SC Soccer
Please e-mail these to kyle@scsoccer.com to ensure they are posted in an accurate manner on the Scoreboard.
Blythewood 4
Camden 0

Scorers:
Posada 1
J.Wolf 1
A.Wolf 2
@ Greer
Clinton 2 - 6 Greer
Regulation:
SV-1
NW-1

Overtime no one scored. Final in pk's:
SV-2 (4)
NW-1 (3)

NW keeper blocked two but was called for being off his line for one of them.
who scored in regulation??
Walhalla 4 Palmetto 0

Great game both teams played well. Walhalla wins their Skyline Conference. They still have a rough week they play Christ Church Wed and South Side Christian Thurs.
Ricardo Garbanzo scored for Northwestern and I believe Michael Czulinski(sp?) scored for Spring Valley.
South Aiken 4 North Augusta 0
@ Barnwell Stadium

Barnwell 9(3)-0(0) Ridgeland

Ridgeland came out like they didn't want to play and the score reflects the attitude some of the kids displayed. Great job by Barnwell touching the ball and capitalizing. Best of luck to them the rest of the season and playoffs
@ George Watson Field--Columbia, SC

Cardinal Newman 12
Augusta Christian 1
Any result on Aiken vs BC ?
@ Hagood Stadium--Aiken, SC

Brookland-Cayce 1
Aiken 0
Blue Ridge=0
Riverside=6
Eastside 6
WHHS (G) 0
WADE HAMPTON 4 EDISTO 3
@ Wilson 5
Darlington 0
Quote:

Walhalla 4 Palmetto 0

Great game both teams played well. Walhalla wins their Skyline Conference. They still have a rough week they play Christ Church Wed and South Side Christian Thurs.

Walhalla 4 - Palmetto 0

This was a very good game in the first half. Both teams played well and the match competitive. Give Walhalla their just rewards - they are a very talented and well coached team. They made the adjustments they needed to make at halftime and completely controlled the second half. Coach Estes is a classy guy and will not say it, but they won going away. On this night, they were the clear better team.

I wish them well in playoffs and maybe we will see each other again for Upper State championship.
4/21 @ Abbeville

Pendleton 0
Abbeville 4

Don't know how to explain it. After two of the best performances against AA top 10 teams we laid an egg last night. Missing our starting sweeper we gave up two goals in the first 8 minutes and played with lackluster effort all night long. #24 in the back for Abbeville is remarkably fast and nullified multiple breakaways in the second half while #10 up top netted the hat trick in the first half. Abbeville outhustled, outworked, and desired it more.
Greenville - 0
Daniel - 1
Emerald defeats Ninety-Six 6-1.
Brookland-Cayce 8:0 Strom Thurmond
@ Orangeburg

Orangeburg Prep 0
Cardinal Newman 3
In Branchville 4/22

Blackville-Hilda 2
Branchville 1

pk's
Blackville-Hilda 2
Branchville 1
4/22
Blythewood 4
L-E 3

Very bad refs thats all i got to say a good amount of yellows were given.
Clover 2 @ South Pointe 4
Good game by Daniel last night i was wondering why they skipped from non-ranked to 10th quality win guys keep it up.
Fort Mill 3
Nation Ford 2
@ York HS

Northwestern 6
York 0
Dreher A.C. Flora game should be a good one tommorow night
Irmo 5 vs White Knoll 1
@ St. James
Socastee 6
St. James 2 (both on pk)
Fort Dorchester 2 - West Ashley 0
Greenwood 2 - Wren 1

Good match. Greenwood wins region. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
Airport 3
RNE 1

RNE Goal
Thomas Tafel
RNE Assist
Adriels Santos
intense game, we got a red card in the first few minutes and played down a man the whole game but my props to Aiport they came out to play
Great Job Airport way to not give up after unlucky season results! I guarentee theres a lot of talent on that team right now cant way to see there chemistry next year.
4/21
Rock Hill 6
Clover 2

4/22
Rock Hill 2
Lancaster 1
Lexington 4 Aiken 1. Game was scoreless at halftime.
Rock Hill only beat Lancaster 2-1?
Summerville 5
Battery Creek 1
2-0 half
SHS goals: Barlotta, Lobbestael, Bowers(2), Gonzalez
I've got to give it to the BC boys. These guys gave everything the entire game and never gave up. Keep it up.
What happened at the end of the RNE vs Airport game? Heard their was some pushing and shoving going on?
4/22 @ Pendleton

