SC Soccer
Posted By: runupscorepolice Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/02/08 04:55 PM
To all the Greer Girls Soccer players and coaches. I was a parent at the game last night and please accept my apology for our team putting 17 goals on you. This is no way a reflection of how some of the parents feel and please accept our apology. Sportmanship is the number one priority. We did not show any sportmanship last night. I do applaud your girls for completing the game and please tell the girls to keep their heads up. It takes time to build a program and the teams who happen to be superior on that night need to show some some respect to the other programs.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/02/08 05:01 PM
Hey, now that is a great gesture! Well done!!!
Posted By: soccercrazy Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/02/08 05:16 PM
Very, very nice run up.... thank you and I am sure the Greer girls will very much appreciate your apology and gesture. Just curious, so I guess one can infer that this was the coach's decision and what as the score/time remaining on when their goalie was injured? THANK YOU!
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/02/08 05:26 PM
Well spoken...my respect.

To the Greer girls--keep your heads up. Here at Berkeley, we're not that far removed from those 17-0 nights; it wasn't that long ago. Stick with it, work hard, take pride in every improvement you make, and play for each other and because you because you love playing...keep doing that, and in time, the scoreboard will take care of itself.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/02/08 05:45 PM
Quote:

...and because you because you love playing...

That Chass guy must have the day off and is posting from Hooters!
Posted By: Mia San Mia Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/02/08 06:06 PM
Registering here to express your embarrassment speaks for you. Thank you for showing some class, scorepolice! I was appalled at the score when I saw 17 - 0 in the paper. How do the WHS coaches justify that? Before I say that they can learn a thing or two from Terry Archenhold who never allows this to happen at Riverside, I am interested in hearing the Generals coaches' version...
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/02/08 06:46 PM
Quote:

That Chass guy must have the day off and is posting from Hooters!

Don't I wish...headed for bus duty!
Posted By: Clark Griswold Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/02/08 06:59 PM
Politely correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Archenhold let a girl score a ton of goals one year because she was pursuing the state record and because of this they ran the score up? Maybe not 17-0 but the one girl scored something 10 in a game?
Posted By: CJ Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/02/08 07:37 PM
Clark! I am a big fan, but you really should have turned the camera off when you were in Europe.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 12:25 AM
It was all downhill after Wally World!
Posted By: Dave Bowman Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 12:59 AM
You have it all wrong. It went south after the whole dog and grandma fiasco = a complete failure in common sense.
Posted By: CJ Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 01:06 AM
the dog had it coming...he did pee on the sandwiches!!!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 02:01 AM
"I figured he must've kept up for a mile or two..."

Alright, what's that familiar red eye from?
Posted By: formerhscoach Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 10:43 AM
National Lampoon's VACATION.....love Chevy Chase!
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 12:23 PM
Quote:

Alright, what's that familiar red eye from?

That's HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey
Posted By: dew Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 12:54 PM
Runupscorepolice! Why did you not police and post other scores in your area and from your paper. I found that JL Mann boys posted a 19-0 score on Clinton a few weeks ago. That is the same region as your school.
Also found in your region below.
Blue Ridge vs Berea nonregion game for Blue Ridge 13-0
JL Mann vs. Union 12-0
Eastside vs. Greer 12-0
I could go on! Why are you not posting these and all scores? If you are a true "policeperson" (I don't know your gender) then you should be hard at work on every school! I also noticed as I looked over at the boys side and see a few people making different remarks on the boys side than they are on the girls side. Very interesting!
Posted By: soccercrazy Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 02:11 PM
Just as a general comment, it looks as if Runupscorepolice is a parent on the WHHS girl's team?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 04:40 PM
Quote:

Runupscorepolice! Why did you not police and post other scores in your area and from your paper. I found that JL Mann boys posted a 19-0 score on Clinton a few weeks ago. That is the same region as your school.
Also found in your region below.
Blue Ridge vs Berea nonregion game for Blue Ridge 13-0
JL Mann vs. Union 12-0
Eastside vs. Greer 12-0
I could go on! Why are you not posting these and all scores? If you are a true "policeperson" (I don't know your gender) then you should be hard at work on every school! I also noticed as I looked over at the boys side and see a few people making different remarks on the boys side than they are on the girls side. Very interesting!

What does it matter?
Posted By: Man City FC Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 04:47 PM

Trying to justify the 17 - 0 score with other scores. Just take the hit and move on DEWey.......
Posted By: dew Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 05:17 PM
The hit has been taken!!!! Others wanted to know what went on in the game. That has been given! Amazing the one side of the fence wants to give the hit, but does not want to read the answer to the questions being asked.

If you want to question one team then you must question all teams.

No favors to any!!!

The discussion was why and what happened - that has been posted!

Let people make up their mind without insults.
Posted By: Man City FC Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 06:36 PM

Quote:

" A learned lesson will last a lifetime "

Posted By: swamp donkey1 Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 06:43 PM
"The greatest respect you can afford a team, is by crushing them"--Anson Dorrance (UNC Womens head coach)

If you take it easy on them, they'll think you feel sorry for them. By playing hard all game, you show them you were prepared for whatever they bring your way. So if youre on the losing end, do you want the other team to feel sorry for you? Or do you want the competition? But for all the poundings my girls took starting out, that was their motivation to get better. And it worked. And I if I can get up on a team, according to Anson...I'm gonna show them respect! (nope..I'm not from Wade Hampton, or that region)
Posted By: soccerluvr Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/03/08 11:34 PM
All I can say is win with pride and lose with pride. I hated losing anytime I played but HS is cut-throat.
Posted By: runupscorepolice Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/04/08 12:15 PM
Mauldin 9 Gaffey 0 enough said
Posted By: Man City FC Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/04/08 12:29 PM

Quote:

"Humility may lead to meanness, But vanity may lead to violence. Therefore it is better to be humble"

Posted By: MyTwoCents2008 Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/04/08 07:07 PM
Kwai Chang done too much Co Caine?
Posted By: Man City FC Re: Wade Hampton Soccer - 04/05/08 01:35 AM

Quote:

" Master PO doesn't tolerate imperfections "

© SC Soccer