SC Soccer
Whew!

Fort Mill 1
Aiken 0

Aiken Lady Hornets came to play and did a great job bottling Fort Mill up. Congrats to Coach Johnson on a well-conceived game plan.
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 12:29 AM
Daniel 8
Union 0

Goals by Aaron (3), Becker, Jacher, Adair (2), Hill

Senior S.Aaron's third goal was her 100th career goal in just three years. (She sat out her sophomore year due to injury).

Robinson and Ellis combined for the shutout.
Posted By: redcard Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 12:55 AM
Myrtle Beach 8
Timberland 0
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 12:55 AM
J.F. Byrnes 2
T.L. Hanna 1

#1 seed Hanna "upset" by #4 seed Byrnes (who coincidently gave AAA #1 Riverside their first regular season loss). Great match with lively fans on both sides. Hanna Centre Forward Caitlin Robinson got the jackets on the board first with a quick turn and shot off a free kick from Molly Harpe. Jackets D holds firm for the half.

Ahhhhhhhh, the second half. The guy who coined the phrase "It's not how you start, but how you finish" would be shot should he come into the city limits right now. Byrnes attacked the flanks well, Hanna adjusted. Byrnes adjusted and crammed it down the middle. Hanna adjusted again. The first goal made bad words shower down from the heavens as Hanna keeper Kendall Maxwell came out of the box for a cross, caught it, and then was hit/bumped by a Byrnes attacker. The force from contact backed her into the goal. A goal was called, then questioned by yours truly. The centre ref deferred the Hanna coach's appeal to his collegiate counterpart running the Byrnes sidelines. She, dumbstruck, declined to overturn the call. No hard feelings here, of course. Whatever doubts about Byrnes ability to score a legit goal were erased shortly thereafter following a well placed laser after a ball bounced one too many times in the box. The jackets pushed and pushed to no avail. Ballgame.
Posted By: truefan Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:30 AM
Lexington 11
Lancaster 0
Posted By: Wally Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:33 AM
Dutch Fork 12
Hartsville 0
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:34 AM
Congrats, Steph, on the goal total! She is a great player and young lady.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:36 AM
Hey Lex & DF,

Any #1 seed can beat a #4 seed 11-0. Try and win 1-0, it's real interesting!!!
Posted By: NHSXCOACH Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:37 AM
Northwestern 1 - South Aiken 0
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:38 AM
TL Hanna and Wren had brutal first-round match ups. Very tough draws for a #1 and a #2 seed.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:39 AM
Irmo 3
Clover 1

Clover had a 1-0 lead at the half.
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:52 AM
Class 3A
Brookland-Cayce 10-0 Lakewood
Posted By: kick_ball Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:54 AM
Hey Deahler i didnt know that your keeper girl had such a powerful shot!! sweet goal!!
Posted By: futbolfan Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:04 AM
James Island 3
Ft. Dorchester 1
Posted By: FutbolMadness Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:10 AM
Wando - 8
Beaufort - 0
Posted By: Celtic9 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:11 AM
Spartanburg 3
Wren 1
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:34 AM
Anybody have a score on Marlboro County-Swansea?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:48 AM
Region 1 was swept as well as Region 6. Good stuff by R2 and R5
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:49 AM
Region 3 4A split. If Clover could have held on we would have won three out of four!
Posted By: Tony King Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:57 AM
Another close one- again - for the Lady Bengals- This one a win however!

3-2 over Seneca - sudden death OT.

Congrats to Coach Schult and his ladies for a great game and season- Very classy group of young ladies.

Coach King
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 03:00 AM
Congratulations Tony....good for you and the Blythewood girls.
Posted By: deahler Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 03:06 AM
kick_ball,

That "keeper girl" merely was the last one to touch what was a beautiful play by Allie Johns.
Posted By: jwoodring Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 03:12 AM
AAA
Carolina Forest 2 Bluffton 1
Hilton Head 5 North Myrtle Beach 0
Posted By: Tony King Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 03:18 AM
Thank you Hurst-- Congrats to your Fort Mill Girls as well! Who does that give you next?

tk
Posted By: playball Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 03:28 AM
3A DREHER 5 - Belton-Honea Path 0
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 04:01 AM
Summerville 6
Berkeley 0

Berkeley's first-ever trip to the playoffs; I think stage fright helped to contribute to the 5-goal first half! Good luck to Summerville as the show continues; this ol' coach will have to remember what to do when he's not preparing for the next match!
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 10:52 AM
From the Greenville News:

Mann 2
Greenville 1

Mauldin 4
Greenwood 0
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 11:28 AM
From Spartanburg Herald-Journal

GIRLS SOCCER

Chapman 3, Walhalla 0: Emily Tucker scored two goals and assisted on another all in the second half as the Panthers (6-9) shut Walhalla (7-10) out of the playoffs 3-0 at Walhalla's Memorial Field.

Walhalla out shot the Panthers 10-5, had four corner kicks to Chapman's none and even had one free kick that resulted in nothing.

Spartanburg 3, Wren 1: Sarah Harakas, Gabriela Acosta and Aley Russell scored for the Vikings (13-7) and they outshot Wren 15-4 at Wren to advance to the second round of the 4A playoffs. Spartanburg will play at Fort Mill, a 1-0 winner against Aiken, at 7 p.m. Wednesday

Pendleton 2, Broome 1, PK: Lauren Hutson scored the Centurions' only goal and Broome (8-9) lost on penalty kicks.
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 11:30 AM
Also, S H-J

Dorman 6
Easley 1
Posted By: stallsoccer Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 11:59 AM
Socastee 7 Stall 0
Posted By: Cap'n Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 12:33 PM
2A playoffs

Pendleton 2 (pk's 2-1)
Broome 1

Broome scored early in the first half, Pendleton found the equlizer off a corner kick that was cuaght by the defender on the back post resulting in a PK. Game remained tied through all four overtime periods and went into PK's where GK Caitlin Williams is like money in the bank! Pendleton moves on to face playoff nemesis Southside Christian on Wednesday.

Great job girls!
Posted By: Tigscam Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 12:40 PM
I know Purpleandyellow has already posted the score, but I thought I would add a little more about the Broome vs. Pendleton game. Lauren Hutson scored the opening goal of the game inside the first 15 minutes on an assist by Mackenzie Camby. Pendleton tied the game up right before the half on a PK after the ball was handled in the box. The second half, both 10 minute OT periods and both 5 minute SD periods were scoreless. The PKs were won by Pendleton 2-1 with Isabelle Berry scoring for Broome.