Southside Christian 3
Pendleton 0

Half-time score was 1-0 but SCS came out and scored 52 seconds into the second half to take a commanding 2-0 lead. Few scoring opportunities for Pendleton and those that were there tended to sail wide or hit legs and deflect for corners. SCS is a very talented team, upperstate finals for 1A might be a real interesting game.
yeah there was a scuffle after the game im not sure what happened
Hammond 4
Heathwood 3

PK Shootout
The red card was given to an RNE defender for use of inappropriate language during the first 10 minutes of the game. In the last few minutes of the game there was a little pushing/holding during the game between an Airport forward and RNE defender after the play. The ref saw it and yellow carded both players.

Post game the Airport player (from what I was told) called the RNE player's number and was going to shake his hand and tell him basically, "Good game. No hard feelings." The RNE player thought it was going to be something derogatory and took a swing at the Airport player. Thus the confrontation began. The Airport players immediately grabbed the Airport forward and I believe the RNE players grabbed their guy.

People can make what they want of it, but I've seen the Airport player that was yellow carded play on numerous occasions and he has always had a good attitude on and off the field. I believe he did intend to tell the RNE player, "Good game," but because the cards had recently been thrown in the last few minutes, it was probably not the time to single him out.
4/22

Bluffton 7 vs. Timberland 0

Goals:

Harsta-2
Servin-2
Gallejo
Velez
(Own goal by Timberland)
Beaufort 5, Colleton County 0 on 4/22 in Beaufort.
4/22

@Woodruff 5
Broome 0

I've seen Woodruff play some in the past. Normally I've seen a kick and run team that played with little heart. When I watched the game last night I was impressed with how well they distribute they ball. They played incredible soccer, and tore Broome to shreds. I'm not sure who the new coach is, but good job so far and good luck in the play-offs.
4/21

Boiling Springs 1
@Byrnes 3
In Columbia 4/23

Blackville-Hilda 1
Columbia 0
Ben Lippen 5

RNE 1

Congratulations to Ben Lippen.
Dagburnit!

Looks like Dreher has wrapped up the Region 3-3A Championship with thier 3-0 win over A.C. Flora tonight. They win the overall tiebreak with Blythewood due to a first game whomping of the bengals. It's Blythewoods last year in 3A valiant effort guys.
Quote:

Dagburnit!

Looks like Dreher has wrapped up the Region 3-3A Championship with thier 3-0 win over Dreher tonight.

It must be a cloned team of Dreher. must've been pretty amusing playing against yourself.
haha my bad A.C. Flora
haha... just had to do it sharpe man
Heathwood Hall 6
Orangeburg Prep 1
@ Heathwood
Walhalla 0 Christ Church 2

Christ Church played a excellent game the win is well deserved. Walhalla has a lot to still work-on.
4/22 @ Goose Creek

GC 6
Berkeley 1

2/23 @ Berkeley

Battery Creek 4
Berkeley 2
4/21
Pinewood - 2
Beaufort Academy - 1

That's what I've been told, but I don't know for sure.

4/23
Pinewood - 10
Hilton Head Prep - 1
Spring Valley 5 Ridge View 0
However, the score does not tell the whole story. Very intense game. Although short on some talent, Ridge View plays with alot of heart. Ridge View played a tremendous game with 3 freshman and 5 sophmores starting. Spring Valley is a good team. Good Luck in the playoffs!!!
4/22 at James Island
Stratford - 3
James Island - 2
in OT - very close and exciting game !!
To both teams - Thank You
Palmetto 6 - Westside 2
Wednesday, April 23 at Westside

Goals: Palmetto - #1 F. Ignacio (5), #9 T. Bowman
Assists: Palmetto - #1 F. Ignacio, #4 J. Davenport, #14 M. Roberts, #17 M. Beltran, #100 A. Henderson

Good rebound from a tough loss earlier in the week by Palmetto. They played hard, overmatched Westside, and put it away quickly. Nice to see there was no letdown.
Dutch Fork-4
Dorman-3

Half-Dutch Fork-2
Dorman-0
Quote:

However, the score does not tell the whole story. Very intense game. Although short on some talent, Ridge View plays with alot of heart. Ridge View played a tremendous game with 3 freshman and 5 sophmores starting. Spring Valley is a good team. Good Luck in the playoffs!!!

