SC Soccer
Post here and on the S.C. Eurosport Scoreboard.
TLH-1
Dorman-0
At half
hillcrest - 1

mauldin - 4
@ Fort Mill

Fort Mill - 2
Spartanburg - 1
Mann was up on Wade Hampton 3-1 with 5 min to go.
Mann 3
Wade Hampton 1
@South Aiken

IRMO - 2
S Aiken - 5

Good luck to Dave and his girls the rest of the way.
TLH-0
Dorman-0
Final
5/6/13

3A First Round
Brookland-Cayce 5-1 Hanahan
The Cage @ Cayce, SC
Quote:

TLH-0
Dorman-0
Final

???
Whoops
TLH-1
Dorman-0
Stratford-1
@Beaufort-4

North Augusta-4
@West Florence-2
@ Swansea:

Swansea 4

Berkeley 0

Game was decided by three PKs and one very pretty Hannah Meredith shot to complete her sweep of the scoring. Not the kind of game we wanted to end our season on but I am very proud of my girls for who they are as well as how they played.
still waiting on several scores...clover/spring valley, riverside/greenwood, northwestern/westside, irmo/south aiken just to mention a few...man I love the playoffs!
Ashley Ridge 11
South Florence 0
Riverside 5
Greenwood 0
Northwestern 10
Westside 0
@ Lexington
Lex 12-0 Ridge View

Good luck!
South Aiken 5 - 2 Irmo
Sping valley 3 - 2 clover
Quote:

Sping valley 3 - 2 clover

4 OT with a Golden Goal 2 minutes in
Beaufort 4
Stratford 1
@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 5 DANIEL 1
Airport vs James Island 0-0 in regulation
Final
James Island 3
Airport 0
Why was the blythewood/Nations Ford game played at Nations Ford? I thought higher seed was home

Question based on scores reported to europort
Who won Blythewood/Nation Ford?????

You are correct, Blythewood was the higher seed????? i am sure that it probably had to do something with fields????
@Hartsville

NMB 4
Hartsville 0
West Ashley 2
Fort D 1
DF 7 Carolina Forest 2
Wando 9
Colleton County 0
According to the bracket Blythewood won 4-0 and will be hosting Mauldin on Thursday.

Quote:

Who won Blythewood/Nation Ford?????

You are correct, Blythewood was the higher seed????? i am sure that it probably had to do something with fields????

@ EASTSIDE

Eastside 9 v Camden 0

Eastside very strong team; not surprised to see them and Hilton Head in finals for 3A state championship!
Quote:

@South Aiken

IRMO - 2
S Aiken - 5

Good luck to Dave and his girls the rest of the way.

Thanks, Josh. You and your ladies gave us a good game. Looking forward to playing you guys next year.
Girls AAAA Lower State Round 2:
West Ashley @ Lexington
N. Augusta @ Beaufort
Dutch Fork @ Wando
South Aiken @ Ashley Ridge
At Halftime

Swansea 2
N Myrtle Beach 0
Riverside 2
Spring Valley 1

Very tough match
Beaufort 2
N. Augusta. 0
@ Waccamaw

Waccamaw 5

Wade Hampton 1

Play winner of Bishop England/Battery Creek on Friday.
Mauldin 0
Blythewood 1
At The Reservation.

Riverside 2
Spring Valley 1
TLH-2
North Western-1
Very tough match
South Aiken 5
Ashley Ridge 1
5/8/13

Brookland-Cayce 2-1 Socastee
The Cage @ Cayce

Records: BC (19-3-2); S (12-8).
Notes: BC advances to the Quarterfinals on Friday at Hilton Head Island.
Wando 1

Dutch Fork 0
@ Lexington
Lexington 2
West Ashley 0
Mann 2
Fort Mill 1
Good soccer
@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 2 DREHER 0