Caroline Moss only had to make 2 saves for the entire game. The Pedleton keeper kept her team in the game. She scored on the PK, made numerous saves to prevent Broome from scoring, scored on the first PK after OT and stopped 2-3 well taken PKs from the Broome players.

The refs were so-so with numerous calls that were outright wrong (I admit some were judgement calls and both teams got the short end of the stick). I especially think that they should have at least warned (if not carded) the Pendleton keeper for her time wasting tactics and her overall attitude. She was a good keeper, but her arrogance and some of the things she does to try and intimidate and show up her opponents will only serve to either get herself or an opponent injured (if not already). I am all for a physical and confident keeper but what she was doing all night was largely uncalled for. Just my 2 cents.

Broome finishes with an overall record of 8-9, which I believe is the best the program has ever done. Both the offense and defense were much better than last year. Things should continue to improve next year with a talented freshman class coming up. Great work ladies!
Posted By: manuworshipper Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 12:42 PM
ACF 4
Pickens 0

Great game Lady Falcons
Posted By: Coach J Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 12:56 PM
WA 2
Stradford 1 -- it's StraTford
Posted By: deahler Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:10 PM
Does anyone know the Sumter RNE score?
Posted By: Meredith Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:25 PM
Swansea-8
Marlboro County-0

#14 Satoya-average player with 53 goals. The team was technically unsound (toe kicking was the fad). However, congratulations to Marlboro county on a good season!
Swansea with 5 different players with goals.
Long Drive!
Posted By: bschult Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:34 PM
Congrats to Tony King and the Blythewood girls. They played a very sound game and Seneca was lucky to be leading in the second half despite being outshot 33-8. We almost held them off but they got the equilizer with about 8 minutes left to force OT. The reffing was pretty good, a lot of non calls but was equal both ways and when it did start getting rough they stepped up and made the calls that were necessary including a yellow card against.

No one should be shocked that our two goals came from Krystal Goss and Emily Nicholson who I am glad to say are only a freshman and a sophomore respectively. Hopefully that carries over to next season. As for now though, good luck to the rest of the teams left in it, and good luck to Daniel, keep holding strong for Region I cause you're our only hope now!!!
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 01:34 PM
Fort Mill Squeaks By Aiken

From The Rock Hill Herald:

http://www.heraldonline.com/102/story/16550.html
Posted By: The Fan Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:02 PM
Congrats to Swansea. Looks like they have a shot to make it to the 3rd round for the first time. Way to go!
Posted By: LF Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:24 PM
Sounds like this was a good game. Congrats to Aiken for a good job against a very good FM team. It only gets harder from now on....
Posted By: Dreher Dad Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 02:53 PM
Riverside / Lugoff-Elgin score?
Eastside / Chester score?

I assume the 'sides' won. Were some forfeits involved here?

Congrats to Blythewood. Up next - Dreher at Memorial.

Cumulative season score - Dreher 10 - Blythewood 2.
Does anyone know the scores for the Sumter vs. Richland Northeast game, and West Florence vs. Ridge View game??? Please post if you know! Thankyou!
Ridge View 2-0 West Florence
Ridge View 2
West Florence 0

I don't know the RNE/Sumter score . . .
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 03:29 PM
Greenville News has

Riverside 7

LE 0

No Eastside score (and they did have two other scores backwards!)
Quote:

Does anyone know the scores for the Sumter vs. Richland Northeast game ...

RNE won. Not sure of the score but I heard it may have been 3-2 in OT.
Greenville News print edition:

Eastside 10
Chester 0
manu,
Did all the Flora girls play?
Posted By: SockerKnut Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 07:07 PM
Quote:

As stated earlier,

Lugoff-Elgin - 0
Riverside - 7

Although Riverside was definitely the better team in this matchup, Lugoff-Elgin would never forfeit a matchup in the playoffs.
Posted By: Dreher Dad Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 07:24 PM
Quote:

Quote:

As stated earlier,

Lugoff-Elgin - 0
Riverside - 7

Although Riverside was definitely the better team in this matchup, Lugoff-Elgin would never forfeit a matchup in the playoffs.

Didn't mean to imply that anyone forfeited. I could not understand why the scores for the numbers 1 & 2 3A teams in the state had not been posted by late morning. I looked at this site - no scores until I asked. I looked at the high school league bracket - they didn't post scores until after noon, and they still don't have some. I looked at the Greenville News website - even though several have referenced that paper, I still can't find the scores on their website. I checked The State - what a waste of time. I checked the four school's websites - found nothing.

If I checked that many sources up until late morning and still couldn't find anything, I had to assume that I had missed something and that something might have been a forfeiture.
Posted By: Dreher Dad Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 07:33 PM
Oh, and I was also checking the eurosportscoreboard site. They still don't have the scores, either.
Posted By: playball Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 11:35 PM
Blythewood had some close games with rank teams- two losses to AC Flora, but only by one goal each time. AND Blythewood's loss to #4 Airport was only by one goal. Wednesday's game is up for grabs.
Posted By: playball Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/01/07 11:39 PM
Quote:

Blythewood had some close games with rank teams- two losses to AC Flora, but only by one goal each time. AND Blythewood's loss to #4 Airport was only by one goal. Wednesday's game is up for grabs.

Blythewood vs Dreher
Posted By: manuworshipper Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/02/07 01:22 AM
2004striker
Yes I posted the score earlier

Acf 4
Pickens 0
Posted By: Dreher Dad Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/02/07 01:12 PM
Quote:

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this assessment. By most accounts, Blythewood is playing better while Dreher peaked before spring break. The team has yet to return to their pre-break level of play. Last week, they lost two winnable games (Hammond & ACF) and struggled against CN. They did look better against B-HP Monday.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/02/07 01:23 PM
manu,
I saw the score, but I wondered if all the ladies were allowed to participate.........
Posted By: CarolinaMom 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:21 AM
Don't know if you want 2nd round here or not, but Eastside was beating AC Flora 4-0 with about 10 minutes left in game....any word on Riverside game?
Posted By: MUDDYWATERS03 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:45 AM
Wade Hampton 1 Barnwell 2
Stacy
Posted By: philly Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:51 AM
Hilton Head 5
Brookland Cayce 2
Posted By: futbolfan Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:16 AM
Dutch Fork 1
James Island 0
Posted By: deahler Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:16 AM
AAAA Upper State:

Byrnes 2
Northwestern 0

Irmo 3
Dorman 1

Fort Mill 2
Spartanburg 1

Lexington 2
Mauldin 1 (OT)
Posted By: soccer05 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:16 AM
Any Wando score???? details???????
Posted By: backrow1 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:20 AM
Summerville 2
Ridge View 0
Posted By: Dreher Dad Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:26 AM
Blythewood 2 - Dreher 1 (OT)
Posted By: FutbolMadness Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:26 AM
Wando - 2
Spring Valley - 0

Great game by both sides - hard fought all the way!

