SC Soccer
Please e-mail these to kyle@scsoccer.com to ensure they are posted in an accurate manner on the Scoreboard.
Past Saturday 4/12

Shannon Forest-0
@ Asheville School- 1
Wade Hampton scored with 32 seconds left on a flick header off a corner to beat Blue Ridge 1-0.
Woodruff 3
CC 1
Daniel 6
Seneca 1
Daniel up 2:1 at the half

Daniel goals: Schleifer(2), Brown(2), Ra. Boyer, Seneca(own goal)
Seneca goal: Robinson
At Blythewood:

Blythewood 4 Chester 0

Goals

Lindsay Taylor - 2
Christa Louthian - 1
Chandler King -1

Lets just say the game was a bit cattywumpus from our side of the pitch. Ultimately got the job done, just a bit-- no make that a lot off of stride tonight.

tk
I can't believe we had to do this again:
At Fort Mill, after OT and 13 pairs of PKs (11-10):
Fort Mill 3
Clover 2

I am just an awful excuse for a parent . I was sure FM was finished at halftime. Clover was up 2-0 after goals by Kelsie Hamilton (16:00) and Britta Widenhouse (36:00). I looked at my wife, shrugged, said "Oh, well, it had to happen eventually..." and pretty much gave up.

Fortunately, I am neither a coach nor a player, because FM did not give up. FM charged back in the second half and took it to the Blue Eagles. Kaitlyn Marr banged home a rebound at 43:00 and FM was back in the hunt. Clover tried like crazy to keep the ball at the other end, and it worked until the 79th minute. Ashleigh Sheets had been trying to carry rhe ball through the middle all night, and she finally broke through, sending the ball ahead to Lexi Wilden who charged the keeper for the tie.

After OT, and a cold steele rain began to sprinkle, it was off to the PKs. The first round went 4-4. Then both sides made their 1st 4 and missed their 5th. Then we started all over again. This time, Lady Jacket keeper Alexis McLaine snared Clovers's third attempt. Then,FM's Lexi Wilden, who had missed her first time through, came up with the winner...just like she did April 1st.

Clover played very, very well and they deserve respect. They can really bring their "A" game. Oh, and Rachael Newminster is back. Fortunately for FM, Coach Finnerty was constantly adjusting as the match went on, and it paid off. Wow
Airport 2 Aiken 1

Always a pleasure to play against Coach Morris and his excellent team.
Anybody have the Emerald/Greenwood score?
Greenwood 2
Emerald 1
Spartanburg 6
Hillcrest 0
Dreher 9 Lugoff-Elgin 0
Academic Magnet 2
First Baptist 0
Goose Creek 4-0 over Hanahan. ADH with the hat trick and the assist.
Coach Chass,
Dude, your PM box is FULL! What's a landmark on 52 right before you turn left onto Merrimack? Thanks.
JL Mann 3
Eastside 0
@ Northwoods Academy
Porter Gaud 2 Northwoods 0
@Dutch Fork

DF 3 Ridgeview 0
Woodruff 8
Chapman 1
Daniel - 2
TR - 0
Goals by Schleifer, Adair
Shutout by Robinson

My apologies to E. Nicholson of Seneca for not crediting her with the goal against Daniel last night. Hope your knee is OK.
Irmo 5
SA 2

#11 and #6 are some studly players. We haven't let in that many all year and I can only blame so much on Spring Break. Irmo played outstanding at SA and looks very strong. Rematch this Monday. Congrats to the Irmo players and coaches.
At Edisto

Barnwell 5
Edisto 0

Half- Barnwell 3-0
Clover 2
Nation Ford 0

Britta and Kelsey get the second half goals.
At Berkeley:

Wando 5
Berkeley 0

2-0 at the half; first goal after 34 minutes, second one shortly thereafter on the momentum. Pretty happy to hold Wando off that long. They came out swinging with a quick goal in the second, held for a while, scored off a nice header from about the PK spot midway through the half, and then we settled in until a late-game effort produced #5.