Great game.Hope Cayce's leg is going to be ok.
J L Mann 2
Fort Mill 1

Great game and a very good team.
Upper State 3rd round:
Riverside/JL Mann
TL Hanna/Blythewood
Lower State 3rd Round:

Beaufort/Lexington
Wando/South Aiken

Not many upsets so far...
Quote:

Mann 2
Fort Mill 1
Good soccer

Mann is a very good team. Few times have I really felt that the refs were for the home team. In this case, i will quote me college soccer playing daughter who was at the game " that was the most one sided reffed game I have ever seen" and she is a referee. Congrats to Mann
Quote:

Quote:

Mann 2
Fort Mill 1
Good soccer

Mann is a very good team. Few times have I really felt that the refs were for the home team. In this case, i will quote me college soccer playing daughter who was at the game " that was the most one sided reffed game I have ever seen" and she is a referee. Congrats to Mann

Thought that was a pair of closely matched young teams (very few seniors 2 total for FM and what maybe 5 starters for Mann) likely to be a few rematches in the next couple years. Maybe in future game homecook reffing will not be as big a part of deciding the outcome.
As for the "bad press" Mann has gotten in the other threads. They played as hard as the refs left them and the parents were no worse than any others (the other team parents always complain more than yours right ) I've seen this year. In fact I know I saw worse at one game cause the ref did not have to throw any parents out! (saw that a few weeks ago). Good luck to Mann the rest of the way (dont you always want to lose the the eventual champ???
Excellent match played by both sides, very proud of my girls.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/05/08/4846239/tl-hanna-scores-twice-in-last.html
Fort Mill was one of the most organized team that we have played
all season
Congrats to the girls giving us a great game..
That is the quality of teams we wish to see more in the Region games
Quote:

Fort Mill was one of the most organized and team that we have played
all season

Wow.
Quote:

Quote:

Mann 2
Fort Mill 1
Good soccer

Boy do I feel like an idiot. I know I was at the Mann field; but I must had the times wrong. I watched a great game between two physical teams with the home team winning in the last minute. I saw some missed calls on both sides in the middle of the field but none that would have changed the outcome of the game. There was a foul called by sideline ref against the visitors in the box but it was waved off by center ref. Also a hand ball outside the box by the visiting team that I guess he didn't see.
So Fort Mill and Mann must have been the second game. I wished I would have seen that one. If a college soccer player says it was one sided then she would know. Dang. Hate that for the visiting team. Its rare to see the losing team complain about refs.
Oh well;off to riverside. Talk about home cooking. Its already 1-0 Riverside. They got a pk for something today and we aren' there yet.
I am sure Riverside will feel the same way Friday after they beat JLM 2-1

Quote:

Quote:

Fort Mill was one of the most organized and team that we have played
all season

Wow.

Since you missed the game maybe you can tell us the foul numbers for the game you did see and we can compare and see if they were as lopsided for this one too?
Also have rarely see the home team complain about the refing when they get the majority of the calls thier way!!

Most of the call the visitors got were in thier own end while the homers were getting them every where. Saw a defender grab a hold the fwd from behind running right up the middle and got no call (grabbed arm then shirt to hold her back) happens all the time some get some do not not blaming ref for missing every call just for not calling it even on the physical play. Oh and when the Mann player took a dive in the box and rolled around for 30 sec holding her knee... Well funny when ref came up and told her no foul she HOPPED up and ran to get ready for the throw in. Gamesmanship or poor sportmansship guess it depends which team your pulling for.

No there was no one single call that changed the game (hand ball for PK maybe but that call is really a discresion thing and do not blame him for calling it) the fact that one team could get much more physical before they were called for a foul now that does change a game. When one team gets called for a bump foul every time and the other plows a girl over with no call that changes a game. The term 50/50 ball was more like 80/20 with the visitors on the 20 side.

Hey any time a game goes down to almost the end before its settled and the winners squeek by on two questionable goals, questionable in that they could have both been called off by the refs, and to be fair they could have both been good correct calls, its gonna cause a stir.