Goals - Krista Ross(PK) & Jennifer Riley

Shutout - Keeper Jade Davis
Posted By: realmccoy Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:33 AM
A scorcher at The Mill, a BARN burner...
FM gets the early pressure and the first 3 shots, but cannot get a score. At the 11th minute, S'burg catches a break: Breeden has the ball in the box, she spins to her left and lofts the ball over Salerno into the far corner...S'burg leads 1-0. FM falters for a moment, then resumes the pressure. 30th minute: Ashleigh Sheets fires a ball in the box and it deflects off a S'burg hand. EVERYBODY sees it, a red flare, US Navy signal hand ball in the box...S'burg keeper Rainer throws her hands to her head as she sees it....no call. 2nd half, 50th minute, Sheets charges into the box with the ball...WHAM and goes to the ground....no call. With 11 minutes to play, ahead in shots 11-4, Sheets lets loose a rocket from the top of the box past a leaping Rainer...tied 1-1. More pressure, bodies flying everywhere. 90 seconds to play...Macy Simpson wheels around the left corner of the box with the ball, pushes closer, gets off a shot, it loses speed as it deflects off of a S'burg defender...a second defender catches up to the ball, ewxtends her foot to try to flick it away...and pokes it into the net...own goal...Lady Jackets advance.

Credit Spartanburg for being fast, strong, skilled, well-coached in ALL facets of the game. Words cannot do this one justice.
Posted By: Chantman Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:37 AM
Quote:

Wando - 2
Spring Valley - 0

Great game by both sides - hard fought all the way!

Goals - Krista Ross(PK) & Jennifer Riley

Shutout - Keeper Jade Davis

Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:37 AM
Ahhhhhh...Byrnes. I feel ya there Cantona.

By the way, MIKE MAULDIN IS THE MAN!!!!
Posted By: redcard Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:45 AM
Myrtle Beach 3
Chapin 1
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:54 AM
Daniel 4
Mann 5

Hard fought, back and forth game. Daniel was down 2-4 ten minutes into the second half and fought back to tie it up. The supposed go-ahead goal for Daniel was put in the net off a header by Goodstein but was disallowed when the AR called offside. Mann scored the winning goal off a header by with three minutes left in the game.

Daniel goals by Aaron (2), Jacher, Bryan
Mann goals by Wilson (2), Moseley, Sikkelee (2)

Congratulations to Daniel's seniors: Stephanie Aaron, Caitlin Blake, Abby Poole, and Becca Goodstein

And stay tuned, this story might not be over.....
Posted By: Joel Banta Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:55 AM
I guess all those "weak" games prepared MB for Chapin? Could have been worse.
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:58 AM
Woodruff 6
Chapman 0
Posted By: soccer05 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:07 AM
Thanks, FutbolMadness!
Posted By: deahler Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:10 AM
The only AAAA score missing is RNE/West Ashley . . . anyone?
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:15 AM
FutbolMadness,

Boy that Jennifer Riley is a real late bloomer. Eleven days ago she is leading the Wando JV Girls to victory in the Irmo JV tournament and now, she scores a crucial goal in a 2-0 second-round VARSITY state playoff game.

Were the coaches blind to her varsity ability????....or was somebody sand-bagging in a JV tournament? I smell a ringer!

Any way, congratulations to both Jennifer and Wando. Wando will be a very tough out in this tournament.
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:22 AM
Anybody?

SCS v. Pendleton?
Gilbert v. Emerald?

We AA/A people care
Posted By: CoachMorris Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:23 AM
May 2
Airport 2 Socastee 1 OT

Socastee's keeper Lisa Lesnick had a heck of a game and should be commended for her play. Coach Chad Mitchell's team played hard and with a lot of heart.
Goals for Airport were Carrie Jacques and Courtney Shumpert.

Airport plays at Hilton Head on Friday.
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:23 AM
Also heard Dorman lost 3 players to injury during the match? Physical match or over-the-top? Any one?
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:27 AM
Congrats to Spartanburg on a good season and a great effort tonight. They got the early goal and I thought they were going to salt the game away. They defended very tough, gave no space and shut down the passing lanes. Fort Mill had to gut it out in dramatic fashion.

It wasn't pretty (and we may have been a little lucky), but we live to play another day.

Hello Lex!
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:29 AM
Spartanburg is very well coached and very young. They should be proud of their season for sure!
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:32 AM
Not only do those Spartanburg coaches do a great job on the field, they are a class act off the field. It was nice talking with them tonight.
Posted By: deahler Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:32 AM
Survive and advance . . .
Posted By: beachfan Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:40 AM
Academic Magnet - 5
Indian Land - 0
Posted By: deahler Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:41 AM
Spartanburg is young, as is Mauldin, and I think someone said that Dorman has 7 freshman on their roster. Things will get even tougher in Region 2 in the next couple of years. Region 4 also has some very young teams in it. The depth of talent/teams in AAAA soccer bodes very well for soccer in this state. Three different Region champs are already eliminated in just the second round, and a fourth place team is in the "elite eight". Lots of good teams . . . and coaching goin' on.
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:57 AM
CC 2
West Oak 1

Riverside 3
Wade Hampton 0

(Nice coverage on WHNS TV)
Posted By: Team Player Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 03:03 AM
West Ashley 3
RNE 0
Posted By: Tony King Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 04:00 AM
Well I see Dreher Dad already beat me to the posting of the score, "-DRAT-" I do however want to take a moment and thank the Lady Bengals for a great game tonight and an outstanding game especially by our keeper Brookanne Kuhn as well as Alexis Allen who had a great game on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball. I can earnestly say that everyone on the team had a great game including those who were cheering from the sidelines and keeping the mojo going.

