SC Soccer
Posted By: Pjay Round Three!! Thoughts or predictions??? - 05/15/14 05:33 PM
Now it gets fun!!!

Can the new school River Bluff keep Eastside from it's third straight upper state championship?

Can Fort Mill hold off a tough Dorman team??

Will JL Mann even have enough players to field a team?

Seriously though... lots of GREAT games tomorrow!!

Irmo @ Mann. Hell of a mountain for Irmo to climb, don't see it happening. Irmo is not a high scoring team so this could be a shut out or another lopsided game with a late goal or two after its noncompetitive.

Dorman @ Fort Mill. Fort Mill has allowed the least goals of any upper state team so Dorman's biggest challenge might be getting any goal at all. Dorman has a tough defense too so I am thinking another 1-0 type game.

Lexington @ Wando. Wando. Good game though.

Spring Valley @ Dutch Fork. Dutch Fork. Should be good game.

River Bluff @ Eastside. Don't think anyone is denying Eastside another shot at Hilton Head

St James @ Swansea look like it could be a good game.

Hilton Head @ Myrtle Beach features a 17-1 Myrtle Beach team, but don't think anyone stops Hilton Head from their 4th straight title.

St Joe's @ Indian Land. Indian Land on to its second straight upper state game.

Wade Hampton @ AM. Anyone stoping AM? Doubt it.

Bonus points!!! Mann and Fort Mill could be hosting double headers if their boys games are cancelled for today. Looks like the worst part of the weather is behind us so that shouldn't be a factor. And Friday should be a nice cool day so great game weather!

Good luck everyone!!
I think that Dorman takes Fort Mill 2 -1. The rest I think your right. The only thing that I don't understand is that I thought that we put Wade Hampton out last night. They shouldn't be aloud another chance.
Posted By: MT4ME Re: Round Three!! Thoughts or predictions??? - 05/15/14 06:24 PM
Quote:

I think that Dorman takes Fort Mill 2 -1. The rest I think your right. The only thing that I don't understand is that I thought that we put Wade Hampton out last night. They shouldn't be aloud another chance.

It's not the same Wade Hampton. There are two in SC.
Posted By: Pjay Re: Round Three!! Thoughts or predictions??? - 05/15/14 08:17 PM
Quote:

And what are you basing that prediction on?? Or are you just stirring up trouble??

Things in Fort Mill's favor
1. They haven't lost a home game in two years.
2. They have only allowed 4 goals this year vs 14 for Dorman
3. They have not allowed a 2 goal game all year. Dorman has allowed 4 of them
4. They have only been behind in one game all year, the game they lost 1-0
5. They have 18 shut outs vs 12 for Dorman
6. FM scored 5+ goals in 11 games vs 7 for Dorman

For Dorman I give them a harder schedule, but of their four top level teams they played this year they lost 3 games (Eastside, Dutch Fork, Wade Hampton) Wade Hampton is the only top team they have beat this year. They did beat Hanna twice and Riverside, but I don't think anyone would consider them a top level team.

Here is a good comparison:
They beat Mauldin 3-1 and 4-2
We scored 3 goals against Mauldin in the first 28 minutes of the game and then coasted the rest of the way with Mauldin's score coming at the 78 minute mark with most of our starters out of the game.

Now if you can give me some good reasons why Dorman is going to win I'd love to hear them.
Posted By: Pjay Re: Round Three!! Thoughts or predictions??? - 05/15/14 08:33 PM
Quote:

Quote:

It's not the same Wade Hampton. There are two in SC.

Creative school names for $100 Alex!
Posted By: MT4ME Re: Round Three!! Thoughts or predictions??? - 05/15/14 10:37 PM
Quote:

Quote:

And what are you basing that prediction on?? Or are you just stirring up trouble??

Things in Fort Mill's favor
1. They haven't lost a home game in two years.
2. They have only allowed 4 goals this year vs 14 for Dorman
3. They have not allowed a 2 goal game all year. Dorman has allowed 4 of them
4. They have only been behind in one game all year, the game they lost 1-0
5. They have 18 shut outs vs 12 for Dorman
6. FM scored 5+ goals in 11 games vs 7 for Dorman

For Dorman I give them a harder schedule, but of their four top level teams they played this year they lost 3 games (Eastside, Dutch Fork, Wade Hampton) Wade Hampton is the only top team they have beat this year. They did beat Hanna twice and Riverside, but I don't think anyone would consider them a top level team.

Here is a good comparison:
They beat Mauldin 3-1 and 4-2
We scored 3 goals against Mauldin in the first 28 minutes of the game and then coasted the rest of the way with Mauldin's score coming at the 78 minute mark with most of our starters out of the game.

Now if you can give me some good reasons why Dorman is going to win I'd love to hear them.

I hate to break it to you, but Mauldin and Riverside are actually pretty equal this year. So, you can't use Mauldin to prop up your belief that beating them means more than Dorman beating Riverside. I don't know if Fort Mill or Dorman will win. Both are good teams. I don't think their wins give you much of clue as to which one will come out on top. When it comes to homefield advantage, I would give that more weight. So, I think it will be close, but I think Fort Mill will win and face Mann on Monday.
Dorman beats Wade Hampton, Wade Hampton is better than Fort Mill. All you have is home field. Dorman Wins.
Quote:

Dorman beats Wade Hampton, Wade Hampton is better than Fort Mill. All you have is home field. Dorman Wins.

