SC Soccer
Please e-mail these to kyle@scsoccer.com to ensure they are posted in an accurate manner on the Scoreboard.
Mon. April 7

Spartanburg 2
Boiling Springs 0
from Beaufort

Beaufort 2 West Ashley 1 in pk's. well played game
J.L Mann 2
Riverside 4

Great Game Tiedd until about 15 Mins to go
Eastside 5
Greer 0
Summerville 2
Bishop England 0
0-0 half
scorers: Bailey, Bowers
Good game. Good luck to BE the rest of the way.
Cardinal Newman 3:1 Brookland-Cayce
Clinton 0 - 1 Blue Ridge

Very physical, well played match. Clinton played the last 50 or so minutes with 10 players due to one of their players receiving a direct red.
Pinewood - 1
Academic Magnet - 4
Whoa, Bear, what happened there? I didn't realize Academic Magnet had a strong soccer presence (but, I don't exactly follow them).

Did Pinewood have an off-night?
Academic Magnet is a well coached team, that executes a game plan. Pinewood was very flat, and got outworked. AM wanted it more, played with more intensity across the board, and took it to Pinewood. Hopefully, a wakeup call for Pinewood.
From Eau Claire

Lakewood- 4
Goals by
1st Half
#11 Aaron Richardson
#16 Kyle Schaare
#5 Jutin Frierson (PK)
2nd Half
#8 Wesley Hardin

Eau Claire- 1
Goals by
1st Half
#13 Ivan Charley
WA 1 BHS 2
PK's 4-5
Another game were we don't put shots on Goal!
Good luck to Beaufort. See you on the 28th.
I'd just like to say that the players and coaches of both Brookland Cayce and Cardinal Newman brought credit to High School soccer last night.They way they handled themselves in what was a hard fought and intense contest was a credit to their schools, their coaches and themselves. Great job!
is their forward still out?
Camden Military 1
Heathwood Hall 0
@ Camden Miilitary
Football Coach, if you were asking about BC, they were without three starters, including 2 of their top 3 point producers. However, Cardinal Newman took it to our defense and was impressive in attacking our goal. Kudos (and good luck)to them. Their entire coaching staff are BC graduates so us BC fans root for CN (except when they are playing against us).
Looks like Kevin did a good job with The C.N. coaching staff.I think C.N. student body has only 325 students.Half of them are girls so only 162 boys to pick a team.Very good job Will Eudy. Thanks for sundays practice.
4/8/08

Brookland-Cayce 3-0 Academic Magnet
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Goals: (BC) Eduardo Adam 46', Adam 52', Robby Setzler 77'.
Assists: (BC) Adam, Rico Jackson.
Shots: BC 12-12 AM.
Saves: (BC) Chris Duzan 8; (AM) Alex Rieflin 6.
Corner Kicks: BC 7-1 AM.
Offsides: BC 2-2 AM.
Fouls: BC 19-7 AM.
Cautions: (AM) Austin Taperman 52', Alex Herlocker 75'.
Officials: Emir Hadziahmetovic, Jason Kent.
Weather: Clear, 68 Degrees.
Halftime: BC 0-0 AM.
Records: BC (9-4-1); AM (8-2).
Blythewood Varsity 7
Camden Varsity 0
Wren 1 @ Greenwood 2

good region matchup that was back and forth ...exciting game to watch
Quote:

is their forward still out?

Yeah, he's been out for the last 7 games (1-6 record without him, were 5-0 with him). They play great soccer, but they are having trouble finishing the ball. I hope they can put it together without him, because I hate it for the team.