Good Luck with Riverside and maybe you should get someone to get you the correct time for that one so you get see if they use the same cooks , hopefullly you do not get indigestion Fri night! Like I said I'll be pulling for Mann
WHEN YOU EXTEND YOUR ARMS YOU WILL GET A FOUL. WHEN TWO PEOPLE COLLIDE GOING FOR A BALL AND ONE PERSON FALLS IT IS NOT A FOUL. NEVER SEEN A MATCH WHEN PLAYERS ARE NOT GRABBING JERSEYS. NO OFFSIDES ON THE GOALS. MANN IS BIGGER AND MORE PHYSICAL AND SHOULD NOT BE PENALIZED FOR THAT. I WATCHED GAME. WAS NOT CALLED POORLY;. WE CAN GO BACK AND FORTH AND NEVER AGREE.
I ENJOYED WATCHING THE GAME AND NOT THE REFS.
On second thought. you're right. Fort Mill was robbed. Different refs would have changed the outcome. Mann would be going home. Maybe petition the league. A hollow victory. Hate it when the better team wins. Maybe karma will get them Friday.
Wando's goal came in the final minute of regulation. Megan O'Connor finished a loose ball in the box to win it 1-0. Wando's keeper Logan Nelson had a great game. Hope the Dutch Fork girl who was injured gets better fast.
When you extend your arms you will get a foul.

Ahh...no. You will get a foul called if you extend your arms and PUSH or Charge in a reckless or careless manner. Extending your arms is not a foul. Having officiated more college games then most people see in their lifetime I see defenders place their hands on the backs of opponents all the time, or shield using their arms. Its almost never called.

But that is not the issue. If you are up by a goal with 5 minutes left and you don't win, shame on you. You can't end a game. If you don't have the skill to keep possession of the ball, then ball should be into touch all the time. That's poor coaching.
Quote:

Fort Mill was one of the most organized team that we have played
all season

Classic!
Geeez first in one post you yell then the next you go all mea-culpa guilt trip on me . Maybe you have food poisioning not indigestion? You are right we saw it different ways you get to say how you saw it and we get to saw how we saw it. No heart burn here it is just a game after all. Everyone will think what they want you YELL your peace or get bitter and snide if you want, thats your right.

By the way just because "MANN IS BIGGER AND MORE PHYSICAL" does not mean the littler less physical team gets to be roughed up and it is fair. Besides the way the calls went the little less physical players were the ones being too "physical"

You can bait me but it is a no go still pulling for Mann the girls play the game the ref lets them. They did a good job and I hope they keep playing hard, Good Luck
Quote:

Obviously I meant extending your arm in the process of pushing.I just find it curious that Wade Hampton and Hanna seem to not have a problem with Mann's play. IN fact there has been no complaints against style of play until Fort Mill came to town. If you want to look back in the posts a few years it seems to be a trend
Quote:

Ahh...no. You will get a foul called if you extend your arms and PUSH or Charge in a reckless or careless manner. Extending your arms is not a foul. Having officiated more college games then most people see in their lifetime I see defenders place their hands on the backs of opponents all the time, or shield using their arms. Its almost never called.

But that is not the issue. If you are up by a goal with 5 minutes left and you don't win, shame on you. You can't end a game. If you don't have the skill to keep possession of the ball, then ball should be into touch all the time. That's poor coaching.

Were you the ref for THIS game or are you speaking in general??

I find it hard to believe that Fort Mill was committing twice as many fouls as JL Mann.
Quote:

Obviously I meant extending your arm in the process of pushing.I just find it curious that Wade Hampton and Hanna seem to not have a problem with Mann's play. IN fact there has been no complaints against style of play until Fort Mill came to town. If you want to look back in the posts a few years it seems to be a trend

We are not complaining about the girls style of play.

The complaint is about the ref and the one sided nature of the calls.