I now want to thank my wife for helping keep me humble after such a big win for our program. I quote "Tell the girls congratulations and that I am very proud of them. You need to pick up toilet paper on the way home. Call me when you get back to the school so I can remind you so you won't forget....."
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 10:41 AM
Women are good like that. After we lost to Byrnes, I came home to dirty diaper duty and "must return" dvd from blockbuster. Kind of puts it all into perspective...
Posted By: BHSsoccer Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 11:50 AM
Barnwell 2
Wade Hampton 1
Posted By: Ruler of the Pitch Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 11:55 AM
Anyone with details on BC/Hilton Head //// Chapin/MB (chapin dad) or Swansea/Carolina Forest ????
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:02 PM

Fort Mill squeaks by Spartanburg. Great photos of Spartanburg's McIntyre Hargrove and Aley Russell.

http://www.heraldonline.com/209/story/16648.html
Posted By: formerhscoach Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:08 PM
CCES 2
West Oak 1

Shots: CCES - 25
West Oak - 6

Goals - CCES Bowne, Bagnal Assists - CCES Bagnal, Harrill
West Oak - Marcengill
Posted By: JIMBO Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:12 PM
Emerald 1
Gilbert 4
Posted By: theowalcott Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:18 PM
hhhs will be in the state championship.
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:25 PM

I don't see a recap from Lex so this is information I have from the Mauldin vs Lexington match. Lexington scored on a set piece in the middle of the first half. Mauldin seem to be slow at the start of the game, but picked it up after the Lexington score. Mauldin tied the score near the end of the 1st half on a header over the Lexington keeper. 2nd half back and forth no goals. Overtime Lexington scores again on a set piece 2-1. Mauldin has 3 chances to score the best one bouncing off the post and the follow up was missed wide. Maudlin had 3 injuries 2 to key players. A physical match for both teams. Mauldin has 6 freshman on this team and only 2 seniors.

On another note the word on the street is the JL Mann player red carded on Monday played last night. Are the red card rules different for the playoffs?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:30 PM
This is why the game is under protest. It is reported by the Anderson Independent that a Mann girl was ejected Monday, yet played in the match on Wednesday. Perhaps the ejection was appealed and won by Mann, for I can't imagine a coach would do that. Especially Gwynne who knows the rules back and forth. There is some piece of information missing. Also, the disallowed goal for Daniel was an offsides call on a corner kick. Unless the ball was knocked outside the 6, the defense then pushed up, and the ball played back to a Daniel player "camping out" for the goal - it should have been allowed. Playoff officials are very good, so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt...even when a college kid who used to post here doesn't call a keeper getting knocked into the goal when she had a front row seat to it. Who's bitter? Not me!
Posted By: Cesar Robles Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:43 PM
recap of the Northwestern vs. Byrnes match

http://www.heraldonline.com/267/story/16646.html
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 12:54 PM
Jimbo

any details on the Gilbert/Emerald match?
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:16 PM
Quote:

This is why the game is under protest. It is reported by the Anderson Independent that a Mann girl was ejected Monday, yet played in the match on Wednesday. Perhaps the ejection was appealed and won by Mann, for I can't imagine a coach would do that. Especially Gwynne who knows the rules back and forth. There is some piece of information missing.

Mann's claim is the red resulted from a second yellow and this was cleared with the SCHSL.
Quote:

Also, the disallowed goal for Daniel was an offsides call on a corner kick. Unless the ball was knocked outside the 6,

which it wasn't
Quote:

the defense then pushed up,

which they didn't
Quote:

and the ball played back to a Daniel player "camping out" for the goal

which it wasn't

Quote:

- it should have been allowed. Playoff officials are very good,

LOL

Two evenly matched teams, tough physical play, questionable calls on both sides, it's a shame it had to end in controversy. Stay tuned.
Posted By: Coach P Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:35 PM
Is the Mann/Daniel game under protest due to the offside call or because of a player they think should have been ineligible?

I'm sure everyone knows this, but according to the rules, one cannot be guilty of offside when receiving the ball directly from a corner kick. I certainly hope it was on a subsequent pass.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:39 PM
I hope Byrnes wins it all and Hanna gets ranked #2 and Northwestern #3.

I also hope Neverplayed's ref as well as my young lady are forced to drive to games at least 1.5 hours away for the next 2 seasons.

I also hope that we return to the old seeding format which gives more points for playing teams in higher classification and with winning records.

I also hope I have enough time to make a bracket based on this information. That would be awesome.
Posted By: kickman Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:40 PM
I have seen many an offsides on a corner. Usually, it is the kicker. He/She kicks it infront of the goal and all the defenders step towards it, then the kicker comes and plays off a pass or deflection and is offsides.
Also, I do not see this called often, but technically if a player is considered a threat the goalie must be mindful of, that player could be called offside even if he/she does not play the ball. I can imagine if a player were marking the goalie, and the post defenders were a step or two off the posts, then that player may be offsides.
Just my two cents, since I did not see the game at all.
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:40 PM
Daniel officials are questioning the player eligibility issue. There is nothing they can do about the (bogus) offside call.
Posted By: deahler Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:42 PM
W&E,

It seems that goalies are "free game". Like your game W&E, Mauldin's goal was scored on Lexington last night when the Mauldin players were allowed to knock down the goalie, who had possesion of the ball. I found it interesting that fan_of_sports called it a header over the goalie.
Posted By: The Fan Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:45 PM
Gilbert won 4-1 over Emerald

Swansea lost 3-1 to Carolina Forest

Allan, were you at the Swansea match? I had them picked to go to the 3rd round.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:47 PM
deahler, your pain is my pain as you pay close attention to what goes on in the 18. May he be struck with a terrible, terrible 3 day rash.
Posted By: Wits End Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:52 PM
Regarding the offside call on the corner kick, are you sure the ball didn't go out of bounds and come back in? The AR's signal is similar to an offside call and can easily be mistaken.
Posted By: soccer05 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 01:54 PM
H66-You still squawking about JR? Wando JV beat Ft Mill 1-0 on a goal by Kent Seignious. Get over it!
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:06 PM
deahler,

Quote:

Mauldin's goal was scored on Lexington last night when the Mauldin players were allowed to knock down the goalie, who had possesion of the ball.

