SC Soccer
2/4
Airport 3-2 Silver Bluff

2/5
Blythewood 4-1 Clover
Lexington 0-0 Ridge View
Kyle i sent you an email it shows on the Scoreboard that Blythewood lost 1-4 to Clover a careless mistake ?
Quote:

Kyle i sent you an email it shows on the Scoreboard that Blythewood lost 1-4 to Clover a careless mistake ?

That is how it was reported last night via e-mail. Again, another reason just to filter the Scoreboard information through SCSoccer.com at kyle@scsoccer.com -- we'll get it right, thanks!
Porter Gaud 6
Burke 0
Fort Dorchester 1 - Academic Magnet 0
2/7/08
Spring Valley 1-2 Brookland-Cayce
Goals: (SV) #8 29'; (BC) Eduardo Adam 30', Taylor Lewis 56'.
Assists: (SV) Sean Flynn; (BC) Christoph Holzwarth/Brodie Wall, Tim Duzan/Josh Davis.
Shots: (SV) 17; (BC) 7.
Saves: (SV) Frierson 2, Limbaugh 1; (BC) Chris Duzan 8.
Corner Kicks: (SV) 10; (BC) 2.
Offsides: (SV) 2; (BC) 0.
Fouls: (SV) 12; (BC) 11.
Cautions: (SV) 0; (BC) 0.
Ejections: (SV) 0; (BC) 0.
Weather: 50 Degrees, Clear.
Riverside 7
Southside Christian School 0
wow i know scrimmages dont mean much but spring valley losing to brookland cayce?? what happened? supasta where you at?
Posted By: ehs1 Re: Preseason Scrimmage Results - post here ... - 02/08/08 03:10 AM
yea i wanna know what happened on that one?
Supasta is too busy counting his rings. He'll be back soon...
Great Result guys! Keep it up. BC has a quality side this year. Wait and see they will be in the running for AAA.
Kyle, can we get a report on the actual tempo of the game and such?
i was at the game. SV just couldnt score. hits the post for 5times lol
i was at the game
most of the first half was dominated by BC
then during the 2nd half BC's midfield just dissappeared and SV started to have more shots on goal
4+ shots hit the post
it just wasnt SV day
Phenom,

Kyle reported the actual temp of the game......it was 50 degrees.
and 3 starting member didnt play for sv
Haha, I guess I left myself open for that one. I will be more specific next time.
I love all of these underdog wins and ties. At least these teams will have something to talk about while there sitting at home during the playoffs.
Eastside 2
Dorman 0
B-C played well. SV was far more threatening the entire game, but their finishing/last pass was off. Antoine Parris didn't play at all and Flynn didn't play the 2nd half. "Holland" (the exchange student) looks to be a real nice addition (great pace, work rate, and a huge left foot). Bottom line - nice result for B-C, but I'd recommend waiting a bit before writing any obituaries for The Valley.
Quote:

wow i know scrimmages dont mean much but spring valley losing to brookland cayce?? what happened?

While I wasn't at the game I think the 8 saves for BC Keeper Chris Duzan is impressive for his first varsity start. Great work Chris - I think alot of people will know his name by seasons end.
Let the excuses begin….
BC is going to be solid this year. Let me remind you that two years ago this same group of guys won the BC JV tournament and the Irmo tournament. And they beat SV both times to win. BC only lost 3 seniors last year and the exchange students fill these spots very well.
And of course BC’s team had been hit with the flu hard this week. I wonder what the score would have been if they were health …hmmmm..

Good luck to all
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
BAMF
although impressive......hey, its a scrimmage. teams/coaches use scrimmages for many purposes and usually not all that concerned about winning. plus, its soccer and anything can happen as we all know.
Definition # 5 in shutdown's urban dictionary-
5. B.A.M.F.
Brothers Associated Moving Forward, a group of elite and civic-minded multiple-sport athletes from San Diego in the '70s and '80s, participating in professional indoor track events and the Southern California basketball, football and baseball circles.

'In those days, there was everyone else's way.
And then there was the B.A.M.F. way.'

Once again, shutdown successfully baffles the forum with his
urban lingo and a history lesson at the same time.
Thanks shutdown.
Stroker you must have pick that up from the library to know that!!!!
Quote:

I wonder what the score would have been if they were health …hmmmm

I wonder what the score would have been if SV plays with all starting members..hmmm
I think Spring Valley will be the state champioin again once they get their big guns back.
Sammy L.,
Yes, its fo 'shizzle. Check it out......
BAMF - Bad A** Mother****er

It's an inside joke Stroker. The only thing you see inside day to day is a bunch of past-due fines for $0.55 and grandma Ethel knit sweater looking for the latest Harry Potter.
Let the excuses continue....
shutdown,
Grandma Ethel just passed last night. Please have some respect.
Impressive for B.C. Looking forward to watching them work this year.

