SC High School Soccer Scoreboard
http://216.27.84.134/findhighschoolsc09/
Eastside 7
WHG 0

Eastside takes region.
At Berkeley:

Berkeley 2
Cane Bay 0

Game was called almost immediately after the half due to lightning.
Greenville 1
J.L. Mann 0

Ali Lewis scored with 90 seconds left in double overtime.
Woodmont 1
Daniel 0
Danile with maybe 75% of the possession. Gave up one breakaway goal when a defender slipped and fell.
DWD's run of bad results continues.
Congrats to Woodmont. Their strategy of playing 8 plus the keeper in the penalty area paid off.
Daniel v Walhalla, Tuesday, May 5 Cancelled
because Walhalla has to play a region playoff game to decide first place.
Mauldin 3
Hillcrest 0
Blue Ridge Women's Varsity 5, Chapman 0
Quote:

Greenville 1
J.L. Mann 0

Coach Raimond: BIG win! Nice finish for the Lady Raiders!
Nation Ford 4
Gaffney 1
Quote:

Quote:

Greenville 1
J.L. Mann 0

Coach Raimond: BIG win! Nice finish for the Lady Raiders!

Thank you Coach,
We will no longer kick off unless it pours, ha. Just trying to peak at the right time and proving your predictions right next week. Thanks for your spiritual support.
Spring Valley - Rock Hill score?

How many does Ridge View need to score tomorrow night?
Great win, coach!

Quote:

Greenville 1
J.L. Mann 0

From the State Newspaper:

Spring Valley 3, Lancaster 0

At Lancaster

Scoring: Molly Davis (SV) 2, McKenzie Cone (SV). Goalies: Amy Kolowsky (SV), Sam Frierson (SV), Katie Duke (L). Recs: SV 10-6-3. Source: Spring Valley.

tk
Spring Valley 1
Rock Hill 0
Overtime PK's 3-1

According to RH coach, RH loses tiebreaker to Lancaster. Tie Breaker is W-L schedule, tournament games don't count. Lancaster benefits from not playing any 4A schools outside region schedule. RH no credit for Manchester tournament championship.

Great effort put forth by both teams. RH put it all on the field and deserved a better outcome.

Don't know the facts but feel all coaches should be notified by Region officials of tiebreaker rules prior to start of season. Very difficult to find them anywhere.

RH was playing based on goals against in region play.
Now that is tough. Great fight by the Rock Hill girls. You are correct, tie-breaker needs to be made clear to all coaches?

I'm glad to see that this didn't come down to goals scored or goal differential, which would have encouraged big scores in one-sided matches.

Was the Spring Valley coach aware of the tie breaker situation? Did he know before the match that he didn't need to maximize goals in order to win a first place tie breaker over Ridge View?
On May 1, Hobo posted tiebreakers for Region IV-AAAA here: http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.p...true#Post119540

Are these not correct? Because if they are, Rock Hill should win the tiebreaker at step 2.2 - "If still tied from above, the team that gives up fewest points in all region games shall be seeded higher." By my calculations Lancaster gave up 24 goals in region games while Rock Hill gave up 20.
Northwestern 4
Andrew Jackson 1
Quote:

Greenville 1
J.L. Mann 0

BIG Win!!! Well done, Coach!!! Ali Lewis is an exceptional player - who plays for an exceptional coach!!!
Quote:

Spring Valley 1
Rock Hill 0
Overtime PK's 3-1

Sorry for the bad information about the score-- goes to figure The State would have it wrong.

My bad... and Thanks for the correction!

tk
Stump, which score was wrong?

Spring Valley 3-0 Lancaster
or
Spring Valley 1-0 Rock Hill (PKs)
Stump, which score was wrong?

Spring Valley 3-0 Lancaster
or
Spring Valley 1-0 Rock Hill (PKs)

Both of these scores are correct. There was no error.
I guess it is me that is wrong.......

