SC Soccer
Be sure to add these results and upcoming matches to the Eurosport Scoreboard as well!

http://www.eurosportscoreboard.com/page_state.php?s=SC
what happens if ref's no show? Is it the home team to forfeit? Refs no-showed Clover/Hillcrest.
Mauldin 7
Easley 0

Refs came from a Ft Mill game to ref clover/Hillcrest. Should start any minute.
Eastside 8
York 1
Pelion 6
Governor's School 0
Blythewood 4-0 Northwestern

Goals:
11' - Jamie Morris (Abby Mayes)
45' - Abby Mayes (Savannah Purvis, Jamie Morris)
58' - Savannah Purvis (Lee Ferrell)
73' - Kalyn Wall (Samantha Tucker)
Myrtle Beach 3
AC Flora 0
5/9/11

At The Reservation...

Riverside-9
Greenwood-0
Airport 5
NMB 1

BC 3
Socastee 0
Camden 9
Cane Bay 0
ST. James 3
Dreher 0
Gilbert 5 or 6 (Sorry, I lost count)
Lewisville 0
Greenville 5
South Pointe 0
@ irmo

Irmo 4
Lancaster 0
SA 2 (#4 seed)
Beaufort 1 (#1 seed)
@ West Florence
Dutch Fork 4
WF 1
Fort Mill 3
Travelers Rest 0
Mann 2
Wren 0
Emerald 3
Indian Land 1
Swansea 14
Burke 0
White Knoll 4
Ashley Ridge 0
Nation Ford 2
Wade Hampton 1

What a game this must have been! 1-1 after regulation. No goal in double overtime (2x 10 min + 2 x 5 min). Pk's still even after 5 kicks each.
Nation Ford won the game with the 8th penalty shot.

I also heard that Nation Ford had to finish the game with 10 players only because of a red card.
@Clover
Clover 2-0 Hillcrest
Better punch that address in the gps Patriot, comin' to Clover
Barnwell 10
Timberland 0
At Crestwood

Crestwood 0
Bluffton 2

Congratulations to Coach Mike Manning and his team on the first playoff win in school history!
Any update on Wando/Spring Valley?
@ Summerville

After 110 minutes,
Aiken 2
Summerville 2
Aiken wins on PKs, 4-2, 4 taken

Hard-fought game; both teams with plenty of chances in regulation, overtime and golden-goal.
Pickens 3
Chapman 1

@Chapman
Berkeley 8
Hartsville 0
Quote:

At Crestwood

Crestwood 0
Bluffton 2

Congratulations to Coach Mike Manning and his team on the first playoff win in school history!

Bluffton is on the rise...I could tell a big difference between the first time we saw them and the match at the end of the season. Congrats...that first one feels great!
Landrum @ Greenville Tech Charter High School

Landrum - 0

GTCHS - 5
From my reporter at the field, Walhalla 1 - 0 Chapin. Walhalla scores with 6 seconds left in second 5 min. OT. Chapin by far the better team except on the scoreboard.
Quote:

From my reporter at the field, Walhalla 1 - 0 Chapin. Walhalla scores with 6 seconds left in second 5 min. OT. Chapin by far the better team except on the scoreboard.

Shocker!

Had to be the game of the night!
Quote:

Quote:

Shocker!

Woman of the match - Walhalla Keeper - She made several great saves and someone said she holds school record for most shutouts.
TL Hanna 1:0 Dorman

Hanna had several chances from the very beginning but Dorman hung in there. Katie Bryan finally knocked one in with 8 minutes remaining.

What gives with Wando/Spring Valley? The game isn't even listed on the scoreboard.
I assume Spartanburg is up next for Hanna but the Spartanburg/Woodmont game is also not listed on the scoreboard.
Spartanburg vs Woodmont

http://www.goupstate.com/article/2011050...4A-girls-soccer
Quote:

@Clover
Clover 2-0 Hillcrest
Better punch that address in the gps Patriot, comin' to Clover

poor hillcrest had to stay 6 hours in Clover. Nightmare
I bet they are already working on the welcome they will give The Patriot when he arrives.
Fear the Clover
AT WADE HAMPTON WH 3 AYNOR 1
West Ashley 8 Sumter 0
Game recap in link below:

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/10/wildcats-romp/
Wando 5 - 1 Spring Valley

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/10/warriors-roll-to-kick-off-playoff-bid/
AAAA 2nd Round Matchups with host team listed first:

TL Hanna (7) vs. Spartanburg (10)
Mauldin (3) vs. Blythewood (8) – 7:00 PM
Clover (6) vs. JL Mann (11)
Irmo (5) vs. Riverside (4)
Lexington (2) vs. West Ashley (12) – 7:00 PM
James Island (NR) vs. South Aiken (NR)
Wando (1) vs. White Knoll (13)
Aiken (NR) vs. Dutch Fork (NR)

Based on the rankings, Irmo-Riverside might be the best matchup of the second round.
I doubt Clover has ever visited Mann. May not be used to their fans "Mannitude". Mann fans when traveling bring it with them.

Hmmmmmmmm...
Lest we forget...

how to play fair...right?
Alright Coach P, it's time for the midlands to show what they've got. Mauldin vs. Mauldin should be fun and tell the big man I have a steak dinner waiting on him if he can pull this one off!!!

Quote:

AAAA 2nd Round Matchups with host team listed first:

TL Hanna (7) vs. Spartanburg (10)
Mauldin (3) vs. Blythewood (8) – 7:00 PM
Clover (6) vs. JL Mann (11)
Irmo (5) vs. Riverside (4)
Lexington (2) vs. West Ashley (12) – 7:00 PM
James Island (NR) vs. South Aiken (NR)
Wando (1) vs. White Knoll (13)
Aiken (NR) vs. Dutch Fork (NR)

Based on the rankings, Irmo-Riverside might be the best matchup of the second round.

Quote:

Alright Coach P, it's time for the midlands to show what they've got. Mauldin vs. Mauldin should be fun and tell the big man I have a steak dinner waiting on him if he can pull this one off!!

What about the little man?
Lexington and West Ashley should be interesting..
Hey, if you guys pull that one off there will be LOTS of coaches lining up to buy you and Mike steak dinners!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Alright Coach P, it's time for the midlands to show what they've got. Mauldin vs. Mauldin should be fun and tell the big man I have a steak dinner waiting on him if he can pull this one off!!

Quote:

Quote:

A game between mauldin Vs mauldin; I'll take mauldin every time.
Quote:

I doubt Clover has ever visited Mann. May not be used to their fans "Mannitude". Mann fans when traveling bring it with them.

Hmmmmmmmm...

Hate to break this to you soccerpop but riverside game is the only game that brings out our mannitude. Well behaved every where else. Why is that?
Thanks ,finally someone I can agree with!!
@pinewood
Pinewood 7
Ben Lippen 1
Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmm...

Hate to break this to you soccerpop but riverside game is the only game that brings out our mannitude. Well behaved every where else. Why is that?

Hmmm, I am going to have to check that one out with Mavsoccerdad and Scwame.

Hmmmm...
Region III-AAAA All Region Team

Alissa Pantuosco – Clover
Taylor Patti – Clover
Samantha Satterlee – Clover
Kylie Allen – Clover
Samantha Prytulak – Clover
Naomi Matley – Clover

Patriot-you've got to get through some All-Stars tonight.
Can't cover that many
Brackets on the SCHSL website seem to be half-updated...after refreshing the page, there are still games from Monday night that have not been updated in the bracket on Wednesday, even though some have been posted here and on Eurosport. What's the reporting process to update the brackets?
I am very sad. Losing in the first round.
I think the AD or coach has to report to the high school league. This site and high school league are 2 different entities. That is probably why the brackets are not updated.
Yep, knew they were separate but just didn't know what the process was to report to the SCHSL. I was surprised when B-C had one of the games not showing up on the League bracket--I know those guys are on top of things!
Quote:

Quote:

Shocker!

Tough way to lose! But my vote for the game of that night would have to go to Nation Ford vs Wade Hampton. One of my previous club players on WHHS told me that they had to take 14 (!) penalty kicks before NF advanced. Ouch!
Did she say how the PK's were ended? Did they miss or did NaFo keeper stop one (she is a pretty good keeper) just wondering how it ended?
NF scored on the 16th kick from the mark (8 each). At that point it was 1 to 1. WH had their shot(miss)and then NF put one in.
What happened to West Florence, they somehow win their region and can't win against a #4? Appears no one made it out of R6.
Someone posted on 4A thread for playoffs that West Florence had practice on Sunday and lost one of their better players..did not report who it was..so that could have hurt them against dutch fork...i don't think the region is that strong otherwise with conway, carolina forest, sumter, etc.
West Florence was down this year, they lost 7 senior starters from last year and then lost 3 starters to injuries, including their second best player on Sunday. They will struggle again next season with 5 more seniors leaving this year, including Alexa Gainey. Carolina Forest will probably be the favorite in region 6 the next few years.
@ Academic Magnet

AMHS 13
Wade Hampton 1
Quote:

Someone posted on 4A thread for playoffs that West Florence had practice on Sunday and lost one of their better players..did not report who it was..so that could have hurt them against dutch fork...i don't think the region is that strong otherwise with conway, carolina forest, sumter, etc.