Does anyone have an official score keeper notation of how many fouls were called per team? I would be interested in seeing the breakdown.
I always hate it when a team loses and then questions the integrity of the officials.
Well the boys are playing fort mill now and winning so get ready. Fort mill has 6 direct kicks in first half to manns 3. So i dont wont to hear anything
Fort Mill girls were called for 9 fouls. Anyone have the number for Mann?
Well of course not your in the wrong thread for that, it would be on the Boys side for those gripes

By the way the current trend you can read in the threads is people getting offended and saying thier players are bing dissed every time a question is raised. We have not said anything about the girls, in fact find the post where a negitive thing was said how thier play/skill and quote it back......

Karma comes from beating an 0-12 team by 34-0 goals in two games. Not winning a close scrappy game in the last 3 min. See I said you won it are you happy? Never said the Mann players did'nt earn a win, just wondered about the Reffing and its impact on the game.
What a well written article. It is refreshing to see a reporter that actually knows something about soccer.

Quote:

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/05/08/4846239/tl-hanna-scores-twice-in-last.html

I can't believe that you are whining about the refs. How ridiculous for an grown person. Didn't they teach you in soccer 101 that the coaches are the only ones that should have any contact and words about or to the refs? I have seen games where the ball goes over the line in the goal and the ref doesn't call it a goal. Is that fair? That game was right in your back yard with experienced refs. And we lost because of it. They do the best they can. I bet your coach would love to see how much of an issue you are making about the refs. You have to walk away knowing that both teams took whatever the refs would give them and thats how they played the game. End of story.
Quote:

What a well written article. It is refreshing to see a reporter that actually knows something about soccer.

Quote:

well-written indeed !
Completely agree,

Bret McCormick @BretJust1T for The Herald, has done a great job all season covering the soccer scene for York county.
Quote:

I can't believe that you are whining about the refs. How ridiculous for an grown person. Didn't they teach you in soccer 101 that the coaches are the only ones that should have any contact and words about or to the refs? I have seen games where the ball goes over the line in the goal and the ref doesn't call it a goal. Is that fair? That game was right in your back yard with experienced refs. And we lost because of it. They do the best they can. I bet your coach would love to see how much of an issue you are making about the refs. You have to walk away knowing that both teams took whatever the refs would give them and thats how they played the game. End of story.

Our coach did say something to the girls about the refs.

After seeing a 100 plus games over the years you know that everyone complains about the refs, it is part of the game. But during the first half there was call after call against the Fort Mill side and and almost nothing going the other way and that makes you start to wonder.

Is it possible that the Ft Mill girls were committing 2 or 3 fouls for every one by Mann? Maybe. Does that mean the ref was 'home cooking?' probably not. It could be that the FM girls were doing more pushing and shoving because the Mann girls were bigger and using their bodies in ways the FM girls could not. Without going back and watching the game on video it is hard to tell what happened, but it certainly seemed that the FM girls were getting a lot more fouls called against them than the Mann girls were.

That being said I don't want to take anything away from the Mann girls who played a great game. They beat us to the ball on a regular basis and played one hell of a game. They may be the best team in the state, certainly the best team we have played.
That was kind of my point. If the game is not being called right,it is up to the coach to put a stop to it if he can. Any time that I have said anything to a good coach, they always say that they have had many games that were a lot worse. We had our goalie taken out against great team this year and she should have been taken to the hospital for stitches and a red card should have been thrown, But it was play on. If we had lost that game, it wouldn't have come down to that play or only a couple more. It would have been time for our defense to step up and not let any balls through if possible to a another goalie.
You know what was funny, after the game, we as parents sat on the side and said that Fort Mill was the best that we had faced all year. We came close to overtime or losing, but it was not because of the refs. Good luck next year!
By the way, we have 1 player gone to nationals camp this week. She is probably one of the best defenders in the state. If we make it through tonight, I can't wait till next week.
And thats fine Pjay. I have no problem with those comments. Opponents can question they way a game is called or debate a particular goal. There are refs who allow more physical play and those who blow the whistle ever minute. My only issue was the quote"the worst one-sided game ever called".
I just did not see that. I agree I may have tunnel vision.
FM is the best team Mann has played .
Between that game and Wade Hampton ;I hope it helps with their game tonight.
Hate that the field at Riverside is in need of some TLC. Mann doesn't have a field of dreams but it does have grass and the ball rolls true.
I love the games when the players decide the game and the refs are seen but not heard. And please no decision by PK's.Play to you drop.
I would love to see Mann and Fort Mill play on a turf field in a neutral location.