My AD was needing the score of the Valley- Rock Hill game so he could try and figure the standings and I had not heard back from Steve at the time so I went to the paper on line and pulled off the first Valley score I saw--- didn't catch that it was LANCASTER and not Rock Hill.

The State was correct- they just had not updated their scoreboard page and I pulled the Lancaster score thinking that it was the Rock Hill score from the night before.

Guess I should now post something like "Just like Coach King to go flying off at the handle and make false statements about a game."

Sorry guys and gals!

tk
Quote:

On May 1, Hobo posted tiebreakers for Region IV-AAAA here: http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.p...true#Post119540
Are these not correct?

Anyone know if these are the correct tie breakers? If not, what are the correct ones?
From the Greenville News: Riverside girls 7, Greer 0
Barnwell vs. Silver Bluff canceled due to poor field conditions...will not be rescheduled.
Ditto, but will be rescheduled for tomorrow.
OW forfeited to White Knoll
Blue Ridge Women's Soccer 4, Greer 0.
Christ Church 0
Woodruff 2
Spartanburg 2
Dorman 0
On Senior Night

DF 6 Aiken 1
At Fort Mill: Senior Night (AKA Sara Borer Night)

Fort Mill 6
Gaffney 0

Goals: Sarah Bird (2), Taylor Parker, Whitney Becker, Becca Tooley, Kayla Hirsch
Assists: Becker, Tooley

The girls fed Sara numerous balls in the match. She got 8 shots but just couldn't connect, except on the one time she was called offsides. She still beamed, though. Gotta love High School soccer
Rock Hill 2
Northwestern 1

Rock Hill beat Northwestern in PK's. It was a great, hard fought battle by both teams.
Did either of these teams (RH & NW) make the play-offs?

Both are involved in tie breakers.
5/5
Shannon Forest- 8
Berea High- 0

Nothing but Top Class at Berea. Despite not having the greatest skill, their players never quit on a ball and kept playing very hard to the final whistle. The girls were just having fun being out there. We had about a 35 min delay before the game due to a thunderstorm and everyone there from Coaches, Trainers, Ballpeople, and Athletic Personnel made us feel right at home and made sure we had everything we needed. Good Luck to Berea in the future and hopefully those girls will stick with it and continue to improve.
Lexington - 1
North Augusta - 0
Congratulations to the White Knoll Lady Timberwolves who are now assured of their first playoff birth in seven years! In 2002, the Lady T-wolves, in their second season of varsity play, advanced to the third round of the AAA playoffs before losing to eventual champions, Dreher.
Anyone know the score of these games scheduled for tonight?

Beaufort vs Fort Dorchester
Colleton County vs West Ashley
Coach P,

Is it possible that White Knoll could face Dutch Fork in the first round of the 4A state play-offs?
Quote:

Coach P,

Is it possible that White Knoll could face Dutch Fork in the first round of the 4A state play-offs?

No. N Augusta will be the 5th seed from Region V-AAAA and, therefore, could possibly face Dutch Fork in the first round. The winner of Lexington vs White Knoll will be the 3rd seed and the loser will be the 4th seed.

Even if N Augusta finishes 8-6 by beating Aiken on Thurs, both Lexington and White Knoll have the head-to-head tiebreaker over N Augusta.

If Aiken beats N Augusta, they will be tied for 5th place at 7-7, but N Augusta has the in-region tiebreaker over Aiken by virtue of their wins against Dutch Fork and Irmo.
At Berkeley:

Berkeley 2
Stratford 2

Stratford 4-1 Berkeley in PK's.

Congratulations to Coach Peter Heusinger and the Stratford Lady Knights, who are having their best season in my memory; it was a great match, and we are proud to have played toe to toe with a fine team!
Quote:

Anyone know the score of these games scheduled for tonight?

