(11) Lexington over Dreher
(06) Spring Valley over West Florence
(03) Wando over (08) Summerville

3A Ranked Teams
(08) Chapin loses to (02) Brookland-Cayce
Clover loses to (01) Eastside
Georgetown loses to (11) North Myrtle Beach
Lexington loses to (09) Dreher
(07) Socastee over (05) Myrtle Beach (upset pick)
(13) St. James over Waccamaw
Strom Thurmond loses to (10) Airport

Eastside has a 90 mile trip (180 miles round trip) to play Clover in the predicted cold rain. Best of all, I can leave work early and spend time with my wife on the way up.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 03:15 AM
Are these boys matches.....making their way onto the girls forum?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 03:29 AM
I hope not. I copy the SIS data straight over here from the girls 4A and 3A ranked schedules. I have been known to not know what day it is but I think I have it right for Tuesday.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 03:39 AM
Olander which one

(11) Lexington over Dreher or
Lexington loses to (09) Dreher

My pick would be Lexington seeing how Aiken beat Dreher 3-0 in a scrimmage about 2 wks ago

But those are the boys rankings you have on ur list of predictions.
Posted By: benp Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 03:46 AM
why do you not include scisa matches?
(9)Dreher lost to (2) Ben Lippen 1-0 a week ago.
Posted By: Chapindad Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 03:06 PM
Predictions and Prognostications

4A Ranked Teams
Aiken loses to (05) Irmo by 3
Greenbrier (GA) loses to (02) South Aiken by 2
(07) James Island over Colleton County by 15
Laurens loses to (14) Greenwood by 3
(06) Spring Valley over West Florence by 3
(03) Wando over (08) Summerville by 2
Irmo(14) over Dutch Fork(12) by 2

3A Ranked Teams
(08) Chapin beats (02) Brookland-Cayce by 1
Clover loses to (01) Eastside by 12
Georgetown loses to (11) North Myrtle Beach by 6
(09)Lexington beats (09) Dreher by 4
(07) Socastee loses to (05) Myrtle Beach by 2
(13) St. James over Waccamaw by 4
Strom Thurmond loses to (10) Airport by 10
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 03:12 PM
My concerns are with your DF game and BC as well. I agree with the rest, but I must add that G-wood will pound Laurens by many more.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 03:29 PM
Dutch Fork girls do not play Fort Mill this season. Dutch Fork boys play Fort Mill today.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 03:40 PM
That's what I was saying about this being the boys schedule. FM boys are #4, FM girls are #1.

Should be a great match between the boys teams tonight at DF.
Posted By: LF Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 04:26 PM
For some reason the posters here are mixing the boys and girls teams and schedules in the same posts above. I would think we should only be talking about the girls teams on this thread since it is in the girls section of the message board. Lexington girls are ranked (9), and Lexington boys are ranked(11). Should be an interesting game for the girls tonight as the former Lexington boys soccer coach returns to Wildcat Hollow with the Dreher girls team. Looking for a win from both the boys and girls of Lexington tonight...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 04:33 PM
It's the new co-ed league. Participation should skyrocket.
Posted By: Shannon Champ Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 04:43 PM
Two predictions with St. James over Waccamaw....obviously have no clue about soccer on the coast.
Posted By: Chapindad Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 06:48 PM
Interested Coach,

You would be exactly right about have any clue. Good thing is that I will edit my predictions if people give me a clue. We hear about the same teams on the board all the time and need more info on some of the less well-known schools out there. So please post us a message letting us know in detail why I don't have a clue, or just ask my wife or children if you need some help.

I just copied Orlando for the schedule, and "yes" I would jump off a bridge if he did. (I got your back, Orlando)...

Later

Above Predictions have been edited...
Posted By: Shannon Champ Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/15/05 07:32 PM
Waccamaw will beat St. James at least 2-3 to 0.

MB and Socastee will be a great match-up with MB claiming a close victory.

Georgetown, NMB, Conway, Carolina Forest are average this year with NMB probably being the best of the group.

Andrews(2A) is a new and young program.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 02:25 AM
In 2A, (#5) Woodruff 3 (#3) Emerald 1.