I believe the hurt player was Callie Mills who tore her ACL. She is/was an ODP player for the 1995 team.
Round 2 at Gilbert 1A/2A on 5/11

Gilbert 3
Greenville Tech 1
At St. James...

St. James 3
Berkeley 1

Great season had to end somewhere. We weren't ready getting off the bus...gave up a breakaway goal in the first minute and a nice crossing shot 3 minutes later. Proud the girls composed themselves and ended the half 2-1. Good luck to a very talented St. James team!
@ Christ Church

Christ Church 6
Emerald 0
At Hilton Head

Hilton Head 2
Myrtle Beach 0
5/11/11
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Brookland-Cayce 2-0 Bluffton
Records: B-C (16-6-2); B (5-15).
@ James Island

South Aiken 7
James Island 0

If Lexington wins tonight, South Aiken would travel to Lexington on Friday. The teams have met twice this year already, with Lexington winning by a goal both times; once in overtime, and once 1-0. Great win for the Lady T-Breds, probably the best example of any team in the state that got "healthy" at the right time.

Last week this same South Aiken team was facing a must win match vs a North Augusta team they had already lost to, just to have a chance to make the playoffs, now they're in the 3rd round. Talk about turnarounds, what a difference a week (and 4 straight wins) can make!
Mauldin 2
Blythewood 0
@Barnwell

Barnwell 1
Waccamaw 0

Half- 1-0
Eastside 4
Seneca 1
@ Fort Mill

Fort Mill 2
Pickens 0
After two hours waiting for lightning and rain to stop, the field was flooded and unplayable.
Greenville @Walhalla: rained out

Rescheduled as double-header for tomorrow 5/12:
5:30 pm Girls match
7:30 pm Boys match
Swansea 11
Hanahan 0
Wando 7
White Knoll 0

Wando hosts Round 3 Friday
Airport 5- Camden 1
Lex. 2 WA 1
@Aiken

DF 5 Aiken 0
Go Foxes! Now it's payback time vs Wando. You can do it!!
@ BR

Blue Ridge 0
Nation Ford 2 (OT)

Lady Falcons get a goal in each extra stanza.
@Irmo
Riverside-6
Irmo-0
TL Hanna 2:1 Spartanburg

Whale of a game between two VERY similar teams. Spartanburg scored first and Hanna did not equalize until very late in regulation. Chelsea Drennan scored that one. The teams played very even in the overtime, but Summer Miller of Hanna was able to knock in the winner with very little time left in the 2nd overtime period. Now it is off to Mauldin ONCE AGAIN.
Hurst, where is that Clover score? Only 4A I am missing here!
From a reliable source:

@ Clover

Clover 0
JL Mann 1
Interesting group of fans from Blythewood. Both of them were very well spoken. Weak on the rules of the game, but very well spoken. Urging their seniors to earn Red Cards in the final minutes of the contest says a lot about Mommy and Daddy Bengal...
Quote:

Airport 5- Camden 1

Camden is much improved from last year's playoff game with Airport. Their girls played with a lot of heart. Score at half was 1-0 Airport. India Robinson scored the lone Camden goal. I think this was the first time Camden had lost this year with her playing? She will do well at Furman next year and congrats to Camden on a great season.
TO THE GODFATHER: You won. Isn't that good enough. No need to denegrate the opposing team's fans.
Quote:

From a reliable source:

@ Clover

Clover 0
JL Mann 1

Soccerpop heard there was some "Clovertude" going on tonight. Woaaaaa!!!
Sounds like the NaFo girls are finding a way to win tough games! Call it luck, karma, skill, or hard work what ever you want, but it makes them a very dangerous team. They may just start to think they can do this and who knows what happens then!
Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmm...

Patriot, are you sure of this. I heard that you was chased down after the match for a SPECIAL match. I hear Mann won the soccer match 1-0 but more importantly who won the special match after Pantousco's father chased you down? You have been very quite. No post since the match!!
Quote:

TO THE GODFATHER: You won. Isn't that good enough. No need to denegrate the opposing team's fans.

The Red card cheers were sad indicator of their mindset. Their girls played a hard fought game. Weathered an early barrage of shots on goal. They were very efficient in their half of the field, very high percentage of shots and corners per possession.
The goalie made some awesome saves...
That said, it doesn't excuse the attitude. I'm just calling out their fans on their comments and general lack of knowledge for the rules of the game. I'm guessing, but cheering for your daughter to get a red card is probably a place you haven't gone before….
Fort Mill moves on to third round of playoffs
The (Rock Hill) Herald
May 12, 2011
by Mac Banks

http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/05/12/3061984/fort-mill-moves-on-to-third-round.html
Sluggish Clover can't overcome goal as JL Mann advances
The (Rock Hill) Herald
May 12, 2011
by Darin Gantt

http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/05/12/3061979/sluggish-clover-cant-overcome.html
Quote:

Interesting group of fans from Blythewood. Both of them were very well spoken. Weak on the rules of the game, but very well spoken. Urging their seniors to earn Red Cards in the final minutes of the contest says a lot about Mommy and Daddy Bengal...

I think your comments about the Blythewood fans are unfair to a great group of parents and supporters I have come to know at Blythewood. The entire program, athletic department, and booster clubs at Blythewood are top notch and first rate. There were quite a few more than two Blythewood fans at the game last night. I saw and spoke with a dozen or so who were still there by the time I made it across the field and up the steps of the stadium. While I certainly did not hear anyone yelling for our players to commit red card type of misconduct, I admit I don't hear everything our fans say. But I think you are unfairly judging a lot of soccer-knowledgeable Blythewood fans based on things you heard from two people. We have eight senior players who played their last match last night, most of whom have played competitive soccer since they were very young. Some have played at the highest club levels including the Regional Premier League and those parents certainly know and understand the game.

I want to say that we appreciated the gracious hosting by Coach Czar, Coach Frady, the athletic trainer, and everyone else at Mauldin who welcomed us. It was a great game and we wish the Lady Mavs the best in their remaining playoff matches.
Quote:

5/11/11
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Brookland-Cayce 2-0 Bluffton
Records: B-C (16-6-2); B (5-15).

Who was #9 from Bluffton. Great player!
Even though my pictures were BC centric, she kept showing up in them.
If no colleges are looking at her....they need to be.

is bluffton record really 5-15?
I went up to congratulate her after the game on a great effort!

#9 is a freshman and I believe said her last name was McCracken???

Very good player with a bright future!
#9 is Naomi McCracken. Awesome young lady who is a great player and an even better person!
It is indeed. In his first year as head coach Mike Manning has had to completely change the mindset and culture at Bluffton High. He made it a priority to schedule tougher oppostion this year and it seems that the girls are finally buying in to his system. Definitely has the ship pointed in the right direction!
thanks for the info on the team and good luck in the future.
Quote:

Gracious in victory as always those Mighty Mavs. Perhaps Blythwood was expecting to play a game with their feet and could not fully appreciate the thug brand of soccer. I hope you are as gracious when you make your annual trek to Columbia to be taken care of by Wando when the game is called differently.
Quote:

@Barnwell

Barnwell 1
Waccamaw 0

Half- 1-0

Impressive
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmm...

Patriot, are you sure of this. I heard that you was chased down after the match for a SPECIAL match. I hear Mann won the soccer match 1-0 but more importantly who won the special match after Pantousco's father chased you down? You have been very quite. No post since the match!!

Patriot, I can assure you no matter what the outcome of Friday night's game is, we won't be waiting at the gate for you at the reservation. Just another "Upstate Final 4". TL Hanna, Mauldin, JL Mann, Riverside. Some things never change!!!
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/12/wando-dominates-white-knoll/

The PK taken by WK was for a hand ball just inside the box when the ball bounced up into Wando player's elbow. Awesome save by Amelia Henderson!
Bluffton was 13-7 last year versus 5-15 this year and someone is saying that the new coach has instilled a new mindset???

Last year Bluffton beat Berkeley, this year they lost to the Lady Stags.

So if going from winning 6 more than you lose, to losing 10 more than you win is "pointing the ship in the right direction", then kudos to the captain!

