SC Soccer
Posted By: FormerBCSoccerDad Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 03:12 AM
Thursday March 20th

7:30 at The Cage.

#3 in 3A vs. #6 in 3A
Posted By: Predator Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 02:11 PM
This will indeed be an interesting match. Both teams have the composure and determination to beat one another, but whoever comes to play will come out on top.
Posted By: HeTakesPictures Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 04:11 PM
This should be a great contest.
This is one of the great soccer 3A Rivalries.
Last year both matches were decided by one point and one of these was in overtime. And the characters in this plot are pretty much the same.
Posted By: WROONY Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 04:35 PM
it will be great game to see.. i will be there

Chapin 3 BC 1
Posted By: HeTakesPictures Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 04:40 PM
You have to go back 5 years to see a point differential of more than 1 point.
The two teams are evenly balanced. Advantage BC Keeper.
BC 2 - Chapin 1
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 05:09 PM
Ahhh! Nepotism, keeper's daddy.

Ohh, let me look! Only one to score more than one goal against BC was BC (Alumni).
Holy crap, you may be right.
Advantage BC - keeper.
BC 2, C 1
Posted By: soccer63 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 05:18 PM
Who's minding the net for Chapin these days? Weinspach or DeMare?
Posted By: Platini 10 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin *DELETED* - 03/19/08 05:24 PM
SmallSodaMan-
Ahhh! Nepotism, keeper's daddy.

Ohh, let me look! Only one to score more than one goal against BC was BC (Alumni).
Holy crap, you may be right.
Advantage BC - keeper.
BC 2, C 1

If you get scored on by Gilbert, Swansea, or Blythewood something is wrong. Not really something to be proud of. But it's going to be a great game I hope BC can pull it out but it's going to be very difficult for many reasons. One, they haven't played a high quality opponent and two Chapin is very good. And the keeper advantage defintely goes to the Senior DeMare from Chapin. He has been playin brilliantly for them.

Hope BC can pull it out!! Go Bearcats!

Posted By: Platini 10 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 05:25 PM
And why is the keeper's father on here talking up his son? Come on now, let your son prove it for himself.
Posted By: scballa Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 05:52 PM
no chance for BC
i say Chapin 3 - BC 0
Posted By: HeTakesPictures Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 06:01 PM
Your right, my bad.
BTW SmallSodaMan - Silence, I kill you!!!

With that said, I watched the Dreher/Chapin game. And being a keeper dad, I know mistakes when I see them.
Of course anyone can have a bad day.
BTW you forgot to mention the SV and Lexington games.
My perdiction remains
BC 2 - Capin 1
Posted By: sancho Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 06:13 PM
Chapin has never scored 3 goals on B.C. and never will.This game will go into overtime Again 1-1.With B.C. on top 2-1.
Posted By: soccer63 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 06:43 PM
I think a lot of people are looking at BC's team from last year and not taking into account the new exchange students from Germany and Brazil. Three really talented players can make a huge difference.
Posted By: Platini 10 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/19/08 07:28 PM
The Spring Valley and Lexington games were SCRIMMAGES not real games. Valley was missing several starters as well. I'm talking real, meaningful games the only quality opponent we have played is South Aiken. (Yes, I still consider myself a Bearcat)
Posted By: wkgod7 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/20/08 12:24 AM
I have a feeling Chapin will come out on top. They seem to rise in big games. 2-0 Chapin over B.C.

B.C. Will have to follow DeMare around up top and put two people on him if they want the game to be closer. He will be a huge threat as always.
Posted By: Austin Moody Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/20/08 12:24 AM
Chapin has the advantage from a skill standpoint. However, I think that the size of the field will cause problems for the Eagles.

Both keepers are good, so that is a moot point, in my opinion.

Prediction: Chapin 2 BC 1 (OT)
Posted By: M. Taylor Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/20/08 03:29 AM
Well Well everyone knows to beat skil you simply brake them. advantage BC.
Posted By: SpacemanSpiff Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/20/08 12:29 PM
id have to disagree with BC's keeper being an advantage. Chapin's keep is solid and really knows how to work the back field. Id say BC's advantage is Eduardo
Posted By: FormerBCSoccerDad Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/20/08 03:47 PM
All I can say is that it will be fun in the stands tonight. Go Bearcats!
Posted By: BOOGIE Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/20/08 04:41 PM
BRING HOME A WIN, EAGLES!!!
Posted By: BOOGIE Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/21/08 02:22 AM
Quote:

Chapin has never scored 3 goals on B.C. and never will.This game will go into overtime Again 1-1.With B.C. on top 2-1.

