SC Soccer
Posted By: laplageauxfolles 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/04/03 12:10 AM
Non conference play begins tomorrow (3/4/03). Here is a forum for game results and/or analysis. Good luck and safe play to all and may the best two teams face off at the end of the season.

lpaf
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/05/03 01:12 AM
West Ashley v Colleton County 8-0

WA looked ragged in their domination of CC in the first half, though the half time score was 3-0. A better looking second half with sharper passing and better play in the middle when Danielle Jordan was brought into the game there (she's recovering from some basketball injury). Goals by 6 different players.

lpaf
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/05/03 03:07 AM
RNE 3 Lexington 1, both teams played well.
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/05/03 02:55 PM
Wando 10 - Beaufort 0

Wando at Summerville this Friday. Should be a fun game to watch.

lpaf
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/05/03 03:45 PM
Lap, I know you watch your girls, but have you had heard much about the boys coach at JI?
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/05/03 04:12 PM
R1C --

I know a lot of the kids on the team but really don't know much about the boys' coach. Send me your email co-ordinates and I'll see what I can find out. My wife actually follows the boys team fairly closely. Good luck to you and your team in the Electric City.

lpaf
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/05/03 11:11 PM
White Knoll 1 - Chapin 2 (pk,3-2)

Great game played hard by both teams. White Knoll dominated play in the 1st half with both teams scoring in the half. Chapin scored on a pk 10 minutes into the game. White Knoll tied it up 20 seconds later on a goal by Mandy Binggeli who was injured 5 minutes before halftime and missed the remainder of the game. Chapin dominated most of the second half and and came close to scoring a few times. Both teams played hard in the OT's and had scoring chances. Chapin came out on top in pk's. A very good showing by White Knoll.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/06/03 04:17 PM
Boiling Springs 2 T.L. Hanna 0

BS has a new freshmen or two in the midfield and have done a 180 with their team. 0-0 Halftime, shots outside the 18 for BS and sloppy play in the midfield resulted in 2 second half goals.
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/11/03 01:55 PM
West Ashley v Beaufort, 4-0

Like the Colleton County game last week, the WA coach held a group of key players on the bench in the first half, fielding a just above mediocre team for the first 40 minutes. Second half play much sharper with the full "starting" roster on the field, both offensively and defensively. Danielle Jordan, a sophomore, is perhaps the best natural athlete in SC girls HS soccer.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/12/03 02:07 PM
T.L. Hanna 1 J.F. Byrnes 0

Seniors sat the first ten minutes and sparked a light when they stepped on the field, but couldn't net a goal. 0-0 half time. In the 60th minute the lone goal was scored of the head of Maranda Adams on a corner.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/12/03 02:58 PM
March 11, 2003 at Memorial Stadium
Dutch Fork 2 - Dreher 1 (PK)
A great match! Dreher tied the game at 1 with <2 minutes in regulation. They were still deadlocked after two 5 minute OT periods and 5 PKs. Dutch Fork won on the 6th PK. Lots of good shots and outstanding saves on both sides.
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/17/03 06:16 PM
West Ashley 16 - Battery Creek 0 (Friday 3/14)

The pillage of Region VIII's soft underbelly by Region VII schools comes to an end mid week with Region foes until playoffs. James Island, Wando and West Ashley should be much more evenly matched this year than last.

lpaf
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/17/03 11:26 PM
You really have a way with words. [Smile]
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/29/03 03:17 AM
James Island 8 v Stratford 0

West Ashley 3 v Wando 2, OT

lpaf
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/30/03 11:04 PM
Congrats to Julie and the rest of Wildcats. What happened to Wando?
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/31/03 12:07 AM
Swimmer1 --

Wando played their usual gorgeous team play with crisp passing and long runs down the field (usually from the left) looking for crossing shots to the right. West Ashley's defense rose to the occasion and limited their scoring to a PK and a really nice free kick from 30 yards out that bounced around a bit in front of the goal and was popped in. West Ashley scored on a PK (Alexis Brothers) and two powerful breakthroughs down the middle (one short, one from about mid field) by Meech Gibbs, who had a great game. It was nice to see Julie back on the field after a week off due to an eye injury.

Wando and James Island play Tuesday night and I am of the humble opinion that the JI defense is too strong and their offensive weapons too many for Wando to beat them. I think the time of unquestioned Wando domination of Charleston 4-A girls' soccer is over.

lpaf
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/31/03 12:32 AM
Swimmer1 --

As a footnote, it's possible that Wando is being punished in some sense for their parents making us listen to those insufferable cowbells all those years in rec and classic soccer. Now the good side of the force (soccer west of the peninsula) is out to silence those pompous hand clapper things.

lpaf
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/31/03 01:57 AM
I thought Pickens was the only High School sanctioned to use those...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/31/03 02:10 PM
From what I hear West Ashley has no shortage of obnoxious fans either. I guess it is everyone's perspective.
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/31/03 02:17 PM
S1 --

Every team has its obnoxious fans. It's those hand clappers I hate. After all, each Wando fan that I have seen actually has two real hands. Why not clap those? Brass fog horns. That's where it's at...

Two great games this week. Wando v JI tomorrow at James Island and JI at West Ashley on Friday. Great entertainment for $5.

lpaf
Posted By: dcut5 Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 03/31/03 06:36 PM
I'am really looking forward to the James Island, West Ashley gmae on Friday this should be a good one. Even though the teams palyed in the Rotary, this time it counts. James Island had better watch out for Wando and not look ahead to the West Ashley game, Wando is mad and they are looking to take it out on someone.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/02/03 01:47 AM
James Island - Wando.
Managed to get there for 2nd half. Looked like a good game by both sides. James Island offense is talented.
Wando survived coach's decision to put in subs too early.
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/02/03 02:12 AM
Wando 4 at James Island 3

A very physical game with lots of free kicks, two yellows and one red card (Wando player). Wando was up 3-0 in the early second half and JI scored two quick goals, both, I think, by Kelly Gosnell, to make it 3-2 with about 20 minutes remaining. JI looked like it would carry the momentum forward but Wando scored again on a JI defensive lapse that let them have a one on one down the left side of the field and a pretty finish with a soft misdirection shot against Danielle Olivier. JI came back with one more goal with about 4 minutes left to pull within one goal, but Wando tied things up with good defense and lots of substitutions.