Overall, not too disappointed...these Wando girls aren't half bad!
Sorry, BD.
I sort of suspected Clover might come out breathing fire after last night...assuming they had any energy left.
Addendum to the Wando/Berkeley summary...nice job by the officials tonight. We had a two-man system, but still very good on both offsides and fouls. Good control, but still let the players decide the game; lots of hustle to get in position to make the calls; positive interaction with players and coaches.
We get 2 men a lot and they seem to do well considering the circumstances. I don't really mind it at all anymore. Glad it's working for you too
I think I recall you allowed 6 in a scrimmage this year
Coach Chass and the Lady Stags......Wow...ya'll played great tonight!!! Our region is looking alot more fun already!!! You may not have come out the winner on the scoreboard, but your team appeared to enjoy the game more.
You've got really good players and they should be proud of their play tonight. Who the heck is that goalie of yours??? She made so many great saves tonight along with the rest of your D. I think some club teams would like to recruit her!! Everybody in the stands was talking about her!
The refs did call a good game and had good (humorous)interaction with the players.
Thanks to you and your parents for being such good hosts!
North Augusta 0
Lexington - 2

Another well played match.
I can say this...we did have fun! Thanks for being our guest; glad you enjoyed it! And don't swell my keeper's head too much...she reads these boards regularly...gotta keep her in check! :-)
The keeper from Berkeley played well against Smvl last week. She made alot of great saves. I think she may be going to Gothia Cup this summer in Sweden with the team from CUSC which includes alot of the top players in the lowcountry. Can't wait to see her play with the strong defenseive line in front of her.
4/15/08:

Christ Church 2
Southside Christian 0

Halftime: 2-0
Quote:

Sorry, BD.
I sort of suspected Clover might come out breathing fire after last night...assuming they had any energy left.

NF played very aggressively and effectively for the first 20-25 minutes of the game creating several interesting chances. But midway thru the half Clover took over an except for a late 1st half rally by NF, it was all Clover.

Clover knocked it around nicely and scored early in the 2nd by Britta Widenhouse heading in a nice cross. from the right side. About 5 minutes later Kelsey Hamilton volleyed in a crosss from the same player on the right side.

Clover had more energy in the 2nd half then they did the first....so much for fatigue. They doubled up defensively very well and combined beautifully offensively, moving the ball well.

Good game....and good to see the Lady Falcons play as well as they did.
Quote:

I think I recall you allowed 6 in a scrimmage this year

I was talking about, you know, games that matter/count/a coach might actually be trying to win

(I'll call shortly, busy night!)
Tues, 4/15
Ben Lippen 8
@ Augusta Christian 0

Came out slow in the first half and picked up the pace as the half went on. Everyone was able to get some good minutes and we did a good job of moving the ball. Some good challenges by the Lady Lions at times. The AC keeper made some fantastic saves and played her heart out! Hats off to her. Everyone played hard and had a good, fun game. Very unselfish play from my girls. Keep up the great work and the wins, ladies! I'm proud of you! Stats are as follows...

Goals:
Sammi Osman (2), Elizabeth Hodges, Carrie Settle, Lauren Jones, Sam Currier, Madeline Welsh, Anne Armstrong

Assists: Meritt Rollins (4), Sammi Osman

Keepers:
BL - Anne Armstrong, Elizabeth Hodges (2 saves)
AC - LaKeva Cancer (14 saves)
Coach, how long of a drive was that?
@ BC
WA 11
BC 0
Emerald 1
Gilbert 3

Emerald's goal was by Alex Bishop.
Quote:

@ BC
WA 11
BC 0

Man, West Ashley killed Brookland Cayce!!!!
Did TL Hanna beat Easley 20-0 last night?