When both teams are fighting for a ball in the air who knocks who down? In that slit second the players are trying to head the ball away or into the net each player is giving their all. You say Mauldin was allowed but it was just physical play from both teams.
Posted By: deahler Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:12 PM
Ok, fair enough, then a more accurate description of the play would be . . . Mauldin was awarded a free kick just past midfield. The free kick was lofted near the box and was headed by a Mauldin player. The Lexington goalie came off of her line and fielded the ball. In the ensuing contact the ball was knocked free and into the goal.
Posted By: Meredith Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:13 PM
Yep, I was there.
Swansea controlled the game.
Swansea 15 shots to their 5.
Several fouls in the box (by CF) and handball no calls, even one where their girl swatted the ball in the box(red card and pk-no call-it was a terrible. Also, we had an own goal-SS. It was an all around a tough night for the girls (LONG DRIVE). However, despite adversity, we still had 7 shots inside the six an nailed the keeper every time.
Played well, they just did not finish!
Posted By: JIMBO Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:14 PM
P&Y -
At half time Gilbert had a 1-0 lead. Emerald looked flat in the second half and did not play well. Gilbert has one very fast foward #2. She scored three of the four goals last night. Gilbert likes to play it high and over the top for her to get a break away, and she prefers her right side. We adjusted and she still was able to move the ball. Not one of our better games.
Posted By: Cap'n Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:18 PM
AA Upper State

Pendleton 0
Southside Christian 2
Posted By: Meredith Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:22 PM
FYI-#2 gilbert will also use the outside of her right foot on the left side of the field (she will not use her left foot, because she is terrible with it). Gilbert will not play swansea next year because of gilbert's coach. Swansea only wanted to finish the game. They did not want too. However, this is the wish of gilbert's coach, not swansea's.
Posted By: letmeputittooyouthisway Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:39 PM
did ac flora play last night?
Posted By: JIMBO Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:43 PM
ALLAN -
Did you start a game with Gilbert and was it called because of lightening?
Posted By: Coach P Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:43 PM
Quote:

Eastside 4-0 A. C. Flora
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:44 PM
Quote:

Flora lost to Eastside 4-0
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:49 PM

deahler,

Agreed. Good Luck with Fort Mill. After reviewing Mauldin schedule if they would have a few breaks the season could have been very different with such a young team.

Season record 15-5

Lost twice to Dorman (two 1-0 matches)
Lost twice to Lexington ( 2-1 , 2-0)
Lost to Riverside in pk's

Region 2 4A will be strong again next year.
Posted By: defender4 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:55 PM
WANDOS GOIN ALL THE WAY!
Posted By: Meredith Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 02:57 PM
Yes we did. Called before the half.
Posted By: scrumhalf Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 03:01 PM
Sounds a bit like the play on the six @ the Taco Bell tourney with Lex v Mauldin, keeper in possession charged by a Mauldin player and knocked to the floor, ball out and over the goal line. Call? free kick to LEX, that is the correct call. Attacking players may not charge the keeper at any time and no player may be charged with the ball in the air.
Posted By: Coach P Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 03:04 PM
Quote:

Attacking players may not charge the keeper at any time...

scrumhalf: Please tell us where you found this in the rule book.
Posted By: iamdieselv2 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/03/07 03:05 PM
Myrtle Beach - 3
Chapin - 1
Posted By: JMCLEMSON Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/03/07 03:19 PM
I dont know if yall know what happened last night at the Dorman/Irmo game, but it was not good. The game was overshadowed by the loss of Jessica Bosak due to a horrific injury. You could hear the break from the stands, and it was gut renching. I believe she broke her tibia, and went through a three hour surgery, where she had to have a metal rod inserted in her tibia. Ive also heard she will be in the hospital till saturday. I will say, thats one of the worst sports injuries ive ever seen. Not to mention, dorman also lost another good player in Daisy Walker, for a good time during the 2nd period. Keep Bosak in your hearts and prayers!!
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/03/07 03:21 PM
Per SH-J—Hope she recovers soon and fully!

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20070503/NEWS/705030382/1018/SPORTS
Posted By: scrumhalf Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 03:26 PM
to clarify may not charge when in possession of the ball, shoulder to shoulder when both contesting for ball on the ground? same as field player.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/03/07 03:29 PM
soccer05,

I know who scored the goal. This isn't Monday-morning quarterbacking. I told you right on the field, after the match, that I felt you brought a gun to a knife fight.

I'm over it, just needling you....good luck in the lowerstate.
Posted By: soccer411 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 03:30 PM
Summerville also had a player suffer a severe leg fracture a few weeks ago. She also had surgery to place a rod in her leg. She collided with her own keeper and once they saw the injury, they called an ambulance. Very scary situation.
Posted By: manuworshipper Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/03/07 04:27 PM
Quote:

manu,
I saw the score, but I wondered if all the ladies were allowed to participate.........

sry this took so long but no not all of them got to play because of off the field incidents.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 05:19 PM
Quote:

W&E,

It seems that goalies are "free game". Like your game W&E, Mauldin's goal was scored on Lexington last night when the Mauldin players were allowed to knock down the goalie, who had possesion of the ball. I found it interesting that fan_of_sports called it a header over the goalie.

Fan of sports, what do you make of this?
Posted By: LF Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 05:34 PM
It was "exactly" as deahler reported it. Not sure where Fan of sports was at, but his view was obviously not the best...
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 05:35 PM
See previous post below:

deahler,

Quote:
Mauldin's goal was scored on Lexington last night when the Mauldin players were allowed to knock down the goalie, who had possesion of the ball.

When both teams are fighting for a ball in the air who knocks who down? In that slit second the players are trying to head the ball away or into the net each player is giving their all. You say Mauldin was allowed but it was just physical play from both teams.
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 05:40 PM
Here is deahler previous reply:

Ok, fair enough, then a more accurate description of the play would be . . . Mauldin was awarded a free kick just past midfield. The free kick was lofted near the box and was headed by a Mauldin player. The Lexington goalie came off of her line and fielded the ball. In the ensuing contact the ball was knocked free and into the goal.
Posted By: Blind ol Ref Re: JMCLEMSON - 05/03/07 06:37 PM
On behalf of all the Irmo fans I hope and pray for a full and speedy recovery for Ms.Bosak. It casts a pall over the complete game when a terrible injury occurs; such as the one last night. I certainly hope we will see her on the pitch again at full strength.
Posted By: arrogantlyshabby Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/03/07 11:27 PM
Anyone have any updates on the Daniel protest? It seems a shame that everyone involved has to continue to focus on a game that has already been played instead of the difficult one ahead (Eastside).
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/04/07 01:17 AM
According to the SCHSL, the Mann player received two yellow cards and was sent off. This "soft red" does not require a one game suspension, so she was eligible to play. Game result stands.

Good luck to the Lady Patriots against Eastside.
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 12:04 AM

Byrnes 1
Irmo 2

at the half....
Posted By: Spartan Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 01:00 AM
Quote:

deahler,

Quote:

Even with just one finger on the ball, the keeper is considered to have control of the ball...
...(Check the online rules interpretation)

Infringement is a seldom called in the SCHSL, but there have been many occasions where it should have...Keepers are often in vulnerable positions and should be protected by "enforcement" of the rules...

