SC Soccer
Posted By: 202677 Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/26/10 05:32 PM
Who are the best sophomore girls in the Midlands? Why?
Posted By: CatCrazy01 Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 12:19 AM
Rebecca Leary and Taylor Piorkowski are both very good forewords at Lexington. Becca and Taylor have combined for over twenty goals this season, leading Lexington to a current undefeated record in the region.
Posted By: Loves to Play Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 12:24 AM
Offensive and defensive?
Posted By: Import Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 12:51 AM
Why just the Midlands? We have a few up here on the northern border.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 12:54 AM
The best sophomore girl in the state plays down around the Simpsonville area.
Posted By: Loves to Play Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 01:15 AM
Which school? position?
Posted By: sweet feet Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 01:26 AM
Quote:

The best sophomore girl in the state plays down around the Simpsonville area.

Hurst:
In your opinion is the Sophomore class average, above average, or below average.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 02:40 AM
Above average.

I base this on the ODP class (primarily '94's) and the competitiveness of the '93 teams playing in South Carolina.
what about the low country??
Posted By: holtsc Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 01:42 PM
South Aiken has an extremely skilled and motivated group of sophomores this year.
Posted By: Coach R Brown Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 01:53 PM
Ben Lippen, while struggling in our region this season, has a very talented group of sophomore girls. Our strongest two players over the course of the season this year are sophomores, one of which is moving. If our sophomores continue to improve in the "off-season" the way they have throughout the season, and continue to stay together, I believe Ben Lippen's soccer program will be much better in the coming two years and beyond.
Posted By: Ramsdad Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 02:46 PM
I know I'm a little biased but I think Stephanie DeVita is the best Sophomore player in the state.
Posted By: Tony King Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 03:02 PM
Brooks Burdette and Jamie Morris are 2 names I would throw out there from Blythewood. Both can play multiple positions on the field and have been moved around over the season as needs/tactics have needed to change. Both have scored a few goals on the offensive end, but both have spent lots of time anchoring or helping out in the defense as well. Versatile and tenacious they are!

tk
Posted By: IDK Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/27/10 07:09 PM
I think I would have to go with that Angotti-Smith girl from Pinewood.
Quote:

I know I'm a little biased but I think Stephanie DeVita is the best Sophomore player in the state.

Having gone through Region 2 twice, I would agree, she is the best Sophomore. Best player is up for grabs. For a Sophomore she is tough.

She hits the ball like a dude.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/29/10 04:11 AM
Courtney Angotti-Smith from Pinewood Prep. 140+ goals as a sophomore.
How can you ask such a question? Of course I see that almost all are scorers that you mention. So many players go unnoticed because they are actually playing as they should, like a team. Heres to all the defenders that never get the credit they deserve or to the playmakers who also start the ball rolling. Every team that I have seen play have players worth note. You know I havent seen to many comments about the top teams in almost all the divisions. Wando, Riverside, Dorman, South Aiken, Bishop England..... I KNOW there are plenty sophomores that are exceptional on these teams........
Posted By: Loves to Play Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/29/10 10:26 PM
Well then...let's hear about some of the defensive players then.Seems everyone is in agreement on the offensive talent in the state...
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 04/29/10 10:47 PM
Kylie Allen, the center back for Clover is an absolute beast. Fast and strong, good out of the air. Kylie is one of the very few girls who can play physically with boys at this age. She can go shoulder to shoulder with most...and run with most. Needs to improve technically. But will be a physical mismatch with just about every girl that comes near her.

The Bright twins from Nation Ford are also strong, physically dominant players.
Posted By: fe11 Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 05/12/10 12:33 AM
Arianna Pierner plays midfield for North Augusta. She has great touches and impresive vision of the field. Not to mention she has a great shot.
Posted By: keepermom Re: Who are the best sophomore girls? - 05/12/10 12:59 AM
Arianna is a great player!...She also has amazing speed!
© SC Soccer