped for the game with their friends wishing them luck at school and suprisingly this might bring more students from the schools because they will not have work, other sports, commitments, etc. on weekends...... i know you probably just threw this out their when you were typing but i seriously doubt that this game will be relaxing shrink rap
Posted By: Shrink Rap Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/06/07 09:12 PM
The game itself will not be relaxing... but the travel on Saturday would be more relaxing. For a 7pm traveling game on Monday, a student will have to think about traveling 3 hours round trip during a school day, getting home around 10:30 or 11pm. Leaving un-relaxing time for homework. A parent making a 7pm game will have to get out of work around 5:30 to make the trip. Thus, a Saturday game would be more relaxing as far as planning goes for most. Therefore, the fan base of the traveling team might be effected negatively due to Monday vs. Saturday.
Posted By: Spartan Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 02:05 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Soccerboy - while I agee that Irmo is playing better of late, they are incredibly lucky to be in the position that are in. The brackets were horrible this year.
The top three ranked teams in Irmo's bracket were 7(S Aiken) 8 (Irmo) and 9 (Mauldin).
NW and Lex. have in their bracket 1 & 2 and 6 (Dorman).

We definitly need a better way to place teams in the brackets. Why aren't the teams seeded at the end of the season?? Either a #1 or #2 will be elimanated before the upperstate championship, while a while an #8 or #9 has a guarenteed spot. This needs some attention.

TJ,

Upperstate brackets had #8 vs. #14 in the 1st round.

2nd Round showed #2 vs. #6 and #1 vs. #15 in Upperstate and #3 vs. #5 in the Lowerstate

3rd Round #1 v. #2 in the Upperstate
#4 didn't play a ranked team (#11)until the 4th round in the Lowerstate

There may be some problems in the brackets, but the rankings have their glitches too.

Another unfair situation - Home field advantage to a Region #1 seed in a very weak region.ie.#3 @ #5

The road to state changes each year ...The teams that make it to the last 2 rounds year after year are the ones who show incredible adaptability by being able to win under adverse conditions, and when it counts(field conditions, home field fans, travel time, "terrible" refs, lack of Taco Bells nearby, etc.).
Posted By: touché Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 03:06 PM
Both teams will be ready to play and it won't be huge Northwestern blowout. It never has been, never will be. Expect a close game as always...and by the way, 94% of the time I'm always right.
Posted By: battlefront Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 03:13 PM
Hey Invade Soccer I heard through the trenchs that you are rocketshot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I heard that a major part of your game is sicological warfare. People think that you’re injured but you’re ready to strike with that rocketshot. The latest I heard was poison of the food variety. I hope to see you play tonight and prove all of us wrong you better watch you back.
Posted By: kick_ball Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 03:16 PM
umm battlefront...stop talking ok!
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 03:28 PM
Hey Touche,

I think that I can quite honestly say that is the scariest Avatar I have ever seen.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 04:08 PM
That is a pretty disturbing avatar. Kudos for finding it, but it does frighten me what he had to type to find that picture.....
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 05:01 PM
touche',
Just a fair warning. You probably need to move over to the girls soccer thread before it gets ugly in here.
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 05:36 PM
Agreed.
Posted By: Spartan Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 05:40 PM
Touche,

