SC Soccer
Posted By: socitome Make a run for state! - 09/02/07 12:11 AM
Is it to early to start talking up teams for 2008?
Posted By: SoccaPapa1 Re: Make a run for state! - 09/21/07 04:37 PM
we can talk
Posted By: arseanl 210 Re: Make a run for state! - 09/24/07 03:42 AM
I think that Dreher High schools team this year will be able to contend for state in 3A. If is basically a replica team of the 2006 season, but did sebastian valasguez move to east side.
For 4A it will ethier be North western or valley again.
Posted By: The Fan Re: Make a run for state! - 09/24/07 03:55 AM
Chapin anyone???
Posted By: SoccaPapa1 Re: Make a run for state! - 09/25/07 09:41 PM
mr. velasquez is enrolled at Eastside. Chapin.... no chance
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Make a run for state! - 09/25/07 11:31 PM
Quote:

mr. velasquez is enrolled at Eastside. Chapin.... no chance

If that is true then not only will they be the best team in 3A but in the entire state as well. They are really loaded.
Posted By: wolfgang Re: Make a run for state! - 09/26/07 07:54 PM
trojans will be back in state championship again and spring valley will be biggest obstacle in their way. they are still loaded as well and i believe that they will play eastside at northwestern.
Posted By: xxx9 Re: Make a run for state! - 09/27/07 08:58 PM
Eastside at Northwestern should be a dandy. does anyone know of the starters and key players for these teams?
Posted By: The Fan Re: Make a run for state! - 09/28/07 03:16 PM
Midland Valley...they are still undefeated
Posted By: socitome Re: Make a run for state! - 09/29/07 02:43 AM
any love for socastee making a trip back to columbia?
Posted By: xxx9 Re: Make a run for state! - 09/29/07 03:15 AM
sure why not... lowerstate is much weaker, but socastee is quality so they should be fine till the get to Stone Stadium again.
Posted By: arseanl 210 Re: Make a run for state! - 09/29/07 06:16 AM
Lower state is trash the competition there is very low so socastee will probably march to stone stadium unless chapin does something about it but if the do when the get there they will be in another league upper state is just to good..
Posted By: Pep Re: Make a run for state! - 10/01/07 07:07 PM
Quote:

Eastside at Northwestern should be a dandy. does anyone know of the starters and key players for these teams?

Northwestern returns 6 starters and a few key bench players from last year. They also have a player from the DSC premier team attending Northwestern as of now.
Posted By: xxx9 Re: Make a run for state! - 10/01/07 07:39 PM
pep. thanks very interesting... No one knows about Eastside though????
Posted By: who_me? Re: Make a run for state! - 10/03/07 12:25 AM
Lexington has retained a lot of talent and while I don't pick them to win it all I am willing to bet that they will ruin someones day in the playoffs.The 89 club team has been playing too well to ignore them. Also, you can never count Irmo out, if for no other reason than coaching. My guess is that everyone is going to find out how much Kropp contributed every minute he was on the field the past couple years for NW and coaches are going to find a way to contain (somewhat)Enzo this year. What I see is a lot of parity at the top level and a fun season this spring.
Posted By: Pep Re: Make a run for state! - 10/03/07 01:52 AM
Quote:

Lexington has retained a lot of talent and while I don't pick them to win it all I am willing to bet that they will ruin someones day in the playoffs.The 89 club team has been playing too well to ignore them. Also, you can never count Irmo out, if for no other reason than coaching. My guess is that everyone is going to find out how much Kropp contributed every minute he was on the field the past couple years for NW and coaches are going to find a way to contain (somewhat)Enzo this year. What I see is a lot of parity at the top level and a fun season this spring.

I would have to respectfully disagree. Kropp was a hell of a player and contributed a lot while relieving pressure off Enzo, but they still have Alex, who has matured into a better player and they gain a forward from the DSC premier team who is a very, very good player.

It will be a very interesting year!
Posted By: Greenville Red Raider 15 Re: Make a run for state! - 10/08/07 05:28 PM
even though they lost a lot from last season Greenville will upset somebody big this year...
Posted By: sideline24 Re: Make a run for state! - 10/17/07 01:18 AM
Greenville and J.L. Mann in the upstate will be pretty even with some good young players....Eastside will be very good going forward with Sebastian up top, Miguel and Thomas in the midfield make a good combination with some other good supporting players around them, Caleb ross is a solid defender for them, but their problem will be defending set plays with their terrible keepers. Riverside has their whole back line returning, and gaining two senior starters back from their 2006 state championship team that were absent last year. This will be a good matchup for upperstate, and the champion going on to beat the lowerstate scrub as usual.
Posted By: MPSCplayer73 Re: Make a run for state! - 10/17/07 08:15 PM
A lot of lowcountry 4A teams will be returnig numerous starters this year
Posted By: Greenville Red Raider 15 Re: Make a run for state! - 10/20/07 11:38 PM
sebastian isn't playing the spring 2008 season b/c of rules
Posted By: socitome Re: Make a run for state! - 10/22/07 06:33 PM
what rule?
Posted By: dcsoccer Re: Make a run for state! - 10/22/07 08:12 PM
http://www.schsl.org/2007/2007-08%20Constitution.pdf

If Sebastian follows rule 9. A. 1-5, then by SCHSL rules, he will be eligible. He has not moved as of yet and will not be allowed to participate for one school year unless his family has a "...bona fide change of residence..."

Section 9. Transfers
A transfer student will be ineligible for a period of one year at the new school unless he
transfers under one of the circumstances set forth in subsections (A) through (J) below and
only if he meets the following two criteria irrespective of whether he moves under one of the
circumstances set forth in subsections (A) through (J):
1. The student must be eligible to represent the school from which he transferred (see note)
NOTE: A transfer student must have been eligible to represent his former school
academically as well as eligible under any district, school or athletic policy that was in
place when the student transferred.
2. The student must not have participated on an outside team in which a coach or volunteer
coach from the school the student is transferring to coached or had input into the selection
of the outside team. The student would be ineligible in that sport only for one year.
In additional to two requirements set forth above, a student must also transfer under one of
the following circumstances to be immediately eligible.
A. The student and his parents must have a bona fide change of residence from the
attendance area of the former school into the attendance area of the new school. A “bona
fide change of residence” is defined as follows:
1. The move must be with the intent of being permanent.
2. Under no circumstances can a family have two residences for eligibility purposes.
3. The head(s) of the family must make the change.
4. The entire household and furniture must be moved into the new residence, which
was an unoccupied house or apartment.
5. The original residence must be clearly closed as the residence of the family and
must not be used by the family.
NOTE: (Applies to the above mentioned A1 thru A5) When parents are not
separated by court action and when they are residing in different places, the
residence is generally considered the residence formerly used by both parents. It is
difficult to determine intent when residences are of short duration. Therefore,
should the family move out of the attendance area before one calendar year has
passed, the student will be declared ineligible on the date of the move. When there
is doubt, the principal should present all facts to the League Office. The League
Office will decide on each case individually, considering the facts of each case.
6. If a student established residence with a person other than a parent prior to
enrollment in the seventh grade and this residence is not broken, it will be
considered the same as residing with a parent. The student, after entering the
seventh grade, will have a one time move to a biological parent(s) and be given
immediate eligibility.
7. The transfer of school following a “bona fide change of residence” must take place
prior to the beginning of the following school year. If a student transfers at any
other time, he will be ineligible for one calendar year.
NOTE: If because of changes in attendance area lines by the governing board a
student's residence is placed in another attendance area, this will be considered
the same as a bona fide change of address.
8. Emancipated students that transfer will be ineligible for one year.
© SC Soccer