Woodruff senior Casey Cash scored twice from outside the 18. Emerald answered with a beautiful header off a corner kick. With 3 minutes to play and Emerald pushed forward for the equalizer, Woodruff freshman Stacy Vernon scored on a counter-attack.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 02:28 AM
A great game to watch. [Smile]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 02:31 AM
Aiken 0 Irmo 1

Well fought game by both teams!
Posted By: Celtic9 Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 03:07 AM
Spartanburg 3
Byrnes 0
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 03:40 AM
Lugoff-Elgin 5
Lakewood 1

Hat-trick for Stevie Icenhour
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 03:50 AM
BC over Chapin 2-1 in OT. Chapin played really hard and brought their "A" team for sure. They were very physical and there was a good bit of roughness on both sides. I sat with my Chapin friends during the whole game...but had to go to BC for the OT, I couldn't sit down, too tense. Good job to both teams!
Posted By: deahler Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 04:08 AM
Lexington 1, Dreher 0
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 04:22 AM
Eastside 7 Clover 0

The Clover Lady Blue Eagles hosted the Eastside Lady Eagles at Clover Memorial Stadium under clear skies, little breeze, cool evening. Clover and Eastside came out running but Eastside showed the first tally on a goal (:09) by sophomore midfield #3 Shea Bielby on a pass from senior sweeper #8 Michelle Woodbury that totally split the Clover defense. Sophomore forward #6 Brentley Roberts scored the second goal (:17) on a pass from senior midfielder #4 Amanda Jenkins. Clover scored an own goal on an Eastside corner kick (:25). The last goal of the first half was scored by sophomore midfielder #22 Kimberley Ruck on a pass from sophomore #14 Kindal Wessel.

The Eastside ladies must have been challenged by the coach to see how fast a goal could be scored in the 2nd half. He must have also reminded them how flat they play for the first 10 minutes of the second half because they came out afire. Sophomore forward #10 Abby Martin scored in the first minute of the half and then five minutes later assisted by junior midfielder #18 Kendall Rice. #18 scored at :55 on an assist from senior forward #11 Lauren Reader.

The Blue Eagles fought to the end even gaining a PK in the box but were unable to convert. Both Eastside goalies played preserving the shutout. This match throw-ins 33 Eastside and 28 Clover, goal kicks 2 Eastside and 29 Clover. Though Clover was out-played, the gave a valiant effort and never gave up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 04:23 AM
Weel, I don't understand the scoreboard system because I kept picking girls and 4A and it gave me the boys schedule each time I guess. That will teach me to be in a hurry and not check the teams individual schedules.
Posted By: jwoodring Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 10:08 AM
Hilton Head Christian 3

Bluffton 0
Posted By: Chapindad Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 11:51 AM
The BC/Chapin game was no doubt the best soccer game I have seen in several years. It was a very high energy type of game and I believe it came down to who had the most gas left in the end. Chapin made a very bad defensive mistake at the end and BC scored. BC made a very bad mistake at the end and we shoot over the net.

I was very proud of the Chapin Girls and they should be very proud of themselves.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 12:29 PM
Wando 2-1 over Summerville.
A very even game with not a lot of sustained possession by either team. I guess I will attribute that to good defense by both.
Have to commend W. Narramore for a particularly good effort on a long one on one run through several defenders for the winning goal.

I really wish it would warm up! These old bones start to ache in the cold wind.
Posted By: Chapindad Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 01:56 PM
Interested Coach,

Now I understand why I don't have a clue. Paying attention to detail is not always my best strength. My mind kept seeing St. James as James Island. I agree with your prediction. Someone needs to change their name for us slow people. [Smile]

Later
Posted By: Shannon Champ Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 02:39 PM
CD -

Well, maybe you did have the inside clue as WHS was upset last night...played very poorly. I should bite my tongue from now on. St. James played a great game and if they can continue with that same level of play they will be a team to watch along the coast.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 03:09 PM
Eating crow is a normal part of most people's diet...especially mine.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 03:30 PM
MB 4

Socastee 0
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 06:35 PM
CD-

Although the BC/Chapin game was a nail biter at times...it wasn't the best game I have seen played....I hope both teams learned from their numerous mistakes...and let us all make those mistakes now, and not later in the season. BC needs to get more consistent, and hopefully that will come. All in all, I was glad when the 2nd OT whistle was blown...I could finally breathe:)
Posted By: Chapindad Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 09:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bozladyvp:
CD-

