Region II- Dorman
Region III- Northwestern
Region IV-Irmo
Region V- Spring Valley
Region VI- Have seen none of the schools
Region VII- Wando
Region VIII- Summerville
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: 4A region picks - 03/03/08 05:26 PM
I don't disagree with any of that. I think we need to discuss who is going to be second and third in those regions. I think for the most part first place is on lock.
Posted By: Austin Moody Re: 4A region picks - 03/03/08 06:42 PM
Definitely agree with that statement. One region that should be interesting will be Region IV, with Irmo and Lexington. I see the Yellow Jackets pulling it out though for their first Region Championship since 2005.
Posted By: Phenomenon Re: 4A region picks - 03/04/08 02:13 AM
Its a big rivalry (Lexington vs. Irmo) I see them splitting those two games, so it will come down to whoever plays more consistantly throughout the rest of their region games. I.E. Irmo not losing to White Knoll like last year.
Posted By: hollywood Re: 4A region picks - 03/04/08 02:36 AM
I agree, Irmo has definitely been more than inconsistent over the last two years but I think they make up for the last two years of mediocrity with a region championship this year. However they will need better play out of their goalkeeper though from what he showed me in the preseason. He seemed very shaky at times. I think as the season progresses though that he'll become more confident with experience. I know Lexington has a lot of returning players from last year's region championship team yet they lost several key players such as Maki, Brown, and Howard. I think Irmo is the better team and should take the region as long as they stay focused.
Posted By: supasta Re: 4A region picks - 03/04/08 03:10 AM
who is brown? and howard is a senior this year. Lexington lost quite a few players in starting positions from last years squad.
Posted By: hollywood Re: 4A region picks - 03/04/08 05:54 AM
Sorry supasta, wasn't sure of some names that I'm pretty sure I messed up. The kids I was talking about was the kid up top (Kevin?) and the kid who played outside back (Drew Howell?)
Posted By: yoyoyoshi Re: 4A region picks - 03/04/08 05:12 PM
I agree with those predictions.

For region VI, I'm gonna go with West Florence though, simply because they went undefeated in all their conference games last year.

Region VIII is never a sure thing though. No doubt Summerville is a talented squad, but I'm not convinced they will be #1 in the region. Beaufort tied them last year for the region, and Fort Dorchester only lost 2 valuable players from last year. All three teams should be a threat.

Other than that, I agree with all the predictions.
© SC Soccer