SC Soccer
Posted By: Hurst66 Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/09/07 11:12 AM
From The Rock Hill Herald

http://www.heraldonline.com/102/story/20952.html
Posted By: yaknodat13 Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/09/07 01:24 PM
maybe its just me... but on this site i see a lot more praise towards Northwestern than i see criticism.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/09/07 02:34 PM
Quote:

maybe its just me... but on this site i see a lot more praise towards Northwestern than i see criticism.

I saw that quote too. I think that the coach is trying the "no repsect" line but I simply don't see it. NW gets a good deal of respect and talk on this board.
Posted By: kick_ball Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/09/07 02:40 PM
I actually think everyone respects NW if they dont their not very smart!
Posted By: kick_ball Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/09/07 02:44 PM
in the Thread lexington/Northwestern 6 people picked NW 5 picked 5 picked lexington... yeah no respect??
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/09/07 03:18 PM
I see nothing wrong with the article..."underdog", "us against the world" has long been used as a psychological boost. If you asked me it worked on Monday night.

If it is an edge then why not. I may not like the outcome but have to respect it.
Posted By: TrojanGrad05 Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/09/07 05:35 PM
" So I stepped on his face" hahah thats great!!!
Posted By: who_me? Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/09/07 05:50 PM
I thought I read in other threads that their coach forbids his team to even look at SCSOCCER.COM?
Posted By: clubdad Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/09/07 09:27 PM
NW is good enough that it shouldn't have to rely on psychological tricks like this to motivate the team.
Posted By: Midlandsoccer17 Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/10/07 02:23 AM
any little advantage helps
Posted By: SC SOCCER10 Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/10/07 02:29 AM
As I have heard the coach doesn't allow their kids to post on the message board. I think the no respect thing is more directed towards quotes from few people on here saying Enzo and Alex Martinez cannot do anything without Kropp and that Benson is not good enough to take over a game. Also, the fact someone said Lexingtion was by far the better team. These are just things to motivate the team, not "us against the world" tactics". This is just my 2 cents so take it for what it is worth which probably isn't much!
Posted By: Darnell Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/10/07 04:14 PM
maybe if they cried about people wanting to beat them alittle more things would be better people talkin trash is part of being number one. i apoligize that the trojans have to endure the soul crushing comments made about them but they're about to win state again so i dont see why they're bringing so much attentionto themselve so late in the season.
Posted By: MUnited Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/10/07 04:25 PM
They're not really bringing that much attention to themselves to be perfectly honest. Trash talking is part of the game, and playing with a chip on your shoulder as a result of that trash talking is also part of the game which is what the Trojans are doing.
Posted By: who_me? Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/10/07 05:56 PM
I think coach Wren may have taken classes at the Lou Holtz School of Media Relations.
Posted By: TrojanGrad05 Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/11/07 12:59 AM
Who_me? I think your just pissed off that they keep winning and it pisses you off!!!!!!
Posted By: ehs1 Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/11/07 01:01 AM
i think somebody else is mad 2
Posted By: Clemson-Trojan305 Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/11/07 01:22 AM
Yeh we are tired of people posting these rediculous posts that are just a bad attempt to talk s###.
Posted By: who_me? Re: Good Cop, Bad Kropp - 05/11/07 08:55 PM
Quote:

Who_me? I think your just pissed off that they keep winning and it pisses you off!!!!!!

It was a joke Trojan.

I've got all the respect in the world for NW, Coach Wren and the entire program. As I said, I will be at Stone rooting for them
© SC Soccer