Say it ain't so.
Dale, lets not start any fights.
BC means Battery Creek.
Walhalla 2
Pickens 0
TL Hanna you should be embarrassed, no excuse for that
score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I talked to coach Joyner after the game, and he said Hanna won 10-0. I think the score on the website is a mistake.
well, 10-0 or 20-0 it is still alot to put up against a team...but if it was 20-0 that is ashame of T.L. Hanna
Hilton Head 2-0 BE

SUmmerville 3-0 Beaufort
I take back my comment
sorry for the typo everybody. Kyle even tried to email me and ask if it was correct, but I did not respond in time. No, it was not even close to 20...it was 10-0. Maybe the idiot Hanna coach should check his emails before hitting send next time!
here I am big boy...but only for five more minutes. Planning is almost over.
Thank goodness you didn't type a 0 on the end for 100! That would have broken Spring Valley's state record 31!

Trivia: What huge rematch is taking place tomorrow night in G-town?
Dale Jr...if you're talking about our drive, it was an hour and a half to Augusta Christian from Ben Lippen. Not too bad, and not our farthest. Could be you were referring back to something earlier.
Quote:

Hilton Head 2-0 BE

BE..as in Bishop England??
Quote:

Dale Jr...if you're talking about our drive, it was an hour and a half to Augusta Christian from Ben Lippen. Not too bad, and not our farthest. Could be you were referring back to something earlier.

No, it was your drive. It seemed far when I first thought about it, but 1.5 isn't that bad. Getting my geography down for the new area.
Quote:

Quote:

No, it was your drive. It seemed far when I first thought about it, but 1.5 isn't that bad. Getting my geography down for the new area.

something i have been wondering jr.DO YOU WORK? maybe you just drive on weekends.
No Jim. I spend all my time debating the immaculate conglomeration of the soccer high schools that are region 3.
Quote:

No Jim. I spend all my time debating the immaculate conglomeration of the soccer high schools that are region 3.

are you well paid for that? hurst has deep pockets living in the cay and all.
Not much. Lets just say I wouldn't find myself in Tega Cay unless by accident!
if we keep talking about him (hurst66) he may come back from his self impossed exile.
B.C. 4
Swansea 1
Hurst is actually working this week in NY/NJ unlike some of our collaborators.........
Quote:

Hurst is actually working this week in NY/NJ unlike some of our collaborators.........

i talked to him last night and he was in his room looking out at the NYC skyline.said gas was only 3.19 a gallon in jersey.i would expect it to be alot higher.
Who is running the JV squad?
Quote:

Who is running the JV squad?

i think he has a coaching partner.not sure of his name.
He ran it Monday night and hit the road bright and early Tues. Blaschke coaches the team in his absence.
Quote:

Quote:

I'm kind of new at this particular area myself, so I understand how it goes. I thought the trip would be farther for us than it was, so it was actually a nice surprise. Time is always valuable! Best of luck in the rest of the season and the playoffs!
Yes.

Hilton Head High beat Bishop England 2-0.

The game was never that close. Hilton Head dominated play on both ends of the field all night.

I don't have final totals on shots but it had to have been a 10:1 ratio for Hilton Head.
4/15

Shannon Forest- 1
@ Spartanburg Day- 0
4/15

Southside - 1
Broome - 0

Went to PK's with Southside netting 3 to Broome's 2.
Winning ugly at Fort Mill:
Northwestern 1
Fort Mill 2

The Lady Trojans jumped on a slow Lady Jacket defense at 20:00 (Jordan Randall on a deflection) and rode into the halftime break up 1-0. FM had more 1st half shots, but seemed listless.

