SC Soccer
Posted By: Captain Hindsight End of an Era - 05/07/11 07:26 PM
Just like that the playoffs start Monday. Will the upstate sweep the titles or will the power teams from the midlands and low country still their thunder. Although the crowds will be small at most of the games; the passion and intensity will be huge. Not much time left for me on the blogging scene since my daughter will be graduating. Alas, I will fade away and go back to making friends and frenemies. Going to take time for my Riverside frenemies to forgive and recover. I completely understand.
But one thing is definite. It is the end of an era for some original CESA players. Those who were there at the beginning and some at the end. This is an interesting time for the CESA staff. Will the CESA tormenters fade away and finally allow peace at the CESA camp or will the ghosts of CESA parents past continue to haunt them for years to come.
Will ECNL generate a new batch of bashers or create a new and improved machine. You may respond to this thread but I will not take personal calls because " Frankly my dear, I don't give a d---" For I am a coward I hear.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: End of an Era - 05/07/11 07:45 PM
Quote:

Just like that the playoffs start Monday. Will the upstate sweep the titles or will the power teams from the midlands and low country still their thunder. Although the crowds will be small at most of the games; the passion and intensity will be huge. Not much time left for me on the blogging scene since my daughter will be graduating. Alas, I will fade away and go back to making friends and frenemies. Going to take time for my Riverside frenemies to forgive and recover. I completely understand.
But one thing is definite. It is the end of an era for some original CESA players. Those who were there at the beginning and some at the end. This is an interesting time for the CESA staff. Will the CESA tormenters fade away and finally allow peace at the CESA camp or will the ghosts of CESA parents past continue to haunt them for years to come.
Will ECNL generate a new batch of bashers or create a new and improved machine. You may respond to this thread but I will not take personal calls because " Frankly my dear, I don't give a d---" For I am a coward I hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQ8N1KacJc
Posted By: DeltaDog Re: End of an Era - 05/07/11 07:58 PM
That's true Patriot. When the season is over and Regionals done, except for a straggler or two the last members of St. Giles and GFC select teams will finally leave the building.
Posted By: gbdawgs Re: End of an Era - 05/07/11 08:10 PM
Quote:

Well since your one of the bashers what are you going to do? I can't picture you leaving the board, you know there's way too much good material that still hasn't been posted.
Posted By: scwame Re: End of an Era - 05/07/11 09:52 PM
Shoot Patriot I figure you will just move out of the high school forum into the college forum. After all except for some of the Riverside original St.Giles/GFC players, most of the others will still be in SC or nearby. For all our sake, hopefully the refs will be more to your liking.
Posted By: Bomber Re: End of an Era - 05/08/11 11:31 AM
St. Giles, GFC, oh those were the days. But no, I am not going to get started...

It's Mothers Day, I am going to be nice...

Posted By: Soccerpop Re: End of an Era - 05/08/11 01:38 PM
Scwame, do they allow cussing and yelling from parents in the stands at PC soccer matches?
Posted By: Captain Hindsight Re: End of an Era - 05/08/11 02:37 PM
Bout to find out
Posted By: Keep it fair Re: End of an Era - 05/09/11 01:03 AM
Quote:

Scwame, do they allow cussing and yelling from parents in the stands at PC soccer matches?

Sadly, YES!
Posted By: scwame Re: End of an Era - 05/09/11 12:05 PM
SoccerPop, Patriot can always go sit in the stands at a Furman University match - I think there is a cheer that would be to his liking.
Posted By: Soccerpop Re: End of an Era - 05/09/11 04:01 PM
I believe you are correct on that one. I think we heard that cheer over at Mann last Monday.
Posted By: Captain Hindsight Re: End of an Era - 05/09/11 05:45 PM
F U one time. Hose you one time. Nope. Doesn't work.
Posted By: Always Right Re: End of an Era - 05/09/11 06:08 PM
Quote:

F U one time. Hose you one time. Nope. Doesn't work.

You know, there is an old wives' tale that notes Furman University changed its nickname from Christian Knights to Paladins! The ever popular "cheer", "Let's go F-?-?-?" had to be squashed at the Southern Baptist school and thus Paladins was adopted.

I am sure that PC has some similar "Scotsman" lore in their Blue Hose history.
Posted By: Captain Hindsight Re: End of an Era - 05/09/11 07:29 PM
Shame. I would have attended more games. Could be worse. Could have gone to Austin peay. Lets go Peay.
© SC Soccer