Let me know when you get the flowers, 4.
GO BEARCATS !
Parris is back? And who else didn't play for SV? Any one know who #8 is, the guy who scored?
what are the odds Byrnes beats NW tonight?
No chance.
that is what I was thinking, 2-1 odds say NW by 5 goals or more
I agree. Northwestern will will win by 5 or more goals.
I wouldn't make too much of the SV BC result considering the players that SV was missing (Antoine and Parker)and coming back from injury (Flynn)as well as the fact that Coach Clark was evaluating players in new positions and giving significant playing time to everyone on the team. He put everyone he had on the bench at the beginning of the game into play with about 25 minutes to play and let them finish.
That said, SV was rusty and BC was pretty sharp for a first scrimmage.
Bunch of goddern MANSIONS up in Spring Vallley.
Quote:

I think Spring Valley will be the state champioin again once they get their big guns back.

Agreed. Look for them to "stick-up" another championship this year.
Quote:

what are the odds Byrnes beats NW tonight?

I predict Byrnes 4 NW 2
CornerFlag, that is a riot, no way... Unless you are the NW coach who would boot the game over a bet.
Just wait until Byrnes unleashes is secret weapon, then NW will have no chance...
are you talking about futbol or football? b/c only in football will byrnes and nw be a good game
Oh... I thought you guys were talking about FOOTball. You mean we are talking about FUTbol? Well heck then, NW 12 Byrnes 1
Blythewood over RNE 2-1
IRMO 2 - GREENWOOD 1
Game consisted of 3 30 minute periods with PK shootout that followed. It was a good preseason game that had its ups and downs. Everyone on both benches played. Great atmosphere and good crowds from both sides.

"Stick up", "Big guns" ohh! You a funny man

Big guns at Plex, but big guns fall down. BC go eat at Vellas.

BYE BYE
Hey! I had 4 stars. Who took my 4 stars?
You bad man. Very bad man
Wow, what the Heck am I missing?
I think SmallSodaMan is referencing a certain discretionary actions of one of the SV players.
The second point is referring to that BC beat SV at the Soccer Plex and SV had their “big guns” at that game. And it is tradition for the BC soccer team to go to Vellas (a small restaurant) after a big win.

Not sure what BYE BYE means
Northwestern at Byrnes - Friday 2/8/08

NW 11 - Byrnes 0

Goals:
Enzo Martinez - 4
Jeremy Dobbins - 3
Alex Martinez - 1
Kevin Ray - 1
Corey Parks - 1
Ricardo Garbanzo - 1
SmallSodaMan is the best name on here since Steak$11.95, or whatever that was.

Well done!
Thomas Sumter Academy- 9
Eau Claire - 0
Quote:

Northwestern at Byrnes - Friday 2/8/08

NW 11 - Byrnes 0

Goals:
Enzo Martinez - 4
Jeremy Dobbins - 3
Alex Martinez - 1
Kevin Ray - 1
Corey Parks - 1
Ricardo Garbanzo - 1

Wow.
Quote:

Oh... I thought you guys were talking about FOOTball. You mean we are talking about FUTbol? Well heck then, NW 12 Byrnes 1

You were very close! Nice call.
Jeremy Dobbins? New kid?
He played JV last year and was moved up for playoffs. He is a quality player with a lot of potential if he keeps his head on straight. He plays in the midfield I believe.
Quote:

Quote:

You were very close! Nice call.

Thankyouverymuch...
2/9/08

JV - Brookland-Cayce 0-2 Lexington
The Cage @ Cayce, SC
Halftime: BC 0-0 L.

V - Brookland-Cayce 0-1 Lexington
The Cage @ Cayce, SC
Halftime: BC 0-1 L.
Goals: (L) Reel Callison 7'.
Assists: (L) #11.
Saves: (BC) Chris Duzan 7; (L) 5.
Shots: (BC) 10; (L) 12.
Corner Kicks: (BC) 4; (L) 3.
Offsides: (BC) 1; (L) 2.
Fouls: (BC) 11; (L) 5.
Cautions: (BC) Eduardo Adam 19', Greg Stone 78'; (L) Andrew Chavarria 43'.
Ejections: (L) Chavarria 43'.
Weather: 70 Degrees, Clear, Windy.
I think its pretty bad when a player is ejected from a scrimmage!
Chavarria's yellow was warranted, but nothing malicious.

I couldn't hear anything specific, but body language indicated he talked himself into the straight red.

Certainly not the way you want to start your season.
I am just glad it was for nothing malicious....but yea not a good way to start a season.
Wando 5 - Myrtle Beach 2
Blythewood 2-1 over RNE

RNE Goal
Manuel Leon

Assist
Thomas Tafel
Blythewood beats RNE i thought RNE is good this year..?
i dont know about good..I'd say decent enough if we can gel, we have eight starting seniors but our coach subbed alot that game to see if we can fill some empty spots and how the backups are...possibly look for RNE to have their first winning season in a while once everything gets rolling
tru tru so.. this is like SV lost to BC..?lol
yea it pretty much is
haha not quite, but i think RNE has the talent to have a decent record...better than the typical RNE
im ready to see RV vs RNE and SV vs RNE and RV
yeah the RNE, RV should be fun to watch
saw the score posting, but any info on the quality of the match between wando/m.beach?
Quote:

I couldn't hear anything specific, but body language indicated he talked himself into the straight red.

He actually fouled my son. It was a foul, but probable did not warrant a yellow. I guess refs need scrimmages too. Not to excuse any verbal expressions at the refs, but I was on the side line pretty close to the play, and didn't hear anything myself.
Quote:

Quote:

He actually fouled my son. It was a foul, but probable did not warrant a yellow. I guess refs need scrimmages too. Not to excuse any verbal expressions at the refs, but I was on the side line pretty close to the play, and didn't hear anything myself.

