Blue Ridge 0

Hanna wins in Pus
South Aiken 4
St. James 0
In overtime, at Fort Mill:

Fort Mill 2
Spartanburg 1

7:00 Ashley Long, S'burg
67:00 Taylor Parker, FM (Hali Singleton assist)
100:00 Jessica Tooley, FM
Christ Church 4
Walhalla 0
Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1
@ Wando
Wando 3 - Irmo 0

No stumbling by Wando, but the irmo goalie was cautioned for pretending she was hurt (flopping??) and stopping play.
West Ashley 7
Carolina Forest 0
@ CHS
Chapin 3
Daniel 0
Barnwell 4
Wade Hampton 1

Half 2-1
Swansea 6
Socastee 0
Lexington - 3
North Augusta - 0
Summerville @ Stratford

Summerville 1
Stratford 0

Goal Scored in the Second Half of overtime

Hard played by both teams..Stratford keep your head up way to turn around your season!!!
Quote:

Summerville @ Stratford

Summerville 1
Stratford 0

Goal Scored in the Second Half of overtime

Hard played by both teams..Stratford keep your head up way to turn around your season!!!

Summerville on a ROLL!! Keep it up ladies.
@ Woodmont

Greenville 1
Woodmont 0

This is the kind of game you want to officiate as a referee. I don't think there were more than 10 fouls between both teams. Nice clean game from both sides. Fairplay trophy should go to Woodmont.

Now I know why the Wildcats had only 10 goals against all season. Their crossbar and posts must be wider, ha ha. We hit the crossbar 4 times and the post twice. The rest was in safe hands with Katie Tate. I'm surprised that their #2 Leah Latthrop did not make All-Region - perhaps because she's only a freshman? Her speedy counter attacks were scary!

The lone goal came finally in the 78th minute from close range after changing from 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 to a 3-4-3. The Lady Raiders will need to step it up considerably in the attacking third if they want to beat Riverside in quarter-finals this Friday.
Any word from Spring Valley? Anyone?
5/13
@ Woodruff
2A UpperState

Seed 8-Broome 0
Seed 1-Woodruff 4
TL Hanna 2
Clover 1

Won in PK's after two overtimes

Clover scored in the first 10 minute overtime. Morgan Cutts for TL Hanna scored in the second over time to make it 1-1. The sudden death overtime went with out a score. Went to PK's and TL Hanna made their first 4 and Clover made 2 out of 4. It never made it to the 5th kick. In the second half Clover had a PK on a questionable call but TL Hanna goalie Kaitlyn Neipp made the save of a life time to keep the game tied at 0-0.
Kaitlyn Neipp gets the game ball for making that save and the first in the PK's. Great Game Kaitlyn.

PK's for Hanna
Morgan Cutts-made
Summer Miller-made
Mariana Anderson-made
Katie Bryan-made

PK's for Clover
#14- TL Hanner keeper saved
#6- made
#16- made
#18- missed off post
Deutschland? Anyone? Wo bist du?
Looks to be a repeat of last years upstate quarter finals Mauldin vs. TL Hanna. This year to be played at Mauldin on Friday.

Will need to rearrange my travel schedule to see this game.

Quote:

Hanna wins in Pus

Did they not go into 2, 5 minute sudden death periods after the 2, 10 minute periods?

And what's a "Pus"?
I would give you the technical, medical definition of pus, but that would be unseemly. Anderson is a small place, and "pus" was likely a typo.
I took "pus" as being pk's. Nice update, Hobo. Most of us knew what you meant. I bet the place erupted in the 2nd OT when they scored. I know you are especially proud!
Good summary Hobo. I was going to post something like "did we really win that one?"

Clover High School is represented by a wonderful and gracious team of girls and coaches. I really feel they did everything to win that game, but sometimes soccer matches don't go the way it seems they should. We at Hanna are very humble in this victory because we know it could have gone either way and we were lucky tonight. Don't get me wrong, I am so proud we kept pushing, even when we were down. I just really feel for the Clover girls.

Quote:

TL Hanna 2
Clover 1

Won in PK's after two overtimes

Clover scored in the first 10 minute overtime. Morgan Cutts for TL Hanna scored in the second over time to make it 1-1. The sudden death overtime went with out a score. Went to PK's and TL Hanna made their first 4 and Clover made 2 out of 4. It never made it to the 5th kick. In the second half Clover had a PK on a questionable call but TL Hanna goalie Kaitlyn Neipp made the save of a life time to keep the game tied at 0-0.
Kaitlyn Neipp gets the game ball for making that save and the first in the PK's. Great Game Kaitlyn.