And if Bluffton is SO much better than they were last year, and kids are FINALLY buying into the program (how can you finally buy into a program after only one year, really?) then the real credit goes to... Coach Chass, who somehow was able to mastermind an actual turnaround and defeat this new and improved Bluffton powerhouse.

Undue praise is equal to undue criticism. It only serves to cloud the mind of the recipient.

Losing 2-0 to BC seems like a good result given Bluffton's record, give the girls and coach credit for a game well played.

Also, give credit to the new coach for scheduling a much tougher schedule than in previous years. But if those girls go 5-15 the next two years, either they'll lose interest in soccer, the coach will change mindsets and schedule more winnable matches, or the coach won't be around much longer.

Look at Byrnes or Richland Northeast for examples of how playing top level competition every year can burn a program out. Those schools have more talent than some AAAA schools that make the playoffs every year, but tough regions and tough non-region opponents have taken their toll on once strong programs.
Not sure I would use Byrnes as an example of a program that was burned out by playing top level competition.

First and foremost, parents at Byrnes got what they wanted in a new coach and a new direction for the soccer program. Getting rid of a very good coach that brought success to the program and he was competitive in most games they played in was the biggest mistake Byrnes made.

Secondly, Byrnes has lost some talent that past years and the talent coming up is very young and not as strong as in the past.
I would figure the AD thought about this, and did not make a knee jerk decision. It was his daughters senior year.
I am glad to know that you are able to simply compare the win-loss records of two seasons and gain instant insight into the quality of and direction in which a team is headed. Perhaps you may consider consulting with Coach Chass as to my "undue praise". Praise is certainly due to Coach Chass for the season he has had and I for one don't see the need to demean the work of one to praise another but that's up to you.

Regardless of what you think the Bluffton program is on the rise. I know this because several of these girls played on my club team and I know the quality of the coach due to the fact that he coached my daughter's club team. Mike has lost several talented players who would not commit to doing things the right way.

Quote:

Bluffton was 13-7 last year versus 5-15 this year and someone is saying that the new coach has instilled a new mindset???

Last year Bluffton beat Berkeley, this year they lost to the Lady Stags.

So if going from winning 6 more than you lose, to losing 10 more than you win is "pointing the ship in the right direction", then kudos to the captain!

And if Bluffton is SO much better than they were last year, and kids are FINALLY buying into the program (how can you finally buy into a program after only one year, really?) then the real credit goes to... Coach Chass, who somehow was able to mastermind an actual turnaround and defeat this new and improved Bluffton powerhouse.

Undue praise is equal to undue criticism. It only serves to cloud the mind of the recipient.

Losing 2-0 to BC seems like a good result given Bluffton's record, give the girls and coach credit for a game well played.

Also, give credit to the new coach for scheduling a much tougher schedule than in previous years. But if those girls go 5-15 the next two years, either they'll lose interest in soccer, the coach will change mindsets and schedule more winnable matches, or the coach won't be around much longer.

Look at Byrnes or Richland Northeast for examples of how playing top level competition every year can burn a program out. Those schools have more talent than some AAAA schools that make the playoffs every year, but tough regions and tough non-region opponents have taken their toll on once strong programs.

I feel I need to respond in defense of Coach Manning, as someone who has faced his team twice at different points in the season and who can also compare this year's team with last year's.

Last year's Bluffton team was, as we saw them, a straight-ahead team of hard knocks. We got there late after a 2-1/2 hour bus ride with less than 20 minutes to get off the bus and warm up; long story short, we were sluggish, never truly "got off the bus," and got run over by a team that aggressively went after the ball and took it straight down our throats.

In our first meeting with Coach Manning's team this year, at the season's start, both teams were still finding their groove, and there was still a lot of that straight-ahead, long-ball play. I criticized my team for getting drawn into a game of kickball in the second half, and we settled into our passing control game to pull off the win in OT.

At the end of season meeting, we went in feeling that we were playing much better soccer than we had a month or two before...but when we got to Bluffton, we found that they were playing a whole different brand of soccer as well. Speed of play had improved, passing, ball touches, and team shape had improved, and there were several instances where they were slicing and dicing us with passes where before they were relying on straight-ahead speed and physicality. We went into that game a better team than we were before, and they still gave us everything we could handle, even finding a way to get a ball in the net after a red card left them short-handed. They weren't just better at what they did--they were doing better things.

Bluffton did play a very tough schedule this year, and their record reflects that, but the result of the season in the pressure cooker, so to speak, was obvious to me. The competition has made them better, and they have stepped up not only their effort but their tactics to reflect that competition. That's the kind of mindset change that Sconners is talking about...where you take your lumps until you learn to do it right, but then you come out the other side as a different level of team.

At Berkeley we've had plenty of those years of similar records as Bluffton's 2011 season, with the likes of Wando, Summerville, West Ashley, James Island, etc. filling our schedules in their heyday of success. I think it's made us a stronger team in the end, and I think again that's the mindset Coach Manning is trying to create at Bluffton.

Next year should be very interesting.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmm...

Patriot, I can assure you no matter what the outcome of Friday night's game is, we won't be waiting at the gate for you at the reservation. Just another "Upstate Final 4". TL Hanna, Mauldin, JL Mann, Riverside. Some things never change!!!

Patriot, if you are concerned about your safety at Away soccer matches, over at The Reservation we offer on a game by game basis and for only a $1750 rental fee, a secured Suite located in the Press Box area. Please make the check payable to Soccerpop.

Just let me know if you would like it for Friday's match.
Quote:

@Irmo
Riverside-6
Irmo-0

anyone have a game summary here?
There sure is a lot of Dad on Dad action on this forum. I find it gross myself but to each their own, don't ask/don't tell, and all that. I suppose there are websites, local watering holes, magazines, parades, and all other forms of stimuli that support this kind of behavior. I never imagined it would be a girl's soccer forum that would be the next attempt to gain social acceptance for this though.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmm...

Patriot, if you are concerned about your safety at Away soccer matches, over at The Reservation we offer on a game by game basis and for only a $1750 rental fee, a secured Suite located in the Press Box area. Please make the check payable to Soccerpop.

Has anyone seen or heard from Patriot today? Maybe his GPS could get him to Clover but not back to Greenville!! Or maybe the other Mann fans couldn't keep the Chiuaua off of the toy poodle. Maybe they are still locked up snarling and barking at each other!!! Maybe one is scared and the other one is GLAD of it!!

Good Luck to all the remaining Teams!!!
Anyone know the results of the Bishop England game last night?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmm...

Has anyone seen or heard from Patriot today? Maybe his GPS could get him to Clover but not back to Greenville!! Or maybe the other Mann fans couldn't keep the Chiuaua off of the toy poodle. Maybe they are still locked up snarling and barking at each other!!! Maybe one is scared and the other one is GLAD of it!!

Good Luck to all the remaining Teams!!!

Shhh. over here. behind the bushes. someone come get me.
Quote:

Quote:

@Irmo
Riverside-6
Irmo-0

Curious as well, figured this would be a much closer game.
Quote:

Anyone know the results of the Bishop England game last night?

BE 8
Pelion 0
Post deleted by patriot
Anyone know who NaFo girls play tomorrow night?
Quote:

There sure is a lot of Dad on Dad action on this forum. I find it gross myself but to each their own, don't ask/don't tell, and all that. I suppose there are websites, local watering holes, magazines, parades, and all other forms of stimuli that support this kind of behavior. I never imagined it would be a girl's soccer forum that would be the next attempt to gain social acceptance for this though.

What do you do when you are watching TV and something comes on you don't care to watch? Do you just sit there and watch it?

Nooooooo, you change the channnel.
Quote:

winner of Greenville/Walhalla game postponed to tonight.
Quote:

Quote:

What do you do when you are watching TV and something comes on you don't care to watch? Do you just sit there and watch it?

So shut up and play or take your ball and go home. This is for parents who don't mind a little ribbing (and also scores since the paper doesn't follow.). Made my mistake early on and learned from it. Took my tongue lashing like a little man.Sensitve M- Fing people in the world. By the way coaches. Sins of the father don't usually reflect the child. Separate the two in the future and maybe you'll have more subs at upcoming tournaments. I may kick Soccerpops butt Friday but his daughter is cool. I hate Hannah for 80 min but she is alright by me after. I'm going to yell at the refs after the 5th direct kick by Riverside Friday but its not the parents fault. Mauldin sucks cause they wont let us score. Not their problem. Also if you want to avoid backlash by immature people like me remember the word "one". My son is the best baseball player in the state.Problem. My son is "one" of the best in the state. no problem. see how it works.
The way I operate: "If you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything at all."

