SC Soccer
Also upload them to the Eurosport Scoreboard!
@ CCES

Christ Church 1
St. Joseph's 0
@Hammond

Hammond - 0
Pinewood Prep - 1

# 11 for Pinewood went down with a head injury and was unable to return. We hope she is OK. If anyone knows please let us know.
TS - thanks for asking - I wasn't at the game, but just heard that not only is Courtney (#11) fine, but apparently she scored on the play. She is a tough kid. Sounds like it was a good game.
@ Clover

Clover 4
Spartanburg 0

1-0 at the half - goal by Samantha Prytulak

2 more goals by Samantha Prytulak in the second half
4th goal by Samantha Satterlee
4/10

Pendleton 5
Westside 2

Goals: So Lauren Baker 2, Sr Callie Brothers 1, Jr Emma Job 1, So Emlynn Shoemaker 1
Assists: Sr Callie Brothers 2, So Lauren Baker 1, Fr Cheyenne Davenport 1
Saves: Sr Kaila McClure 15
4/10 @ Nation Ford

Nation Ford 1
Fort Mill 2

61:00 NF - Carly Long
72:00 FM - Megan Polito
79:00 FM - Jessica Tooley

Shots: FM 13, NF 6
Corners: FM 5, NF 3
Saves: FM 3 (Taquisa Johnson), NF 8 (Ellen Bright)

Records: FM 8-6 (4-0), NF 7-4 (3-1)
@ Hillcrest

Hillcrest 3
JL Mann 1

Goals Hillcrest: DeVita 2, M. Gum 1
Asist: DeVita 1

Goal Mann: Erickson
4/10 @ Eastside

Eastside 0
Greenville 2

Good game could have ended 4-4 considering how many times Eastside hit the crossbar (3x) and post (1x) and Greenville missed one PK and hit crossbar in 4th minute.
Besides, Greenville goalie Maggie Grisell had a very solid performance and helped the Lady Raiders to the shutout win.
Beaufort 1
Summerville 0
Quote:

4/10 @ Eastside

Eastside 0
Greenville 2

Good game could have ended 4-4 considering how many times Eastside hit the crossbar (3x) and post (1x) and Greenville missed one PK and hit crossbar in 4th minute.
Besides, Greenville goalie Maggie Grisell had a very solid performance and helped the Lady Raiders to the shutout win.

Don't remember Greenville missing a PK. However, I did see the Eastside Keeper stop the PK attempt with only seconds left in the half. I wouldn't consider that a miss...just sayin

Maggie did play a fine game. Congrats on the win.
Lancaster High at Rock Hill High
2 - 1
Goals by Lauren White and Frances Whitesides - both assisted by Ashley Cauthen.
@ Barnwell

South Aiken 8
Barnwell 0
Congrats to coach Thomas Frederickson of Pendleton and his Lady Bulldogs in their 5-2 win over Westside High.

It was bittersweet to watch Westside lose, but this is a Pendleton team that had lost 9 straight matches to Westside over a 5 year span, as badly as 11-0 and 9-0 two short years ago. Coach Frederickson has won more games in the last season and a half 20 (20-14-3 record to date) than Pendleton won in the previous 6 years combined.
Quote:

Quote:

4/10 @ Eastside

Eastside 0
Greenville 2

Don't remember Greenville missing a PK. However, I did see the Eastside Keeper stop the PK attempt with only seconds left in the half. I wouldn't consider that a miss...just sayin

Maggie did play a fine game. Congrats on the win.

Didn't mean to take any credit away from Maylyn's superb save.
Just looked at it as a missed opportunity from Greenville's point of view.

4/10 @Lewisville

Andrew Jackson 3
Lewisville 1

AJ-Leah Kennington 3
Camden 2
Lugoff-Elgin 0

Jazzmine Devlin and Katie Tiller with the goals.
Rainy and windy conditions in Lugoff!

In JV action (before the rain came)
LE 6
Camden 0
Midland Valley 0
Chapin 5
@ CCES

Christ Church 2
JL Mann 1
@ DF 4/11

DF 5 RNE 0
@Cardinal Newman

CN 3
Northwestern 0
Mauldin 3 Wren 2

Wren were winning 2-1 until 3 minutes from the end when Mauldin levelled the score. The game went into overtime and Mauldin scored the winning goal. Excellent enthusiastic play by Wren as a team and their freshman goalie and senior center forward Kristen Baker,
TL Hanna-8
Easley-0
Goals P. Miller-3, Gilmore-1, Roberts-1, Parker-1, Barington-1, & 1 on goal
Assist Parker-1, Gilmore-1
@ Woodruff

Christ Church 2
Woodruff 0
April 12 - AAA Region II

@ Wade Hampton 1
Eastside 4

@Travelers Rest 7
Berea 1

@Southside 0
Greenville 8
4-12-12

Tied at the end of regulation 1-1 and overtime. Went to PKs.

