SC Soccer
Posted By: cid0000 New Regions - 06/17/08 12:46 AM
for next year mix things up. When will they post what regions play each other in the first round of the tournament next year???
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: New Regions - 06/17/08 01:27 AM
Don't know, but while looking, I did see that the start of high school soccer season( along with all spring sports) has been pushed back...first contest is listed as March 9 on the '08-'09 sports calendar (back from March 3 this year) and playoff qualifying isn't until May 11-12 (May 12 was girls semi-finals this year).

Interesting how it seems the season keeps getting pushed later...
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: New Regions - 06/17/08 10:43 AM
Makes sense to push it back a little. Most students are in school until June, right now the state final is played with three or four weeks remaining in the school year.

Why should tryouts/practice begin the third week of January, when winter sports (basketball) are barely half way through their game schedule?

I like the idea of starting a little later. Let the weather warm up a little.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: New Regions - 06/17/08 02:35 PM
Not sure it will make that much difference for students coming off of basketball; still only 2 days between basketball finals and the first contest of spring sports, just like this year. I don't mind waiting for some spring weather, though--although it's not as much of an issue down here in Charleston--the downside is playing the late-season games in the HEAT!
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: New Regions - 06/17/08 02:40 PM
I tell you what will make a difference in SC...

With Club regionals starting earlier and HS soccer finishing later it will become a problem (it already is to a lesser extent) for those players needing to train for regionals. HS ball is not enough training..
© SC Soccer