Beaufort vs Fort Dorchester
Colleton County vs West Ashley

From the Post & Courier:

WEST ASHLEY 13, COLLETON COUNTY 0

Goals: Coleman 3, Ferguson 3, Dizon 2, Motsinger 2, Hunt, Weaver, Crawford. Shutout: Williams, Byrd, Mintz. Records: WA 12-4, 7-1; CC 5-10, 0-7. Next: Colleton County at Beaufort Thursday; West Ashley at Stratford Thursday.
Quote:

If Aiken beats N Augusta, they will be tied for 5th place at 7-7, but N Augusta has the in-region tiebreaker over Aiken by virtue of their wins against Dutch Fork and Irmo.

Oops, I missed something on the Region V-AAAA Tiebreaker System:

"**If two teams are tied for the last play-off spot and split the season series, then the two teams involved will play a play-in game with the winner getting the last spot."

So, I assume this means that, if Aiken beats N Augusta on Thursday, the two will have to play a play-in game for the 5th seed. So Aiken is not out yet.
I don't follow your logic here. Region V teams have their own tie-break system and would not follow Region VIII rules. That is the confusing thing for us all this time of year. No two regions have the same system of tie-breaks.

Quote:

Quote:

Oops, I missed something on the Region VIII-AAAA Tiebreaker System:

"**If two teams are tied for the last play-off spot and split the season series, then the two teams involved will play a play-in game with the winner getting the last spot."

So, I assume this means that, if Aiken beats N Augusta on Thursday, the two will have to play a play-in game for the 5th seed. So Aiken is not out yet.

Correct. As I understand it CJ, the AD's decide in each region how the tiebreakers will work. There really is no way someone in another region should or would know how a tiebreaker would work outside their region. Might help to quit playing Oprah and "guessing" or "wondering".

A knowledgeable expert from each region should post the standings with an explanation of the tiebreakers and results for their region. That would allow everyone to plan for next week's playoff games and keep the knowledge real.

I am now going back to my mid morning nap, thank you.
SCISA Playoff
Porter Gaud 0 @ Cardinal Newman 4
Sorry. Typo on my part. My post should have said "Region V-AAAA Tiebreaker System." I have edited and corrected it now. You are correct, I have no knowledge of the Region VIII-AAAA Tiebreaker System.

Here is the Region V-AAAA Tiebreaker System:

REGION V AAAA TIE BREAKER SYSTEM

1ST Tie Breaker Head to Head
If more than two teams are tied, then the record of the teams tied against the other teams involved in the tie will determine the order of finish. If head to head does not decide the order, and then proceed to the next step.
2nd Tie Breaker Points within the region
The following point value will be used in assigning points for a win in the region.

1st Place – 8 points
2nd Place – 7 points
3rd Place – 6 points
4th Place – 5 points
5th Place – 4 points
6th Place – 3 points
7th Place – 2 points
8th Place – 1 point

If two or more teams are tied for a region position, each team will be acknowledged as that particular seed when the point system is being used.

3rd Tie Breaker Points
The following point values will be used in assigning points for wins outside of the region.

AAAA Win – 4 points
AAAA Loss – 3 points
AAA Win – 3 points
AAA Loss – 2 points
AA Win – 2 points
AA Loss – 1 point
A Win – 1 point
A Loss – 0 points

4th Tie Breaker Winning percentage of non-region games
Does not include tournament games.

5th Tie Breaker Coin Toss

**If two teams are tied for the last play-off spot and split the season series, then the two teams involved will play a play-in game with the winner getting the last spot.
Quote:

A knowledgeable expert from each region should post the standings with an explanation of the tiebreakers and results for their region. That would allow everyone to plan for next week's playoff games and keep the knowledge real.

I wouldn't call myself a "knowledgeable expert", but I'm pretty familiar with Region V-AAAA and here are the current standings through last night's games:

Region V-AAAA Standings (5/05/09)
1. Dutch Fork 12-1-0
2. Irmo 9-3-0
3T. Lexington 8-5-0
3T. White Knoll 8-5-0
5. North Augusta 7-6-0
6. Aiken 6-7-0
7. Richland Northeast 0-11-0 *
8. Orangeburg-Wilkinson 0-12-0 *

* I don't know the results of the RNE vs OW match that was scheduled for April 14, but it should have little bearing on the playoff seedings at this point.