...unless you draw a ref that has played as a keeper, infringement is usually ignored
Posted By: philly Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 01:01 AM
HILTON HEAD 1
AIRPORT 0
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 01:07 AM
Quote:

Even with just one finger on the ball, the keeper is considered to have control of the ball...

One finger on the ball????? You must have been a keeper in your past life. Deahler and I have agreed on the play in earlier post. Sorry you missed that part of the post. Soccer plays on as I support Lexington in there quest.

Posted By: Spartan Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 01:11 AM
Like I said...Read the rules...

The rules aren't written by what you agree on with another poster...

...and that's right. ONE finger

(Never been a keeper, just like to read rules interps)
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 01:27 AM

Back to real news on this thread.....

Irmo 4
Byrnes 2

This was a great showing for Byrnes...

Anybody have a score from FM and Lex?????
Posted By: FutbolMadness Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 01:46 AM
Sorry to upset all the Upper-State people that were pulling for Summerville. They lost to Wando with a score of....... 1 to 0 .
The game was a very hard fought game. Summerville started the game on the attack. Thanks to the Wando defense there were no goals.
Wando goal - Olivia Urig
Shutout - Jade Davis
Posted By: LexFan1 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 01:53 AM
Lexington over Fort Mill 1-0
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 02:05 AM
Woodruff 10
Gilbert 0

No upset—Amanda Tinker netted 3 goals, bringing her career total to 101!

Bravo to WHS girls soccer for reaching Upper State for the first time in its history and to Tinker for a brilliant career. The defense has recorded 8 shut-outs since spring break—another bravo—with WHS outscoring several ranked AA/A teams 47-0 in that run.
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 02:18 AM
Anyone with lower-state AA/A results?

AM v. Wacc?

BE's match?
Posted By: Coach J Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 02:18 AM
DF 1
WA 0
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 02:21 AM
From Greenville Online:

Eastside 4
Mann 0

Christ Church 1
Southside Christian 2
Posted By: James Gray Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 02:38 AM
Spartan,
Quoting the rules, and enforcing the rules are two different things. You are correct that one finger can control the ball, but if the ball is still moving/rolling/oscillating in any way, it is not under control. A keeper has to have the ball in "control". This can be considered two hand control, hand to body control, hand to ground control, or even hand to post control. Those are your options. If the ball was rolling, or the keeper had it with one hand, and tried to pull it into their body, by moving it, a referee could consider that not in control by the way that the keeper decided to move the ball. This is one of those rules that is "in the opinion of the referee". So it is determinate on the referee that you have, and their intrepretation of "control". What fun, what fun....
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 02:45 AM
Quote:

FYI-#2 gilbert will also use the outside of her right foot on the left side of the field (she will not use her left foot, because she is terrible with it). Gilbert will not play swansea next year because of gilbert's coach. Swansea only wanted to finish the game. They did not want too. However, this is the wish of gilbert's coach, not swansea's.

Worst post of the week.
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 02:47 AM
#2 for Gilbert is a fast, strong, talented sophomore. She deserves ONLY positive posts. Gilbert's coach was also a class act tonight at the Woodruff match.
Posted By: The Fan Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 02:52 AM
I think that the match between Swansea and Gilbert was called at half-time, thus making it a complete match according to the SCHSL. Don't have to "finish" those.
Posted By: Meredith Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 03:10 AM
Stop beating a dead horse. The Fan, you need to stop saying what you think and base it on reality and facts. The Swansea-Gilbert game was called 4 minutes before the half. That was the report of the referee and finally the SCHSL. Nice try! Talk to SCHSL about it. W&E the truth hurts, doesn't it! I guess the truth is what you think is the worst. More Truth-Congratulations to Woodruff, you showed what kind of team Gilbert has-a One player show!
Posted By: Spartan Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 03:18 AM
Soccerboy,

I certainly agree with your assessment. I should have used the word "can" instead of "is".

Amazing how little words can get you in trouble (Bill knows)

I like one clever man's statement, "The rules never change...

...only the interpretation"
Posted By: Wally Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 03:33 AM
Three out of the four final teams in AAAA are from the mid-state. Quite an accomplishment for Lexington, Irmo, and Dutch Fork. If I'm not mistaken, the other team is not from the upstate, but from the coast. How 'bout that!!!
Posted By: CoachMorris Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 03:47 AM
May 4th
Airport 0 Hilton Head 1

"Home" field advantage was huge... Good luck to HH and the rest of the teams that are still in the playoffs.

Airport finishes the season 21-5. 3 of the losses were by the score 1-0 and the other 2 losses were by Pk's. Congratulations to the Airport lady eagles on their 1st ever region championship, 1st ever home playoff game(win), 1st ever 20 win season, and 3rd consecutive year making it to the lower state semifinals. All of this being done with losing 9 players from last years team(6 graduating and 3 deciding not to play for various reasons). Well done ladies!
Posted By: ahssoccer Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 04:21 AM
On the topic about goalies and there safety when airport boys played bluffton on thursday night the forward for bluffton slid studs up into the goalie and was not carded for it. I dont know what the ref told our coach for not carding him but i think in a situation like that the goalies safety would be a priority.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 12:05 PM
Lexington stings Fort Mill

http://www.heraldonline.com/102/story/17825.html

(I just spent 30 minutes writing a recap of the game....and it timed out! Arrgghhhh!)
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 12:26 PM
From the Greenville News:

Riverside 10
Blythewood 0

Christ Church 1
Southside Christian 2 (6-5 sudden death PK's)
Posted By: let 'em play Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 12:28 PM
Waccamaw 2
Academic Magnet 0
Posted By: The Fan Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 12:42 PM
Quote:

Stop beating a dead horse. The Fan, you need to stop saying what you think and base it on reality and facts. The Swansea-Gilbert game was called 4 minutes before the half. That was the report of the referee and finally the SCHSL. Nice try! Talk to SCHSL about it. W&E the truth hurts, doesn't it! I guess the truth is what you think is the worst. More Truth-Congratulations to Woodruff, you showed what kind of team Gilbert has-a One player show!

