SC Soccer
What two teams are the biggest rivals in SCHSL?
Are they good games to watch?
Does the Rivalry impact the importance of the game?
What do you think?
BC vs Chapin has been pretty intense since Chapin moved to 3A. BC vs Dreher has simmered down a little but will kick in next year when Dreher moves back into the region.
I have to agree with BCSoccerDad.
I think you have to go back 5 years to see a bigger than one point differential between these teams.

Should be a great game tonight!
The Wando/BE and Wando/Summerville games are great rivalries. A lot of these kids play together and against each in club soccer. Always intense and could go either way.
Fort D Vs. Summerville is always intense. The fact that it is a rivalry completely changes the tempo of the match. Both teams always come out hard and just like WandoFan said, Fort and Summerville players play club together and have pretty much grown up playing against each other. Very entertaining games.
Greenville vs Riverside is intense with the winner usually advancing to the State Finals. Just like the other rivalries most of the them play club ball together.
I believe that Lex Vs. Irmo is a big time rivalry its always a hard played game between both teams.
Definitely not the biggest rivalry out there, but Carolina Forest and St. James holds a lot of significance in region VI-AAA. MB, NMB, and Socastee are always practically guaranteed playoff spots, so the one remaining berth is fought for between the two. A lot of passionate play, and a lot of rowdy fans. Ejections on and off the field are pretty common. Again, not the biggest, but one that holds a lot of significance for the players and the schools.
Quote:

What two teams are the biggest rivals in SCHSL?
Are they good games to watch?
Does the Rivalry impact the importance of the game?
What do you think?

Well, I'm going to violate the first question because it's not an SCHSL rivalry. However, that said BE/Pinewood has developed into quite a rivalry. 2 of the last 9 matches were decided by 1 goal, the other 7 went to PKs. They are always exciting to watch due to the closeness of play. As for the importance of the game, it's only the rivalry that matters since they are in different leagues.
South Pointe - Nation Ford

Very intense rivalry beteween two Region 3 4A schools. Extremely rich in tradition.
Irmo-Dutch Fork. duh.
Quote:

Very intense rivalry beteween two Region 3 4A schools. Extremely rich in tradition.

What tradition Hurst? Both schools are new.
Pinewood and Porter Guad is a big rivalery. They are small schools, but when PG's team has the skills to keep up with Pinewood's recruiting it can be a very intense game.
Aiken vs South Aiken is always a lesson in close matches and colorful cards presented by men in black. Kind of like going to Bristol.
Northwestern and Spring Valley is building into one i think
Quote:

Quote:

What tradition Hurst? Both schools are new.

Hurst, do I detect a hint of sarcasm???
On the Coast, North Myrtle Beach vs. Socastee vs. Myrtle Beach is definitely the 3A match up. The players, the coaches, and the fans know that whenever these teams play each other, there’s going to be intensity and each game will eventually impact their respective seeding. Over the past 5 years, these games have been decided by a goal or two with plenty of controversy. Whether its controversial calls, unwarranted extra time, player antics, or crowd behavior, the games are worth watching and worth the price of admission.
definatly "the battle of the dam" Irmo vs. Lexington. Always a great game
I agree with soccer_10. Northwestern vs. Spring Valley is definetly turning into a rival game.
Wando Irmo was big when I played...we always seemed to meet in the playoffs with a lot on the line
this is true, Irmo and Wando do not like each other. Always very heated and intense match up between those two.
step into an irmo dutch fork match and then everyone tell me if your mind hasnt changed. for those games, the ENTIRE stadium is packed full of people to watch the matches. think about that.
Spring Valley Northwestern is turning into what Northwestern Irmo was a few years back
No cross town rivalry can be compared it means something different to all who are involved. Being from the midlands, i care more about DF irmo, or SV RV than I do Stratford and Beaufort.

The best rivalries in the state are the ones that get every ones hearts pumping. I think by reading these message boards its clear that what Northwestern and Spring Valley is turning into might very possibly be the best Rivalry here. Its similar to the old RV vs. Irmo, and Chapin vs. BE.
greenville--riverside--eastside triad rivalry easily...recent years have had the best three teams in the state hands down...including this year
Down here in the Low Country have Hilton Head Prep and Hilton Head Christian, also Battery Creek and Beaufort even though Beaufort is better, its always a intense game.
lex-irmo the battle of the dam is really heated especially since lex soccer has been pretty good in recent years
to anyone who hasnt been to a DF v Irmo please go, then you understand the rivarly as being a top one. Always heated with lots of emotion.
Beaufort vs. Hilton Head was always a crazy to witness as well as to play in. but after to schools split up 2 years ago hilton head can't compete with the other schools in the area, let alone in 4a
© SC Soccer