SC Soccer
Posted By: da_crasie_puma Most under-rated team? - 04/08/08 02:44 AM
There are several teams that have always been at the bottom of the list in terms of their overall record. However, many of them deserve much more credit than is given to them when they come out for a game against an elite team and put up a decent fight. Who do you think is the strongest underdog out there?
Posted By: Greco3 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/08/08 02:51 AM
4A-Dutch Fork
3A-JL Mann
2A- Emerald
1A- Southside Christians
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/08/08 03:16 AM
SCISA - Cardinal Newman
Posted By: Eagle#7 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/08/08 01:53 PM
Beaufort deserves more credit than everybody gives them. Great players that everyone overlooks because of the upperstate talent is better... or so they say.
Posted By: SpacemanSpiff Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/08/08 04:20 PM
Well id agree with the upperstate talent pool being better. No offense but i only see wando and summerville with strong talent in the low country
Posted By: RamRod Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/08/08 04:30 PM
i think summerville is the olny team in the lower state that has a chance of making a run for the championship
Posted By: cherrybomb Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/08/08 06:46 PM
summerville? please... they are good but i wouldnt go that far.. as far as underdogs go i beaufort is underrated. we may have lost early in the season to wondo and summerville but the summerville game was close and wondo was close also untill the last part of the second half. we also beat west ashley.
Posted By: The Real Henry Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/08/08 07:26 PM
I don't think players for the teams should brag about their teams. Of course they are going to have some kind of bias. I am not saying that Beaufort is not underrated, just don't think they are better than Summerville and Wando.
Posted By: AManOfTheCavs#12 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 02:38 AM
I have to say Airport, they don't have an amazing record, but all season they really have stuck with some amazing teams, and given them a run for their money. They really work hard have some great players, and good coaching. Power to them an much luck for the rest of their season.
Posted By: Eagle#7 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 03:52 AM
that is true... wando seem to beat summerville out in talent. beaufort just has the individual talent that gets that team along. with wando and summerville it's basically the whole team that distributes the ball well and finish as a whole.
Posted By: ARichardsonSC Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 03:59 AM
Richland Northeast
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 11:17 AM
Academic Magnet should do very well in Class 1A this year. Very solid side.

Thanks to coaches Troy Bennage and Jason Hamil for bringing the Raptors to The Cage Tuesday night for a match! Good luck.
Posted By: SC Soccer Star Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 01:32 PM
Myrtle Beach. After Beating SOcastee last night 3-1 @ Socastee, they proved they are one of the teams to beat in the lower state. This region with MB, Soc and NMB will be a very interesting one.
Posted By: AManOfTheCavs#12 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 03:15 PM
Quote:

Richland Northeast

Thanks
Posted By: WROONY Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 03:40 PM
bur RNE lost to RV 2-0.... i think RV is better team and under-rated..??
Posted By: celtic23bhoy Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 04:23 PM
RV's record does not accurately rate their level of play. They have 5 freshman on varsity and 3 that start. They took #15 Dutch Fork into sudden death pk's but would have won if it weren't for a pk near the end of the second half. They also held spring valley 2-0 for the first 62 mins of the game and held chapin 0-0 in first half before a keeper change. They also held #6 lexington 0-0 pre-season. But they do have some games that you just look at the score and think how bad do you have to suck. Losing to Straford 8-0 in pre-season tournament and losing to Blythewood in the tournament. They also lost to A.C Flora 3-0. Sounds more like mental and physical breakdowns. They need to get into better shape and want to win. It's all about self-discipline
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 04:38 PM
Am i wrong, or is it Rooney?
Posted By: da_crasie_puma Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 06:18 PM
i agree with you on airport. they have a talented midfield with pack lucas and know how to play 2 touch soccer. they would be great if they could hold it together in the last quarter of the game.
Posted By: AManOfTheCavs#12 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 08:41 PM
Pack is a great player I had to mark him. RV is better than their record shows. And don't worry im not one to harp on my teams accomplishments everyones got an opinion.
Posted By: ??? Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 11:10 PM
Airport is terrible...the topic is under-rated teams and the topic is implying teams that actually have a chance at winning state. Airport = No chance
Posted By: The Real Henry Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/09/08 11:49 PM
No ??? the topic DOES NOT imply teams that actually have a chance at winning state. If you would read the original poster's post, he stated which teams play well and put up decent fights against the higher caliber teams.

Airport doesn't have a chance, you are right but they have played well against some pretty good teams.
Posted By: Iamlegend Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/10/08 01:22 AM
Actually anybody has a chance once playoffs comes because its what teams comes out to play and finished strong. Its not how you start its how you finish. Airport plays well to the talent of their competition. Other then not showing up against Norman North in the pc and whatever happened at ST they have had decent showing and has not gotten blown out by a team from SC. SV 3-0 in Pc which the last two goals were score in the late in the second half like with less than 10 minutes. Chapin and CN3-1 Emarld 0-0 RNE 0-0 Lost in pks WK 2-1 ST 2-2 lost in pk BC 2-1 double overtime. Look at the scores all close.
Posted By: The Real Henry Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/10/08 01:29 AM
I don't believe anybody has a chance once playoffs come. Sure you may get the occasional first round upset but having to beat quality teams game after game can be difficult. Airport is a good team that plays with a lot of heart but do you, realistically, think they have a shot at the state championship?
Posted By: AManOfTheCavs#12 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/10/08 01:45 AM
Nah I dont believe anybody was nominating them for the state championship, just stating that people don't acknowledge how good they are and they pay the price. I believe this discussion is trying to bring up the teams that should get more respect than they receive.
Posted By: burnrate20 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/10/08 02:00 AM
I agree with henry, but honestly Airport has lost to BC, White Knoll and tied RNE. They are decent but not close to under-rated. My vote would go to Dreher. They have stayed with most of the high caliber competition they have played, with the exception of Irmo(5-2).
Posted By: WROONY Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/10/08 04:13 AM
Quote:

Am i wrong, or is it Rooney?

yes its rooney.. but spelled wrong.. sorry lol
Posted By: TheRookie Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/10/08 01:08 PM
Its funny to me that two of the teams mentioned were/is coached by Hornsby. One team has played club for most of their lives, and the other is just now starting to play club in 10th and 11th grade.

Not trying to say anything bad about Coach Hornsby, but it seemed that Semi-pro football, tennis, softball, PMS football, having kids play in the ADULT LEAGUE!!!! got in the way of one of the teams improvement.

And no, I'm not bitter.
Posted By: RamRod Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/10/08 06:15 PM
i would still have to say summerville has the olny chance in the lower state if they are able to learn how to finish they will have a pretty good shot at winning it all
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/10/08 06:28 PM
The way spring valley is playing right now I don't think anyone has a chance at winning lower state.
Posted By: cofcsoccer697 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/11/08 04:04 PM
Quote:

i would still have to say summerville has the olny chance in the lower state if they are able to learn how to finish they will have a pretty good shot at winning it all

ramrod- what about wando for lowerstate?
Posted By: RamRod Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/12/08 02:47 PM
did summerville not outplay wando when they met the first time?
Posted By: cofcsoccer697 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/12/08 03:44 PM
were u at that game? wando was playing a freshman keeper who had only played in 2 other varsity games and since has been put back down on the jv squad. Their sr goalkeeper michael flato is back and so is their main midfielder raplh lundy..its too bad summerville only got to play wando once during the regular season to see wandos ture potential
Posted By: RamRod Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/12/08 09:39 PM
two players do not make a team, i will admit that lundy is good but flato is not as good as he is made out to be
Posted By: soccer2103 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/14/08 01:26 AM
Airport is an extremely young team. They usually start 6 sophomores, 2 juniors, 3 seniors. Only 5 total seniors on this team. Underrated? Maybe, maybe not depending on how you look at it. Extremely competitive, definitely.
Posted By: AHSCoach Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/14/08 12:07 PM
We actually start 3 seniors, 6 sophomores, 1 junior and 1 freshman when everyone is healthy. Next year, we will only have 2 seniors. I don't know about all this underrated talk, but we definitely have a tough schedule. We were in, some might argue, to be the toughest bracket in the Palmetto Cup. I don't know if we would have faired better in another bracket, but one of our starters being injured in the Spring Valley match put a damper on things.
Posted By: ??? Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/14/08 02:24 PM
Dorman and Greenwood both deserve a mention for 4A considering they are both in the top ten and greenwood hasnt dropped a game yet
Posted By: sickwithit Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/14/08 03:26 PM
RamRod your an idot if you dont think Flato is good..hes only goin to play division 1 soccer next year no big deal
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/14/08 04:34 PM
Quote:

two players do not make a team, i will admit that lundy is good but flato is not as good as he is made out to be

actually it is possible that two players can make that large a difference especially when they are of the caliber of ralph jr and Flato, whom I'm assuming is good since he is going D-1 where is he going by chance?, having an inexperienced keeper is at this level. And if you look at a lot of teams, they do poorly when they are missing a key mid fielder.

I don't know the score of the game, but in a close game, I would stretch as far as a 3 goal win for Summerville, the addition of these two players could make a huge impact and push Wando over the top for a win. But if it was a 6 or 7 goal win for Summerville then I don't think Wando has a chance.
Posted By: cofcsoccer697 Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/14/08 05:02 PM
the score was 3-2 summerville. and flato has committed to college of charleston..and yeah i still think it would have been another story if wando had all its starters
Posted By: Coach J Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/14/08 05:26 PM
Without question if Wando had Flato in goal they have a chance to win that game. Lundy in the midfield would make a big diff as well. It will all play out soon. They both can make a run in the playoffs. It is almost that time.
Posted By: sickwithit Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/15/08 12:42 PM
well said Coach J
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/15/08 01:03 PM
Achmed have question.
Why is "???" avatar always picking his nose?
Posted By: Chris Rolfe Re: Most under-rated team? - 04/15/08 02:35 PM
I know I'm going to get berated for this but I believe Stratford is by far one of the more under-rated teams in this state. Here's some reasons why:

-They are the only 10+ win team that is unranked in 4A.
-They have two players ranked in the points standings, one of which is the leader, Austin Savage.
-Discounting Fort Dorchester, they haven't lost to any 4A schools by more than one goal.
-Finally, this season they have beaten ranked Aiken (11) and West Ashley (12).

Yet, they get put down on here all the time. But what do I know? I guess we'll see if they have what it takes this Thursday when they play Wando.
Posted By: Eagle#7 Re: Most under-rated team? - 01/22/09 02:38 PM
question? what phobia is your screename associated with?
© SC Soccer