No one is beating a dead horse. First time that I mentioned it because I was curious about it. Sorry for doing research. I didn't get personal on this board and my info did come from the SCHSL. I'm not taking personal shots.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 12:55 PM
Quote:

...the post just keep getting dumber.
Posted By: soccer411 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 01:46 PM
5/4

Barnewell at BE

BE 7
Barnwell 0
[color:green] [/color] Round 2 Myrtle Beach 3 Chapin 1 Round 3 Myrtle Beach 10 Carolina Forest 1
There is a story of a little boy who comes home, shirt ripped! Nose bloody! Hair all a mess and a bright shiny black left eye beginning to show. His mother distraught and worried starts to coddle him and asks who beat you up? Who gave you that black eye? The boy does not hesitate in the least, puffs out his chest, smiles to reveal a missing tooth and with great enthusiasm and gratification announces to his mother and the rest of the bridge group gathered there at the house for their weekly game “No one GAVE me this black eye! I EARNED it!”

It really was a great season for my Lady Bengals this past year. Our goals were to make it to the third round of the playoffs this year- one better than last year-which we did- and to finished the season as a ranked team (That we are waiting on to see although I think we have made a pretty good argument for ourselves 3 of these last 4 games.) We developed incredibly over the season as a team playing a schedule that I believe will prove to have been tougher than anyone else in our region, our RD2 sister schools, or most other schools in the state. We lost some games we probably could/should have won, played well in some, ok in others, and poorly in a few. The ladies beat two different #15 teams as well as #5 and only lost to #3 by one goal. The Riverside game was I believe a combination of so much adrenaline draining soccer in three days, a little injury trouble, and an admittedly poor job by myself to get the girls ready and “up” for the game. We played over 200 minutes of hard nose soccer Monday and Wednesday to earn our way into the third round this year. The huge for us win over Dreher just left us drained and tired. I know the newspaper reported 20+ shots by Dreher to a few for us which implies a “lucky” win for us but I must come out of my normal form and rebuke that assumption just a bit. Many of the shots- Most of the “shots” recorded were long range, off frame, blasts that were aimed in the general direction of the goal. The number of shots versus the number of saves made should corroborate this to a point. We show Dreher as having 6 quality shots on goal—but then again—that is “our story.” There are other ‘hair splitting’ facts and figures associated with the game, but the bottom line is that the girl did earn their spot in the third round. AFTER the Dreher game is where I probably should have handled things differently, at practice Thursday and mentally leading up to the game last night. A bus full of sleeping teenage girls on the way to a quarterfinal playoff game was not a good omen in hindsight!!! Nor was the dead cat lying on my truck’s hood when I left the house that morning. As a second year program we are still “learning to win” and this year was a great education. Quite simply I did not have the girls ready to show up and play at all against Riverside. Maybe next year “coach” will get it right……… Thanks goes out to Coach Terry for not pulling his starters at the beginning of the 2nd half. I just want everyone to know that he did not intentionally run the score up- I specifically asked him not to hold back in the 2nd half or cut the game short. Heck we drove all the way up there, we at least wanted to get the full 80 minutes right?!?

Look for great things from us next year- sorry for the extra long post- but I wanted to make sure everyone knows how proud I am of these young ladies and what a great job they did this year. (And put in a plug to the ranking committee!!!)
Posted By: Meredith Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 10:02 PM
You like this one:
I think it might be the whiskey talking. However, I think it is just the fact that you are easy! (Have a sense of humor)
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/05/07 10:45 PM
Anybody got a "Stupid-to-English" translator?
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/07/07 02:52 PM
Hurst,

FM vs Lexington.

Dang...you timed out and your recap is gone !!!! I was looking forward to your take on the game. The sports article is fine but I believe your insights would have more interest on this message board. If you feel like reliving the game a short piece would be great other wise I understand.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/07/07 04:08 PM
fos,

After a full-weekend in Fayette Nam, running around watching my daughter's U-13 NCYSA state cup games, I'm bushed.

If someone wants to start a new "Lex-FM" thread to re-visit last Friday night, I'll probably chime in. If not, let the record show: Lexington 1, Fort Mill 0.
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/07/07 07:56 PM
W&E --

"Anybody got a "Stupid-to-English" translator?"

That's good. Don't know nothing 'bout the merits of the comments but that's good.

ps: Isn't it about time for a name change for you?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/07/07 08:00 PM
Heeee...heeee...he lives!!!
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/07/07 08:07 PM
Found lpaf, Amber Alert still out for Chico. (something tells me that there is a "gag order" in effect in his household until 9 PM Friday, May 11).
Posted By: Flying Soccer Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/07/07 10:20 PM
OH MY GAWD, HE'S A BUFFFETT FAN........
Posted By: cat's cradle Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/07/07 11:00 PM
Buffet—actually—that explains a lot—:)
Posted By: 2004striker Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/08/07 01:41 PM
From what I have heard from my WF boys, Chico has joined the Department of Soccer Justice to mete out some intense punishment on the Irmo girls this week-
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2nd Round Scores - 05/08/07 02:28 PM
Warren, actually...
Posted By: LexFan1 Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/09/07 01:00 AM
Lexington beat Irmo tonight 7-1
Posted By: arrogantlyshabby Re: 1st Round SCHSL playoff scores - 05/09/07 01:07 AM
Does anyone know the Riverside/Eastside score?
Posted By: OPG score? - 05/09/07 01:12 AM
Dutch Fork /Wando score??
Posted By: cabj12 Re: score? - 05/09/07 01:26 AM
Eastside 2
Riverside 0
Posted By: philly Re: score? - 05/09/07 01:32 AM
Hilton Head 1
Myrtle Beach 1

Hilton Head wins PK's 3-0

Great game, HH scored in first half when Mytle scored a own goal and then Myrtle scored with 20 seconds left in game. Back and forth for the OT's. Myrtle beach hit the cross bar on first and HH hit the cross bar on 2nd PK and it went in. The last two pk's by Myrtle Bbeach went straight to goalie.
Posted By: ClimaCool® Re: score? - 05/09/07 01:39 AM
PAIN TRAIN-7
Irmo-1

CHOO CHOO!
Posted By: BeenAround Re: score? - 05/09/07 01:52 AM
Just heard Wando wins in Overtime. Don't know the score.
Posted By: swimmer2 Re: score? - 05/09/07 02:04 AM
1-0 . Go Wando! Can they repeat the results of great 2004 team?
Posted By: soccer411 Re: score? - 05/09/07 02:07 AM
BE 1
Waccamaw 0

Very physical game..... Congrats to Waccamaw for a great season.