Like everybody else on these boards, I have issues with many elements of high school and club soccer.....

.....but in an effort to maintain "civility" on these message boards, I try my best to use my filter. (It has failed me a couple of times in the past. I've learned from my mistakes.)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So shut up and play or take your ball and go home. This is for parents who don't mind a little ribbing (and also scores since the paper doesn't follow.). Made my mistake early on and learned from it. Took my tongue lashing like a little man.Sensitve M- Fing people in the world. By the way coaches. Sins of the father don't usually reflect the child. Separate the two in the future and maybe you'll have more subs at upcoming tournaments. I may kick Soccerpops butt Friday but his daughter is cool. I hate Hannah for 80 min but she is alright by me after. I'm going to yell at the refs after the 5th direct kick by Riverside Friday but its not the parents fault. Mauldin sucks cause they wont let us score. Not their problem. Also if you want to avoid backlash by immature people like me remember the word "one". My son is the best baseball player in the state.Problem. My son is "one" of the best in the state. no problem. see how it works.

Great post. Looking forward to your visit to The Reservation Friday. It should be another good one.
Quote:

The way I operate: "If you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything at all."

Like everybody else on these boards, I have issues with many elements of high school and club soccer.....

.....but in an effort to maintain "civility" on these message boards, I try my best to use my filter. (It has failed me a couple of times in the past. I've learned from my mistakes.)

Hurst66,
If your filter has ever failed you on this message board, I certainly missed it or don't remember it. I've often marveled and admired how complimentary you are of other clubs,programs and players. And I have seldom, if ever, suspected of you any underlying self-serving agenda.
P.S. Good luck to your daughter and her team in play-offs.
Quote:

Quote:

I think your comments about the Blythewood fans are unfair to a great group of parents and supporters I have come to know at Blythewood. The entire program, athletic department, and booster clubs at Blythewood are top notch and first rate. There were quite a few more than two Blythewood fans at the game last night. I saw and spoke with a dozen or so who were still there by the time I made it across the field and up the steps of the stadium. While I certainly did not hear anyone yelling for our players to commit red card type of misconduct, I admit I don't hear everything our fans say. But I think you are unfairly judging a lot of soccer-knowledgeable Blythewood fans based on things you heard from two people. We have eight senior players who played their last match last night, most of whom have played competitive soccer since they were very young. Some have played at the highest club levels including the Regional Premier League and those parents certainly know and understand the game.

I want to say that we appreciated the gracious hosting by Coach Czar, Coach Frady, the athletic trainer, and everyone else at Mauldin who welcomed us. It was a great game and we wish the Lady Mavs the best in their remaining playoff matches.

Thanks Coach P (mr peabody). You said this a whole lot better than I did!!
Quote:

Quote:

Gracious in victory as always those Mighty Mavs. Perhaps Blythwood was expecting to play a game with their feet and could not fully appreciate the thug brand of soccer. I hope you are as gracious when you make your annual trek to Columbia to be taken care of by Wando when the game is called differently.

As I stated earlier, "The Red card cheers were sad indicator of their mindset. Their girls played a hard fought game. Weathered an early barrage of shots on goal. They were very efficient in their half of the field, very high percentage of shots and corners per possession.
The goalie made some awesome saves...
That said, it doesn't excuse the attitude. I'm just calling out their fans on their comments and general lack of knowledge for the rules of the game. I'm guessing, but cheering for your daughter to get a red card is probably a place you haven't gone before…."

No cards last night, two hard fouls, one committed by both teams. I think Coach P will agree the officiating was fair, allowed shoulders to move opposition off the ball and whistled extended arms and elbows. If that's too rough for you "Makeinthecall", there's always knitting but I'd suggest using the big needles so you don't hurt yourself!
Quote:

Such as??? ... Inquiring minds want to know.
Quote:

Quote:

Such as??? ... Inquiring minds want to know.

That has to be one of the coolest user names I have ever seen on these boards. Good job! Shame you can't fit it on a license plate!
Quote:

Quote:

Hurst66,
If your filter has ever failed you on this message board, I certainly missed it or don't remember it. I've often marveled and admired how complimentary you are of other clubs,programs and players. And I have seldom, if ever, suspected of you any underlying self-serving agenda.
P.S. Good luck to your daughter and her team in play-offs.

Thank you L&L. Tomorrow night will be a great atmosphere at FM but it will be a difficult task. Andy is a very good coach and he will have his girls prepared. If both teams play well, I think we are looking at a 1-goal game. Could go either way.
Anyone know the score of the Greenville vs. Walhalla game tonight?
@pinewood
Pinewood 6
Heathwood Hall 0

Pinewood will play Cardinal Newman For the SCISA III State title on Saturday @10:00 AM at Porter Gaud.
Quote:

Quote:

winner of Greenville/Walhalla game postponed to tonight.

Greenville girls are looking forward to an early dismissal to take the road trip to quarterfinal game at NaFo.

GREENVILLE 2
WALHALLA 0
They also should be excited to get to play in the shadow of the PTL Tower! NO trip to Fort Mill is complete without seeing that piece of history!
I dont think weve ever met but since you hate my daughter ,I guess I should reply!!First of all ,do you know Hannah??Again shes 18,she plays hard,she plays for her teammates,and could care less about making hatred part of her game!!Yea,I get emotional when I hear negative comments about her!!She has pretty much heard it all from opposing parents and teamates parents over the last 5 years of club and high school.We arent considered "locals"and have been treated that way,but again she says she could care less!!I would never sit here and say the things you do to get a laugh from your fellow Cesa haters!!Especially using teenagers as the punchline!!But again thats ok,cause ya see ,im the guy that takes pictures at the games so I will have the crosshairs on you tonite!!
My bad. I reported the wrong score for the Pinewood game.
Pinewood 5
Heathwood Hall 0
Quote:

Quote:

@Irmo
Riverside-6
Irmo-0

Curious as well, figured this would be a much closer game.

There was an own goal in the first 6 minutes. Then a miscommunication in the back on the second. The goal came around 20 minutes in. The game was pretty evenly matched at this point. There was a terrible missed offside call on a free kick for the third goal. The sideline ref agreed with me that the player was off when the ball was played. Instead of correcting the call he gave me a yellow card. That goal was the dagger. Everything after that was just pure fun for Riverside. We knew we would have to play a great game to have a chance of winning this game and we didn't. Riverside took every chance they had and capitalized on it. I am very proud of my girls for not ever giving up. We didn't play the way we wanted to but they left everything on the field that night up until the whistle blew. Riverside is a very good squad from top to bottom and wish them luck the rest of the way.
Quote:

Well I certainly don't start a tickle-fight on a message board if that's what you're asking. You don't see this kind of behavior in the boy's forum. This how you guys travel to the games?

Hands down, funniest post ever! Maybe a touch out-of-bounds, but funny.
Transplant, you are too M Fing sensitive. Don't you know it's perfectly OK to go after 18 year old girls.

Shut up and play- could not agree more. You don't see this on the boys forum. They feed off each other and their hatred of CESA. THey are seeing ghosts now. CESA is behind every door now- DISA tryouts, Problems in the Lowcountry, birther concerns.

It has officially become stupid. Great caption by the way- spot on.

Looks like Shutdown and one of his buddies flying over Sumter.
I disagree Harry. The hatas have raised the bar so high where it is almost impossible to go out of bounds.
Quote:

Transplant, you are too M Fing sensitive. Don't you know it's perfectly OK to go after 18 year old girls.

Shut up and play- could not agree more. You don't see this on the boys forum. They feed off each other and their hatred of CESA. THey are seeing ghosts now. CESA is behind every door now- DISA tryouts, Problems in the Lowcountry, birther concerns.

It has officially become stupid. Great caption by the way- spot on.

CESA? I think you live in some sort of paranoid parallel universe where they only serve cheeseburgers and talk about King Hislop and Queen Tormey. We're talking about the Boy's High School Soccer forum not the Club form...
Quote:

Looks like Shutdown and one of his buddies flying over Sumter.

Bad joke...as per the usual. Clearly I wouldn't be caught dead in Sumter. Much less flying on the back of a white dude without a weapon for self defense...

Pretty sure this is what's gonna be going down tonight! Someone please post the postgame foolery!!
since their players decided not to play in college they've been hating on here since last summer.
Shut up- That was my point exactly. Just a little sarcasm.
Quote:

Shut up- That was my point exactly. Just a little sarcasm.

I feel you! <3 you like a fat kid <3's cake.

Flocka,

Probably have a lot of this going on...

News FLASH !!

