SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/12/02 06:22 PM
Does Greenville really have ANY competition? [Confused]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/13/02 01:56 PM
I want to give Greenville the utmost of respect for what you guys have accomplished but by all means dominant is definetly not the word for you guys. Play some real teams that have winning records. Congrats on your victory against Riverside. Look at your combined score and you will see yall still have a losing record.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/13/02 06:31 PM
We do have a very strong team but we have only played one competitive team so far during the regular season-Riverside. Christ Church, Mann, Wade Hampton and Riverside are all capable of beating us if we do not play well. We need to stay healthy because injuries could be devastating like they were last season. If we play well and qualify for the playoffs, both Daniel and Seneca, as well as Riverside, will all be extremely difficult games. If we can continue to be successful and win State, then we can brag but until then, let us play them one game at a time as hard as we can and take no one for granted.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/13/02 07:17 PM
How can we have a losing record. We are undefeted. And for the past 4 years we have lost like in the regular season like 5 games over the past 4 years. We have had a strong program and it as you see is continuing to become stronger. I just dont know what your talking about us having a losing record.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/13/02 08:57 PM
What r u talking about losing record? Please explain this to me. Dont hate just cuz we are gonna win STATE buddy
Posted By: Cola Fan Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/13/02 11:53 PM
Greenville, good job so far, but what the others have said is true (your schedule has been very weak except for Riverside). Yoru coach ought to get y'all involved in some decent tournaments! Take a look at the Boys' Opponents Win/Loss record this year below:

CLASS 4A BOYS
4. P.M. Dorman, +31
15. Dutch Fork, +25
8. Ridge View, +22
3. Spring Valley, +19
5. Sumter, +17
12. Summerville, +16
1. Irmo, +7
11. Mauldin, +7
9. Aiken, +6
10. Fort Mill, +2
14. Hillcrest, -2
2. James Island, -8
13. Fort Dorchester, -9
6. Hilton Head, -16
7. Wando, -17

CLASS 3A BOYS
10. Brookland-Cayce, +29
4. Riverside, +18
2. D.W. Daniel, +12
6. North Myrtle Beach, +8
3. Seneca, +2
5. Southside, -2
7. Myrtle Beach, -3
1. Greenville, -9
8. Newberry, -17
9. Wade Hampton, -18

CLASS 2A BOYS
3. Waccamaw, +12
7. Walhalla, +10
6. Academic Magnet, +9
10. Wade Hampton, +7
2. Chapin, +3
1. Bishop England, +1
4. Emerald, +1
5. Edisto, -14
8. Pendleton, -14
9. Barnwell, -21

CLASS 1A BOYS
1. Christ Church, +18
5. Denmark-Olar, +21
4. Blackville-Hilda, -2
2. Williston-Elko, -14
3. Buford, -26

SCISA BOYS
1. Porter-Gaud, +22
2. Cardinal Newman, +4
4. Ben Lippen, 0
3. Pinewood Prep, -11
5. Beaufort Academy, -12

It's amazing to me that the teams in the Top 5 or so are also the perennial powerhouses. Just goes to show that a difficult schedule helps you in the end. I think the next time you guys play Riverside you will have your first "L" of the season (just my $0.02 worth)!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/14/02 12:43 PM
how do u get all of these + and - numbers? oh yea i have another question, that big #1 beside our name, what in the world does that mean?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/14/02 12:44 PM
I think if you look at the opponents records on the website, you can add them up to equal the figures shown.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/14/02 02:46 PM
Just a note: Won Lost Records of your opponents is misleading within conferences. Example:

Greenville is 4-0 in conference play.

The other conference teams are 8-12 in conference play (they all lost to Greenville and of course a win by one team is a lost by another).

Since Greenville plays each conference team twice, its conference opp's W L is 16-24 0r -8.

If Greenville went undefeated in conference play, it would be 14-0 and the opp's W-L record -28.