Overall, the teams were very even, though their styles are very different. Wando's team play was excellent and JI let them spend too much time settling the ball and passing in the center 25 - 30 yards out. James Island had a less well organized attack and their passing was not as crisp, but their individual play was at times outstanding. All in all a really exciting evening of soccer that supports my premise that Region 7 4A is no longer an east of the Cooper one horse show.

lpaf

ps: Gosnell, a JI freshman I think, is a very impressive striker and should make quite a name for herself before she graduates.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/02/03 12:54 PM
lpaf-
Why weren't you at W Ashley game?

Charleston area is going to produce a lot of girls who can play college ball. Good for everyone to have more competition.
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/02/03 03:56 PM
S1 --

I went to the game with the better competition. Had to make sure I got my $5 worth. I have a 10th grade step daughter who plays for JI, live on JI, and am pretty closely linked with all the JI players who are part of Andy Grist's Carolina Girls Fusion team. This was my first opportunity to watch them play a tight game. My WA daughter said the team had thought about drawing 11 names at random out of a hat and sending them to play yesterday's WA game, freeing up the other playes to go watch Wando v James Island. I guess they thought better of it in the end.

lpaf

ps: Where do you swim?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/02/03 04:02 PM
Mainly outdoors ( May - Oct).
In winter - St Andrews. Gets expensive though.

I do believe that Wando has best chance to win state (admittedly won't be easy) if coach will just leave 11 best players on the field.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/04/03 05:18 AM
LPAF
So Friday will be daughter vs daughter. I had that a few yrs ago. Hate those games. Hard to pull for both teams at same time.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/03/03 06:56 PM
"Go Team!"
"Thatta Girl!"
"Way to go!"
"Alright!"

Add those bland, bipartisan comments coupled with continuous claps and whistles. All parties involved should sleep soundly in the comfort of the mutual support of their father.

Being afraid of such conflict, I would probably claim to have a rare 12 hour bout with malaria that left me unable to attend. Best of luck lala
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/03/03 08:54 PM
I support the West Island Trojan Cats anytime my daughters play each other. Without hesitation. Always. But mostly I just cheer for good play out of each of the girls.

lpaf
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/04/03 02:53 PM
Ahhhhh, yes I remember that team. Quite the competitors they are.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/05/03 05:16 AM
I predict a West Ashley win tonight
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/04/03 06:36 PM
S1 --

WA and JI split their two games last year with both teams winning 2-1 at home. I'll be surprised if either team wins both games this year.

lpaf
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/04/03 07:38 PM
Politically correct again!
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/04/03 08:06 PM
Indeed.

lpaf
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/09/03 12:49 PM
Based on newspaper , it looks like JI and WA had easy nights of it last night. Wando beat Berkeley twice. Monday 8-0 in a rain shortened game, and Tues 12-0. I think 2nd half was only 20 minutes.
These type of games are bad for both teams. Wish there was a way to align conferences/classifications by sport in order to get better regular seasons.
Same hold true for other sports. Some schools jsut have better basketball/softball traditions than others.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/09/03 01:26 PM
Kyle and Kevin had a very interesting format set up last year. It was a competitive league based on winning percentages of teams over the past few years. Allow me to spit in fate's general direction in hopes of tempting her: Something that intelligent and logical will never, EEEEEVER, happen. Until that day, we'll have to motivate ourselves to find the joy in the rivalry that is Battery Creek-Wando. Kyle, I'd love to see it again if you still have the link.
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/09/03 03:49 PM
Wow! It looks like a busy day on the Message Board.

Region 1 Coach, the proposal has been available to Subscribers for two years now, but for a short time I'm going to let everyone view the proposal for boys soccer we charted out during the summer of 2001 (I don't think it's been updated since then, so a couple of figures may have changed).

Take a look at the proposal at Proposed SCHSL Boys Soccer Table and please provide your feedback -- it might be better for discussion under "Boys Soccer" since that is what this table refers to.
Posted By: LF Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/09/03 05:44 PM
Kyle, I remember this when it was first brought up in 2001, and I thought it was a great idea then, and it still is the best I have seen to date. In the current system you can have a top notch 4A team have to play a below average 4A team just because they are in the same region. I'll use last year as an example when Irmo had to play OW 2 times. Games like that are absolutly no good for either team. Not the players on the better team, not the players on the less skilled team, or the fans/parents that watch the games. They are just a waste of time for everyone involved. Your system would have OW playing against comparable teams to themselves (even if it might be a 1A team). At least that way the games are competitive, and both teams can have fun and hopefully even get better by playing a team that is more their equal. Bottom line on this is, what does it take to get your proposal for realignment to become a reality, and I'm only talking about soccer now, not the other high school sports??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/11/03 02:31 AM
Wando -8 Stratford -0
A new star is born in Sara Catanacci freshman forward w/ 3 goals!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/12/03 02:06 PM
lexington over S. Aiken 5-0
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/12/03 02:51 PM
Congratulations Lexington Varsity Girls....Great win last night! Keep it up....Lexington 5 S. Aiken 0...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4A Regular Season Game Results - 04/13/03 04:03 AM
the socastee girls are 12-2 or something can some one explain why there not ranked
© SC Soccer