Remaining games:

Wednesday May 6, 2009
Irmo vs Richland Northeast

Thursday May 7, 2009
Aiken vs North Augusta
Irmo vs Dutch Fork
Lexington vs White Knoll
Orangeburg-Wilkinson vs Richland Northeast
Did S. Aiken and Swansea play last night? Anyone know the outcome?
@ Beaufort 2
Fort Dorchester 0

G JV game cancelled.
Coach P - you are definitely a knowledgeable expert. What I meant by that is that there is a written (hopefully) explanation in each region of the tiebreakers, etc. Sometimes (hopefully) that explanation is given to the soccer coach. Often (hopefully) it is easy to understand or at least you can get to a logical answer at the end of it.

Big thing is to share information until we get it right and then recognize it as right.
Could someone please post the Region III-AA scores for all of Newberry and Strom Thurmond's games. They are 0-2 and 0-4 on the scoreboard and I'm sure they've played more games than that. These scores will be helpful when the seeding meeting takes place on Friday with regard to strength of schedule, etc. Thanks to anyone that can help!
Region 1-AAA

Woodmont 7-2-0 (game remaining v Pickens)
Daniel 6-4-0
BHP 6-4-0
Pickens 4-5-0 (game remaining v Woodmont)
Seneca 4-6-0
West Oak 2-8-0

First tie breaker is head to head, putting Daniel in 2nd by virtue of beating BHP twice.
Byrnes 6 Boiling Springs 1
Region 1AAAA

1. TLH
2. Wren

Greenwood and Westside have clinched playoff spots but have a big game tonight (if they get it in with the t-storms) to determine 3rd and 4th seed.

First tiebreaker is head-to-head (advantage Greenwood) and second tiebreaker is goals against in region. Right now they are tied at 20 goals allowed each.

Sooo, tonight's game has become winner-take-all!

Good luck to both teams who are fighting to keep away from the orange and brown juggernaut in the first round.
All right, Dormansoccer. what are your tiebreaks with Spartanburg? You hold a 2 goal differential lead on Sparkle head to head but does that help you in the event of a tie?
Quote:

All right, Dormansoccer. what are your tiebreaks with Spartanburg? You hold a 2 goal differential lead on Sparkle head to head but does that help you in the event of a tie?

CJ,
I believe you are correct, that would give Dorman the edge.
Quote:

Quote:

CJ,

We have Hillcrest on Thursday, no reason to look at a tie breaker at this point!
I don't think this is the 1st tie-breaker for Region II.

In 2006, Mauldin and Dorman both went 9-1 in the region, and Mauldin held a 2-1 head to head goals against advantage. BUT, Dorman won the region on a tie-breaker! At the end of the regular season in 2006, Dorman was 16-3, 9-1 in the region, 7-2 in non-region games. Mauldin was 20-3, 9-1 in the region, and 11-2 in non-region games at the end of the regular season.

Someone needs to check, but the 1st tie-breaker was NOT head to head goals against in 2006 and I doubt it has changed.
I realize that you still have a tough game with Hillcrest before you can tie Spartanburg, but we really just want to know what your tie-breaks are in region II just in case you get there.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

CJ,

We have Hillcrest on Thursday, no reason to look at a tie breaker at this point!

Region 2 4A Tiebreaker form 08-09 manual:

If teams split regular season meetings then point system for wins within region opponents. Point system is moot as both lost to each other and Mauldin twice equaling same point value.

Next is Goals allowed in Head to Head contests.

Next would be Goals allowed in Region Contests.
In 2006, Dorman and Mauldin were both 9-1 in the region. They both lost to each other which would have made the point system moot apparantly.

But then in goals allowed head to head, Mauldin allowed 1 and Dorman allowed 2, and DORMAN was the Region II champion???