He will probably be out the rest of the season.
anyone got word on the Dreher, Flora game?
Irmo 1 at Chapin 0
RNE 4
Dutch Fork 3

RNE Goals
Amir Abdulaziz
Adriel Santos 2
Thomas Tafel(game winner with fifteen seconds left in game)

RNE Assists
Joey Vallade
Manuel Leon 2
Summerville 8
Colleton County 0
AC Flora 1 - Dreher 2

Great game...refs weren't real sharp either way
4/8

Bluffton 11 vs. N. Charleston 0
I had the pleasure of going to the Irmo/Chapin game tonight, and let me say that this was one of the most exciting, intense matches I have witnessed in a while. Both teams played with extreme effort, and the game atmosphere was just fun to be a part of. Anyways for a brief synopsis of the game, from my eyes:

1st Half:
The first half was controlled primarily by Irmo. They did a great job of possessing the ball and created a ton of goal-scoring opportunities; however, they were unable to capitalize. Kyle McEwan had an absolute laser of a shot that must have gone about 8 inches too high. Chapin played solid defensively for the most part, although they did give up too many deep throws and corners. Yet the emotion was there on both sides.
Score at the half: Irmo 0 Chapin 0

2nd Half:
Very different feel to the game in this half. Chapin got their act together and did a very good job of controlling the midfield. They generated a few good chances yet really couldn't get a clean strike on the ball. Irmo's defense played better than I have seen them play all year, by a long shot. Joey DeMare was almost completely neutralized by #3 (Hubbard?). He was on him tight the entire match, really did a good job. The half was very back and forth, emotions running very high, so there were a few cards going back and forth. There was one moment where a brawl almost broke out after Jugal Dalal (Irmo) got seemingly tackled by David Slaughter.
Irmo capitalized finally at the 78' minute mark. On a quick counter attack, McEwan received the ball near midfield, carried it for about ten yards and slid it through to a streaking Taylor Varney. Varney got behind the defense, and touched the ball around Greg DeMare and tucked it in. The rest of the game was basically Irmo holding the ball in the corner trying to run out the clock. A Chapin player, can't remember who at the moment, did receive a red card in the final minute for a pretty malicious tackle.
Final Score: Irmo 1 Chapin 0

Overall, a great rivalry game with tremendous heart and effort displayed by both teams. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
at Stratford
Stratford 8, Goose Creek 0
Goals
Savage 3, White 2, Swanson, Burkett, Kantala
4/8/08

Lexington 4
White Knoll 0
Palmetto 8 - Pendleton 1
Tuesday, April 8 @ Palmetto High School

Goals: Palmetto - #1 Ignacio (3), #14 Roberts (3), #6 Jones, #8 Mahaffey; Pendleton - #18
Assists: Palmetto - #1 Ignacio, #9 Bowman, #17 Beltran, #19 Herrmann

Yellow Card: Pendleton - #18
4/7

Lugoff- Elgin -7
Eau Claire- 0
Spring Valley over Lower Richland 12 (maybe 13) - 0

These are difficult games to watch. SV certainly did what it could to keep the score down. LR played hard the entire game and with a lot of class. There may have been a total of three or four fouls called in the entire game. To not get frustrated and start whacking people is a credit to the players and their coaches. Kudos to LR for getting out there, playing fairly and playing hard. They kept their heads up and should be proud of themselves.
@ Socastee 1
Myrtle Beach 3
Emerald 19
Newberry 0
Quote:

Emerald 19
Newberry 0

ARE YOU SERIOUS????
Thats ridiculous....
Maybe teams should be put in divisions by their win/loss records and distance to one another..Just because a school is not 4A size does not mean they can't year in and out play at that level..Pinewood and B.E. have no problem fielding strong teams..I am sure the players,parents and coaches would appreciate more competitive games and maybe scores like that would be less frequent
thats a great idea
Yea agreed
so now we can relegate schools ala EPL? Cool.
the only problem with that idea is that it cannot be done across the boards. and knowing the high school league, soccer won't get to be special.
why not? Let the cream rise to the top..It might stop some of these silly scores where no one really wins
The SCHSL can't even understand how ties work, how in the world are they going to keep up with an EPL format?? Personally, i think it's an awesome idea, but the MLS doesnt even do it, so by the time we get that, refs will get assessed on every performance...........right, and gas is going back under 2 dollars in the future
divisions should be made up by caliber of teams...not by how many students attend a school..I guess I could by into the size of school if every student came out for soccer..
@ George Watson Field