Was that picture taken on the Salad Bar at the Golden Corral in Rock Hill
Posted By: who_me? Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 07:38 PM
There are some things that Kyle needs to ban just out of mercy to the sport.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 10:40 PM
GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!! Give those obnoxious NW fans something to be sad about!!!
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 10:53 PM
Come on trojans! Take care of business!!!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:13 PM
RIP 'EM UP WILDCATS!! TEAR THOSE TROJANS DOWN, THEN STOMP ON 'EM AND SCRATCH THEIR EYES OUT!!
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:15 PM
Well you got me there Striker.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:16 PM
.......THEN GRAB A TROJAN'S ARM IN YOUR MOUTH AND SLOWLY TEAR IT FROM ITS SOCKET....
Posted By: play2win09 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:16 PM
GO CATS!!!!!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:18 PM
...THEN CLAW THEIR BELLIES OPEN AND RIP OUT THEIR WEAK HEARTS..........that should about do it.
Posted By: LF Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:20 PM
Northwestern 1 - 0 over Lexington. NW scored within the first 3 minutes
Posted By: play2win09 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:21 PM
definately have it covered!
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:26 PM
Well done boys keep it coming!! Who scored?!
Posted By: play2win09 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:38 PM
any score update?
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:47 PM
Halftime
Northwestern 2-0 Lexington
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:48 PM
Keep it up.
Posted By: play2win09 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/07/07 11:55 PM
lexington can still come back with good defense and offense strikes in the second half
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 12:11 AM
Come on 'Cats'! You gotta claw back into this one. The start of the 2nd half, just go go for the jugular......and
big bites into the buttocks area.....
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 12:12 AM
25' left in the match = Northwestern 4-0 Lexington
Posted By: play2win09 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 12:30 AM
final score?
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 12:37 AM
Final = Northwestern 4-0 Lexington.
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 01:06 AM
Ah Bollocks! I predicted 4-1 Northwestern over Lexington...I guess you can't win em' all!
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 01:33 AM
Kropp had two
Enzo with one
Clark with one the goalie deflected his throw into the goal
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 01:43 AM
Northwestern handled them and did it with class. NW fans may be loud and passionate soccerboy but the only reason your upset about it is because your fans dont come anywhere close to them. Northwestern can only beat themselves at this point.
For any of you who think the NW defense is weak just ask number ten from Lexington how he is feeling right now. He got waxed by Stillman.
Posted By: Midlandsoccer17 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 02:10 AM
Game was abbbbbsolutely dominated by NW. Lexington was completely dominated for 75 minutes. They got possession against the NW subs. Amazing game from both Kropp and Enzo. Enzo must have done Jess over atleast 10 times. Nothing against Jess because Enzo will do that to even the best defenders. Kropp provides the simple balls and the possession while Enzo and Alex provide the individual flare. The NW midfield played very solid and controlled the majority of the game. The NW backs played well too, but to be honest, they were not tested often. Lexington may have had two or three real scoring threats. I would disagree that NW can only beat themselves though because I think a completely healthy Wando team could give them a good game. I'm not saying they would beat them, but to say NW can only beat themselves in a stretch imo.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 02:17 AM
Clemson, I don't have any fans, I am no longer in school. If NW can run it this year, good for them. We shall see as the playoffs continue!
Posted By: James Gray Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 02:19 AM
By the way, the Indy Burn U-17 coach knows who Enzo is. (State champion from Indiana for State Cup) I would say he is getting nationally recognized....
Posted By: MUnited Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 03:08 AM
Quote:

i cant even believe people are putting the score so high for northwestern. if you have seen both teams play and know the teams there is no way that you should think northwestern can win by 3 goals. i have played agianst both teams and lexington is clearly the better team. lex has a great offense and defense.. oh and maki who does a great job on enzo! northwestern has an offense.... a great offense at that but they will not pull it out, their defense is no match for the rocketshot, callison, and orzech....
the score will look something like this.....
LEXINGTON 2 NORTHWESTERN 1 (ot)

i'm sorry, what did you say?

no they can't win by 3, but 4 will do.

bye bye lexington.
Posted By: projectpat17 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 03:08 AM
Yea, midlands I agree, nothing against Maki but Enzo made him look lost out there, it was kind of sad to tell the truth. Stillman also destroyed some kid, they might not be the most skilled defense but they will hit you!
Posted By: ClimaCool® Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 03:21 AM
Quote:

Northwestern handled them and did it with class. NW fans may be loud and passionate soccerboy but the only reason your upset about it is because your fans dont come anywhere close to them. Northwestern can only beat themselves at this point.
For any of you who think the NW defense is weak just ask number ten from Lexington how he is feeling right now. He got waxed by Stillman.

no one is complaining about your fans...and 10 was handled in the midfield not the defense
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 04:56 AM
soccerboy,

Of course you don't have any fans...you are a referee. No one likes referees man. Well, there are rare exceptions but you definately aren't one.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 11:44 AM
From The Rock Hill Herald:

Trojans Move On.....congratulations Northwestern!