Wow! Only one word for a post like this -- "class." Very classy -- and kind -- thing to get on here and say. Well done.

I was at a different scrimmage yesterday -- not that close a game but well-played -- it was a non-physical game with only a few fouls -- where one guy was bellowing to the referees about "elbows to the head" and the like (note: wasn't talking about anyone related to me.) You sometimes forget that the vast majority of folks think like you do.

Again -- well done -- hope I can show one tenth the class you just did in these kinds of situations.
these are all pre-season games people I wouldnt tae the results to seriously...the real games are coming soon
Quote:

Quote:

Fair enough. Your vantage point was obviously superior to mine. Perhaps my explanation was a bit more "diplomatic" than "actual" keeping in mind that this is an exhibition for refs as well.

For the record, unless it's a malcious foul - I'd hope for a successful appeal of a preseason red card.
What i hear from Coach Wittig is that Blythewood tried hard to get RNE on there season schedule but it just didnt work out. It would be a good game to watch do note that Adam Wolf(arguebly one of the best in his area) did not play in that game vs RNE.

RNE has alot of speed and potiential this year, i came face to face with it friday as i played Right-Back for pretty much the whole game.
hey sharpeman what # r u??
Anyone know how Fort Mill is supposed to be this year?
Better than blythwood.
thats coming from an smart person you cant even spell "Blythewood" right. i didnt ask for your smart remarks i just wanted to know about there expectations.
wow irmo only beat greenwood 2-1?? and i hear greenwood could of won because the missed a pk and two breakaways ?? are we sure irmo is top 4 material or perhaps greenwood should be higher
this is just preseason game.

Lex0 - RV 0
SV 1- BC 2

PRESEASON
i know the greenwood keepers, and i heard that the starting keeper hurt his leg in football this season, so is he back or is his backup playing?
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would think if you're calling someone out for spelling, perhaps you would check your own grammar, its "their" not "there"
ClimaCool®, Why do you post this?

Ich Spaziergang mit Ihnen, aber ich bin nicht ein von Ihnen.

"I walk with you, but I am not from you."
I will continue to spell it wrong until blythwood earns my respect, because as of right now they are garbage.
AC Flora 3
Ben Lippen 2
Corner Flag talk to me about Byrnes and NW, you said Byrnes would win. Come on, let's talk some junk.
Quote:

A little more accurately..."I walk with you, but I am not one of you."
Quote:

only a true LOST fan will know what its from
Andrew Chavarria ist Gott.
Quote:

Quote:

only a true LOST fan will know what its from

I feel as though I am lost when I watch that show. How many sub-plots can you get?
um im pretty sure that the back up played for greenwood
ok thanks soccer 10
corner flag where are you?
Quote:

Corner Flag talk to me about Byrnes and NW, you said Byrnes would win. Come on, let's talk some junk. As long as Brophy runs his best talent off, they will never compete.

If you took my Byrnes prediction over NW seriously, I'm very sorry for you. I may not be the brightest but in no serious way will I predict Byrnes over NW. You should have looked at my corrected version. Pretty much right on.
I was at the Irmo Greenwood game for all but the first fifteen minutes. Not sure where you get your information from soccer_10 but Greenwood did not have a pk that they missed. As far as the break aways go, there were decent chances that came in the last thirty minutes but lets remember it's pre season. Irmo played everyone and at the time of these chances only about two or three starters were in. I'm sure Greenwood played many different players as well but lets not get ahead of ourselves claiming that one team could have won when it's only pre season. Irmo had their fourth string keeper in for the last fifteen minutes of the game. I thought Greenwood had some good spells of play but overall Irmo was the better team creating a lot more chances as well as keeping possession. I'm looking forward to see how this Irmo team manages to play against Dorman on Friday.
Quote:

Corner Flag talk to me about Byrnes and NW, you said Byrnes would win. Come on, let's talk some junk. As long as Brophy runs his best talent off, they will never compete.

Byrnes has never been a soccer power and I imagine every player is needed, but congrats to Brophy for getting rid of the rot.
does anyone know the Porter Gaud vs. Hanahan game
...you (obviously being an irmo supporter yourself) are dumb because greenwood did miss a pk because my freind patrick hobson # 4 plays for greenwood and he took it and missed it... and your right it is to early to tell but dont get your panties in a twist
Chapin 2
Greenwood 3

Chapin was up 2-0 with about 15 minutes left in regulation and greenwood came back with a 3-0 run ...my sources tell me it was a pretty good game with its ups and downs
Spring Valley VS Summerville

1:1?
Quote:

Chapin 2
Greenwood 3

Chapin was up 2-0 with about 15 minutes left in regulation and greenwood came back with a 3-0 run ...my sources tell me it was a pretty good game with its ups and downs

It was a back and forth game eventhough Chapin had the better possession and controlled the pace. The only scoring opportunity Greenwood had in the 1st half was a PK (off the left post). Chapin had a number of good oportunities in the second half and just couldn't put them away.

With about 15 minutes to play Chapin subbed out about 8 players one of which was the backup to the backup keeper.
After the substitution #19 and #4 for Greenwood had field day in the Chapin defensive 3rd putting away 3 quality goals in under 5 minutes.