Would be a great game. Way too much slipping and falling down at that game.

Good thing for us is that we only had 2 seniors. Next year we have 8 and 6 of them will probably start. If we can win our region and get home field we should have a very good chance of making it to the championship game.
Love to see high school teams on true fields.
At halftime

Lexington. 1
Beaufort 0
Halftime

Wando 1
S. Aiken 0
Final
Swansea 1
James Island 0

Swansea advances to play the winner of tonight's BC/Hilton Head Match on Monday.
5/10/13

CLASS 3A QUARTERFINALS
Hilton Head Island 5-0 Brookland-Cayce
Sonny Graham Field @ Hilton Head

Halftime: HHI 2-0 BC.
Records: HHI (21-3); BC (19-4-2).
Notes: HHI will host Swansea (21-2) on Monday in 3A Lower State Championship match.
Final

Lexington 2
Beaufort 0
Final

Wando 4
S. Aiken 0
Any one know Hanna score?
Blythewood 3:2 T.L. Hanna
Going ro pks at riverside/mann
Thats tough way for someone to end thier season! Also the highest of highs to get to finals (upper state atleast) with a PK win!
Mann wins on 2nd sudden death pk. Speechless. Happy but i feel for riverside. Two teams playing hearts out.
What was the score? Girls most be estatic!
0-0 after regulation, 2 10min and 2 5min. 4-4 after pks. Both made first. Mann made second and riverside sent theirs over goal. Tough field conditions. No grass. Teams couldnt settle ball.
@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 0 GREENVILLE 3

I'm very proud of my girls for not giving up.great game, Greenville was much better. Congrats to Raymond and his team.Good luck to Eastside and Greenville.
I have tried to stay away from posting on the message boards in my attempt to not get sucked in but felt the need to post tonight. I have to say that although I am very excited for our Lady Patriots, my heart aches for the Riverside girls. That was one hard fought game from a group of OUTSTANDING young ladies who are led by an AWESOME coach. Mr. Archinhold, you and your girls will always be a class act in my book. That game could have gone either way. We have watched most of these girls play soccer for years through club ball and know they put their heart and soul into each and every game. They should be proud and hold their heads up high. We left that field with a lot of respect for those girls and their coach.
Posted By: Soccerpop Riverside vs Mann - 05/11/13 03:49 AM
What an incredible match. Congrats to the Mann team, either team could have won this awesome battle, Mann has a talented team as do the Warriors. We got our money's worth tonight. Good luck to the Patriots.
Posted By: Tasos Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/11/13 03:55 AM
Mann Vs Riverside
Mann wins on PKs 7-6
Congratulations to my team
and also to Riverside for a great game
Coach Archinhold thank you for your hospitality
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/11/13 03:57 AM
Season should end on that
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/11/13 04:25 AM
@ Bishop England

Bishop England 4

Waccamaw 3

2-0 BE half.
2-2 76th minute.
3-2 BE 77th minute.
3-3 end of regulation.
BE 4-1 in penalties.

