SC Soccer
Posted By: cid0000 Surprise Teams - 11/09/09 04:18 PM
With the season just around the corner, what are some schools that may surprise and why?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Surprise Teams - 11/10/09 05:20 PM
BC was young and a good squad last year. I'm thinking middle aged and great in 2010.
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: Surprise Teams - 11/10/09 05:34 PM
The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:
"Meaningless! Meaningless!"
says the Teacher.
"Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless."

What does man gain from all his labor
at which he toils under the sun?

Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.

The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.

The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.

All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.

All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there anything of which one can say,
"Look! This is something new"?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.

My guess is.......take the same top 2-3 teams per region and they'll still be top 2-3 teams. Top 6-8 tems statewide from last year will again be top 6-8 teams this year.

"Meaningless, meaningless....."
Posted By: letmeputittooyouthisway Re: Surprise Teams - 11/10/09 07:01 PM
IMO - The central midlands schools are not the “front runners” in the region that they have been in the past. The public schools (Airport, AC Flora, BC, Dreher) and private (CN, Hammond, Heathwood) have mostly drifted out as strong regional contenders. will this year be different for any of the central midlands teams?
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Surprise Teams - 11/10/09 07:33 PM
In 4A, Irmo is probably the only mid-state team that could challenge for a state championship. Dutch Fork and Lexington are still very good but they won't field their strongest teams in 2010.

The powers are now "on the outskirts". Wando, TL Hanna, Mauldin, Dorman, Clover and Fort Mill will probably be the teams to beat. I think we may soon see the lower state make some noise as West Ashley, James Island and Summerville look like they are heading in the right direction.
Posted By: TS Re: Surprise Teams - 11/10/09 08:30 PM
Quote:

IMO - The central midlands schools are not the “front runners” in the region that they have been in the past. The public schools (Airport, AC Flora, BC, Dreher) and private (CN, Hammond, Heathwood) have mostly drifted out as strong regional contenders. will this year be different for any of the central midlands teams?

On the private school side CN won the region last year and appeared in the State Championship Match. The year before Hammond played in the state championship match. I'm not sure how anyone could consider this "drifted out as strong regional contenders".
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: Surprise Teams - 11/10/09 08:38 PM
Quote:

In 4A, Irmo is probably the only mid-state team that could challenge for a state championship. Dutch Fork and Lexington are still very good but they won't field their strongest teams in 2010.

The powers are now "on the outskirts". Wando, TL Hanna, Mauldin, Dorman, Clover and Fort Mill will probably be the teams to beat. I think we may soon see the lower state make some noise as West Ashley, James Island and Summerville look like they are heading in the right direction.

I've been a big booster of Clover.......but they don't deserve to be mentioned with those other schools yet. They were an underachieving team last year. They'll be a good team...not sure a top team.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Surprise Teams - 11/10/09 09:09 PM
They won a first-round playoff game last year and then went to Anderson and took TLH to the limit, losing in OT.
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: Surprise Teams - 11/10/09 11:58 PM
Looking at the body of work......not one or two games.

Beat FM once.....win a VC game. Beat one good Charlotte team at the FM Invitational.
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: Surprise Teams - 11/11/09 12:55 PM
Quote:

Achmed not very sharp...not sure what lmpitytw is trying to say.
If he saying "3A - Region 5" is good" Achmed agree.
If not....then these be fighting words....
Posted By: Catch Up Re: Surprise Teams - 11/11/09 02:41 PM
Bamberg. Even though a large majority of the team are seinors i think they have been playing with each other long enough to be able to gel together for one last time and become a power-house for the upcoming season. I really think this team will be able to shock other teams with the talent that they have. i just cant wait for march
Posted By: Meredith Re: Surprise Teams - 11/12/09 01:59 PM
Bamberg has a girls team?
© SC Soccer