JV
Chapin - 4
Greenwood - 0
The PK in dispute for the Irmo/Greenwood game was in the first 30 min period. A foul in the box by the keeper lead to the PK being awarded. The shot was taken and was SAVED by my son the keeper. It was not "missed" by the kicker (just for clarification). The PK's that were taken post game were just practice PK's. In the PK's after the game there were two "Missed" shots by Greenwood. All in all it was a good "Preseason" game. Not much to tell about either team in regards to the final score.
deleted
wow i wish my MOM was as cool as you and had a screenname ...thats sweet how you stick up for your son little jimmy and take pride in a crap, misplaced shot that you "son" happen to dive near....
RNE 2-2 vs. Camden Military

RNE Goals
Manuel Leon
Amir Abdulaziz

RNE Assist
Thomas Tafel
Dreher 3-0 Vs. Ben Lippen
Goals
Byron Quinatoa
Luke Berson
Alex Hill
Byron Quinatoa 3A player of the year
Quote:

Byron Quinatoa 3A player of the year

Little early for this self publicity isn't it Byron?
trust me corner flag i know byron and i seriously dought his name would be Phenomenon Byron dosent talk on these forums he lets his playing do the talking, beside who ever Phenomenon is, he is right Byrons got all the potential to be player of the year hes just plane nasty
King Tut, I don't personally know the situation at Byrnes, but I do know that I have played for Brophy before. During my time playing under him I enjoyed the game of soccer more than under any of my other coaches. Our entire team bought in to how he coached and and ended up having major success. As I said I have no idea what's going on now but I truly doubt that Brophy is the "rot".
Correction.

Camden Military Academy 3
RNE 2

With the refs' permission we did a practice PK shootout and CMA won 4-3 in the first sudden death round. I believe it was good practice for everyone and in keeping with the spirit of preseason play.

Good game by CMA's boys - they're a tough, well-coached group - with a dynamic, exciting goalie.
King butt, you should be lucky to have Borphy at you school, he is a good coach. Yes he is load and demands a lot from you, but grow up and play! If you want to be a better player listen and learn.
Anyone have a score for Summerville and B.E.?
Summerville 2 BE 1
half 1-1

goals
BE Carlin (3rd minute)
SHS Dilday (39th minute)
SHS Barlotta (60th -ish minute)

shots (approx.)
SHS 10 BE 5
on target
SHS 6 BE 4
WET
deleted
Dudes.. Let's stop the "flame wars". I think Tut's remark was in response to someone else's reference to the kids being rot. That type of attitude is contrary to the mission of "helping to grow the sport of youth soccer" which is part of what this board is about.

It's easy to win & look good when your team is stacked. The real qualities of a coach show up when that is not the case. Last season at Byrnes is the worst I can remember in the history of the school's mens soccer program. This season they have more players from the challenge level than ever before. Assuming that is what is necessary (as so many on this board suggest) then this year should be much better.

Let's stay on topic & keep the scores coming in. Preseason results & highlights help build the excitement.
Haha, No I am not Byron, there would be no reason for me to be on this board if I were.
Spring Valley 2-0 over Summerville.
BC 5-1 over White Knoll
Wando 2 Porter Gaud 0
how was the wando-PG game? i know wando won 2-0 but how was the pace, and how did the teams play?
SA 10 Gilbert 0
Mauldin 10
Carolina 0
Quote:

BC 5-1 over White Knoll

JV - White Knoll 3-0 Brookland-Cayce
Halftime: WK 2-0 BC.

V - White Knoll 1-5 Brookland-Cayce
Halftime: WK 1-1 BC.
Goals: (WK) #16 25'. (BC) C. Holzwarth 19', T. Lewis 44', B. Wall 46', E. Adam 53', B. Wall 55'.
Assists: (WK) #17. (BC) C. Pinner 2, E. Adam, B. Boyd, J. Davis, C. Holzwarth, T. Lewis, R. Setzler, T. Weyer.
Shots: (WK) 7; (BC) 18.
Saves: (WK) 9; (BC) C. Duzan 4.
Corner Kicks: (WK) 2; (BC) 8.
Offsides: (WK) 2; (BC) 1.
Fouls: (WK) 4; (BC) 8.
Cautions: (WK) none; (BC) T. Weyer 36', J. Davis 62'.
Ejections: none.
Weather: 52 Degrees @ Start and 41 Degrees @ End. Cold. Windy.
Barnwell 5
Swansea 3
Airport= 11
Eau Claire= 0
Summerville 0 SVHS 2
half 0-2

shots (approx.)
SHS 7 SVHS 10
on target
SHS 3 SVHS 5
COLD, WINDY

Good job SV. Hope to see you later on.
Rock Hill - 15 Buford - 0
Emerald 11
Clinton 1
Fort Dorchester 0 - BE 1

Good game, both teams played hard. Not many dangerous opportunities for either team though, Shots were very limited. Good preseason match-up though, pretty equal play but BE put one in in the second half to take the lead and the game.
Stratford 4, Hanahan 0
RNE 7 Swansea 2