Cardinal Newman 5
Heathwood Hall 0
Hillcrest 2
@ Boiling Springs 3
Summerville 9
Berkeley 0
6-0 half
make up game from March
Hillcrest Boiling Springs match out of control, refs could not bring it back once it was out of their control. Had to eject one Hillcrest player and card the coach later after his kid shoved a player from the rear. Whistle and cards work better if they are done before the game is out of control. 2 - 3 as High Flyer said.
Darlington 2
@South Florence 4

Great job by the officials. Couple missed calls, some good no calls, but overall they were pretty invisible.
Beaufort 5
Wade Hampton 0
at Lincoln
Stratford 7, Lincoln 1

Stratford
Savage (2), Carvalho (2), White, Arrington, Parsons

Lincoln
Green
Eastside 5
Wren 0

1-0 at half. Hats off to Wren for a good game.
Quote:

Emerald 19
Newberry 0

19-0?
are these kind of scores necessary?
you would think that emerald's coach would use a game like that to let unexperienced players play/work on posession, etc. instead of unnecessarily running the score up
Hammond 3
St Josephs 0
How many goals does Austin Savage have on the year? He is certainly doing well!
Pinewood - 7
Hilton Head Prep - 0
4/9 @ Westside

Pendleton 1
Westside 5

Was a 1-1 game, then 2-1 at the half. Westside pulled away in the 2nd half.
I have him at 37 goals, 8 assists.
Ok thanks coach!
Emerald had to make up for choking out in the Palmetto Cup!!!
Spartanburg 1 @ Greenwood 3
The stats...which could be wrong, said that one player for emerald had 3 goals and everyone else who scored had 2 or less. So maybe they WERE letting the youngsters play and Newberry is just not good at all
Pinewood - 4
Northwood Academy - 0
at Eastside
April 10th

Clinton 0 - 8 Eastside
White Knoll 1 Ridge View 0 Both teams played hard. The officials were horrible.
@ Hilton Head Christian Academy

Ridgeland 0(0)-4(2) HHCA

Game dominated by Eagles, but Ridgeland showed a lot of poise and kept in there throughout the game. Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the season
Post deleted by Kyle Heise
score from 4/9

Hardeeville 5-2 St. Andrews
yes plus Newberry soccer is a disgrace...all they do is talk crap and dont back it up....they dont deserve to be on the field...well done Emerald for waxing them
4/10

Bluffton 2 vs. Hilton Head 1

Bluffton Goals

Eric Harsta 1
David Servin 1
4/10/08

Brookland-Cayce 3-0 Batesburg-Leesville
The Cage @ Cayce, SC
James Island 1 - Orangeburg-Wilkinson 0
Forfeit. They also forfeited to Wando. So I had my AD try to call and see if they were going to forfeit against us. He called and emailed all week and never spoke to anyone or had anyone reply. Last night they just don't show up at JI. Officials are there, teams are there, food is cooked and in the concession stand. No call from them. Nothing.
Palmetto 9 - Ware Shoals 1
Thursday, April 10, 6:00 PM at Ware Shoals

Goals: Palmetto - #1 Ignacio (3), #100 Henderson (2), #6 Jones, #11 Whiten, #17 Bertran, #19 Herrmann
Ware Shoals: #7 (Penalty Kick)

Assists: Palmetto - #14 Roberts, #17 Bertran

Ware Shoals plays on a very small time (old U-10 field) which caused some difficulty to the Palmetto players in the beginning. Too long of crosses, Too hard touches, and Too bunched up to set up offense. Also, Palmetto was down three players due to conflict in Track and Field schedule and the other players did not come ready to play, thinking that Ware Shoals would roll over. Give WS credit, they played hard and were in the match for about 20 minutes of the first half. Add that to an official who seemed intent on helping the lesser team with every whistle he blew (often and always against the favored team), it added up to a half time score of 3-1.