Shutdown and his flying buddy, Shutup, have crash landed in downtown Sumter.!!! They are currently running down Broad St. in their attempt to find Sumter HS, where they plan to hijack a school bus and make it back to Colatown. If you see either of these Desparados, keep your distance, and please call McGruff, Crime Dog.

We've been hacked! Hijacked!

Look at these disgusting photos! (Can a brother get a pair of boxers!)

I'd go back over to the club forum but I think Backscreen just called my kid a rubber ball.
Quote:

since their players decided not to play in college they've been hating on here since last summer.

Yes, once that was decided, they don't have to keep "sucking up" to CESA like the rest of you do.
Quote:

Quote:

Well I certainly don't start a tickle-fight on a message board if that's what you're asking. You don't see this kind of behavior in the boy's forum. This how you guys travel to the games?

There is definately no room for this type of picture on the High School message board, it needs to be moved over to the club side,but this is clearly a picture of a club giving an aerial view of MESA to a potential out of town parent from the coast.
Sorry this probably doesn't really belong on this thread, but I wanted to reply to this particular comment...I don't feel like I ever had to "suck up" to CESA. Being one of the original "out of towners" (as you referred to in the Club thread), I feel that we were very fortunate to have found a Club that provided a good quality soccer program for my daughter and we didnt have to travel 45 minutes each way to practice. My daughter made some great friendships over the years, had good coaches and opportunities to travel to various places to play against some great teams. Looking back now that she is finished, even though I might not have agreed with everything all of the time, it provided a great structure for her, wonderful memories and I have a bond with her that I probably would have never had without all of that traveling. She decided not to play in college, even though she was asked by several schools, but made the personal decision for what she thought was best for her. I am sorry that you feel that she took the place of someone that "belonged" here because they were born and raised in Greenville...but like you said if you don't like what is being watched on TV...don't watch. I don't think that they forced anyone to stay and play.
Glad it worked at well for you. Good luck to your daughter.
After re-reading your post, you missed my point entirely.
At the half

Hilton Head 4
Airport 0
@ Academic Magnet in OT

AMHS 3
Barnwell 1

Great job by Barnwell keeper
5/13/11

Class 3A Quarterfinals
Brookland-Cayce 0-2 St. James
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

WEATHER DELAY BEGAN AT 8:00 P.M. -- MATCH RESUMED AT 9:35 P.M.

Halftime: B-C 0-1 SJ.
Records: B-C (16-7-2); SJ (19-2).
Notes: St. James will play at Hilton Head Island (19-4-2) on Monday for the Class 3A Lower State Championship.
Wando-1
Dutch Fork-0
@ halftime
Lightning delay at the cage
Hilton Head 5

Airport 0

Final
2-0 Riverside very early in the 1st half. Not sure what it ended up being
5/13/2011

At The Reservation

Riverside-3
JL Mann-0

Final
with a last second counter attack, wando scores to make it 3 zip over dutch fork.
hats off to the back line of df tho, played a great match.
It was 0 to 0 still in the first half when the Lexington vs. South Aiken game was called due to bad weather. The game will continue tomorrow morning at 11am.
@ FM

Fort Mill 1
Eastside 0 (3 OT)

Gutty performance by Eastside. MP was outstanding in goal.

Photos from match:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60343663@N03/sets/72157626714942700/
@ FM

Nation Ford 0
Greenville 1

Wild goal by Greenville in the last minute of play.
No doubt! Eastside keeper kept them in that game several times, and the one that got by! Not sure may keepers would have stopped a well placed backwards header that close to the goal just to much room for her to cover! Both teams left it on the field all game long too!
@ Woodruff 1A/2A Round 3

Woodruff 4
Gilbert 1
Brookland-Cayce 0-2 St. James (report on page 17)
Mauldin 2
Hanna 1
Congrats to the Fort Mill girls. Thanks for a great game by 2 super teams.
Quote:

Mauldin 2
Hanna 1

Quite a game and fitting that Gracie and Allie Simpson scored the goals for Mauldin. They have been killing us their whole careers. I loved the atmosphere. We brought a pretty good crowd and the two teams played their hearts out.

I have to say that I am really proud of our girls. Allie scored their second goal with the game under 10 minutes but we kept pressing and Chelsea Drennan headed in a corner kick with about 4 minutes to go. Then we actually scared them a bit with a lot of play in front of their goal, but it just felt like we ran out of time.

Monday's game between Riverside and Mauldin is going to be a great one.
Hanna has a top shelf team of quality athletes with excellent speed and aggressiveness playing with high quality sportsmanship and desire to win. Your parents and fan base came with such class and you took the loss with the grace of winners. We Mavs respect how you brought it on tonight. Your girls have a lot to be proud of. Thank you for the competition. It does not feel good to leave behind the exemplary attitude team of Hanna but we Mavs will work even harder to win it all knowing that you have made us stronger by virtue of this battle tonight.
This may be the nicest post I have ever seen on this board. Thank you for the kind words and the hospitality. I will pass your words on to our principal (who was in attendance along with our AD) This was the first time I had watched our girls from the stands and I was struck by the knowledge and enthusiasm of BOTH fan bases. You people know soccer and I think everybody appreciated that they had just seen a quality match. I also thought the center referee was exceptionally good. He let it play a bit but was consistent with his whistle.

Quote:

Hanna has a top shelf team of quality athletes with excellent speed and aggressiveness playing with high quality sportsmanship and desire to win. Your parents and fan base came with such class and you took the loss with the grace of winners. We Mavs respect how you brought it on tonight. Your girls have a lot to be proud of. Thank you for the competition. It does not feel good to leave behind the exemplary attitude team of Hanna but we Mavs will work even harder to win it all knowing that you have made us stronger by virtue of this battle tonight.

Quote:

@ FM

Fort Mill 1
Eastside 0 (3 OT)

Photos from match:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/60343663@N03/sets/72157626714942700/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/60343663@N03/sets/72157626714942700/
[/url]

Congrats to the Fort Mill girls. They played very hard and fast, so it was fun to watch. Very nice photos
If you would be willing to burn a disk, i'm sure myself and some of the other Eastside parents would really like to have a copy. Good Luck on Monday.
My photo guy (different from these) got about 600 shots I will see when he can upload them and then PM you. I was told your girls were very nice and gracious after the loss, just told our girls they had to win Monday! A request they would be happy to try and fufill! Given the number of underclass women you started I think/hope we meet again, several times over the next few years!
Swansea 0
Bishop England 1

Hard fought game, lots of ebb and flow both ways, just could not finish tonight. BE snuck one in on a free kick that was played out and was put back by number 39. Congrats to Dave and BE, good luck Monday.
Lady Jackets topple No. 1 Lady Eagles
The (Rock Hill) Herald
May 14, 2011
by Barry Byers

http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/05/14/3067660/lady-jackets-topple-no-1-lady.html

2 photos featuring FM's Ashton Wolfe & Kaitlyn Marr and Eastside's Caroline Moore.
@CCES

Christ Church 4
St. Josephs 1
Greenville slips past Nation Ford
The (Rock Hill) Herald
May 12, 2011
by Keith Cannon

http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/05/14/3067663/greenville-slips-past-nation-ford.html

Not a real good description of the game-winning goal.
Quote:

My photo guy (different from these) got about 600 shots I will see when he can upload them and then PM you. I was told your girls were very nice and gracious after the loss, just told our girls they had to win Monday! A request they would be happy to try and fufill! Given the number of underclass women you started I think/hope we meet again, several times over the next few years!

Thank You Sir
Here are the local articles on the 3 playoff games in Charleston last night:

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/14/torlays-two-goals-lift-wando/

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/14/bishops-net-shutout-to-reach-semifinals/

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/14/raptors-rally-late-win-in-ot/

Hats off to Coach Allen and the Barnwell girls for a great effort last night. They scored in the first 5 minutes of the game and gave a great defensive effort the rest of the way. Their goalie was exceptional.

The game on Monday between AMHS and BE should be a good one. It appears from the article that the BE coach does not like AMHS getting a little attention in the local paper. I expect it will be a spirited contest.
This has nothing to do with a game last night, but the following article was worth posting:

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/14/soccer-teams-join-forces-for-benefit/

Good job by the Summerville area high school teams for your involvement in this worthy event. It says a lot about the character of the kids and coaches of these teams.
Does anyone knew what ended up happening with the SA-Lexington game?
Quote:

Greenville slips past Nation Ford
The (Rock Hill) Herald
May 12, 2011
by Keith Cannon

http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/05/14/3067663/greenville-slips-past-nation-ford.html

Not a real good description of the game-winning goal.

Kudos to Coach Rea, her staff, her team and the parents in the stands. This was our first ever match with NaFo and they gave us almost more than we could handle. Very well coached, classy behavior all around. I thought the referees did an impeccable job but it was easy to officiate this game. We would love to schedule a game with NaFo again any time… if we get permission from our AD to travel this far next year.