RNE Goals
Amir Abdulaziz 3
Hesham Hiba 2
Adriel Santos
Victor Cuautle

RNE Assists
Thomas Tafel 2
Joey Vallade
William Schooler
Victor Alvarez
West Florence - 2
Governor's School - 0
Northwestern-7
Laurens-0

1st time I have seen NW, they are a solid team. I think they rely a little too much on Enzo, but they have quality in the midfield and the back. He is the only real scoring threat though, and if he goes down I think they will have some problems. Still, they looked pretty good.
Blythewood 0 Fort Mill 1
Irmo 3 vs Dorman 2
any word on SV vs. Aiken?
SV 4 Aiken 2
Southside Christian 2
Southside Christian 2
Hillcrest 1
Christ Church vs Riverside?
Sharpe,

What's your take on Fort Mill?
i heard DutchFork lost to Hammond
Weekend trip to Anderson and Spartanbug.

Friday night
WA 2 T.L. Hanna 3
Very Physiclal game, but that is just what we needed. Had several chances in the second half but could not convert. Hanna is a BIG team they had one kid at stoper that must be at least 6' 4" and 225lbs or more. Huge! Great game and good luck to Hanna and Coach Smith. Thanks for havining us.

Sat at Spartanburg
WA 0 Spartanburg 1
we really came out hard and agian a very physical game. lots of back and forth action with spartanburg only really geting looks on long throws into box, we had about 12 shots to there 3. They got 2 red cards right at the end of game. however they converted on one of the throw-ins and we again could not find the back of the net. Even though we out shot them and had more chances in the second half. Thanks to Coach Hazzard for having us and good luck them with the season.
Blythwood will recover and the 3A championship is all but won if Blythwood continues to comete with top 4A schools
Riverside 4 Christ Church 1
can anyone tell me how the irmo dorman game went
Posted By: ??? Re: Preseason Scrimmage Results - post here ... - 02/17/08 11:04 PM
Eastside 4 Greenwood 0

Eastside was a very good team who enjoyed attacking all night. Greenwood missed 2 breakaways and played a good game defensively. For the last 30 minute period, the 3rd string goalie for Greenwood and their jv team, gave up 2 late goals. Eastside was a very fun team to watch but i feel that Chapin may just be the best team in 3A
irmo came out in the first two minutes and struck quickly with a nasty goal from twenty yards out by jugal dalal. twenty minutes later irmo scored to gain to make it 2-0.

in the second period (three thirty minute periods were used) dormans andrew autenzio was fouled in the box, resulting in a p.k. He scored on his attempt to pull the cavaliers within one.

in the closing minutes of the second period, one of dormans players played a through ball which split irmos defense to a fellow team mate. the team mate then had a one on one with irmos keeper and in a questionable goal, fouled irmos keeper by pushing him to the ground to avoid contact with the keeper. he toe poked the ball past the keeper to make it 2-2.

in the last period with ten minutes to go, one of irmos forwards was the victim of a nasty slide tackle in the box. a penalty was rewarded. freshman emmit lunceford converted, to put irmo up 3-2.

overall, clean match. number five for dorman is ridiculously fast. andrew autenzio displayed some awesome footwork and skill. dormans michael essman anchored the midfield. if dorman can fix some defensive problems, look for them to do some damage in the playoffs.

as for irmo, two starters werent in the game at all due to injuries. possession was 60-40 in favor of irmo. irmo is also four deep at keeper. go figure. at times, irmo looked good. scary good. they have a stellar midfield. their defense is led by senior daniel lynch, commited to USC. and the fire thats lacked the last couple of seasons seems to have returned. the irmo players want another championship for coach phil savitz. the score could have been much worse. if irmo works on finishing, they have to be the upperstate favorite, along with northwestern. having seen lexington play, they honestly are a step down from last year, with irmo improving immensely. i must say though, this is the smallest irmo team ive seen in recent memory. we'll have to see if the lack of size hurts them during the season. there was a HUGE crowd on hand to witness the irmo team play. i was quite surprised at the turnout for a scrimmage.
the first two periods of that game were played with starters, the last one wasnt...irmo's first goal was on a weak kick from a mistake by dormans freshman keeper...the second goal was from a deflection off a dorman defender...true it was a good shot but from easily fixed mistakes...dorman will not be as weak as the scores have been showing this year
Does anyone have any info on Dutch Fork vs Hammond?
Hammond beat Dutch Fork 1-0
Strange!!!
Riverside is my take for 3A. They always have a standout team and they have come short for the past 2 years. i think this year they will have the title.
They won state in 2006.
Yes, i completely forgot about that. then my guess is eastside socastee. Or Chapin? anyone know anything about these teams.. how are they looking i know they have good players.
Wando - 1, Alumni - 0
Good, competitive game. Alumni squad included 5 current college players + Bobby Convey. Fun for everyone.
Quote:

Wando - 1, Alumni - 0
Good, competitive game. Alumni squad included 5 current college players + Bobby Convey. Fun for everyone.

And no pictures?! Shameful!

Congrats on a successful/competitive event!
Mauldin 8
Laurens 1
Convey??? The Bobby Convey??? Wow, very cool!
Quote:

Mauldin 8
Laurens 1

Mauldin 10
Laurens 1

My bad.
Didn't Bobby Convey go to high school in PA? Was the Wando Alumni Game an official scrimmage? I though if the game counted as an actual scrimmage, you could only use actual alumni in the match?