Best of luck to Coach Snyder and the Bishop England girls on Monday. It was a physical, intense, grueling match that could have gotten out of hand. A lot of respect goes to the girls on that field tonight for their sportsmanship and for playing hard the whole 110 minutes. So proud of my girls for the effort they gave tonight. We have come a long way this year. Can't wait to see you guys next year!
Posted By: RVLadyBlazers Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/11/13 04:44 AM
Coach Sapp, unlucky, great heart to come back multiple times away from home, tell the girls congrats from me and congrats on a fantastic first season.
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/13/13 12:39 PM
MONDAY, MAY 13

4A Girls
Upper State - Blythewood (20-3) @ J.L. Mann (23-1)
Lower State - Wando (18-1-1) @ Lexington (19-4)

3A Girls
Upper State - Greenville (16-6-1) @ Eastside (22-2-1)
Lower State - Swansea (21-2) @ Hilton Head Island (21-3)

2A/1A Girls
Upper State - Indian Land (14-4) @ Christ Church (19-4)
Lower State - Bishop England (11-7) @ Academic Magnet (21-3)
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/13/13 12:49 PM
Poverty Index (227 High Schools)
#1 Academic Magnet
#9 Lexington
#10 Wando
#13 Indian Land
#17 J.L. Mann
#19 Eastside
#20 Hilton Head Island
#38 Blythewood
#97 Greenville
#161 Swansea
n/a Bishop England (private school)
n/a Christ Church (private school)
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/13/13 07:14 PM
Dang. Mann would be higher but I can't afford to move.
Posted By: GoMavs Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/13/13 08:41 PM
What is the start time for the AAAA Upstate at Mann this evening?

Thanks, and Cheers.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/13/13 08:43 PM
7 :00
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/13/13 11:06 PM
1-0 mann. Corner on 6th min
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/13/13 11:18 PM
Another corner. Another score. 2-0 mann.
Posted By: the voice of reason Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/13/13 11:52 PM
Bishop England 0
Academic Magnet 3
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/14/13 12:06 AM
2-1 mann. 26 min left
Posted By: 202677 Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/14/13 12:30 AM
70' Wando 2-0 Lexington
FT Hilton Head Island 3-0 Swansea
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/14/13 12:33 AM
Blythewood goalie keeps game from being 6-1. Mann moves to gilbertland 2-1.
Posted By: Fryland Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/14/13 02:13 AM
Wando 2
Lexington 0
Posted By: Fxdwg Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/14/13 02:33 AM
Eastside 2
Greenville 0

Congrats to the Lady Eagles for winning Upper State. This was a hard fought contest and Greenville really had us on our heels for the first 20' of the 2nd half.

I'd also like to congratulate Greenville on their season. My daughter has played club with many on your squad, and I've enjoyed watching our matches over the last four years.
Posted By: Tasos Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/14/13 11:52 AM
J L Mann 2
Blythewood 1

Great game and congrats to my ladies
Congrats also to Blythewood for giving us a great game