PK's for Hanna
Morgan Cutts-made
Summer Miller-made
Mariana Anderson-made
Katie Bryan-made

PK's for Clover
#14- TL Hanner keeper saved
#6- made
#16- made
#18- missed off post

I believe SV lost.
FM-Sparty game was also a classic and could have gone either way. I, too, feel for Coach Paul McGinty and all of his Lady Vikings. They fought very hard and thrilled the crowd at Bob Jones Stadium.

Sorry that Spartanburg's very successful season comes to an end but this game is unforgiving, and, in play-off soccer, somebody has to lose. I'm sure Dorman wanted no part of Round 3 with the Lady Vikes on Friday, even though the match would have been in Roebuck.

Paul & John......your girls were great. Thanks for leaving it all out on the field for us tonight.
All 4 PK scorers played for the U13 and U14 State Cup champions at the old Anderson Soccer club for Tommy Morris, former Anderson College assistant under Rob Miller.
A nice tribute to club soccer in general and to the parents who take the time and money to make club soccer possible for their kids.
Congrats to a well-coached Chapin side.
One slight criticism--fans should not be allowed to address abusive language to opposing players by name. Some of those boys needed a serious muzzle.
But that doesn't take away from Chapin's quality as a team.
Good luck, Rachael
Congrats to Morgan Cutts from TL Hanna, Morgan has busted her butt to work her way thru injuries the last two seasons, I"m happy for Morgan, way to go, I see big things from Morgan in the near future.
Very sorry to see Clover go down tonight, especially after playing so well. PK's are torture. As the updates from the game in Anderson were announced over the PA in Fort Mill, all of the Lady Jackets faithful were pulling for the Lady Blue Eagles. It would have been a first if two girls teams from York County reached the state's Great Eight.

Clover finishes 11-8-1 and look at the records of the eight teams that defeated them this year.

Riverside 17-3-1
Dorman 15-4-0
Kings Mountain (NC) 20-1-0
Charlotte Catholic (NC) 17-0-3
Ardrey Kell (NC) 17-0-1
Fort Mill 16-5-1
Fort Mill 16-5-1
TL Hanna 17-5-0

The Clover girls will hold their heads high and be back again next year.
Spring Valley 1
Dorman 2

Our hats off to Spring Valley girls and Steve Lea for the outstanding performance they gave last night. Steve is one of the best coaches in the state and we are very lucky to walk away with this win. Congratulations Spring Valley on a great season!
Here is the write-up of Hanna/Clover in the Anderson Independent.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2009/may/13/neipp-saves-lady-jackets-2-1/
Academic Magnet 10
Hanahan 1

Here is the article from the Charleston paper:
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/may/14/academic_magnet_rolls_over_hanahan_secon82300/
Quote:

@ Wando
Wando 3 - Irmo 0

No stumbling by Wando, but the irmo goalie was cautioned for pretending she was hurt (flopping??) and stopping play.

There were no cautions (yellow cards) issued during this match to any player on either team.

At one point during the first half, our (Irmo's) keeper fell subsequent to making a save. When she fell, her head hit the ground pretty hard and she remained on the ground while the ball was still in play. The referee stopped play and she was slow getting up and appeared slightly dazed. The referee approached her and spoke to her to make sure she was OK before he restarted play with a drop ball. He did not say anything to her about faking injury. He was only concerned about her health and safety. He thought she was OK and allowed her to continue play without calling the coaches or trainers on the field, but he did speak to the Irmo coaching staff at half time and suggested we check on her to make sure she was OK.

WormBurner, please make sure you have your facts straight before accusing a young lady of unsporting conduct. Wando is an extremely talented team and they put our defense and keeper under considerable pressure during this match. Our GK handled the pressure very well and is to be commended for her efforts, toughness, and composure under fire. She is an outstanding young lady and never even comes close to unsporting behavior. She should not have to face false accusations of unsporting conduct such as "flopping".
Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Ridge View proved to be feisty opponents in this exciting play-off game. The normally lethal Mauldin offense had to be content with near misses during the first fifteen minutes, then some excellent control by Mauldin's Allie Simpson, who pulled a cross out of the air, juggled the ball and then send a worm burner into the corner of the net, gave Mauldin the first goal. Shortly after, a defensive error on what was the second Ridge View ball into the Mauldin penalty area presented them with an equalizer. The Mauldin team lost some confidence and started playing tentatively. After an initial second half surge by Ridge View, Mauldin made up for the near misses in the opening period, owning the rest of the second half. Ridge View may have spent themselves in the first half. Two very good teams.
Mauldin
Goals: Simpson; Boswell; Shaidle; Young 2.
Assists: Carter; Boswell; Shaidle.
Quote:

Quote:

Hanna wins in Pus

Did they not go into 2, 5 minute sudden death periods after the 2, 10 minute periods?