I'm not trying to get anybody in trouble....just looking for clarification of the rules for the future.

Thanks.
From Friday 2/15

Strom Thurmond 2
Barnwell 0
How good is Hammond this year?
Sat. Feb 16

Gaffney- 1
Gaffney Alumni- 9
Blythwood is gonna dominate Hammond.
my prediction:
Blythwood- 7
Hammond- 0
I dont know what your smoking supasta. Hammond will score at least ten and will not give up a goal. I hope you have fun on the bench.
Hammond isnt playing Blythewood this year
I don't know about anyone else but Supasta is definitely getting on my nerves.
Quote:

I don't know about anyone else but Supasta is definitely getting on my nerves.

Just ignore him/her/whatever. The strategy is to make excessive claims about Blythewood and goad other people into doing the dirty work of putting them down. Every response against Blythewood is just what Supasta wants...and and every response against Supasta is just feeding a need for attention.
Ahhh Dr.Chass. I have uncontrollable desire to sleep with BC Soccer ball. What wrong with me?
Supasta, Keep it up!!! Lord Administrator is going clap your monkey A--!!!!
This is a good case why the mods. need to be more involved.
Irmo 6 vs Hammond 0
Heise will put him out of our misery before too long.
Quote:

The Fan, there isn't a lot of time right now for "the mods". Busy time of the year on a lot of different fronts! 'Supasta' has been sent a PM and if anything else occurs it will be dealt with -- thanks! Just be sure to let us know.
Not in any way being critical, but maybe you guys could create more mods to help disperse your work load.
Quote:

I bought some powdered water but I don't know what to add

Shocking!
Rock hill 7
W. Florence 1
was the Rock Hill W. Florence game played at W. Florence's field or Rock Hills?
Christ Church 2
Boiling Springs 0
(1-0 half)
Riverside 1
Dorman 1
good result for Irmo against Hammond, especially after Hammond's upset against Dutch Fork. Irmo seems to be playing pretty impressive attacking soccer. I'm looking forward to how they measure up against Socastee and Westminister in their group of the Lake Murray Challenge.
Anyone know about the Chapin v Lexington?
Seneca 2 - Palmetto 0
Scrimmage at Palmetto - Tuesday, Feb. 19
Anyone know the Chapin V Lexington Final?

I left after the JV match(little one had club practice) I got a call at halftime and was told it was 1-0 Lexington. What was the final?
2-1 lexington in pk's. chapin scored with 2 minutes left against lexington's scrubs with most of there own starters still in the game. 2 solid teams.
Rock Hill 12
Lewisville 1
No other updates yet?
Anyone know about the Beaufort vs Bluffton Game?
Or Fort Dorchester vs Porter Gaud?

2 days til Carolina Classic! Woohoo!
Ridge View 2 Camden Military 3
Quote:

2-1 lexington in pk's. chapin scored with 2 minutes left against lexington's scrubs with most of there own starters still in the game. 2 solid teams.

i guess chapin really wanted to win that scrimmage..i dont understand that..why not let your second string and third string have some experience
Quote:

I disagree. I think they allow discussions to flow and even for kids to be kids. Should a coach or official receive unnecessary abuse or if profanity is used, then I've seen them step in. I've been on other boards where the mods are seen more than the posters and it is not a happy place to be (football season). Not arguing, just appreciating what we've got.

An old Simpson's episode once said "You know God's doing his job when it seems like he's doing nothing at all." Maybe it was futurama...or family guy...either way the job is getting done and quite well I'd say.
Tuesday at AM
AM 3 WA 0
I know it looks bad, and it was, I changed the formation we have been playing to see if we could play more than one. so for 25 min we look bad. second 25 played better but could not recover and last 25 played back ups and subs.
That was our last scrimmage and I am glad I tried it now and not later when it counts!
Spring Valley 7-0 over Ben Lippen.

2 goals for Flynn
2 goals for Parris
2 goals for Czulinski
1 goal for AJ Rogers

Starters played the first half, subs (primarily) in the second.

I have to say a word about Davis Powell (BL center-back). He is one of the very best pure defenders you will ever see. He played with the CUFC U-16 Elite team last year but decided to play Challenge this year. I don't think I have ever seen him beaten one on one. I would love to see him play for the Elite team again. Either way, colleges should be looking at him. He's a great kid, an excellent student, and a better soccer player than I think he realizes.
Quote:

You know God's doing his job when it seems like he's doing nothing at all

W&E that kinda sounds like a good ref.
Wednesday Ridge View VS Camden Military Acadamy

Ridge View-2
CMA-3

RV 2-1 at halftime.
Quote:

Quote:

You know God's doing his job when it seems like he's doing nothing at all

W&E that kinda sounds like a good ref.