Chapin 4 BC 1
Posted By: Platini 10 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/21/08 03:06 AM
Well Chapin certainly came to play tonight. Should have actually been 4-0, BC's goal should have been called back because of the foul on the keeper, but boy did that set off the fire for Chapin. I can't really see any teams in 3A stopping them this year. Joey and the latino boy along with several others were absolutely deadly. I don't think BC registered a shot on goal. Player of the match was Joey. Created several goals and scored an absolute wonder goal.
Posted By: FormerBCSoccerDad Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/21/08 03:15 AM
Chapin certainly came to play tonight and was impressive. I believe having 5 games rained out early hurt us. Chapin is certainly a top notch team, as expected. Hopefully, we can give them a better game later in the year. We'll know more after the Palmetto Cup.
Posted By: soccer2103 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 03/23/08 02:55 AM
Chapin is solid from top to bottom, they will beat BC again on their way to state.
Posted By: CescFab4 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/16/08 11:43 PM
Chapin Vs. BC Pt 2 is tomorrow night at Chapin 7:30 determines who wins region.
Posted By: BOOGIE Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/18/08 08:03 PM
Congrats Chapin Eagles on a great run to becoming Back to Back Region IV AAA Champs by beating Brookland Cayce 2-0!!! Now go win State!!!
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/18/08 08:53 PM
Gotta find a way to deal with Socastee!!! I don't think Chapin can deal with the pure speed up top for them!!! Good Luck with that....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Posted By: FormerBCSoccerDad Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 03:18 AM
Congrats to the BC boys for playing hard at Chapin. Chapin has a very talented team. Too bad they resort to cheap shots and run their mouths on the field more than they should. Then again, I've sat next to their "fans" and it's easy to see where it comes from. Thankfully, they are moving out of our region next year.
Posted By: Sharpe Man Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 03:40 AM
Platini i dont see the point of you categorizing Blythewood, Gilbert and Swansea like that its very ignorant of you,and its funny how false the statement was.
Posted By: Platini 10 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 03:45 AM
What I meant was that it wasn't great accomplishment for BC to shut them out like the BC keeper's dad was trying to make it sound like. How is that ignorant? No disrespect intended to those programs at all, just a fact? Maybe you are from one of those programs?
Posted By: Sharpe Man Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 03:46 AM
it looks to me like you were saying that if you get scored on by those teams u suck. and yes i am.
Posted By: HeTakesPictures Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 04:39 AM
Not to take anything away from Chapin, (they are a solid team), but from my view point (I’m walking the line, taking pictures), BC pretty much dominated the game in every aspect except balls in the net (which of course is the most important one). I have a fixed video camera on the BC keeper’s 18 yard box which I take clips from for learning/training purposes. I notice the ball was kept away from the BC side most of the game and in fact I did not keep one clip the whole 2nd half due to there not being one real serious Chapin threat worth reviewing. It also seemed that BC was winning more than their share of 50/50s. That big German kid was a force to be reckoned with.
Chapin’s first goal was a good one, the 2nd highly questionable. However, late in the game the Chapin keeper got caught out of the net, and had to hold a BC player from getting to the ball, which was obvious from the BC side and the line judge. It should have been called.
Chances are pretty good that BC has not seen the last of Chapin this year, and with a little luck and a decent zebra crew, Chapin will have their Region title, but BC will be going to the show.
Posted By: Platini 10 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 02:01 PM
I'm not sure what game you were watching but we didn't not dominate them. They definitely had more of the possession. We never even had a shot on goal or stringed more than one or two passes together, just kicked the crapp out of the ball upfield. Pretty even game though. Right team won. But I am liking the chances of these two teams meeting in the Lowerstate Final. That would be an exciting game. But I will say this, you along with your SCsoccer board mate, BCsoccerdad, need to stop making BC look bad by making stupid excuses for every game we loose! Move on and accept there are very very good teams that can just plain beat us! Good day!
Posted By: wkgod7 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 02:54 PM
I was not even at the game, but heard much about it. I was at the first game that these two teams played and Chapin looked like they were playing against a rec team. Every time the ball even went near the BC team, they kick it as hard as they can and hope for something to happen. Going by that game and the result of the second game Chapin is clearly a way better side. Even if the second goal was counted, Chapin still would have won the match 1-0. I talked to Chapins assistant coach yesterday and he said BC maybe had one shot that even troubled De Mare in the net. Every other shot BC had was either 30-40 yards out being way optimistic and the ball flying high, high over. I also heard of the lack of sportsmanship by Heise and the Bearcats. After almost every play they complained about something because thats the only way they know they can win. Not truly playing the game of soccer. Chapin is a very solid team and so is BC, but the better team took the region title and will be many of peoples picks for the 2008 State title.
Posted By: HeTakesPictures Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 03:35 PM
I may have had my BC goggles on, however according to BC game stats we had more shots on goal (C-5, BC-8), more corner kicks (C-1, BC 3) and according to my video (just the BC 18 yard box) Chapin did not spend much time on our far end of the field. I would like to see how Chapin stat the game and see how they compare.
BTW What excuses did I make that you referring to? The refs were not good in this match. I would assume most fans/coaches from both BC and Chapin would agree to this. I was just pointing this out.
And let me reiterate, I think Chapin is a very solid team. They probable do deserve the Region title. Our boys didn’t come ready to play the first game, and we got killed. I believe we played better than Chapin the 2nd game, but came up short in the goals. However; with a little luck we will meet and possible beat Chapin for the lower-state.
Go BC!
Posted By: BamBam Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 04:23 PM
Quote:

Chapin looked like they were playing against a rec team.