I don't know how to describe the winning goal any better: I’m a great believer in luck and I find the harder we work, the more we have of it.
...And we’ll need A LOT of it on Monday!

If someone has Coach Rea’s or Coach Tooley’s e-mail address, can you please PM me.
Lexington 3
South Aiken 0
Heard today from a referee that after the Lex-SA match was suspended last night, lightning struck the field and split a corner flag pole. Good job getting the girls off the field and the fans out of the stands.

Safety first.
Quote:

Quote:

@ FM

Fort Mill 1
Eastside 0 (3 OT)

Photos from match:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/60343663@N03/sets/72157626714942700/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/60343663@N03/sets/72157626714942700/
[/url]

Congrats to the Fort Mill girls. They played very hard and fast, so it was fun to watch. Very nice photos
If you would be willing to burn a disk, i'm sure myself and some of the other Eastside parents would really like to have a copy. Good Luck on Monday.

Just want to echo FXDWG's congratulations to Fort Mill's girls on a well deserved, hard fought win. The Fort Mill girls were as gracious in victory after the game as they were determined to win on the field. Hats off to them. Best wishes to both FM and G'ville for a great game Monday.

And to Chief's point, maybe Hurst can get the Eastside coach to bring his team back to the FM Tournament next year and schedule a rematch.
Dog,

Love to have Eastside up here again in March. I think the girls always enjoy Andy's annual scavenger hunt, one of the great team-building exercises in South Carolina HS girls soccer.

Thanks again for the kind words. Very spirited match last night, ecstacy for the winners, agony for the losers. As you said, under the circumstances, both teams handled it very, very well. We will see how much we have left in the tank for Greenville.
BE is no longer the only small school soccer program in the lower state.
What time is Mauldin/Riverside game?
Quote:

What time is Mauldin/Riverside game?

7 at Mauldin.
At Hilton Head game delayed in 20th minute due to lightening, HHI up 2-0.
Underway now.
anyone got Lex Wando updates?
no score 12 to go first half

at Wando
at Wando

no score at the half
Hilton Head Island 2:1 St. James (60')
at wando 30 left in second half 0-0
art Wando 8 left 0-0
Final
Hilton Head 2
St James 1
According the the Island Packet Hilton Head defeated St. James 2-1.
Late game score Wando 1-0 less than 6 to play
Wando 1 - 0 Lex game over
Bishop England 1
Academic Magnet 2

Winner scored with 6 minutes to go in the second 10 minute OT period.
lexington brought a good crowd & put up a good fight till the end.
Like I said ..............
@ CCES

Christ Church 2
Woodruff 0
Mauldin 3
Riverside 2
OT tied 2-2 after regulation.
Sorry, been out with friends. I just want to congratulate Riverside on a great first year in 4A. We have been friends for seven years and on the the field foes for four years,. Best of luck to Riverside next year. Good luck to all the girls in their future endeavors, I am sure we will keep in touch.
Congratulations to Mauldin over Riverside 3-2 in OT.

I am very proud of the Warriors. It has been a great 7 year run as a parent watching my two daughters enjoy high school soccer.

The big wins were pretty cool.
2006- State Champs for daughter Katie.
2009 & 2010- State Champs for daughter Lindsay.

But the fantastic players, coaches and parents were pretty cool too.

Good Luck to the Mavs against Wando.
@ Fort Mill

Fort Mill 2
Greenville 1

80 minute rain delay, match kicked off at about 7:20.
Mavs Soccer Dad:

I have been watching the board for the scores. Congrats on the win tell Gracie...Emily sends her best...due to some surgery Emily could not make the game tonight...Good Luck in the finals....Go Mavs....
Quote:

@ CCES

Christ Church 2
Woodruff 0

Great game, about even in the first half, but CC stuck two in. Woodruff on the offensive all the second have with tons of chances, but none went in.

Going to miss a bunch of great kids from the Woodruff group. Paige, Beth, T -Rex, Casey, Megan, Jamie... Fernando needs to cry in his beer over all the talent he is losing. Great fun watching these kids over the years.

GO WOODRUFF!!!!
Great run for Woodruff these past two years, NOBODY wanted to play them.

Congratulations Fernando.
Hard fought battle at Freeman Field tonight, Mauldin answered all the questions tonight. Riverside played their hearts out and left it all on the field. In the end Mauldin found a way to win. Congratulations to Mauldin’s Gracie Boswell with the game winner in overtime and Coach Kevin Czar, four trips to the AAAA state championship in four years.

Four seniors Ali Simpson, Gracie Boswell, Laura Berglind & Maddy Thompson will leave behind quite a legacy. Work’s not done, Friday night's trip to Columbia will be the icing on the cake! Go MAVS
Lady Jackets slosh to Upper State title
The (Rock Hill) Herald
May 17, 2011
by Mac Banks
http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/05/17/3073333/lady-jackets-slosh-to-upper-state.html

Three nice photos in the hard copy version, couldn't find them on line.

Fort Mill tops Red Raiders in AAA
Greenville News
May 17, 2011
by Bob Castello
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/...ersin-Class-AAA

Anybody got a subscription???
From Greenville News Online.

Fans must love the economic value of attending a match between Mauldin and Riverside. They always get to watch some free soccer.

On Monday night, the teams met for the third time this season, and for the third straight time, the score was even at the end of regulation.

The Region 2-AAAA rivals split their regular-season meetings. Riverside won the first 1-0 on penalty kicks. Mauldin won the second 3-1 in overtime.

Mauldin won Monday's rubber match, claiming a 3-2 victory and the Class AAAA girls soccer Upper State championship.

With less than two minutes left in the first overtime period, Mauldin's Gracie Boswell turned on a shot from the far right side and peeled the ball gently into the left side of the net.

Unlike Mauldin's early 2-0 lead, Boswell's go-ahead goal stood.

“In my six years here, I can only think of maybe two games where we've played them and it's ended in regulation,” said Mauldin coach Kevin Czar. “They are a heck of a team. They play the same style we play. It's always a battle with them, and we knew it coming in.

“The girls found a way to gut it out. That's what they've done all year.”

Gina Cardenas gave Mauldin a 1-0 lead less than four minutes into the match. Mauldin's Sarah Tuggle added a goal on a free kick with 5:40 left in the half.

Riverside salvaged some momentum before halftime as Jamie Reid scored with 2:18 remaining. With 25:03 left in regulation, Riverside drew a foul inside the box. Anna Tarry converted the subsequent penalty kick, evening the score.

Riverside, who won the Class AAA state title in each of the past two seasons, closed its first season in AAAA with a 22-3-2 overall record. The Warriors finished tied for second in the region with a 10-1-1 record. Riverside's only region loss was to Mauldin.

“This is the new region rivalry, and it's best for the region,” said Riverside coach Terry Archenhold. “I really believed that whoever came out of this one would have a great chance at winning state. I'll be surprised if they don't.”

Mauldin (23-2-1) will make its fourth consecutive trip to the state final. The Mavericks won the state title in 2009. The other three trips ended in losses to Wando, who has won three of the last four state championships.

Mauldin will meet its nemesis once again on Friday, as Wando earned its fifth straight Lower State title on Monday with a 1-0 win over Lexington.
Here it is Hurst.

FORT MILL – Greenville's impressive run through the Class AAA girls soccer playoffs came to an end in a downpour Monday night.

Fort Mill's Hali Singleton scored on a free kick from 35 yards out with just over seven minutes remaining to lift the Yellow Jackets to a 2-1 victory in the Upper State final at Bob Jones Stadium.

Fort Mill (17-6-3), seeking its first state title, advances to Friday's final at Memorial Stadium in Columbia against either St . James or Hilton Head Island.

Greenville (12-10-1), which finished second in the Peach Blossom AAA Region, had reached the state semifinals by posting three consecutive shutouts and winning its previous two games on the road.

“I think maybe they overachieved this year,” Greenville coach Raimond Hartmann said. “For a young team like this to go this far, I'm very proud of them.”

After a one-hour, 20-minute delay because of inclement weather, Fort Mill's Jessie Tooley scored the only goal of the first half. The teams played through the rain for the final 25 minutes.

Greenville junior goalkeeper Mallary Taylor made a diving save four minutes into the second half to keep the Raiders within one, and they tied the score eight minutes later on a goal by freshman Megan Copsey.

“The nice thing is we have only 15 players on the roster,” Hartmann said, “but I told the girls they're deeper than in any other year because they can play in so many different positions successfully.”

Copsey did so, moving up to forward from center halfback because of concussion symptoms she'd had for 10 days. Her goal kept the Raiders even until Singleton put the Jackets back on top.