Dorman 2
Hillcrest 1
Grovetown 3
Midland Valley 1
4/13

South Aiken 11
Aiken 1
4/13

Woodmont 2
Westside 0

4/13

@Andrew Jackson

AJ 6
Hartsville 1

Goals Leah Kennington 4 Taylor Blackmon 1 , owngoal
assists Leah Kennington 1
@ Clover

Clover 6
Rock Hill 0

3-0 at the half - goals: Harleigh Miller, Naomi Matley, Samantha Prytulak
Second half goals: Naomi Matley, Brandi Cornelio, Samantha Satterlee
Boiling Springs 1, JL Mann 0 at Mann
4/13 @ Riverside

Riverside 1
Greenville 0
@Spartanburg

Spartanburg 1
Northwestern 2
@ Hillcrest - Mauldin Cup Tournament

Hillcrest 5
Oakbrook 2

Goals Hillcrest: Devita 3, Younts 2
Assist: Duncan 2, M. Gum 1

Goals Oakbrook: Kozel, McGetrick
Quote:

What a complete collapse. Seems they have folded the tent. In my world heads would roll. But since there is absolute zero fan support,the greenville news doesn't cover high school sports anymore and the mann parents don't participate on this message board, no one knows they are losing. So if the tree falls in the forest and no one is there did they really play. Also side note: this is what you call a down year in high school girls soccer. I think lacrap, I mean lacrosse is killing the sport.
And please quit posting the people who scored in blow out games. We know you can kick it in the goal when no ones on the field
We have greatly under achieved this year. The coach used the spurs last night.
Interesting thought about Lacrosse killing girls soccer.

Could it be that soccer has gotten too expensive, too much travel, Club Soccer heading towards year round play, that the girls have sought an alternative and have found it???
Yep. More scoring,fewer skills required, minimal physical contact. Perfect. But I'm sure as it grows cesa will take it over and make expensive and drawn out
Quote:

Quote:

What a complete collapse. Seems they have folded the tent. In my world heads would roll. But since there is absolute zero fan support,the greenville news doesn't cover high school sports anymore and the mann parents don't participate on this message board, no one knows they are losing. So if the tree falls in the forest and no one is there did they really play. Also side note: this is what you call a down year in high school girls soccer. I think lacrap, I mean lacrosse is killing the sport.
And please quit posting the people who scored in blow out games. We know you can kick it in the goal when no ones on the field

Other than the Boiling Springs loss, you were playing good teams when you lost. I know you have at least one Premier level player that has been injuried this year, so that makes a big difference.
Whew. I feel better.We are only losing to good teams.
4/13/12 @ Lake City

Palmetto Homeschool 5 Lake City 1

goals:
G. Kennebeck 2, K. Hummel 2, B. Hummel 1

LC keeper had 22 saves
4/13 @ Fort Mill

Fort Mill 6
South Pointe 1

4:00 FM - Cassidy Parker
7:00 SP - Emma Tuttle
13:00 FM - Parker (Graydon Nall)
43:00 FM - Megan Polito (Parker)
47:00 FM - Maya Bostick (PK)
52:00 FM - Olivia Thompson
63:00 FM - Jessica Tooley

Shots: FM 21, SP 2
Corners: FM 4, SP 1
Saves: FM 1 (Taquisa Johnson), SP 8 (Sara Morrison)
[quoteAlso side note: this is what you call a down year in high school girls soccer. I think lacrap, I mean lacrosse is killing the sport.

Interesting thought. I would also add that there seems to be a good number of premier/ECNL players that are injured this season.

Fort Mill girls won the state lacrosse championship today. Do you realize that in the past five years, Fort Mill has split their high school in half (creation of Nation Ford) and added girls lacrosse? How can you maintain the same level of excellence when you take a hit like that?

Add the enrollments of Fort Mill and Nation Ford together and they still don't exceed Mauldin or Wando. Then lose some of your best athletes to lacrosse. How can you be expected to compete with the "big girls"?
@ Hillcrest - Mauldin Cup Tournament

Hillcrest 1
Nation Ford 0

Goal: A. Snyder
4/13 @ Midcarolina
woodruff 11
Midcarolina 0
like the effort of the rebel ladys, they did not give up.
Quote:

[quoteAlso side note: this is what you call a down year in high school girls soccer. I think lacrap, I mean lacrosse is killing the sport.

Interesting thought. I would also add that there seems to be a good number of premier/ECNL players that are injured this season.

Fort Mill girls won the state lacrosse championship today. Do you realize that in the past five years, Fort Mill has split their high school in half (creation of Nation Ford) and added girls lacrosse? How can you maintain the same level of excellence when you take a hit like that?

Add the enrollments of Fort Mill and Nation Ford together and they still don't exceed Mauldin or Wando. Then lose some of your best athletes to lacrosse. How can you be expected to compete with the "big girls"?

At least we can count on a detailed analysis of FM's games by you.
AC Flora 5
Midland Valley 0
Quote:

[At least we can count on a detailed analysis of FM's games by you.

Bomber,
I only scratch the surface on this public forum.
To get the real details, you'll have to subscribe to my blog.
Quote:

Quote:

[At least we can count on a detailed analysis of FM's games by you.

Bomber,
I only scratch the surface on this public forum.
To get the real details, you'll have to subscribe to my blog.

Sounds like a good plan.
from anonymous:

"I heard today the reason gas prices are so high in SC is because the fastest growing sport (LAX) in SC has put more parents on the road, driving that 12 miles a gallon SUV to all the LAX games of their son and daughter.

On more important news, SC obesity among children ranks top 3 in the country. Lawmakers have declared LAX the new solution for kids that may be on the borderline of being obese.

Some scientist in South Yemen has found a cure for Alzheimers. One hour of LAX play with your friends will cure Alzheimers and may turn back the clock up to 6 month on your aging."
Hopped on here today to see how Riverside Girls Soccer was doing. I can't find any scores for them!!! So then I look to see how Mauldin's girls are doing.Nothing for them either. Looks like if the 2 top teams in the upstate aren't getting any news, girls hs soccer must be a dud this year.What's going on?
© SC Soccer