I'm still lost!
Different by-laws then. I remember when total regular season wins were part of criteria. Now they are not.
Currently

Region II-AAAA Record - GF/GA
Dorman 6-3 20-8
Spartanburg 7-3 26-12

Fewest GA would go to Dorman unless they lose to Hillcrest.

In 2006,
Dorman 9-1 24-6
Mauldin 9-1 31-4

Mauldin won the head to head GA - 2-1.
Mauldin won the fewest Goals allowed in Region - 4-6.
Dorman still won the Region, though.

Has the tie-breaker changed, or am I missing something?
Quote:

Currently

Dorman 6-3 20-8
Spartanburg 7-3 26-12

Fewest GA would go to Dorman unless they lose to Hillcrest.

In 2006,
Dorman 9-1 24-6
Mauldin 9-1 31-4

Mauldin won the head to head GA - 2-1.
Mauldin won the fewest Goals allowed in Region - 4-6.
Dorman still won the Region, though.

Has the tie-breaker changed, or am I missing something?

In May of 2009 Region II changed its by-laws regarding tie-breakers due to input from coaches and Athletic Directors in the Region. Prior to 2009 it was out of region record that decided the tie braker. Some coaches thought that was unfair due to the variation of strength of scheduling among Region Teams. Some teams would play a strong out of region schedule and some would lighten the schedule for out of region matches. So the Region decided to adopt the current format.
Christ Church vs Southside Christian Region tiebreaker game postponed to Thursday at SCS at 5pm.
DormanSoccer & Celtic9,

I applaud you for actually creating a "soccer-specific" tie-breaker within your region.

How in the world did you get this sanctioned/approved within the last five days?
Greenville JV and Varsity @ Boiling Springs postponed to tomorrow 5/7.
Quote:

DormanSoccer & Celtic9,

I applaud you for actually creating a "soccer-specific" tie-breaker within your region.

How in the world did you get this sanctioned/approved within the last five days?

Here at the University of Dorman we can get anything approved in 5 days. We are working now on getting some bailout money that our Govenor turned down to build a indoor soccer complex for rainy days. All kidding aside...

The date should have been 2008 - sorry.
Swansea 2
South Aiken 1
Pendleton @ Seneca on 5/6 for Seneca's senior night

Seneca 2
Pendleton 0

First half, Courtney Pund (senior captain) scored off an assist by Krystal Goss.

Second half, Emily Nicholson (senior captain) scored off another assist by Krystal Goss.

Normally I don't post much on here, just read everybody else's comments, but had to say how much I've enjoyed having Courtney, Emily and Hillary Lee (our other senior captain) lead our team this year. What made me especially proud and caused me to write this up is the fact that Emily broke both bones in her shin back in February in a scrimmage against Blue Ridge (a totally clean play, just collided the wrong way with the keeper) and was able to endure a long rehab that is still ongoing to get her ready for SWU in the fall. I was considering only putting her out for 5 minutes but her constant dedication to always be at practice (even knowing she can't participate) and strenuous workout schedule with rehab, how could a coach keep her from the game she loves so much? It's girls like her that make me love coaching and make it worth the time and effort. SWU is getting more than just a great player. I wish our three seniors the best of luck next year at school and hope that they know how much they have done for our program. I'm losing 3 girls that not only would coaches love to have as their players, but also as their daughters, truly great kids. Good luck girls!!!
Barnwell 5
Pelion 0

On Senior Night, the Lady Warhorses secured their 2nd straight region title and 3 out of the last 4. They are the best group of seniors and are some of the smartest girls there are. All of them will be successful in their future endeavors and I am glad that I got to coach them for their last two years.
WF 2 SV 1. Hard fought match. SV gave WF all it could handle throughout the match. Good luck to SV next week as the playoffs begin.

Goals for WF: Alexanria Jackson (1), Alexa Gainey (1)
Quote:

. . . SV gave WF all it could handle throughout the match. . . .