Greenville will lose two starters – Sydney Robinson and Stephany Sanchez – to graduation, but the rest of the team will be back.

“We have big plans for next year,” Hartmann said with a smile.
And upper state 1A/2A.... from Greenville news online

Cavs make it three in a row
BY MYRON HOSEA • CONTRIBUTING WRITER • PUBLISHED: MAY 17. 2011 2:00AM

Two first-half goals and a stout second-half defense propelled Christ Church's girls' soccer team to a 2-0 victory over Woodruff and a third-straight Class AA Upper State title Monday.

The win gives the Cavaliers another opportunity to bring home the AA state championship as they play at Memorial Stadium in Columbia Friday.

“Another shot,” Christ Church coach Chris Nichols said. “We really wanted it for our senior. Alyssa (Althoff) was instrumental in getting us here. She's always out there coaching on the field, so for her to get that last chance to get herself a state title is great.”

Althoff was instrumental in the Cavaliers' Upper State win. She picked up an assist on the first goal, which was an own goal as the ball got past the Woodruff goalkeeper and then glanced off another Wolverine and into the goal just two minutes into the game.

Christ Church kept pressure on Woodruff throughout the first half, keeping the ball in front of the Wolverine goal most of that time.

The Cavaliers couldn't get the ball in the net, however, until 13:50 in the first half. That's when Althoff scored a goal on a corner kick from Sloan Renfro.

“She and Meaghan Carrigan have been our go-to players all season,” Nichols said. “We have a strong periphery of players around them. She's just really kind of brought some of these girls along.”

In the second half, it was the Wolverines putting on the pressure. In one key stretch around the 28th minute, the Cavaliers had to fight off three corner kicks.

“You can contribute that (pressure) to how hard they played in the second half,” Nichols said of Woodruff. “They were putting a little more pressure on the ball.”

The Upper State representative has been one of these two teams for five straight years (Christ Church now three in a row, Woodruff the two years previous). The Cavaliers will now see if they can break the 10-year string of Lower State teams winning the state.
So two private schools that can recruit are in the 1A/2A State Final? SMH
No. Academic Magnet is a public school, not a private school but both schools do I believe require academic testing to be accepted. In Greenville county, all schools are open to kids to attend via special permission, application to magnet programs, or payment and testing. I would assume it is similar in the lower state at least with the the governors school and magnet schools. If you find a private high school that recruits and pays the tuition for girls soccer, please let everyone know since there are a lot of good soccer players in the state whose parent's probably wouldn't mind having a free private school education.
Academic Magnet is a Public High school. Students must be residents of Charleston County to attend AMHS. Prospective students must complete an AMHS application. The application includes teacher recommendations, test scores, writing sample and grades (a minimum overall B average in core academic courses). Students must have a minimum national percentile rank of 85 on recent norm-referenced achievement tests. Students must demonstrate proficiency in composition and grammar by successfully completing a writing sample. Writing sample sessions will be offered at stand alone CCSD middle schools. Public middle schools will administer the test through your guidance department.
Quote:

Copsey did so, moving up to forward from center halfback because of concussion symptoms she'd had for 10 days. Her goal kept the Raiders even until Singleton put the Jackets back on top.

Good article by Bob Castello. Just one fair comment from my side: Megan Copsey did not have concussion symptoms for 10 days. She had concussion-like symptoms 10 days AGO! Big difference.
I would never allow a student-athlete to compete if she still had symptoms and was not cleared to play. Concussions are very serious injuries and treated like that on my team.

Other than that: Congratulations to Fort Mill. I thought it was a really good game under difficult weather/field conditions. The FM-crew did a fantastic job clearing the field from standing water with brooms and anything they could find. Great atmosphere in the stands on both sides in spite of the constant downpour. Glad we got the game in and nobody got injured so that FM can take the strongest line-up to Cola. Good Luck in the Championship game this Friday (hopefully). May the better team win! Rain, rain go away!
Quote:

Academic Magnet is a Public High school. Students must be residents of Charleston County to attend AMHS. Prospective students must complete an AMHS application. The application includes teacher recommendations, test scores, writing sample and grades (a minimum overall B average in core academic courses). Students must have a minimum national percentile rank of 85 on recent norm-referenced achievement tests. Students must demonstrate proficiency in composition and grammar by successfully completing a writing sample. Writing sample sessions will be offered at stand alone CCSD middle schools. Public middle schools will administer the test through your guidance department.

So is this legalized segregation considering how poorly the public school system is as a whole in SC?
Quote:

Quote:

Good article by Bob Castello. Just one fair comment from my side: Megan Copsey did not have concussion symptoms for 10 days. She had concussion-like symptoms 10 days AGO! Big difference.
I would never allow a student-athlete to compete if she still had symptoms and was not cleared to play. Concussions are very serious injuries and treated like that on my team.

Other than that: Congratulations to Fort Mill. I thought it was a really good game under difficult weather/field conditions. The FM-crew did a fantastic job clearing the field from standing water with brooms and anything they could find. Great atmosphere in the stands on both sides in spite of the constant downpour. Glad we got the game in and nobody got injured so that FM can take the strongest line-up to Cola. Good Luck in the Championship game this Friday (hopefully). May the better team win! Rain, rain go away!

Thanks Coach. Conditions were not great last night and I'm sure the delay threw your girls off a bit, but I think you turned in a very good performance. I know you have a lot of girls coming back next year. Best of luck.
Quote:

Quote:

So is this legalized segregation considering how poorly the public school system is as a whole in SC?

legalized segregation? Care to elaborate so I can offer the proper response?
This comes up every year. Private or pay to attend schools recruiting? First, i do not believe these schools actively recruit. They do not have to. 2/3 of all the students at Christ Church play sports. 1/4 at best play sports at public schools and leans very heavely to the boys side for football. Soccer clubs in the Greenville and Charleston areas field about 5-600 high school age girl soccer players per year. It is expensive to play club soccer at the higher levels. It is also expensive to go to private school. These girls in these areas all know each other and who plays with who and where. Is this recruiting? No. Is it fair? No. But as long as the only rules are how many students you have, it is within the rules. CC,BE,SSC,AM,and StJ are going to continue to dominate AA girls soccer.
The suggestion of "legalized segregation" at Academic Magnet is ironic given the history of magnet schools in particular and the Academic Magnet in particular. Magnet schools were developed in the 60's as remedy to segregation and alternative to bussing. They intentionally drew students from across (segregated) district lines to diversify minority districts abandoned by white students. AM was formed as part of a settlement of a long running Civil Rights Action against the Charleston County School District over discriminatory districting. It originally existed as a school within a school in Burke HS, which had a virtually all black student body at the time in downtown Charleston. It eventually moved to the Naval Base, and moved to its present campus last year. For anyone who has seen the Navy Base campus, comparing AM to a private institution is somewhat laughable. For those who have played Home Games at the Magnet, they know full well there is no "home field" and the team has moved around the county like wild geese using a variety of fields. It is a fact that AM is not restricted to district lines and draws students from all over the county, but the entrance qualifications offset the geographic base and are academic in nature, not athletic.
I can not speak to why AMHS was originally founded. All I can attest to is it one heck of a school with a VERY diverse student body. The soccer team has worked very hard this season and is excited for their first trip to State
Big compliments to the AMHS girls as the head into the championship game...they put a lot into their soccer performance and have earned their spot! They are one of two teams we have met this season who have clearly outplayed us on the field, and I'm grateful for their incentive to elevate our game! Congrats to Coach Merriman for taking up the torch in grand style!
Video highlights of the Fort Mill - Greenville upperstate final:

(May 17 Sports Round Up)

http://www.cn2.com/web/guest/sports_videos
looks close as to if greenville goal crossed the goal line. Also, dont see the AR???
Video replay showed the ball clearly crossed the line, FM players and coaches never contested the goal. AR followed the ball all the way down and was right at the corner flag. He signaled "goal" immediately to the center ref.
I will agree the video is a little unclear in the slo-mo version the ball seems to cross the line but I am not sure the entire ball went over, just not clear enough to tell. I do know the AR was pretty much on the line and since he made the call from about inline much closer than I or the camera was I would give him benefit of the doubt and say it must have crossed (at least for a fraction of a sec ). How about the effort given by Maya to clear the ball!! She ends up in the net becasue she was giving 110% tryin to clear it!

Ok so Hurst beat me to it (think we typed at same time) and as usual said it right in fewer words!
Not sure I believe in "110%" as 100% would suffice. It was over the line IMHO. Great effort though!
Quote:

How about the effort given by Maya to clear the ball!! She ends up in the net becasue she was giving 110% tryin to clear it!