And what's a "Pus"?

Sorry my fingers are to big for this new high tech phone. Until I sat down this morning and looked at my posting I did not know how bad my phone texting/typing skills are. I heard Clemson has a course on this, maybe I will enroll.

And yes they went to two 10's then it was still tied so they did two 5's golden goal.
At least you have the high tech phone All is forgiven.
Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Ridge View proved to be feisty opponents in this exciting play-off game. The normally lethal Mauldin offense had to be content with near misses during the first fifteen minutes, then some excellent control by Mauldin's Allie Simpson, who pulled a cross out of the air, juggled the ball and then send a worm burner into the corner of the net, gave Mauldin the first goal. Shortly after, a defensive error on what was the second Ridge View ball into the Mauldin penalty area presented them with an equalizer. The Mauldin team lost some confidence and started playing tentatively. After an initial second half surge by Ridge View, Mauldin made up for the near misses in the opening period, owning the rest of the second half. Ridge View may have spent themselves in the first half. Two very good teams.
Mauldin

It was a great game, and Mauldin is a fantastic team. However, I am in agreement with PaulSchleifer and the muzzle for the boys. Mauldin's boys were personally attacking the Ridge View players for any possible thing. Mauldin's girls were constantly apologizing for it but the display put on by the boys is an embarassment. Hopefully something will change. The Mauldin girls are a classy team with a lot of talent, and I wish them the best of luck with the rest of the season.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Mauldin

It was a great game, and Mauldin is a fantastic team. However, I am in agreement with PaulSchleifer and the muzzle for the boys. Mauldin's boys were personally attacking the Ridge View players for any possible thing. Mauldin's girls were constantly apologizing for it but the display put on by the boys is an embarassment. Hopefully something will change. The Mauldin girls are a classy team with a lot of talent, and I wish them the best of luck with the rest of the season.

I think they showed the same behavior last year vs TLH. I know the coach went over that game and asked them to calm down.
I can attest to the behavior of the Mauldin boys as well. When the Westside girls played Mauldin in the first round of the playoffs, the match had to be completely stopped by the head ref and the entire Mauldin boys team was kicked out of the game for their classless and insulting comments to individual Westside players.

The Mauldin girls were classy, never taunting or showboating, but it's a shame that two PLAYOFF matches in a row have been marred by the behavior of the boys team.

It would be wise for the TL Hanna or Mauldin coach to alert the head referee at Friday's match of this matter before the game, so things do not get out of hand.
Where is the boys coach in all of this? I remember in high school if we ever went to the girls game and our coach got word that we were being disrespectful...we had to run until he got tired of watching us!! I would think that the boys coach could put a stop to this behavior!
Or administration...somebody. Czar has to worry about his girls and the game. Lots of others to handle the crowds.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Mauldin

I think they showed the same behavior last year vs TLH. I know the coach went over that game and asked them to calm down.

Let me say that based on FMHS past experience with Mauldin fans/boys team a classless, boarish performance is just par for the course! Be insulted if you want Mauldin fans but remember your team was the one who had a playoff game ended last year because of three red cards in about two minutes because with three mins left you were down multiple goals and going to lose! Having a game end before the end of regualtion due to DIRTY play is pathetic. Oh yea and during the early season rematch this year your fans cheered when a FMHS boy went down on a hard play, laying on the ground with a broken collar bone and hearing the fans cheer for your pain must have made the hurt player feel really great! Or maybe the fans were cheering for thier thug player to encourage him to go hurt another player
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Mauldin

Let me say that based on FMHS past experience with Mauldin fans/boys team a classless, boarish performance is just par for the course! Be insulted if you want Mauldin fans but remember your team was the one who had a playoff game ended last year because of three red cards in about two minutes because with three mins left you were down multiple goals and going to lose! Having a game end before the end of regualtion due to DIRTY play is pathetic. Oh yea and during the early season rematch this year your fans cheered when a FMHS boy went down on a hard play, laying on the ground with a broken collar bone and hearing the fans cheer for your pain must have made the hurt player feel really great! Or maybe the fans were cheering for thier thug player to encourage him to go hurt another player

