SC Soccer
Be sure to add them to the Eurosport Scoreboard as well!

http://www.eurosportscoreboard.com/page_state.php?s=SC
@Northwestern vs. Andrew Jackson is postponed due to bad field conditions.

Rescheduled for 5:30pm on 4/13/11
In view of flooded fields the following games have been moved to tomorrow:

Greenville @ Berea
Travelers Rest @ Wade Hampton-G

Keeping our fingers crossed that conditions will improve by 5:30 tomorrow.
OW 0
White Knoll 9
@Sumter
West Florence 5
Sumter 1
@ Ridgeview

DF 8 RV 6
Mann 4 Christ Church 2
3/29/11

Varsity Girls
Airport 1-2 (ot) Brookland-Cayce
Eagle Stadium @ West Columbia, SC
Halftime: A 1-1 BC
@ Wren
Easley - 2
Wren - 9
@Summerville

Fort Dorchester 1
Summerville 3
3/29 @ North Augusta

North Augusta 2
South Aiken 1
(3-2 in pks)
Swansea 2
Barnwell 1

0-0 at the half @ Barnwell
@ Irmo

Irmo 1
SV 3
@ York

York 0
Fort Mill 3
@Berea

Greenville 6
Berea 0

@Wade Hampton-G

WHHS 1
Travelers Rest 0
@ Ashley Ridge

Ashley Ridge 1
James Island 0
3/29/2011

Blythewood 7-0 Lugoff-Elgin
@ Westside

Westside 10
Laurens 1

Records: Westside 5-7 Overall / 2-4 Region I-AAAA
@ Lexington

Lexington 2
Aiken 0
Pendleton 5
Carolina 0

Sophmore Emma Job scored 1. Freshman Talea Simmons scored 4. Pulled Talea for second half.

Good clean soccer match!!
@ Camden

Camden 10 v Marlboro County 0
3/29 @West Ashley

Wando 2
West Ashley 0
Clover 3
Rock Hill 0
West Florence v Camden 3/30 postponed
Darlington v Camden 3/31 reschedule to 5/2

all due to weather issues...hoping to reschedule west florence if schedules permit
What happen to the good game commentary? I realize someone is always offended by it but those of us with no girls in the game any more would enjoy reading it.
Silver Bluff vs. Barnwell postponed until April 29
Sadly no Riverside Vs Mann. Pushed all the way to April 14th
Wednesday night's Berkeley vs. Stratford girls' matches postponed to Wednesday, 4/6 due to weather/field conditions.
The field in Travelers Rest needs 4 weeks to dry up. ...Tonight's match between Greenville and T.R. has been moved to May 3 due to standing water on the pitch.
Tonight's match at The Reservation between Riverside and Mann rescheduled to April 14 @7PM due to poor field conditions.
3/31/11

Brookland-Cayce 10-0 Lower Richland
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

(match called at halftime)
Records: BC (8-4-1, 4-1 Region 5-3A); LR (0-5-0, 0-4)
Pickens 1 Seneca 2 (PK's 4-3)

At Pickens
Pelion Wins 9-3 at Wade Hampton

Great Game, although it was really wet.
@ Easley

Westside - 2
Easley - 4
TL Hanna 1
Wren. 0

The only info I have on the game is that it was scoreless at the half. For all intents and purposes this outcome sets up a winner take region whenever the lady Jackets and Lady Canes meet again, given that both have unblemished records against other Region I-AAAA opponents.

These two teams will most likely face Dorman and JL Mann in the first round of the playoffs, setting the stage for the worst advantage IN THE HISTORY OF CREATION (pardon the hyperbole) for a region champion, given that TL Hanna could feasibly face a Dorman squad it has already lost to.

Can you say shafted?
@ Hillcrest

Hillcrest 1
Mauldin 4

Hillcrest made it interesting for a little while, taking a early 1-0 lead, but as most would expect Mauldin came storming back with 4 unanswered goals.
Quote:

Can you say shafted?