You are exactly right.
But we can wait until the season actually starts to start complaining about high school refs.
Haha, we've been 2/2 with good officiating in our scrimmages. Now the alumni game I played in...
I think the percentage of good refs in high school soccer (granted its hard running a 2 man system) is worse that Shaq's free throw percentage. However every once in awhile even he can't miss.
riverside 2
eastside 0
Anymore information on the Riverside/Eastside game
Fort Dorchester 2-Porter Gaud 1
Posted By: CH#7 Re: Preseason Scrimmage Results - post here ... - 02/22/08 06:46 PM
From 2/21:

Barnwell- 2
Heathwood Hall- 1
Reminder to post all scrimmage scores in this thread. This does not include preseason tournaments, which actually count on a team's overall record.
Posted By: Bear Re: Preseason Scrimmage Results - post here ... - 02/25/08 08:55 PM
Played 2-24,
Pinewood Prep - 5
Wando - 3
Airport 4
Barnwell 0
Pinewood over Wando!?!

Do tell, Bear, what's the story here? Wando play a bunch of subs?
Posted By: Bear Re: Preseason Scrimmage Results - post here ... - 02/26/08 05:02 PM
In all fairness to Wando, they were without a couple of key players. One who will be a key for them later is still recovering from knee surgery, and I heard was expected to be practicing with contact again in a couple of weeks. A couple of others were not allowed to play, I heard due to discipline issues. So in a way, yes they were playing with some subs.

That said, I don't know if it would have totally changed the outcome of the game, but there were a couple of goals by PP that were from defensive mistakes on behalf of Wando, and I think one of the missing players is normally a defensive player, and the other is a keeper. Similarly, a couple of Wando's goals were pretty soft also. And before any Wando players/fans react to that, players were allowed to dribble a long way, through the mid field, resulting in goals.

From my perspective, I think PP created more opportunities throughout the match, which is evidenced in the scoreline. I don't think the match was as physical as it would be in a future match, as to date there has been no established rivalry with Wando/PP, as in say a Wando/Summerville, or Wando/BE. But it was a preseason scrimmage, and I think both sides left having learned some things from the match. If they were to meet again later in the year, it would be a good one to watch.

Pinewood is young, and could be subject to some ups and downs this year. But, I think Coaches Birchwood and Phillips will be able to handle that.
2/11
Carolina Forest - 8
Conway - 1

2/21
Carolina Forest - 10
Aynor - 0

Game vs. Andrews for 2/13 was cancelled due to weather, as was the make-up game.
Eau Claire
Orangeburg Prep

Rained out
Woodruff - 1
Landrum - 0
christ church vs eastside?
Bluffton 3 Beaufort 4
Posted By: Rosicky09 MANN - 02/28/08 02:03 PM
J.L. Mann vs. Hillcrest 7-1
Posted By: Predator Re: MANN - 02/28/08 04:04 PM
Anyone know the score of the Myrtle Beach vs. Waccamaw scrimmage last night?
Posted By: socitome Re: MANN - 02/29/08 02:33 AM
Socastee 5 Alumni 2
Posted By: Will Eudy Re: MANN - 02/29/08 02:49 AM
Cardinal Newman 5
Blythewood 0
Posted By: soccer1121 Re: MANN - 02/29/08 02:56 AM
2/26
Christ Church 3
Eastside 3

2/28
Christ Church 0
Mauldin 2
Posted By: bestofthebest Re: MANN - 02/29/08 03:46 AM
South Aiken 2 Dreher 2
Posted By: Edmund Carson Re: MANN - 02/29/08 03:50 AM
2/27
James Island 0
Summerville 3
half 1-0
Shots on goal
SHS 7
JI 3
COLD!

2/28
Summerville 3
Dutch Fork 0
half 2-0
Shots on goal
SHS 7
DFHS 2
cold
Summerville vs Dutch Fork - score could have easily been at least 5-0. Early in the match, Ferro had a one-on-one with the keep that looked to be about 10ft out that he should have simply placed, but instead tried to kill it and missed, and the Ville also had an early pk that went off the post - which everyone then WATCHED before slowly realizing they had another scoring opportunity - maybe the cold was affecting their brains. DF was having a very difficult time keeping up with Ferro - he blew past the last two or three defenders too many times to count. Looks like DF has a very young team overall.

Now, I am not trying to bash the kid or anything, but I did not see the Danny Cates last night that I have been reading about on the boards. He is quick, definitely hustles, and he seemed to be everywhere on the field, but he just did not really stand out to me.

He had one shot that the fans had a great angle on - from the right side of the field - had a fantastic curve to it - but the placement was off. If he can curve a ball like that consistently and consistently put it on target, I see a lot of goals coming from him, but...

Again, not trying to disparage him - just didn't see what all the hype is about - what did I miss?
Posted By: Bear Re: Preseason Scrimmage Results - post here ... - 02/29/08 02:57 PM
In my opinion, you missed a player with enough support around him, with a comparable level of understanding, and pace of play, to be able to really see the player that he is.

Most of the "hype" about him is from club play, where the level of play across the board is generally higher. The HS play just isn't the same.

Positionally, he's playing in the mid field with HS, and the "hype" is generated primarily from a defensive point of view.

With that said, if you're not trying to disparage him, why call him out like this and add fuel to a teenage fire?
Its PRE-season in HS guys! Like other high-level club players, Cates has played at such a high level in club ball, its not easy to get the competitve juices going this early and in a HS scrimmage. Cates will produce when real play begins. But, he must keep his head on straight and just use the skills/abilities he possesses to excel.
I apologize if it came across the wrong way - I didn't really know a better way to ask. Honestly, I figured I was missing something, and knew that someone, if not some people, would point out what it was.