Strange coming from a White Knoll player? After watching y'all play Aiken and South Aiken this year, the only rec team you would be familiar with is WK.

PS - Stop slobbing Joey Demare's knob. It's pathetic.
Posted By: FormerBCSoccerDad Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 04:51 PM
Nowhere in my my comments do I make excuses for losing to Chapin. They are clearly the better team this year. I've been to most BC soccer games the past 6 years and I don't remember any team doing the "extracuricular" things (elbowing, shoving,etc.) that Chapin does. My disappointment the other night is that we came to play and that lousy call put us in a 2-0 hole midway through the 1st half which changed the flow of the game. Chapin's stats were such because they knew being up 2-0 that BC would have a hard time scoring and probably concentrated on defense.

Heise is very passionate about the game and is going to defend the team. He called the team together after the game to tell them to keep their cool. He warned them to not say anything to the refs (or Chapin)and get red carded.
Posted By: FormerBCSoccerDad Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 04:54 PM
"But I will say this, you along with your SCsoccer board mate, BCsoccerdad, need to stop making BC look bad by making stupid excuses for every game we loose!"

Sorry, but it makes BC look bad when you spell "lose" wrong.
Posted By: soccer63 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/19/08 07:01 PM
Quote:

However; with a little luck we will meet and possible beat Chapin for the lower-state.
Go BC!

I would say if you think this is possible the last thing you want to do is give Chapin any billboard material.

Everyone knows a River Rat strikes best under cover of darkness.
Posted By: wkgod7 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 02:11 AM
bam bam... I do not even play for white knoll? The WK are my initials. And i did not even say anything about Joey demare? I talked about him before yes, beacuse he is a very good player. I do believe that he is one of the best players in the state. You may thing different. I did hear that he was kept quite on Thursday and he was very frustrated. Could have just been one of those games that good players have. Bam bam.. I just do not want to be wrongly blamed of being someone that i am not. I am 34 years old and have nothing to do with White knoll. Thanks.
Posted By: supasta Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 02:50 AM
34 and obsessed with a 10th grader?
Posted By: wkgod7 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 03:02 AM
How am I obsessed when I just said he was a good player and one of the best in the state. I happen to be a parent that plays for CUFC Academy team. We see Joey play a lot and I just think he is a very good player. Who ever said I was obsessed?
Posted By: TugJobber Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 01:21 PM
Are you a Catholic Priest as well?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 03:05 PM
Quote:

Congrats to the BC boys for playing hard at Chapin. Chapin has a very talented team. Too bad they resort to cheap shots and run their mouths on the field more than they should. Then again, I've sat next to their "fans" and it's easy to see where it comes from. Thankfully, they are moving out of our region next year.

Wow. Just...wow.
Posted By: wkgod7 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 03:05 PM
Enough!
Posted By: FormerBCSoccerDad Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 04:27 PM
My earlier comments about Chapin were a little harsh. I was caught up in the rivalry and the "heat" of the battle. It didn't help the Chapin JV boys came and sat on our side of the stadium and needled our JV players and fans.
Posted By: Red Star Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 04:28 PM
After perusing the "Show All User's Posts" feature, I have surmised that Platini 10 is probably Joey and Greg Demare's father, posing as a BC fan.

Who else would make so many references to them other than their daddy?

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
Posted By: Platini 10 Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 04:40 PM
Oh how wrong you are!
Posted By: HeTakesPictures Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/20/08 11:36 PM
Quote:

What I meant was that it wasn't great accomplishment for BC to shut them out like the BC keeper's dad was trying to make it sound like. How is that ignorant? No disrespect intended to those programs at all, just a fact? Maybe you are from one of those programs?

That's funny, I don't remember saying anything about a big accomplishment shutting anyone out.
Platini_10 needs to get his fact straight
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/21/08 12:52 AM
Quote:

My earlier comments about Chapin were a little harsh. I was caught up in the rivalry and the "heat" of the battle. It didn't help the Chapin JV boys came and sat on our side of the stadium and needled our JV players and fans.

Man, been caught up in that too many times myself! Soccer makes us do crazy things!!!
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/22/08 12:20 PM
Quote:

Are you a Catholic Priest as well?

I know there is a joke in there somewhere
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: Brookland-Cayce vs. Chapin - 04/22/08 12:28 PM
Quote:

Oh how wrong you are!

Nike Legend might be wrong, but Platini 10 sure act like it.

Be a mann and tell Achmed which side of field you set on last Thursday.
© SC Soccer