Wish I could have been there, glad to see SV played a good game. Thanks for posting score.
Pinewood Prep 3
Heathwood Hall 0
Irmo 6-0 Richland Northeast

On senior night at Irmo, all three seniors scored goals. Congratulations to Alicia, Mandi, and Stephanie.

Scoring:
4 min - Dherckers (Unassisted)
5 - Warder (Farnham)
13 - Baxter (Werdunn)
32 - Warder (Werdunn)
74 - Northington (Farnham)
77 - Funderburk (Frick)
Is Region 3 listening?
Whoops, Region 3 gets it right, Region 4 needs to study the others. At my old age hard for me to remember which child is in which region!
Quote:

Pendleton @ Seneca on 5/6 for Seneca's senior night

Seneca 2
Pendleton 0

First half, Courtney Pund (senior captain) scored off an assist by Krystal Goss.

Second half, Emily Nicholson (senior captain) scored off another assist by Krystal Goss.

Normally I don't post much on here, just read everybody else's comments, but had to say how much I've enjoyed having Courtney, Emily and Hillary Lee (our other senior captain) lead our team this year. What made me especially proud and caused me to write this up is the fact that Emily broke both bones in her shin back in February in a scrimmage against Blue Ridge (a totally clean play, just collided the wrong way with the keeper) and was able to endure a long rehab that is still ongoing to get her ready for SWU in the fall. I was considering only putting her out for 5 minutes but her constant dedication to always be at practice (even knowing she can't participate) and strenuous workout schedule with rehab, how could a coach keep her from the game she loves so much? It's girls like her that make me love coaching and make it worth the time and effort. SWU is getting more than just a great player. I wish our three seniors the best of luck next year at school and hope that they know how much they have done for our program. I'm losing 3 girls that not only would coaches love to have as their players, but also as their daughters, truly great kids. Good luck girls!!!

OH MY! OH MY! OH MY! Having seen Emily go down, and watching the pain she was in during the beginning stages of her rehab, and hearing the predictions that she might be able to play next year before college....

That young lady must be the bravest, most courageous teenager in the world. To come back and play, to score, is impossible. I am sitting here at 4:24 am, reading about soccer like I love to do, and reading the best story of the year. What a wonderful young person, and what an inspiration to all.

It must have been the Krispy Kremes, Emily. Congrats - you are my new hero.

Coach Sumwalt
Quote:

Irmo 6-0 Richland Northeast

On senior night at Irmo, all three seniors scored goals. Congratulations to Alicia, Mandi, and Stephanie.

Ouch! Can't believe I left one off. Haley Hutchens has been unable to play this season due to ACL injury. She did actually start on Senior Night taking the opening kickoff. She left the field at the first stoppage and was on the pitch less than one minute. So, please forgive me Haley.

Congratulations to Irmo Senior players Alicia, Haley, Mandi, and Stephanie!
Quote:

Swansea 2
South Aiken 1

What is the tiebreaker between Airport and Swansea for 3rd seed from Region V-AAA?
I dunno, but I already got a horse's head in the mail with a card reading "Thanks a lot". Give you two guesses who that was from!
Paul,
Our region tiebreaker is based on win points against region opponents.
Swansea has wins against Dreher(2pts), BC(5pts), Airport(4pts), and SA(6pts) = 17 pts
Airport has wins against Dreher twice(4pts), BC(5pts), and Swansea(4pts) = 13 pts
Therefore, Swansea finshes 3rd Airport 4th.
I would like to say it is very humbling playing against such formidable opponents and great coaches(Awesome coaches in our region-I am definitely the least of them all). I consider myself very lucky to be in this position. Good Luck in the play-offs to all in our region!
Quote:

...Therefore, Swansea finshes 3rd Airport 4th...