If you went 0-14 your conf. opp's W-L would be +28.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/14/02 09:12 PM
For all the people who seemed confused about the losing record comment i made....go to your schedule and scroll down to the very bottom. There you should see a combined record which adds up the records of all the teams youve played. Your record shows that your schedule is week...Riverside is the only quality opponent.
Anyway 3a sucks this year so being number one doesnt mean much....A team like Irmo would destroy you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/14/02 09:56 PM
Well we are all sorry that the other 3A schools suck so bad but that isnt really our problem nor is it our decision who we play. we just play the teams that are on the schedule. But im pretty sure we would deffinatly give some of the better 4A teams a run.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/15/02 01:19 AM
We've played JL Mann last year in the first round on the State playoffs. I'll give it too them, Greenville teams(all of them) are good. But if any of them stepped up to 4A they would look crappy. For instance, if Sumter High played 3A, they would dominate,including Greenville and other teams. How do i know this?, We played them. I give them their props, but i'm glad to see Dutch Fork and Spring Valley beat them. B/c they are some smack talkin' linkin' loggs. So what i'm sayin' is don't brag unless you are the best in the state at any level. I know LHS want be braggin' but we'll get better. [Razz]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/15/02 04:53 AM
Theres nothin we can do about our schedule. We would love to play 4a teams. We already beat Dorman this year. I guarantee 4a teams would not by any means dominate us. Sumter High???? Who are they.......
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/15/02 05:20 AM
please lhs whoever you are. We have played Greenville and Irmo and there is no way that Irmo would dominate then. I wouldnt doubt it if Greenville could beat Irmo. So dont go talking stuff that you have no clue about. Last years JL Mann couldnt even step on the same field as this years raiders w/out getting double digits scored on 'em. I give GHS props and i would bet money on them going all the way to state. and all of this schedule strength and all of that truly doesnt matter, its all about the big W. GO DHS
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/15/02 08:21 PM
Whoever soccerdhs is he sure doesnt play for dreher, because we have never played Greenville. And considering most teams have only played about 3 region games why the hell are you predicting state already. And as far as the Big W....BC was undefeated in the regular season and then lost to Riverside so dont tell me that is all that matters. If you play easy ass teams of course you will be undefeated. But hey all of you guys can keep talking yourself up, but your just building yourself up for a big let down. Oh, by the way you beat the number one team in the state granted, but BC the number 10 team in the state tied them, so there clearly not the number one quality.....that was just becuase of there previous years perfromances.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/15/02 09:11 PM
DHS= Dorman High School,not Dreher.....why dont you bother to read the previous post before you say something
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/15/02 10:47 PM
Dreher yall suck **** so dont even act like yall are good. #10 shouldnt be able to talk **** because they havent proven anything except that they are 9 teams behind greenville. so just shut ure mouth until yall quit blowin. how bout that
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/15/02 11:16 PM
that message was from someone from dorman. Last years state champion. Thanks for comin though. Yall aint got nothign on us Raiders just bring it. We can talk, becasue as it was once said, "its not braggin if you have done it." Which we have truely shown that we can compete with any team in the state including any 4A team. Were not braging were just stating what we have already proven.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/16/02 12:37 AM
I'll be the first to say that I was glad Greenville beat Riverside and became ranked #1. But if these guys that are posting on here actually play for Greenville and represent how the team actually feels then i'm not happy for you guys. If your whole team is that conceeded, just because you beat Dorman in their second scrimmage of the year and you beat Riverside, then its a shame you represent the best in 3A. I don't doubt that you guys could put up some numbers against my team. But whoever you guys that are posting for Greenville are, you guys are a shame. You think you could actually contend with any team in 4A. Get real. You guys haven't played anyone of that caliber. I know it isn't your fault that your schedule is so easy but to say that you can compete with "any 4A team." is stupid. What about Irmo, James Island, Spring Valley, Sumter, etc... You guys beat a struggling Dorman (in the beginning of the season) and an obviously struggling Riverside team. This year it just seems like Greenville is the only team that wants to be ranked #1. I'm sure you guys have the talent to back up "some" of your talk. But to say you can compete with any 4A team....get real. Disregard everthing i've just said if these guys don't represent the majority of the Greenville team. But usually when you talk alot of smack...it comes back to haunt you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/16/02 02:43 AM
I dunno, I think Greenville is for real and could run with Spring Valley and most others in 4A. They've got quality results against every team theyve played when usually average teams would have at least one let down.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/17/02 04:39 PM
yeah greenville beat dorman, IN THE PRESEASON. that game meant absolutely nothing!!, just a pratice game. dorman had numerous players not playing or not even there for one reason or another. so next time when you're braggin about beating dorman and being able to hang with the big boys know what you're talking about and make sure its a regular season game that really counts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/17/02 04:54 PM
It was also a preseason game for GHS obviously....and the coach had alot of our better players sitting for that game.... if we played again the result would be no different than it was before.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/17/02 06:32 PM
DHS could also stand for daniel high school, so before you get all defensive, you really should be sure it's you they are talking about as previously mentioned...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/17/02 10:03 PM
The soccerdhs player's post was from columbia so i assumed it was DHS not a greenville team. And we hardly suck, but I'm not going to get into all that becuase i know that the first few games of the season mean nothing....becuase if they did BC would be champions right now. Its all about the final game....and id put money that GHS wont win it all.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/17/02 10:52 PM
way to state the obvious JAY. and how can you be so sure that the outcome would be differnt?? not saying that greenville isnt deserving of their #1 ranking but dorman is deffinatly one of the top 3 or 4 teams in 4a and i doubt that ya'll could hang with any of them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/18/02 02:48 AM
Here we go with all the trash talkin back. "oh i'll bet money that GHS wont win state" are you retarded or something. I'll be money that whoever you play for isnt anygood and couldnt hang w/us for more than 5 minutes. I hope we get to play some of yall so bad just so we can prove ourselves. And yall just better hope that yall get lucky and get knocked out before we play yall just so yall dont get embarrased w/that double digit loss. if you keep saying that we arent gonna win then thats just gonna make us play 10X harder than we would. good luck at being in the top 10 dreher
Posted By: mbsocfan Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/18/02 07:26 AM
good grief...bring it down a notch!! I'm just curious, What club teams are represented on Greenville's team and in what numbers?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/18/02 03:46 PM
just face it, greenville is better than you are...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Dominant in 3A? - 03/18/02 07:10 PM
The previous post was probably one of my friends because i didnt write that....sorry
© SC Soccer