Although the BC/Chapin game was a nail biter at times...it wasn't the best game I have seen played....I hope both teams learned from their numerous mistakes...and let us all make those mistakes now, and not later in the season. BC needs to get more consistent, and hopefully that will come. All in all, I was glad when the 2nd OT whistle was blown...I could finally breathe:)

I did say that it was the best game I have seen "played". I said "The BC/Chapin game was no doubt the best soccer game I have seen in several years." Meaning that I really enjoyed the energy and level of effort from both teams. If these women play consistent every time, trapped the ball perfectly and always struck the ball, then we wouldn't be watching a HS game played by 14-18 year old women. I would be watching professional soccer instead.

I know a lot of BC parents and players where expecting a 6-0 win. I could hear them clearly outside the scoring booth including the potty mouth my 3 1/2 year old son had to listen to all night. So I can undertsand your feelings about the game.

Most HS games tend to be very low energy and the level of effort isn't always there but this game was an exception. It had all the feeling of a championship game. Not one girl on either team was willing to go down without a fight. This type of game is what turns into great rivalries.
Posted By: Penguin Fan Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 11:17 PM
Chapindad- Mr. John L.? None of the BC players and parents, that I know, expected a 6-0 victory over Chapin. The Eagles have a long history of excellent soccer, Chapin beat B-C 3-0 last year, and have an excellent coach in John Rosier. The BC girls expected what they got --a hard fought game. Had BC finished their many opportunities to score in the first half, even missing an unguarded goal in overtime, the complexion of the game might have been different. But they didn't finish---that's soccer.

B-C had 19 shots on goal to Chapin's 8.

All in all it made for an exciting game and I heartily agree with your statement, "The BC/Chapin game was no doubt the best soccer game I have seen in several years."

It may have been me under the press box and if I used bad language, I certainly apologize, I don't remember using such language.

Chapin is a young and talented team. I expect they will see a great deal of success in the future.
Posted By: Chapindad Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/16/05 11:31 PM
Everyone seems to know me, but never seem to introduce themselves. I am not nearly as clever to figure out all the names. Except maybe Deahler.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/17/05 04:35 AM
Mr. L, I don't know about Penquin, but I am just a good investigator, I just ask other parents, lol I wasn't the potty mouth, thank goodness, because I only hung out with Penquin for the last 2 OT's. I don't think either of us breathed much less cussed. I actually met Dealer at another BC game when a BC parent who knew him introduced him. I will introduce myself next time I promise, or ask the Connors to point me out.

I agree with Penquin though, we were very nervous about this game...as we have formed a good rivalry. It is hard to get mad at the players when you know them and the parents which keeps the fighting to a dull roar:) Looking forward to our next match up!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/17/05 01:59 PM
In rereading my last post, it may have sounded like I thought that Penquin "was" the potty mouth....I don't think that at all. Sorry, and I apologize for me and any other parents who don't control their mouths at any sporting event. I try to keep a sucker in my mouth to ensure that I behave:)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/18/05 02:14 AM
Bozladyvp, will I meet you and your friends at BC Friday night or Saturday? Our crowd has to use suckers to keep quiet sometimes, too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/18/05 02:39 AM
Olander, I would love to meet you Friday night if possible? What time are you guys going to be here? We play wkhs at 4:30, probably won't stick around too much after that? I usually sit around the press box...I will have a pin with my daughters pic on it...or ask where is Mallory's Mom? I look forward to meeting you:)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/18/05 02:47 AM
We have the 9 pm game and will be rooting for Eastside. Maybe see you Saturday. I'll have a clipboard, green coat, gray scarf, fingerless gloves, and a short beard. My wife will be with me watching our senior daughter play in her last season.

Now I'll probably get picked on. :-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scores 3/15/2005 - 03/18/05 02:10 PM
Olander-Who would pick on you? Nah, I might still be there for a bit and I might even come back and watch part of your game. I will look for you if not Saturday. Who is your daughter? Mallory is my senior #13, she was marking #10 in our match up. Drive down safe today!
© SC Soccer