Fantastic game. I really enjoy watchin valley play. They play with such speed and control and it seems like they work for each other.

Half: SV 4-0 RV
Final: SV 5-0 RV
goals: 2 Thomas Wollersheim(sp?) Holland
2 Shawn Flynn
1 Zack Houten(sp?)
1 blocked pk by Michael Czulinski
Thursday, April 24th
@ Clinton
Wade Hampton (G) 7 - 0 Clinton
Fort Mill 7
Lancaster 1
Blythewood Varsity 3
Sumter varsity 0

Goals:
Sharpe(2)
Posada(1)

Half - 3-0

Second half was a posession game for us.
@ Northwestern

Northwestern 6
Nation Ford 0
Pinewood - 4
Bishop England - 0
Walhalla 0 Southside Christian 4

Great night for SSC they played really well. Walhalla had some good play but was never close to finish nay of it.
Eastside was beating Riverside 3-1 with 3 mins to play.

Well played by both sides with Eastside finishing their chances and Riverside not.
Irmo over Lexington
0-0 in regulation,
no score in OT
Irmo wins in PK's
@ Edisto Field

Edisto 3(0)-5(3) Ridgeland

First half was completely dominated by Ridgeland, and second half Edisto came out on fire and put up a great fight. Enrique had a hat-trick for the Jags, and good luck to the Cougars the rest of the season and in the playoffs.
Summerville 6
Colleton County 0
5-0 at half
Goals Bowers(3) Bailey(2) Lobbestael
Dillon 7, Aynor 2
South Aiken 3 White Knoll 0
JL Mann 5
Blue Ridge 1
4-1 at half.
wade hampton 0 beaufort 6
4/25

Bluffton 12 vs. N. Charelston 0
4/24/08

Brookland-Cayce 2-0 Airport
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Half: BC 2-0 A.
Goals: (BC) Eduardo Adam 19', 25'.
Assists: (BC) Christoph Holzwarth, Jose Guzman.
Shots: BC 13-2 A.
Saves: (BC) Chris Duzan 2; (A) Tyler Newton 6, Taylor Fulton 2.
Corner Kicks: BC 5-3 A.
Offsides: BC 1-1 A.
Fouls: BC 13-8 A.
Cautions: (BC) Adam 38', Chris Pinner 61', Holzwarth 75', Adam Keller 79'; (A) Clayton Goette 38', Griff Sims 44'.
Officials: (R) Jeremy Wills; (AR) Sean Gundry; (AR) Emir H.
Weather: 77 Degrees; Clear.
Records: BC (14-5-1, 6-2 Region 4-3A); A (4-13-1, 3-5 Region 4-3A).
Next Match: BC vs. Rock Hill (4/30); Airport's regular season complete.
In overtime

Silver Bluff 1 (pk)
Barnwell 0
Lincoln lost to Porter-Gaud last night 10-3. However, one highlight for Lincoln was a 50+yard goal from midfield by Preston Myers in the upper left 90 on a restart after one of PG's goals. The first one of those I have seen in high school!
Barnwell and Silver Bluff played a great game last night. I wish them the best of luck through the playoffs.

After the game, the coach from Barnwell came over to the Silver Bluff team to congratulate them on winning region for the first time in school history. As a coach, I have been trying to model and teach my team about character and being leaders. I appreciate Coach Anastasia's remarks, and I know the players will benefit and continue to develop as players and young men due to these sorts of things.
Hey Coach Holt congrats on winning region!! I didnt know this was the school's first ever. Great job that you've done up there and you have a heck of a team, and cant wait to see you guys next week!! Congrats
Northwestern-11
Clover-0

Ricardo Garbanzo- 4 goals
Enzo Martinez- 3 goals
Robbie Benson- 1 goal
Cody Parks- 1 goal
Uriel Lozano- 1 goal
Jeremy Dobbins- 1 goal
South Pointe 1
Rock Hill 0
Cardinal Newman 4