The second half was much different. With subbing younger players who seemed as if they were more than ready to play and play with intensity. And with the now "whistle-happy" official on the opposite end of the field away from the Mustang offense, Palmetto ran away with the match - scoring 6 unanswered goals in the period and winning with a final score of 9-1.

Perhaps this was a wake-up call for the Mustangs in the first half. They certainly can play with anyone as seen in their matches this year, but at times seem to play up or down to their competition when it is not quite as good.

Look for the Mustangs to make some noise in the playoffs this year!
That's about right for O-W. If they're not going to value the sport, then don't offer it.
Greer -0
Riverside-7
There should be some type of punishment rule for a team that just does not show up. Maybe a large fine. I can see having to cancel but to not call at all is just poor sportmanship on their part.
@Socastee- 5
Lincoln- 0
Quote:

That's about right for O-W. If they're not going to value the sport, then don't offer it.

It should be more about professionalism in running an athletics program than about valuing an individual sport, at any rate.
I agree it should be more about professionalism. That is very unprofessional, not to call or respond to calls. That program needs to get a kick in the butt or just drop it period!
Abbeville 5
Crescent 0
Sean Vick lets hear from You
@Darlington 5
Crestwood 0
Ridge View 12 LR 0
Pinewood - 8
Beaufort Academy - 0
Greenwood 7 @ Westside 0
any word on the Wren vs. Tl Hanna game?????
Wren 3-2.

Wren led 3-0 and Hanna made a late run. Hats off to both teams in a hard fought match.
@ WA
WA 4
CCHS 0
Beaufort 5
Battery Creek 0
Beaufort led 2-0 at half on 2 cheap goals. Creek had a couple good chances in first half, but great goaltending by Mozzo, kept them out of goal. Eagle picked up late goals to put game out of reach.
Belton-Honea Path Spring Break Tournament

Clinton 3 - 2 Dixie

Half: Clinton 0 - 2 Dixie
Irmo 2
Lexington 1
Summerville 2
Fort 1
at Berkeley
Stratford 6, Berkeley 0

Savage(4), White, Mayhue
Blythewood Varsity 3
A.C. Flora Varsity 2

BHS pks: 5
ACF pks: 4
sv 3- rne 0
good game 1-0 @ half
Quote:

Emerald 19
Newberry 0

Congrats on the win Emerald, and get 'em next time Newberry.
2-1 Mann over Christ Church in OT
6-2 Chapin over Airport
Thursday: Spring Valley 3 Dreher 1

Friday: Dreher 6 Chester 0
Dillon 4, Marlboro Co. 1 Thursday
Dillon 4, Loris 0 Friday
4/11

Bluffton vs. S. Effingham

(S. Effingham forfeited prior to kick-off.)
S. Effinham did not forfeit prior to kickoff. They called in morning to say they had playoff game and could not make game. Begs to question, why would you schedule a game if there is a chance you may be in PLAYOFFS?
Chapin 2-1 Centennial (GA)
Cecil Woolbright Stadium

Halftime: Chapin 1-0 Centennial
Records: Chapin (12-3); Centennial (8-7).
Rankings: Chapin 3A #3; Centennial 5A #12.
I heard Vick had some hardware?
Posted By: Sean Vick Results from the BHP Soccer Shootout - 04/13/08 12:56 PM
Friday, April 11
Clinton 3 - 2 Dixie
Belton-Honea Path 6 - 2 Carolina

Saturday, April 12
Belton-Honea Path 2 - 0 Clinton
Carolina 2 - 0 Dixie
Clinton 3 - 1 Carolina
Belton-Honea Path ? - ? Dixie

Congrats to BHP for winning the BHP Soccer Shootout.