http://www.heraldonline.com/102/story/20062.html
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 12:01 PM
I had the honor of watching LHS & NW play last night and to be honest I was hoping for more of a game. Being LHS alumni of course I will say I was pulling for the Wildcats. I have never seen NW play and I was shocked. One of the most talented High School teams I have seen in a while. The Coach should be proud how he has put this team together. Number 4 Who I believe is the kid named Enzo was very talented hard to believe he is only a sophomore. Great things will come from him in the future. My favorite to watch was Number 10 who I guess was Kropp. This kid had it all talent and CLASS! Was very impressed how he kept his head in the game. College coaches will love him. I do have one negative thing to say that really put a bad taste in my mouth. #2 Martinez. I want to say his actions were only done because he is a freshman. The GESTURE after the Goal is what I am talking about. Being a player you are an example for young players. You need to represent your school and team in a higher standard. My 9-year-old boy was present with me and was most impressed with this kid and so was I. This kid could easily be the best player in the future. His aggressive play is amazing. His talent is fantastic. His attitude and maturity is awful. No matter what the opposite sides say or do don’t respond. The scoreboard spoke for itself no need to act like you are playing with yourself on the field. Instead of talking about how great NW was last night my 9 year old wanted to know what you were doing and why. Good Luck NW with the rest of the playoffs and #2 you are to great of a player to bring yourself and your team down like that.
Posted By: kickman Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 12:13 PM
Jester for Gesture is one of the best I have heard for a while--beating by far loose for lose. I didn't figure out the real meaning till the end of the post and it was pretty comical the image of a jester that would be offensive to anyone, especially a 9 year old.
Posted By: RosickyRocks Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 12:24 PM
Okay....Thanks, Kickman, for clearing it up....I was having trouble figuring out the "jester" image, myself! Spelling DOES count on the message boards!
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern *DELETED* - 05/08/07 12:26 PM
Post deleted by London_Player
Posted By: RosickyRocks Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 12:32 PM
London....we seem to have lost something in translation...I think Kickman was simply confused by the typo "jester"...I, too was imagining a young man who pulled out a silly hat after scoring a goal....after the correct word, "gesture" is added, and the image of what he was doing was explained, I'm sure we are ALL in agreement, that it was rude, crude, and "socially unacceptable" behavior!
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 12:39 PM
Yes I do understand. Sorry but I was very upset about the Gesture..... NOT Jester. Seem SP Check was correct but wrong word. ALL Jesters were actually on the LHS side last night. I hate to say it but the LHS students also need a to show a little class. I was just really put off by #2. After playing a great game and his teams scores their 3rd goal against LHS. He does this! I just hope his parents didn't see him or anyone who knows his parents.
Posted By: RosickyRocks Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 01:13 PM
London...I feel your "spell-check" pain, man. I typed "Savitz" and spell-check asked me if I wanted to ignore or replace it (him)......now, what kind of FOOL would ignore AND/OR replace SAVITZ?!?
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 01:17 PM
No man should ever try and replace SAVITZ. Great Man and Great Coach. Thanks and again I am sorry. Please notice I have corrected the word
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 01:19 PM
Do you play For Irmo? If so congrads to you on a well played season. I had the honor of playing against him while I was at Lexington
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 02:04 PM
One last note on the NW game. Who ever said ENZO needs others. lets just say I saw him setting up people all night long. The kid can go one on one or set everything up. I think he will miss Kropp next year but I think he will be OK without him. NW is going to be up there again next year
Posted By: kick_ball Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 02:13 PM