Ok to use your "brilliant" logic:
Let us see:
FM beat Lancaster 7-0
Thus FM >>>>>>> Lancaster
Lancaster beat Riverside 1-0
Thus Lancaster>Riverside
Dorman beat Riverside 3-0
Thus Dorman >>> Riverside
Now that make Dorman >> Lancaster
but leaves them >>>>> short of FM
Well isn't that special! Guess you use a more complicated formula along with your soccer goddess skills to come to your conclusion, although not sure where the WH is better than FM came from but as I said you are the brilliant one.

Oh, and yes you are right having home field will never beat out having recruiting and refs to ease your way in life

Ok lighten up it was just a joke! I KNOW you did not recruit the refs!
Quote:

Ok just one more
When last they met Wando beat JL Mann 2-0 and Irmo 2-0
So that makes Irmo vs JL Mann a toss right

However I will go out on a limb and say JL Mann wins, I know risky choice but sometimes ya gotta take risks
Posted By: Pjay Re: Round Three!! Thoughts or predictions??? - 05/16/14 02:58 AM
Quote:

Wade Hampton is better than Fort Mill??

Really??

And that is based on what???

Wade Hampton lost to 13-7 Riverside... give me a break.

BTW Fort Mill has more shut outs than Dorman has wins.
Why do you base stuff on last year. All new team. New players. Missing players. Wade Hampton was good although playing just one up top does keep the score down. Not a fan of that but I understand. Irmo won't come close today. Really hard to predict these games without like opponents.
I would like Dorman to win to keep travel down. Selfish
I'm going with all the home teams tonight, so I'm looking at JL Mann and Ft. Mill in the upper state and then Dutch Fork and Wando in the lower state.
Wade Hampton did only lose two games prior to the playoffs.. once to Dorman in pks and the other to riverside 0-1 after beating them 5-0 the first time. Hard to compare two teams in different regions though.
Posted By: Pjay Re: Round Three!! Thoughts or predictions??? - 05/16/14 03:36 PM
Wade Hampton had a very good year.

But I don't think they are in the same category as Mann, Wando and Fort Mill.

If you look at who they played and who the beat and how many goals they have scored vs goals against and there is certainly a separation between those three and the rest of the state.

FM has allowed 4 goals all year, 3 for Wando and 6 for Mann.
FM and Wadno have 18 shut outs, Mann has 19. Only two other teams in the state have as many wins as these teams have shut outs!

Then you look at Wade with 13 shut outs and 13 goals allowed. Similar stats for Dorman 12 shut outs and 14 goals allowed.

I think the difference is that while Wade or Dorman win a lot of game, they are not as dominate as the top three teams who don't just win but tend to crush nearly everyone they play. ie. Fort Mill scored 92 goals in region vs one allowed.
Wade Hampton is not even close to the top level. They did keep the game competitive for a half or so, but Mann played with so much more pace and skill it was only a matter of time. Hard for Wade Hampton to compete with a team with so many premier players while they only have a few themselves. If Mann keeps pulling in the Cesa talent I find it very hard to see them being not being the best for years to come.
Posted By: Pjay Re: Round Three!! Thoughts or predictions??? - 05/16/14 04:07 PM
The question is how much of that CESA talent lives in the school zone and how much is attending due the magnet status of the school.

I don't see any reason why CESA talent would normal gravitate to one school. Of course parents do move to areas with good school so that could be a factor as well.

We shouldn't be surprised that the best soccer school tend to be among the best schools in the state too since soccer is a high dollar sport played mainly by wealthy kids (at least at the elite levels in the states)

If the magnet status allows them to stack the team year after year then it turns into a Wando situation where the team has such a huge unfair advantage that it almost becomes a farce. Throw Academic Magnet, Bishop England etc etc into this mix too. Since 2000 only one non-magnet or religious school has won the girls 2A championship. If you are a public school you are playing for a shot being a Upper/lower state runner up.

BTW can't blame kids or parents for wanting to get the best education possible. If I had a child that had the chance to attend a magnet school that might offer a better educational opportunity then I certainly would take it and if that school happens to be a good soccer team too then it's just icing on the cake.
Quote:

Quote:

Wade Hampton is better than Fort Mill??

Really??

And that is based on what???

Wade Hampton lost to 13-7 Riverside... give me a break.

BTW Fort Mill has more shut outs than Dorman has wins.

BTW Dorman almost had another shutout tonight and they weren't even home. All the stats that you and Chief put together and then calling your COACH TERRIBLE makes you look stupid. And now everyone knows.
I do feel bad for the FM players, but I told you twice Dorman would win. The proof is right above in that quote. I don't want to hear anymore from you or Chef(Chief) about Mann getting players. Everything is 100% by the book. In a few years, it will be someone else.
Posted By: Pjay Re: Round Three!! Thoughts or predictions??? - 05/17/14 03:07 AM
At least I didn't throw my coach under the bus while our season was still going on.

Or do I need to provide that quote where you bad mouthed him?? And if me calling my coach makes me look stupid then I guess you are keeping me company in category huh?

BTW Wando does everything by the book and you still complained about them??

Have you ever even thought about how foolish you look on here?? Just one little thought??? You insulted me calling out my coach and for questioning if Mann has an unfair advantage and yet you did the exact same thing to your coach and about Wando... Maybe you should just enjoy your soccer games and stop making a fool of yourself.
You coming to our game? We need someone to keep stats. Seems about all you know. Or if not, maybe we will see you next year.
Post deleted by Kyle Heise
Posted By: Pjay Re: Uwishucouldplay profile, continued... - 05/17/14 10:15 PM
Sadly we are done. Last game.

Sad way to go out since I don't think we played our best game.
© SC Soccer