Yes, I loved the effort. It was the most impressive highlight in the video. Good Luck to the FM ladies on Friday evening.
i am confidant that anybody that has done any homework on AcMag will be proud of their athletic accomplishments.
they are most like the citadel, tough entrance & other standards that only appeal to a few & yet are expected to compete with everyone else.
Quote:

Video replay showed the ball clearly crossed the line, FM players and coaches never contested the goal. AR followed the ball all the way down and was right at the corner flag. He signaled "goal" immediately to the center ref.

Unlike Germany in Wembley when Hurst scored in '66.
Coach,

That goal in '66 was clear as...........

.............mud!
I gave 110% on the fact that some players might have pulled up because they would know they were going to end up in the net at that speed. She put getting the ball 1st and gave it what looked like total focus and effort, weather you say 100% or more IMHO she gave it everything she could.
Quote:

I gave 110% on the fact that some players might have pulled up because they would know they were going to end up in the net at that speed. She put getting the ball 1st and gave it what looked like total focus and effort, weather you say 100% or more IMHO she gave it everything she could.

Percent means "per 100". 100% is 100 out of 100. A person can't give more than they have. Giving 100% is, by definition, giving everything you have.
Quote:

Coach,

That goal in '66 was clear as...........

.............mud!

I believe Sir Geoff is still the only man to score a hat trick in a World Cup final match. Did you know that the first player to score a hat trick in the World Cup was American Bert Patenaude in 1930?
While I see your point about percent and agree 100% that you are correct that 100% is 100 out of 100. In the real world of how things work, in an engineering sense we often rate machines, equipment, and yes even people for what they can do when running at full operating capacity and call that 100%, but often things can operate at higher capacities than they are rated for (sometimes this is bad think nuclear reactor or race car above red line!).

Sometimes people dig down and find a little more to give and put for effort beyond what others do. In this case I was applying the effort, relative to another quantity, namely the effort others might normally give as basis of my use of percent rather than a rating of 1 to 100 on a scale.

Both teams made many great plays , but since my expression was unclear and resulted in some confusion let me clearify by saying that she made an outstanding effort, that was impressive, and was worthy of a highlight clip just by itself.
Sorry, but machines cannot operate at more than 100%, either. They can run at more than 100% of their rated operating capacity, but that is something different.

And if a player is able to “dig down and find a little more to give and put for[th] effort beyond what others do” well, then, they weren’t really giving 100% prior to that.

But, I do appreciate the point you’re trying to make.
Lacking a background in advanced semantics and no desire to delve into a deep, and likely very boring, philosophic debate on the subject I will simply say; I am glad you appreciate the point.
Hyperbole: –noun, rhetorical device.
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally but intended for effect, as “to wait an eternity.”

Just as, if someone said, "She cranked a 200 mph shot into the upper 90," most folks wouldn't stop and figure the average weight/strength ration of the female soccer player vs. the mass/size/drag coefficient of standard soccer ball to determine the impossibility of an actual 200 mph shot; we'd just figure she knocked the #@$% out of it and move on.

Unless, of course, you're an engineer, in which case you're probably already reaching for your calculator.
Quote:

figure the average weight/strength ration of the female soccer player vs. the mass/size/drag coefficient of standard soccer ball to determine the impossibility of an actual 200 mph shot;

Lends new meaning to "Drag Coefficient".

If you go to Velocity Sports, can you reduce your drag coefficient?
But wait a minute, how can this be? Arsenal players are 200% behind Arsen Wenger! We need an engineer!

LONDON (AFP) - Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna insisted manager Arsene Wenger enjoyed the full support of the club's players on Wednesday after the Gunners season took another disappointing turn.

Arsenal's dismal year continued on Tuesday when Manchester City leapfrogged them into third place, meaning the Gunners may well miss out on automatic qualification to next season's Champions League.

It came after Arsenal's players were booed from the pitch at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday after crashing to defeat against Aston Villa in their final home match of the season.

Sagna has ruled out any suggestion that Arsenal's players had lost confidence in Wenger however.

"Everyone is 200 percent behind him. I think he is the right guy," Sagna told Sky Sports News.

"He made a lot for the team, for the players and for the club as well. So we just want to keep working hard and give the maximum."

Sagna also believes midfielder Cesc Fabregas, repeatedly linked with a move to Barcelona, will remain an Arsenal player next season.

"Of course. He is under contract with the team. He is still our captain," Sagna said. "We need him badly because he is a good player, he is very talented and everyone knows what he can bring to the team.

"So I am looking forward to playing with him next year."
There is only one Coach J! Dude how could you steal my ID! I will have to consult with the FAWGS OF SPRING , and Marcus H about this.
Quote:

There is only one Coach J! Dude how could you steal my ID! I will have to consult with the FAWGS OF SPRING , and Marcus H about this.

I'M NOT GONNA STAND HERE AND LET YOU STEAL, APPROPRIATE, DEFILE AND BESMIRCH MY FRIEND'S NAME LIKE THAT!!

You will have to send the committee a written protest! There is a NO BESMIRCHING 2011 Campaign in progress now!
I will have to bring in my tag team partner , the new mayor of North Chuck, Coach Holbrook to regulate, we are not going to stand for this type of abuse!
hijack in progress, all future posts are in doubt. Last days of school call for some type of fun to keep me sane!
"Sane," of course, being a relative assessment!
Very True Chass, however you will agree that the end is near!
Yep...riding this thing out in the home stretch...soccer is done and with it most of my focus and what passes for sanity! Now it's just time to gear up for fall club season!
Fall! no way we have summer camp, summer training, summer league, pool, movies, beach lake, and let's not forget weight room duty, passing league, and my kids indoor fustal , at least I can sleep till 7.
Y'know, when I'm out on the boat, with a couple of lines in the water, I'll think about all that.
Quote:

Quote:

I'M NOT GONNA STAND HERE AND LET YOU STEAL, APPROPRIATE, DEFILE AND BESMIRCH MY FRIEND'S NAME LIKE THAT!!

I'M NOT GONNA SIT HERE AND LET YOU BESMIRCH, BEFUDDLE, BEMOAN, OR BELITTLE MY GOOD NAME AROUND HERE BY USING MY QUOTES!!!
Quote:

Y'know, when I'm out on the boat, with a couple of lines in the water, I'll think about all that.

I'm on a boat!!!!!
HURST YOU HAVE MORE BAD WHITE JOKES THAN A CESA PARENTS' MEETING!
Remember, Marcus, imitation is the highest form of flattery!

(Or the lowest form of satire...hard to tell sometimes.)
IF I had a boat I would be right there with you Chass, Marcus H. Coach Chass was just filling in for you, there is only one MH , just like there is only one Coach J!
Quote:

HURST YOU HAVE MORE BAD WHITE JOKES THAN A CESA PARENTS' MEETING!

I remember visiting SC one time in March at the Irmo tournament and it was "So cold that I saw a polar bear buying tickets." Always got a good laugh from our crowd.
wow, HI-larious, inside jokes should be left to the "had to be there category"
Quote:

Hard fought battle at Freeman Field tonight, Mauldin answered all the questions tonight. Riverside played their hearts out and left it all on the field. In the end Mauldin found a way to win. Congratulations to Mauldin’s Gracie Boswell with the game winner in overtime and Coach Kevin Czar, four trips to the AAAA state championship in four years.

Four seniors Ali Simpson, Gracie Boswell, Laura Berglind & Maddy Thompson will leave behind quite a legacy. Work’s not done, Friday night's trip to Columbia will be the icing on the cake! Go MAVS

. Thugfather. Now the questions are really answered. When you get to the big stage and the game is called properly, they can't get it done. Congrats to wando on their team win.
Makinthecall.................. i love you.
Quote:

Quote:

. Thugfather. Now the questions are really answered. When you get to the big stage and the game is called properly, they can't get it done. Congrats to wando on their team win.

What do you know about the BIG STAGE? Four years in the BIG GAME is a Mauldin and Wando thing. Pretty good company.

We're not happy with a loss to a solid team, but we're glad to have been wearing cleats tonight instead of flip flops...
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What do you know about the BIG STAGE? Four years in the BIG GAME is a Mauldin and Wando thing. Pretty good company.

We're not happy with a loss to a solid team, but we're glad to have been wearing cleats tonight instead of flip flops...

Wando's record vs Mauldin-

Wando 6 wins, 1 loss.
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/21/wando-1-mauldin-0warriors-repeat-as-class-aaaa/

Lower State Sweep!
Video highlights of Hilton Head Island vs. Fort Mill

http://www.cn2.com/web/guest/sports

Click on May 23 Sports Round Up
© SC Soccer