Congratulations on the big win last night vs S. Aiken which puts you in 3rd place! Do you know whether you will be facing Hilton Head or Bluffton? Region 8-AAA doesn't have the results posted for very many of their games.
Post deleted by Coach P
the other thread has score

westside - 0
greenwood - 1
Quote:

the other thread has score

westside - 0
greenwood - 1

Sorry. Missed that post.
5/6 at Greenwood

(with a 1 hour and 45 minute rain delay thrown in)

Greenwood 1
Westside 0

Shots: Greenwood - 12 / Westside - 13
Corners: Greenwood - 3 / Westside - 3
Records: Greenwood 7-7 (6-4) / Westside 12-8 (4-6)

Westside traveled to Greenwood on Wednesday, despite storm warnings, for Region I-AAAA's battle for 3rd seed. Both squads battled hard in a fast paced game on Greenwood's small pitch. The lone goal of the match came at the 17 minute mark when Greenwood's Elizabeth Sugden scored from 35+ yards out, nicking a high shot off the crossbar and off the Westside GKs waiting hands. After a LONG stoppage for lightning, the teams finished the match, with both squads having numerous chances in the 2nd half but neither able to change the scoreline.

Greenwood's win gives them the 3rd seed and a 1st Round playoff match vs Dorman or Spartanburg. Westside earns the 4th seed and will travel to Mauldin. The match marked the 1st time Westside has ever played Greenwood to a 1 goal game AT Greenwood, with losses over the last 5 years of: 2-0, 5-0, 4-0, 9-0, and 11-0.

Despite the close game, there was a better story to be told. It was Greenwood's senior night, and their girls wore green ribbons in their hair bc it was the favorite color of Greenwood coach George Sugden's recently deceased wife, who passed away unexpectedly on Saturday. Only fitting that the daughter scores a game winning, 3rd seed clinching goal on the day after her mother's funeral.

There are many lessons to be learned through coaching soccer, and most of them do not have to do with scorelines or results. I could not have been happier for the way my girls performed at the home of a region opponent we have only recently even been competitive against, but at the same time, seeing an opposing coach's daughter rise to the occasion in such a difficult time was somehow more touching...
Well said
Heart wrenching story from Greenwood! George and Elizabeth, we are very sorry for your huge loss. Our thoughts are with you in this difficult time. Congrats to Elizabeth on the great goal last night.
I can remember attending Lander's soccer camp as a player and having Coach Sugden as a camp coach. He was a very good guy and a great coach to learn from. He is certainly a class act and I cant imagine coaching a day after my wife's funeral.
Our thoughts to the Sugden family, congrats to a courageous daughter, and another congrats to Ryan Roseberry for realizing the RIGHT way to be a role model and great coach. For those of you who follow mathematical models, don't schedule Westside next year...
Loris and Aynor are playing for the 2A-8 Region Championship tonight. We don't have a tie breaker in the rules/constitution so we got to play for it-AGAIN!!! that is 4 games in a row for loris, and 3 games in a week for Aynor...before playoffs!!!! LOVIN' IT!! It will be the first championship for either team...
Ryan,

That's a great story...congratulations to you and your girls for both competitiveness and character, and sympathy and respect to the Sudgen family for their courage and dedication in the face of such a loss. Thanks for the reminder that when it comes right down to it, people are more important than games.
I am sorry to learn of Coach Sugden's loss. I had the privilege to take my first USSF course under his direction in 1993 and he was an excellent instructor.
He was a real colorful personality when I was up that way and always had a smile whether it was a win or loss. Hope the family is doing well.
Ryan, thank you for informing us and more importantly sharing your humanity with us all. Your words about George and his daughter brought tears to my eyes. I am proud to know you all.