The referees went over and talked to the Mauldin coaches and supposedly the boys coach was going to take care of it...it was quiet for a little while but the chaos ensued pretty quickly. I, for one, was personally attacked the entire second half when the boys found out my name and decided to use it to heckle me the entire time. I figured a referee would take action and kick the boys out as they should be but nothing ever happened. It needs to be addressed, as the Mauldin girls ARE a great, classy team. Cheering is one thing, but being obnoxious and blatently rude is another.
Jackets win OT thriller
The (Rock Hill) Herald
May 14, 2009
by Karl Lyles

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/sports/story/1340580.html

Very exciting game. Dramatic ending. Shame one team had to lose.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Mauldin

The referees went over and talked to the Mauldin coaches and supposedly the boys coach was going to take care of it...it was quiet for a little while but the chaos ensued pretty quickly. I, for one, was personally attacked the entire second half when the boys found out my name and decided to use it to heckle me the entire time. I figured a referee would take action and kick the boys out as they should be but nothing ever happened. It needs to be addressed, as the Mauldin girls ARE a great, classy team. Cheering is one thing, but being obnoxious and blatently rude is another.

I did not want to get into this discussion because I think it takes away from what the girls are doing. I have been at both games this week and at the Westside match the students did heckle one girl that I heard. The referee talked to Czar and the athletic director was called and took the boys to the Softball game. Last night I personally did not hear any heckling towards players or fans and there certainly was not any chaos. Just a hard fought match between to great teams.
so what is the record for number of quotes in a post? this looks like an aerial view of an egyptian pyramid.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Mauldin

I did not want to get into this discussion because I think it takes away from what the girls are doing. I have been at both games this week and at the Westside match the students did heckle one girl that I heard. The referee talked to Czar and the athletic director was called and took the boys to the Softball game. Last night I personally did not hear any heckling towards players or fans and there certainly was not any chaos. Just a hard fought match between to great teams.

If you climb to the top, you will see that a game was played, and that Mauldin won this game.
CJ,

Thanks for lunch. Good luck Friday night.
Mavs Soccer Dad, well said let your girls enjoy what they have earned ask the boys to stop upstaging the girls. My problem with the boys and thier behavior belongs in the boys thread but, when I saw it over here how they were "acting up" again my emotions got ahead of brain in the talking line . I know that the fans in the stands are often different between the two teams and so I should also not lump your girls in with the boys and thier fans.
As for your girls it looks like from the posts they carry themselfs in a classy way and deserve respect for thier play. Sorry if my rant in any way implided your girls program and thier fans are the problem.
Good Luck the rest of the way.
don't mention it. Sorry it had to be quick. I think you should post those pictures. They are awesome.

Good luck to FM too! You are gonna need it against Der Deutschland!

Quote:

CJ,

Thanks for lunch. Good luck Friday night.

Video highlights of the Fort Mill - Spartanburg match. (Score is already 1-0 Lady Vikings when the highlights begin).

Also includes post-match interviews. Interesting that the Fort Mill coach didn't find the officiating to be nearly as bad as some of the folks sitting up in the stands behind him.

http://www.cn2.com:8080/web/guest/sports...11_videoId=2260
As you can see I’m new to this, registered yesterday after reading some of the misinformation on this topic. I was at the Mauldin/Ridgeview girls game Monday night, if any “chaos” was present it was for a short time after the “Ridgeview Horne Blower” went down and challenged a group of teenage boys for cheering at a High School soccer game. Not the best decision of the night. I understand his language was inappropriate and a little threatening. The boys responded like you would expect teenage boys to respond to that type of situation, they volleyed with some inappropriate behavior of their own. It’s was a nonevent. Mauldin’s staff and parents never let it get beyond that. I do think the boys ragged the Ridgeview girls a bit, but it was nothing that seemed to concern the Ref or Line-Judge. If that type of chatter is offensive, I hope none of these girls want to play basketball. That type of ragging seems to be acceptable in softball, baseball and other sports but I guess not in girl’s soccer. The flip side of all this is that Mauldin’s varsity girl’s soccer team is being supported by more than a handful of parents and a neo-green horn! I hope the boys are there in force tonight cheering for the Lady Mavs and if they get out of line the Mauldin staff will handle quickly and professionally…
You know i must say they do call it home field advantage for a reason. Whats the point of working hard all season to win region and have all your playoff games at home so your fans can come. Do they talk trash, yes, but isn't that their purpose. In every other school sport it is perfectly acceptable so i don't see what the big deal is. Its going to happen whether any one, coaches, fans, or players like it.
© SC Soccer