SC Soccer
Also e-mail kyle@scsoccer.com so the S.C. High School Soccer Scoreboard can be updated accordingly. Thanks!
County Stadium - Hilton Head Island

Hilton Head Island 0:3 South Aiken FT
Wando-0
DF-0
Halftime
Final
Riverside 4
Greenville 2
At half
Wac 4 AM 1
Final
South Aiken 3
Hilton Head 0
Wando-1
DF-0
15 min. left
Wac5 AM 1....AM goalie yellowcarded
Wando -2
DF-0
Final
final
Wac6 AM 1
Final in OT

Christ Church 4
Woodruff 3
Not sure what game the papers were at but the Christ Church and Woodruff game was a tight emotional roller coaster. Woodruff scored first in the first 5 minutes. Christ Church answered in the next 5 minutes. Christ Church scored to bring it to 2-1 at half. Woodruff came back to tie it. Christ Church scored for it to be 3-2. Woodruff came back to tie it in the end of regulation. First 10 minutes of overtime, nothing. Christ Church got lucky and got another goal in the second overtime and packed the back to shut down Woodruff's chance to equalize. Both teams played tremendous and with a lot of heart. It was one of those games where you hate for there to be a loser.
Prediction-
Waccamaw girls win the state championship for 2a...they have demolished every team they have played-they will finally get their win! they have a large group of seniors that have played club for a long time u-10's i think...
Actually now I can't remember did Woodruff get up 3-2 and then Christ Church tied it to 3-3? Not sure of the order. Just remember it seemed like it went back and forth and no team was ever up by more than 1 goal.
sigh. . .I have simple dreams. . .and thought we were so close to having an all-public-school final in AA/A girls this year. . .sigh. . .

So here is my cheer for Waccamaw to win Friday. . .
Well, here is my cheer (and this is not intended towards anyone's post, just my opinion about a great coach)...

Coach Gomez, you are a first class coach and person. You have done a remarkable job with the program and you have some of the hardest working and hardest playing young ladies in high school soccer. Here's to a great "rivalry" with tons of emotion and heart (and great soccer games to boot). And another cheer for hoping that this "rivalry" between a great 2A public school and 1A private school continue for years to come.
Congrats to you on another very successful season. I look forward to seeing you on the pitch over the next year and am glad I can call you my friend.

Coach Nichols
Thank you coach Nichols, and the same to you. Your girls gave us a great match, as expected. I beleive everybody whether it was on the bench or the field,gave all they had and left it on the field. Which makes for great memories and for great matches yet to come. Yes I would like to keep this rivalry going.You've done a great job with your proram.Good luck on the championsip game. And I also consider you a friend of mine.

Coach Gomez.
Dorman @ Mauldin 5-18-10
Halftime Score
Mauldin - 0
Dorman - 0
Dorman @ Mauldin 5-18-10
70 minute
Mauldin - 2
Dorman - 1
Dorman @ Mauldin 5-18-10
Final Score
Mauldin - 2
Dorman - 1
Good luck in championship
Hey U.
Quote:

Prediction-
Waccamaw girls win the state championship for 2a...they have demolished every team they have played-they will finally get their win! they have a large group of seniors that have played club for a long time u-10's i think...

I agree. Waccamaw has looked very good during the play-offs so I believe they will win the State Championship. It still looks odd to not see Bishop England in the Title game. I'm used to seeing them there every year.
© SC Soccer