Well regardless of what #2 did or how to spell Savitz I would like to congratulate Lexington on an awesome year. They never gave up, they won and lost with class and are some of the best guys I know! Congrats to NW on a good win and good luck the rest of the way. While I was disappointed with the game NW just came out and played hard from start to finish!!
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 02:20 PM
AMEN.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 02:35 PM
Amen.
Posted By: iamdieselv2 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 03:04 PM
Amen
Posted By: wolfgang Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 03:05 PM
to midland soccer:
why wont u give the nw defenders their due. if my math is correct, lhs scored 0, nada, zippo, nothing, nuff said, but i'll add more: they were limited to 3 shots mostly on set pieces and the nhs keeper was not credited with a save even though he made several nice plays to keep lhs from doing any damage on through balls. who was it again who kept lhs from getting any shots? the key to defense is that it does not start in the back it starts with the forwards and moves back. constant pressure is the best defense known in any sport. nw's backs did what they were coached to do and kept lhs out of the net. what do u want? yes nhs has great forwards and great midfielders and their back line shut down lhs. give them boys some credit.
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 03:19 PM
WOLF
You are correct. LHS did not even test the defense. Every time they got something started it was stopped. NW has a great TEAM. If you play the game you know that everyone plays Defense and Offense. NW deserves all the Credit for this game. Even how hard LHS played they still were no match for NW. I can see how NW could easily be State Champs.
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 05:26 PM
Clima cool read the board then get back to me or just dont say anything at all. WEre you at the game? Cus Stillman rooed number ten. get the facts then talk.
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 05:32 PM
London if you dont want to chance your nine year old seeing something offensive in public the solution is simple. Lock him in your home and keep him safe from the evils of the world. Come on man lets be real here. It was a highschool game with highschool teenagers participating. Some players get caught up in the excitement of the game and make a bad decision. This should not be an overall reflection of their character.
Posted By: kickman Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 05:48 PM
I had fun with the spelling error, but from what I can tell London's point was right on. The type of behavior he described on the field is unaccepatable any time, especially when a team is winning. I hope the player's parents were present and that there were some major consequences--however, if a player is willing to make obscene gestures in a public display, then they probably have not been taught at home the difference between what is appropriate and inappropriate.
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 05:53 PM
Read the post. Make your opinion. I made mine. Not saying he is a bad Kid. Great Player & loved to watch him play. My 9 year old also loved his moves and actually liked him more than Enzo. I myself just wished he would use his head. As far as his character maybe this will be a learning lesson. He is young and still has years to get better. I just think one part of his game that he should work on is his response after they score. As good of a player as he is he should never need to stoop that low. There were 10 other players on that field that were TOP NOTCH players and played a hell of a game. They not once made the freshman mistake. Double stroking himself or milking a cow not really sure what he was trying to do. Just uncalled for. Kissing the jersey (OK), Pointing at the crowd (can live with), Using the choking sign (Could be funny). Playing with yourself on the field…MAN just give them the middle finger. I guess this was my first time every seeing NW and I enjoyed watching them play so much but a team that good does not need any of that stuff on the field. Trust me the Coach of NW would think the same and so would the athletic director. No school ever wants to be remembered that way.
Posted By: Lexcoach Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 06:33 PM
CT305... #10 says he feels good and he wishes NW his best in the upcoming games. He also would like you to know he is very touched at your outpouring of concern over his feelings.
Posted By: ClimaCool® Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 08:05 PM
Quote:

Clima cool read the board then get back to me or just dont say anything at all. WEre you at the game? Cus Stillman rooed number ten. get the facts then talk.

I'm going to take a wild guess here...you're Stillman!
Posted By: Midlandsoccer17 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 08:05 PM
If you read my post I said they played well. What more do you want me to say. Write a two page paper outlining their every move? If you read my comment it was more of a shot on the lack of Lexington attack than anything else. You are right about the defense though. They deserve credit and I was in no way trying to take anything from them.
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 09:00 PM
Im going to take a wild guess and say your an idiot. NW players dont post on the message board. They are told not to by the school and coaching staff and they really dont care to post anything. You obviously enjoy talking about things you have no place saying anything about. Honestly after your last few posts you should probably not post for a while. Seriously man think before you speak. Im tired of hearing from you.
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 09:30 PM
I thought Enzo scored the goal. Was Alex, who I assume is #2 even though that was Enzo's # last year, just celebrating with them and did something stupid? It is tough when everyone on the other team is gunning specifically for you, and when a goal is scored sometimes the wrong emotions cause bad gestures.
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 09:44 PM
Enzo is #19. Alex is #2.
Posted By: ClimaCool® Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 10:10 PM
im pretty sure Enzo is #4 and Stillman...nice post trying to cover yourself up
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/08/07 11:28 PM
Clima Cool who are you? You better watch yourself man I'm tired of you acting like you know everything. Let me just make this known that I am not anyone playing for the team this year.
Posted By: ClimaCool® Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/09/07 01:25 AM
haha dont make threats at people over the message board....have some dignity
Posted By: Midlandsoccer17 Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/09/07 02:05 AM
NW beats Mauldin 10-1. It's 7-0 at half and then the NW subs beat Mauldin 3-1 in the 2nd.
Posted By: welshwizard Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/09/07 03:45 AM
I will be honest, alex does not seem to have a great deal of self control or brains in general. The kid will be great in the future if he can learn to just play the game. However, it is just too easy to get inside his head. All you have to do is pull his hair a little bit and poke some fun at him and he just implodes. Hopefully, he will let his play do the talking for him and not make any future obscene gestures.
Posted By: who_me? Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/09/07 10:27 AM
For what it's worth, I think that most of the small amount of 'showboating' done by NW players was done for the benefit of the Lexington student fans lining the fence along the field. The (student)fans were also a little bit rude at times, calling out to NW players on the field, and I think that the NW players were to some degree responding in kind. With the exception of the one incident mentioned which I didn't see, I don't think it ever got nasty. I don't particularly like it but this 'Cameron Crazy' mentality exists in high school. It was a huge game for NW and I was overall impressed with how well the players from both teams conducted themselves.
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/09/07 11:33 AM
Who_ Me
I am glad that you did not see what happen. It was an embarrassment to the team and school. I know these things happen in high school but it does not mean I think it is acceptable. As far as the LHS students lining the fence, you are correct they also should learn a little respect. Many people on the LHS side said that and some I saw even talked to them. Rules to remember: One you should never talk trash when your team is getting beat, just not smart. Two they also are guest at that school and should represent their school and their families a little better. I guess what I am trying to say is respect the sport & yourself! This is a great game and GESTERS like that make people just look at soccer players as idiots. When in reality as a whole I really thought NW soccer team is fantastic. I will be there again on Saturday, if they win tonight, just to watch them. I am hoping to see #2 represent himself and his school a little better. The kid has all the skill in the world & I am hoping that with some time and the proper teaching he will also learn the respect.
Posted By: kick_ball Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/09/07 02:16 PM
Just a question its not ok for the LHS students to line the fence and cheer their team on even talk trash to the Nw players but it is ok for the NW students to do the exact same thing??? Im not trying to be the "oh he said this about my school so ill say somthing bad about your school" but come on! Everyone complains that soccer does get enough support or fans from the school... and finally it starts to get some student fan support and "arent being respectful".
I disagree with you London_player i think its fine if fans talk to a player of another school....what i dont think should happen is players should never address the crowd.
Posted By: MUnited Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/09/07 02:49 PM
Its good for the game when the opposing team brings a lot of fans up for a playoff game. The atmosphere at Northwestern on Monday was great, and I expect the Trojans to bring their fair share of fans to Mauldin tonight.
Posted By: who_me? Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/09/07 05:42 PM
Players want passion, from each other and their fans, it's not lawn bowling. For a decent number of students to show up and get loud is great, players get jacked up when it happens. Some bad things pop up, but I've been more embarrassed by what some parents have yelled out during games than anything students or players have ever said. We lost (badly) but so long as our team was playing hard they deserved some noise.

RE: Alex' antics. Since his brother doesn't exhibit the same behavior I'm guessing it's simply a maturity thing that his family, coach and brother will educate him on. I doubt you will see much of the same next year. Good luck to NW and we'll be there Saturday to root you on.
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington / Northwestern - 05/09/07 05:46 PM
Kick_Ball
I can see your point but still stick to my own opinion. I would never go to someone’s house and act that way when I was in high school because my parents taught me not to do that. I can understand yelling when you see a bad play but pointing out players then making remarks about them or their families. I just see this as wrong. When I was at LHS and played Soccer there were some big things we knew never to do. Coach K had all of us under a very tight radar and any time we did anything he made sure we knew that he found out. Also he would never want his fans acting that way which I am sure the coach now feels the same way. Please come out and support but don’t insult. What it comes to is that we all play or love this fantastic game. So why insult someone who has the same passion.
© SC Soccer