My deepest sympathies to the Sugden family. Congratulations on being models for all of our players across the state. Your strength strengthens us all.
Final @ The Cage
Cayce, SC

Brookland-Cayce 4:0 Northwestern
Pinewood 1
Hilton Head Christian 0

Pinewood advances to the SCISA state championship (For the first time ever!) on Saturday at Porter Gaud. Plays the winner of Cardinal Newman vs St. Joe's.
Cardinal Newman 1 -0 St. Joe's
Mauldin 3
Byrnes 0
Barnwell 6
Pelion 1
WOODRUFF-2
TL Hanna-1

JV Girls

WOODRUFF-1
TL Hanna-0
Riverside 2 Blue Ridge 0
Quote:

Mauldin 3
Byrnes 0

A difficult to control ball on an uneven playing surface resulted in two and possibly all three Mauldin goals. The first one saw Gracie Boswell take the ball off the center back close to the halfway line and out-pace the defense to slip the ball past the advancing Byrnes goalie. The second goal resulted from the goalie punting the ball close to the sideline and chasing after it. Sarah Schaidle received the ball in the center of the field and she dribbled around defenders and slipped the ball past the returning goalie and into the net. The third goal came from free kick expert Allison Nelson with a shot from outside of the area, which the goalie was unable to hold.

Goals: Boswell; Schaidle; Nelson
At Fort Mill:

Fort Mill 1
Mallard Creek (NC) 1
Match called at 72:00 due to lightning.

MC (11-6-4, NC 4A) had one good shot in the first half, and it was good enough for the lead. MC defense was very fast, always recovering well and cutting off lines of attack. FM tied it up at 67:00 on a 25-yard shot over the keeper's head from Hayley Hatherly.
North Augusta 2
Aiken 0
DF 2 Irmo 1
At Stratford
West Ashley-3
Stratford-2
Post deleted by Hobo
Hillcrest 0
Dorman 5

Dorman takes second seed in Region II.
Christ Church 2
Southside Christian 0

This was the Region tiebreaker.
Quote:

Riverside 2 Blue Ridge 0

Girls' Varsity. 2-0 at half on two corners. 0-0 second half.
Lexington - 2
White Knoll - 0
Greenville 5
@ Boiling Springs 1

Goals: Wessel (2), Lewis, Waters, Barlow
Pendleton 1
Easley 7
TL Hanna- 1
Woodruff- 2

TL Hanna goal by Summer Miller, assist goes to Katie Bryan.

Woodruff has a nice soccer complex.
Anyone have these scores?
Summerville vs Fort Dorchester
Colleton County vs Beaufort
At Berkeley:

James Island 5
Berkeley 0

No excuses...we got outrun tonight. 2-0 at half--moved my sweeper up front for another scoring threat at halftime and gave up 2 more right off the bat before the defense settled in with the new setup. We missed or hit the keeper on our breakaways; they hit the net. Those JI girls are fast.
Quote:

Anyone have these scores?
Summerville vs Fort Dorchester
Colleton County vs Beaufort

From the Post and Courier: SUMMERVILLE 1, FORT DORCHESTER 0

That leaves Summerville and Ft Dorchester tied at 4-4. They split 1-0 decisions during the season. Anyone know the Region 8-AAAA tiebreakers?
Quote:

DF 2 Irmo 1

Scoring:
15' - DF: Gauthier
23' - I: Farnham
78' - DF: Vickers
Beaufort 1 , Colleton County 0

One of the best games i have seen all season. Both teams battled all game with the lone gone being scored with 18 minutes remaining. Colleton continued the frustration of not being able to score with shots off the cross bar in the final minutes. Great game played by both teams. Good luck to beaufort in the playoffs.
Airport 3 Blythewood 1
5/7 Scores

Greenwood 3 (8-7)
Emerald 0 (8-11)

JL Mann 2 (13-2)
Wren 0 (15-5)
Anybody has these scores?

AC Flora - Lugoff-Elgin
Lugoff-Elgin - AC Flora
How could South Pointe tie Spartanburg? That should be a HUGE mismatch.
Quote:

How could South Pointe tie Spartanburg? That should be a HUGE mismatch.

SHS never played South Pointe.
I do believe that would be a misplaced Boys' score
That is correct, never played SP but the boys team did last week.
Pinewood 4
Cardinal Newman 1

Pinewood wins the AAA SCISA state championship! Boys won as well.
© SC Soccer