The goalie did a tremendous job to keep the score there
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/14/13 11:55 AM
Congrats to Swansea for making it to that stage - especially considering the drastic poverty differential! Good luck to all the teams in the finals.
Posted By: Meredith Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/14/13 10:18 PM
Thanks Michael!
Congrats to Coach Suozzi and Hilton Head ladies...very good team and very deserving!
I want thank the Heise's for not just being excellent coaches, but also running a great soccer information source! I believe our sport has grown largely because of this website...thanks gentlemen!!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 05:07 PM
It really is, Chad. Its hard to compare other sports without casting an unintentional dark sport on one...but we really do have a well ran organization that is second to none. I coach football and we rival that sport despite limited resources.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 07:29 PM
Goalllll. Christ Church
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 07:43 PM
1-0 Christ Church at the half.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 07:49 PM
Sitton Furman with the opening goal.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:05 PM
Shot saved at the near post by Christ Church.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:07 PM
Shot wide by Peurifoy on Free Kick from 25. Corner AM.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:14 PM
Shot high by Magnet.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:19 PM
Magnet girls with steady pressure on the CC goal right now.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:21 PM
Easy save on Peurifoy on a one-time shot at the near post.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:28 PM
Peurifoy breakaway stopped by the center back.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:28 PM
8 minutes left 1-0 CC.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:34 PM
Goal Peurifoy 2 minutes left. 1-1.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:43 PM
OVERTIME
1-1
Goals: Furman CC 27', Peurifoy AM 78'
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:44 PM
Furman shot at the near post saved. Corner CC.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:44 PM
Carrigan down for CC. Appears to be ok.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:47 PM
Offside Magnet.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 08:54 PM
1-1 End of First 10 minute OT.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 09:01 PM
Free kick drawn by Carrigan at the edge of the box straight on. Shot from Carrigan saved by the keeper.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 09:02 PM
Thanks for making every game late
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 09:08 PM
Furman shot for CC saved. Cohen over the top for AM.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 09:09 PM
1-1 End of 2nd 10 minute OT.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 09:16 PM
Peurifoy shot saved.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 09:18 PM
Corner Magnet wasted. End of 1st 5 minute OT.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: Riverside vs Mann - 05/17/13 09:28 PM
PK Shootout. 1-1 after 110 minutes.
Posted By: LadyWarriors State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 09:31 PM
Score Furman. 1-0. Peurifoy 1-1.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 09:32 PM
Robinson 2-1 CC. Dooley score 2-2.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 09:33 PM
Renfro 3-2 CC. Magnet score 3-3.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 09:34 PM
Sarah Renfro 4-3. Miller 4-4.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 09:35 PM
Carrigan 5-4. Smith 5-5. Sudden death.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 09:38 PM
Oakley misses wide left 5-5. Reed scores 6-5 Magnet. Congrats Coach Merriman and unfortunate Coach Nichols. Heartbreaker.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 10:44 PM
Goal Green Hilton Head early on. 5' left in 1st still 1-0 HHI.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:15 PM
Corner HHI around 25 left. Still 1-0.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:17 PM
Parsons with a great save for Eastside from Green. Now Ashley Green scores a tap in. Both Green sisters have scored. 2-0 HHI.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:23 PM
Eastside will be hard pressed to find a goal in this match. Corner HHI.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:24 PM
Goal Danziel on the corner. Through ball from Green at the top of the box put in across frame from the right hit the post and in. 66'.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:33 PM
Goal Eastside to pull the game back 3-1.Great individual effort.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:39 PM
Robinson scores for Eastside from thirty out. 3-2 HHI. Love it. 5' to play now.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:42 PM
Corner Eastside cleared.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:42 PM
Shot EHS high. 2' left.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:46 PM
Final 3-2 HHI.
Posted By: Soccerpop Re: State Championship Scores - 05/17/13 11:51 PM
Quote:

Final 3-2 HHI.