Go Bishops!
It seems this team did not get much respect out there this year. There are a number of teams throughout this state that I believe have another opinion of them. Let's start with losses to Lexington, 1-0 late score, Dorman, 1-0 in PKs, Riverside 1-0 in PKS, Wando 1-0 in OT, and the list could grow by mentioning hard fought WINS. This team was strong, played hard and competed through injury, sickness and NO RESPECT. I truly believe they have earned everyone's respect!

Most people in this state also have no idea what the seniors of this talented Dutch Fork team have been through either. Three (3) coaches in their 4 years of Varsity play. (Thanks coach Painter for coming in and stablizing the situation!) The defection of 2 talented players to a rival school (for no other reason than to play soccer for a traditional power in my opinion)The loss of Post season play in 2006 after winning the Region because of Coaching indiscretions.

The Seniors at Dutch Fork can leave with their heads held high. They leave the program in a very good place with a talented group of girls ready to continue on. To end with a final 4 appearance that was well played and went right down to the wire against a very physical, tough Wando team is nothing to be ashamed of!

Good LUCK to Wando and Lexington in the Finals!
Woodruff 2
SCS 1

First Upstate championship in WHS girls soccer history—a lot of heart for the WHS side—
Posted By: FutbolMadness Re: score? - 05/09/07 03:37 AM

WANDO - 1
Dutch Fork - 0
Amen! Congrats DF!
Posted By: arrogantlyshabby Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/09/07 11:37 AM
How does a team that beat Lexington 1-0 a couple of weeks ago lose to them 7-1? Did they completely fall apart??
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/09/07 11:49 AM
MM,

Good comments on Dutch Fork. They fought through a lot of adversity, last season was a rough one....losing post-season play was tough. DF stayed under the radar all year and did a great job reaching the lowerstate final. The program looks to be very strong.....don't know why anyone would want to transfer out in the future.

Congratulations and continued good luck to the Lady Foxes.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/09/07 12:48 PM
What stability has been brought by coach painter? Is this his first year? Sounds like he's doing a great job!
Posted By: London_Player Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/09/07 12:58 PM
COACH Painter is a great guy and a great coach. His brother Tommy is also a great guy. Trust me in a couple of years DF will be heading to states with no problem. Hayne Painter will have the girls program set straight by next season. Congrads to all the girls and coaches at DF. Can't wait to see you next year
Posted By: Marlin McPhail Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/09/07 07:29 PM
By stability, I meant a calming influence. Last year's team had to play an entire season knowing that no matter how well they played they could not compete for a State championship. They went on to Win the region and watched from the sidelines as their rival school took their place in the seedings and made a very good run at a State Championship. I don't know how many times I heard my daughter say, "That should have been us!" You take that memory and let it run amuck it could have harmed this year's team as they went forward. Bad memories are sometimes hard to forget. I believe he (& his staff) started early to help create NEW positive memories to grow and build on. With the ups and downs of the season Coach P and his staff continued to keep the girl's eyes looking forward and not back. That is stability!
Posted By: tlrcamo Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/09/07 10:46 PM
Quote:

How does a team that beat Lexington 1-0 a couple of weeks ago lose to them 7-1? Did they completely fall apart??

no lexington just didnt play their game that night and made adjustments and came to play last night and did what had to be done
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 02:25 AM
Quote:

Quote:

no lexington just didnt play their game that night and made adjustments and came to play last night and did what had to be done

In playoffs, you do what you've got to do to win. Lex did well to jump ahead. Irmo did what they had to win. Lex countered and made it worse than it looked. Great job Lex, and good work Irmo.
Posted By: LF Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 02:45 AM
Huh?? "Irmo did what they had to win" What did they do?

"Lex countered and made it worse than it looked" Lex countered what?? There was nothing to counter!!

Believe me it WAS as bad as it looked. Irmo was in the game for the first half while they had the wind. Once Lex scored that first goal and the second half started it was all over.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 10:41 AM
LF, in soccer (stay close now) playoffs one must win to advance. Therefore if you find yourself down, you better start pushing forward to try and score. Irmo pushed, Lex D held, and then took advantage of the small numbers in the back. I realize you're excited to finally make the promise land after all those years of coming so close, and what, with the early career drama and all. You can play nice and pretend you know soccer
Posted By: Meredith Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 01:45 PM
I am back, I could not resist this one. Were you at the game? I was, it looked to me that Irmo kept trying to double down on the girl with red shoes-her footwork was amazing! The 3rd, 4th, 5th goals came from great play-crosses with a nice open header/feet. Just poor defending, they were not pushing up. (Gabi had an off night-not typical) And you think you know soccer!
Posted By: LF Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 04:09 PM
OK, now I understand what you mean.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 04:39 PM
Hey, no discredit to Lexington. You guys truly are a great team.
Posted By: truefan Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 05:34 PM
I sure liked W&E better than this new guy. This guy is a jerk.
All those sleepless nights with the new baby are starting to get to you.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 05:43 PM
A lexington fan taking up for a lexington fan? No way...
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 05:45 PM
true,

You hit it right on the head, the man is downright sleep-deprived and ornery. LF went overboard on him. The guy is a DAD now.....very sensitive. Stay away from the following subjects:

1. TLH schedule
2. Region 1's playoff run
3. The number of All-Staters from Region 1
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 05:48 PM
4. Lexington's goal against Fort Mill
5. Clover not getting ranked
Posted By: LF Re: Lexington/Irmo *DELETED* - 05/10/07 07:32 PM
Post deleted by LF
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 07:37 PM
6. Keepers/possession/control
7. Female ARs
8. Injuries
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Lexington/Irmo *DELETED* - 05/10/07 07:38 PM
Post deleted by Floriday
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 08:18 PM
deahler is Big Bird
Chico is Bert
LF is Ernie
truefan is Grover
ClimaCool is The Cookie Monster

Posted By: ClimaCool® Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/10/07 08:38 PM
MMMMM ME LIKES PAIN TRAIN!
Posted By: - Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/11/07 12:30 AM
Quote:

I am back, I could not resist this one. Were you at the game? I was, it looked to me that Irmo kept trying to double down on the girl with red shoes-her footwork was amazing! The 3rd, 4th, 5th goals came from great play-crosses with a nice open header/feet. Just poor defending, they were not pushing up. (Gabi had an off night-not typical) And you think you know soccer!

Is it the shoes? Is it the shoes? Is it the shoes? … money, it's gotta be the shoes

No Mars its not the shoes

It was amazing

Choo! Choo!
Posted By: philly Re: Lexington/Irmo - 05/11/07 12:53 AM
anybody know the score of HHCA vs St. Joseph in SCISA playoff
© SC Soccer