Ryan, can you imagine how excited I am about duking it out for the 3/4/5 slot for an "opportunity" to see Riverside first round? Yeah.
The AAAA playoff pairings are crazy this year for Region IV. There are currently 4 top 15 teams in Region IV. The third seed will most probably have the pleasure of facing Wando in the first round while the fourth seed would probably not face a ranked opponent until the third round. Anyone want to revisit the idea of AAAA adopting the same 1-16 seeding process used by AA/A?
From The State:

Spring Valley 3-1 Ridge View
Quote:

There are currently 4 top 15 teams in Region IV.

Region II has been that way since I can remember (5 or 6 years). And it got even worse this year with realignment.

I still say that it really shouldn't matter when it comes right down to it. If they are the best, then they should be able to beat them regardless of how soon they see them in the playoffs.
Quote:

Quote:

There are currently 4 top 15 teams in Region IV.

Region II has been that way since I can remember (5 or 6 years). And it got even worse this year with realignment.

I still say that it really shouldn't matter when it comes right down to it. If they are the best, then they should be able to beat them regardless of how soon they see them in the playoffs.

So you'll beat Riverside?
Did I claim to be the best?
The difference with Region IV is that by the SCHSL decision makers' wisdom, the 3, 4, and 5 seed have to play in the lower state brackets of the playoffs even though Region IV is an upper state region. So the #3 seed has to face a #1 seed in the first round instead of the normal #2.
ok
Like Jonathan said Coach P and you should know this... It doesn't matter what seed you are and what seed you'll be playing. If your the best then you're the best and no one not even the #1 seed can beat you.
Quote:

Like Jonathan said Coach P and you should know this... It doesn't matter what seed you are and what seed you'll be playing. If your the best then you're the best and no one not even the #1 seed can beat you.

No argument with the fact that you have to beat the best to be the best. Remember Jonathan started this with his "excitement" with the prospect of facing Riverside in the first round. But if we took your viewpoint literally, why have seedings? Apparently the SCHSL is having 3 Region IV teams travel to the lower state to face #1 seeds rather than have the 5 seeds from Regions I, II, & IV travel to the lower state to face #1 seeds. So that means the Region IV #3 seed has to travel to #1 Wando in the first round rather than #2 Clover or Spartanburg. Yes, you have to beat the best to win it all, but the normal process is not being followed this year.
It sounds like you guys are saying that it's OK for Jonathan to comment about who he has to play in the first round (possibly Riverside) but it's not OK for me to point out the inequity of having 3 Region IV teams travel to the lower state and screw up the seeding system just to avoid having a Region I team and a Region II team travel to the lower state.
All of you have left out 1 glaring error from the AAAA soccer playoff pairings. The 5th seed from Region I is paired with the 2nd seed from Region III.

So whereas Jonathan and 4th seed Easley may get a nice helping of Riverside in the first round, 5th place Westside will get a Spartanburg/Clover team that is not nearly as strong.

If I were a region I team, and I wanted to make it further in the playoffs, my smartest path would be to throw nearly every game, beat Laurens and Woodmont, and finish 5th. Anyone I face as the 5th seed is going to be better than being region champion.

Another point of interest is the phrase being thrown around, "to be the best, you have to beat the best". I don't think teams like Westside and Easley are sitting around pontificating whether or not they are the best team in the state.

In the near decade that I coached at Westside, I constantly struggled against Jonathan to make the playoffs. For about the last 5 years, the SCHSL has been to lazy to change the pairings for AAAA girls soccer. Needless to say, there were years where I would have loved for my girls to have the opportunity to face Spring Valley or Fort Mill in the first round, instead of Mauldin.

Did I hope to win state? No. Did the repetitiveness of facing a team as strong as Mauldin demoralize my girls before the game was even played? Yes. Would playing a team they knew nothing about have presented a more level playing field, given the propensity of girls to "know where they stand" in terms of being able to determine whether or not they really have a chance to upset a stronger team? Yes.