Not going well for the Upstate.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:03 AM
Third time a charm
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:04 AM
First two games very exciting. Looking forward to a great night cap.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:17 AM
When game start
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:21 AM
Over at USC
State Baseball Championship Game 3
Lexington 4
Blythewood 0
6th Inning
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:23 AM
Torlay goal 3'. 1-0 Wando.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:28 AM
Oouch
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:32 AM
Wando looking dangerous on the attack.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:34 AM
Lexington state champion baseball 4a
4-0 over blythewood
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:35 AM
Wando is playing with real class moving the ball back and side-to-side, changing the point of attack.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:39 AM
So only wando is on the field? Obviously you are a wando fan but how is Mann?
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:40 AM
Questionable call on a breakaway. Mann awarded the foul. Should have been a no call if anything.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:41 AM
Wando corner cleared out.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:43 AM
Wando channel
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:43 AM
Mann for the first time trying to gain some possession. Playing much better the last few minutes. They seem to have settled in, however, Wando still dominating possession.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:44 AM
Yep...they ave taken over the airwaves... Why bother driving to Gilbert?
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:44 AM
Shot from 40 yards just over the bar on a free kick from Wando.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:47 AM
Play evening out now. Turning into a soccer game. Wando keeper with a save on a long free kick.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:49 AM
Not from Wando guys just trying to report the game.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:51 AM
Mann causing a series of deep throw-ins now. Starting to win the field possession battle.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:51 AM
We know. Looking for something positive. Thanks
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:51 AM
What is the time
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:52 AM
Some tough challenges going on right now. Referee letting them play.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:54 AM
By the way... How is the field?
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:54 AM
Corner Mann. Long shot saved by Wando.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:55 AM
.Watched the christ game. Good field
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:57 AM
Good looking pitch and they seem to have moved it two yards out either side to make it a little wider. Still pretty narrow and a lot of balls are out of play. Can't complain too much. At least it doesn't have mole hills.
still 1 to 0 wando?
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:58 AM
Game stoppage for air horn.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:59 AM
1-0 Wando 1 minute left in first.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:00 AM
As I speak halftime 1-0 Wando. Even game after the first 10 minutes. Looks like another thriller to me.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:12 AM
Big collision leaves two players down. Scary moment.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:14 AM
Movement from both. Both are up on their feet leaving the field. Hopefully they are OK.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:15 AM
Corner Wando put over the top.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:19 AM
Game again being played physically. Couple of fouls. Corner Mann. Played far post and saved by Nelson.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:22 AM
Mann with a cross near post saved by the keeper.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:23 AM
Barreto just over the top on a free kick for Wando.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:25 AM
Both teams losing some composure now and the ball is bouncing around midfield.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:28 AM
Another long free kick just over the top from Barreto. Just after great save by Mann keeper on a 1 v 1. Incredible.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:29 AM
What a save! Mann pushing back up.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:32 AM
Something eerily similar to the A/AA girls game going on here. Game is 50/50.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:34 AM
Good save on Torlay shot. Corner Wando. Tap in goal Wando 2-0. Unfortunate for Mann there.
Posted By: Passingthetime Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:37 AM
Game over. Sorry mann. Get em next year
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:39 AM
Wando controlling the match now.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:44 AM
Msnn will need a goal quick at this point. 10' left.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:45 AM
Mann shot high.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:48 AM
Shot by Wando saved easily 6' left.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:50 AM
Corner Wando. Good save off the line by a defender.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:52 AM
Inside of 3' Mann need a goal now.
Posted By: LadyWarriors Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:56 AM
Final Wando 2 J.L. Mann 0

Congrats Coach Champ.

That puts it Lower State 3 Upper State 0.
Posted By: USNA82 Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 01:57 AM
Wando Girls' 7th straight State Championship Appearance.....
Winning in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013.....Runner Up 2009, 2012.
Posted By: The Chief Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 02:14 AM
That is a serious run no doubt they are putting a solid team out every year!

Wonder what the average difference in size of the opponents have been over that same seven years? I think this year JL Mann is a little less than 1/2 the size of Wando?

Funny thing is Hilton Head has quite a nice run going too but they seem to be smaller than who they beat! Think they were about 5% smaller than Eastside this year. Talk about doing more with less (so to speak!)
Posted By: Soccerpop Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 10:35 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Final 3-2 HHI.

Not going well for the Upstate.

Christ Church, Eastside, Mann, hold your heads high, great season for each of you.
Posted By: Fxdwg Re: State Championship Scores - 05/18/13 12:40 PM
Congrats to the Eastside Lady Eagles. It's been a memorable and enjoyable four years. Lots of young talent on the team, so keep working hard towards your dreams. Maybe it wouldnt't have mattered, but it would have been fun to see the outcome if we played 45' instead of 40'

As I said last year, Hilton Head was the best team we've played all year. Great possession and ball movement as a team, and great individual play. Congrats to their Seniors on the outstanding Championship run.
© SC Soccer