I have seen his name mentioned so many times on the board, I just expected him to blow me away, that's all.

The club vs high school makes sense. If defense is actually his forte, though, it would have been nice to maybe see him playing center back last night, and how different the game might have been with him there against Ferro (and I only mention Ferro specifically because of his speed - didn't mean to omit the other talented Summerville attackers - again, please accept my apologies).
Wade Hampton-G 5 - Palmetto 3
At Wade Hampton, cold - and no officials.

Good game played by both teams. A much better all around game by Palmetto than they played against WH in the tournament. It seemed that WH was better skilled and jumped out early (3-1), but Palmetto was better conditioned and played them "heads up" in the second half (2-2). Both teams subbed a great deal, and let a lot of players play. Good pre-season scrimmage to learn some things about your team and improve.
I have seen Cates play at ODP region camp during the evening pool games. He is a solid player.
I've heard Ed Carson wears good luck charms.
I think its either the good luck charms he wears or his daughters superwoman underwear!
Quote:

I've heard Ed Carson wears good luck charms.

Oh! Do tell!!!
My bad, he eats lucky charms. Me too. I love me lucky charms! How 'bout you Crabb?
Boiling Springs - 0
Greenville - 0

2/28 - scrimmage - pretty even as score suggests.
OK. Take it easy. If I wear any lucky charms it's definitely on the exterior. If I wear anything of my daughter's it's Disney Princess, not Superwoman.
There sure is a lot of buzz about Danny Cates. He must be doing something right if he's talked about all the time on here and he is going to play at a top D-1 school!!!!
There's another thread to talk about Best Players to discuss this!!!!
ED, don't tell them! SHHHH!!
Cates is a very skilled player and can be counted on to take care of the ball. Sometimes the best players are not at all flashy. If I were in goal, I would feel comfortable with him on the back line b/c he's in position, his touch is very good and he rarely makes a mistake.
Wow - is that score correct

Eastside 3
Christ Church 3

Riverside beat CC (though it was only a scrimmage) 4 - 1 and then beat Eastside 2 - 0 in the Byrnes Torunament. It will be interesting to see what happens to Eastside when the rankings come out.
RNE 3 vs. AC Flora 1

RNE Goals
Thomas Tafel
Victor Cuattle
Adriel Santos

RNE Assists
Thomas Tafel
Manuel Leon
Eastside (1) at Northwestern (5)
Goals:
E - 13:01 Michael Teos (sp)
N - 28:43 Rickey Garbanzo from Alex Martinez
N - 31:56 Enzo Martinez from Alex Martinez
N - 65:14 Enzo from Alex
N - 75:45 Alex from Garbanzo
N - 77:04 Garbanzo from Cody Parks

Shots:
NHS 11 - EHS 6
Saves:
NHS 5 - EHS 4
Corners:
NHS 4 - EHS 1
Southside Christian 1
St Josephs 0
On the field

HOw often do you go to see the regional EDP teams play? I havn't found them to be a great showcase of talent, expecially as a team. They don't get to play with each other enough to get really good usually. You can see some individual talent, but I have not been overly impressed with what I have seen as far as team play. Last year I did a Rockford Raptors team versus the U-16 ODP Indiana team (whatever age group that is), and the Raptors, although a good team, crushed the ODP team 5-0. I don't take much out of the ODP camps. I will have to say I have seen some good individual talent come through though. What have your expereinces been?
J.L.Mann Vs. Greenville
Mann won 4-1. 4 goals in the final 17 minutes for Mann.
Fort Mill 4
Cardinal Newman 1

Lexington 4

Myrtle Beach 2 in OT

At Wildcat Hollow
i spoke to Jack and heard that the refs during the Greenville were under training, but even so Mann dominated most the game and Greenvilles lone goal came from a miss clearance? did any watch the game
Yea the first half was mostly dominated by Mann with a couple of chances for Greenville. The second half, Mann came out a little flat and had two missed clearances and number 12 for Greenville had a nice finish. With about twenty minutes left, a questionable slide tackle in the box on a break away for Mann but resulted with no PK. But a put back goal off a long thwo and a PK for a handball put Mann up two to one. Then a header off a throw and a break away finished off the game for Mann.
Overall, It was a exciting and well plyed game to watch.
Not sure if this counts as a pre-season game or not, but...

Carolina Forest - 4
Waccamaw - 3

(Michael Nash Tourney at North Myrtle Beach High School).
dorman 1
greenwood 0

very even match but Dorman had the better percentage of possession
Cardinal Newman 2

Myrtle Beach 1 in PKS CN wins 3-1 in PKS.
anything from the low country rotary?
Lexington- 2

Fort Mill- 1
I heard Fort Mill was up 1-0 with 12 minutes to play.

Good comeback by Lex and a very good performance by FM.
Results from the Rotary Soccer Classic at Blackbaud Stadium:
James Island 0 Berkeley 0
Academic Magnet 1 Bishop England 0
Berkeley 3 Burke 0
Pinewood Prep 5 Stall 0
Summerville 1 Fort Dorchester 1
Porter Gaud 2 Goose Creek 1
Wando 3 Stratford 0
West Ashley 3 Hanahan 0

All matches were 40 minutes.
© SC Soccer