Some teams are only happy to win it all, while other teams are just happy to be invited to the dance.
I'm not exactly sure what you are saying but I think I agree. Maybe a play-in system where the 4 seeds play each other would be better.

Your point about the smartest path to stay in the playoffs longer also applies to Region IV. The 4 seed has a chance to make it to the third round while the 3 seed has less of a chance to make it past Wando in the first round. So should a Region IV team consider throwing a game or two to finish 4th instead of 3rd?

The other side of this is that #1 Wando has to face a tougher team in the first round (say Dutch Fork or Blythewood) than in the second or third round. What if one of them knocks them out in the first round rather than in a later round? Is that desirable?

Regardless of the "you have to play them sometime" comments, I think we all want to hang around as long as we can in the playoffs.
The Blythewood vs. Lexington match originally scheduleded for Wednesday, March 30, has been rescheduled for May 5 at 6:00 PM at Blythewood.
Coach P: I guess Blythewood and DF have no chance of finishing 1st or 2nd in Region IV???
Quote:

Coach P: I guess Blythewood and DF have no chance of finishing 1st or 2nd in Region IV???

Of course they do. I was just using a hypothetical example where one of those would be third. I could have just as easily said Spring Valley or Irmo. As you know the Region IV race is wide open now with 4 teams within a game of first place.

Sheeesh! Everyones attacking everything I say today!

As Shibumi would say, note the smiley.
Ya think someone is fishing for fodder for the locker room wall at your expense????
Quote:

Ya think someone is fishing for fodder for the locker room wall at your expense????

Not Morabito! Never!
Coach P - May 5th or April 5th? I thought playoffs started that week...
Easy Coach P
Quote:

Coach P - May 5th or April 5th? I thought playoffs started that week...

The Blythewood vs. Lexington game is rescheduled for Thursday, May 5. The next day, May 6, is the deadline for reporting playoff qualifiers and the playoffs begin on Monday, May 9.
Quote:

Some teams are only happy to win it all, while other teams are just happy to be invited to the dance.

Very true statement...every team should have a chance at accomplishments, no matter what level of accomplishments those may be.
I just heard that tonight's Irmo-Dutch Fork match has been postponed to next Tuesday. Can someone from one of those schools confirm?
At Ashley Ridge

Beaufort 2
Ashley Ridge 1

39:00 Claire Martin (Julian Damude)
42:00 Ashley Ridge #14
57:00 Elise Dean (Claire Martin)
@ White Knoll

White Knoll 0
Lexington 1
Anymore info on that game keepermom?
Neither team really dominated. Second half WK came out harder than first half and had at least 2 shots barely sail over cross bar and one that hit and bounced off. Pretty evenly matched....and a fairly clean game considering the history and roughness of past games.
Thanks
@ CCES

Christ Church 5
St. Joe's 1
@ Northwestern (on a very soggy track)

Northwestern 1
Clover 0
@ York

York 0
Nation Ford 5
@ Woodmont
Hillcrest 6
Woodmont 0

Goals: Nelson 2, DeVita, Duncan, K. Younts, S. Younts
Assist: DeVita
Pickens 3, Greenville Tech Charter 1
@Pickens
Wow!! Great win for the Trojans! They are getting better and better each year. Any details on the game. Were the effects of Mother Nature on their side to slow down the Clover forwards?
@ Waccamaw

Acadmic Magnet 7
Waccamaw 0
4/2/11

SOCCER FOR A CURE

Brookland-Cayce 4-6 Ridge View
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Halftime: BC 0-3 RV.
Barnwell 0
Bishop England 2

1-0 at the half
Good hard fought match for both teams. We were able to finish on a set piece in the first half. Very proud of my back 3 who defended well all game. Good luck to Clover the rest of the way.
© SC Soccer