Ben Lippen 1
Aiken 3
N. Augusta 0
Fort Dorchester 5 - Battery Creek 0
Congratulations to Pinewood on beating Bishop England. This decisive victory might just be the proof that this young Pinewood team is for real. With a win on Tuesday against Hilton head Christian, a team that they beat easily by four goals earlier this season, they will have clinched their region. It seems they are en route for a fifth straight championship.
Any update on CC vs Academic Magnet?
AM 2
CC 1
From the Greenville News:
Southside 4, Carolina 2

Goals: Jiminez (S) 3, Ayala (S), Santamaria (C), Ramon (C). Assists: Jiminez, Ayala, Webb (S), Ramon. Records: Southside 10-2 (8-0).

From Yesterday:
Southside Christian 7 Woodruff 0
Wren 8 - Laurens 1
AC Flora-3 Lugoff Elgin-2
Did I read correctly today that Goose Creek BEAT Stratford in a shootout? Or was that girls?
at Goose Creek
Goose Creek 2, Stratford 1 (PK's)

Congrats to the Gators on the win!
At Chapin

Chapin 2
Waccamaw 1

A hard fought and physical match by both teams. Chapin had the advantage in the first half and Waccamaw had the opportunities in the second. Waccamaw got everything they needed from the game to help prepare them for their playoffs however, the Warriors did sustain some key injuries and I hope they will recover in a short time. The Chapin Seniors (On Senior Day) played very well and will be a physical force to contend with in their playoff run.

Good Luck to both teams....
Where was Savage?
Chapin will make a serious run at state this year.
Quote:

Quote:

Fantastic game. I really enjoy watchin valley play. They play with such speed and control and it seems like they work for each other.

2 Shawn Flynn
1 Zack Houten(sp?)

Czulinksi blocked a pk? i didn't know he played keeper
Quote:

Lincoln lost to Porter-Gaud last night 10-3. However, one highlight for Lincoln was a 50+yard goal from midfield by Preston Myers in the upper left 90 on a restart after one of PG's goals. The first one of those I have seen in high school!

Aaron Mayes did it for blythewood two years ago against RNE. Skyler Reardon did it for Aiken a couple years ago. it was dropped back to him after a kick off. he hit it first time on a rope from about 65 out
Fort Mill 2
Rock Hill 1

Continuation of game that had been called earlier in season due to lightning at 65' with score tied at 1-1.
Fort Mill is 11-5-0, second in Region 3 4A, with two wins over #13 South Pointe......

......and the Yellow Jackets are not ranked in the Top 15?
Friday, April 25th @ Carolina Academy

Pendleton 2
Carolina Academy 0

Game was tied 0-0 at the half, Pendleton Junior Barton Roll netted 2 in the second half. A badly needed win for Pendleton's program. We've been playing well against stiff competition as of late (minus Monday's match against Abbeville where we played ghastly), really needed a W to reward our efforts.
Quote:

Fort Mill is 11-5-0, second in Region 3 4A, with two wins over #13 South Pointe......

......and the Yellow Jackets are not ranked in the Top 15?

there just cruising under the radar. They finished the Rock Hill game very nicely. seemed like they were the only ones that came to play.

its going to be interesting to see how SP, FM, and RH do in the first round of the playoffs.
Appears a case could be made for both Spartanburg (two wins over Mauldin) and Fort Mill. Guess it all will start to fall in place next week.
Quote:

Quote:

Aaron Mayes did it for blythewood two years ago against RNE. Skyler Reardon did it for Aiken a couple years ago. it was dropped back to him after a kick off. he hit it first time on a rope from about 65 out [/quote
Goose from South Aiken scored of a punt 5 or 6 years ago against north augusta
yeah not to good with the quote thing
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

2 Shawn Flynn
1 Zack Houten(sp?)

Czulinksi blocked a pk? i didn't know he played keeper

sorry worded it wrong. PK taken by Czulinski blocked by keeper Justen Braddock. It was a very frustrating game for Czulinski. He had many opportunities but couldn't get it in the back of the net. RV did a great job of defending. Just have several breakdowns in the beginning of the first half but found their rythm and played a great game
© SC Soccer