Second half possession was overwhelmimgly FM, but still not very crisp...kept losing a lot of balls and had to dig to get them back. Megan Killmeyer (from Kirsten Whitman) at 53:00 and Hali Singleton (from Becca Tooley) at 59:00 put FM up to stay. Juggled lineup needs more practice and game experience to gell.
you stayed pretty calm over there bones.
you were almost as calm as that none moving,daydreaming ref on this side.
nice ajustment in the second half by ft mill to spread it out and make NW a little thin in the middle.
good job by the lady trojans to keep it close.
I've seen NW play and they are a lot of smoke and mirrors, sticks and band-aids, and hocus pocus. For a man to take that team and run FM to the wire...must be North/South material.
JM:
I was biting my tongue the whole way...there were ladies present, after all. Besides, my wife would've clocked me if I'd yelled what I was really thinking.
How about the ol' ball coach getting the yellow card for spreading his arms? Sad, sad, sad.
Blythewood 3-0 Dreher
Dorman in PK's
1 1 at the end of overtime
Quote:

JM:
I was biting my tongue the whole way...there were ladies present, after all. Besides, my wife would've clocked me if I'd yelled what I was really thinking.
How about the ol' ball coach getting the yellow card for spreading his arms? Sad, sad, sad.

it was odd that the ref would not even point to who got possession after a foul.then it would go out of bounds and still no indication on who's ball it was.he could not even take the time to raise his whistle when a young lady (from both teams) had a hand full of jersey right in front of him.but a coach sitting on the bench asking which direction the ball is going gets carded.odd ref indeed.coach may have asked him something else but this sounded better.
Clover 9, S Pointe 0
GO BLYTHEWOOD GIRLS!!! GOOD JOB LADYS!

As posted above..... so much for breaking news.....anyway

At Dreher

Blythewood 3 Dreher 0

Goals by Taylor Coulter, Lindsay Taylor, Alexis Fountain.

Great game by Emily Morrow in the goal and really all the girls on the field and sideline especially the defense who hardly ever gets recognized-- Bethany Marini- Aubrey Marini- Lindsay Taylor- Chandler King- Melyssa Eargle. Good TEAM win.

Thank you Ladies!!!

tk
Any word on Sburg vs JL Mann?
JL Mann over S'burg... PK's

Don't have details.
Wade Hampton 2
Greenville 1 in OT

Both teams scored in the final 2 minutes of regulation with WH netting the winner in the 2nd OT.
At Berkeley:

Berkeley 6
O-W 0

Orangeburg girls came with only nine, but the nine who showed up came to play, and they should be commended. Halves were shortened to 30 minutes for both girls and boys. Goals were scored by freshmen Taylor Tracy (2), Chelsey Holloway (1), and Brittany May (1), junior Caroline Gray (1), and an own-goal by an unlucky O-W defender.
Blythewood BEAT Dreher 3 to 0
a great game. but blythewood came out the better team.
and HONKING as you come into the stadium didnt work
in the playoffs last year.. so it didnt work this year..
its kinda cocky if you ask me.
Eastside 2
Blue Ridge 1
Ben Lippen vs Heathwood Hall on Thursday, 4/17
Heathwood Hall - 3
Ben Lippen - 1

Stats:
Goals: HH-Mary Bond Bailey, Logan Ress, Stephanie Squirewell; BL-Carrie Settle
Saves: HH-Carson Lunceford (5); BL-Anne Armstrong (12)

Heathwood came out of the gate running fast and Ben Lippen played a slow first half. HH was up 3-0 at the half. Their forwards and outside mids worked the crosses very well and found open shots at the top of the 18. Anne Armstrong made some spectacular saves for BL. 2nd half was a different story, as HH played a more defensive game and BL came out running and got a quick goal. HH then used their defense to clog up the middle and kept BL from getting any great shots on goal. BL dominated the second half as HH was unable to generate much offense, but it was too little too late. Great game by the girls from Heathwood. Excellent young team who just came out more ready to play than we did. Great job to my girls for a hard fought 2nd half and playing your hearts out!
Blue Ridge up 1-0 with 18 left, defender heads soft ball over our goalie into our own goal. 1-1. Eastside scores at 10 to win. Congrats to Eastside. Great game.
Emerald 2
Ninety-Six 0

Goals were scored by Morgan Riddle and Caroline Callison.

I would like to thank 96's Coach Ike Dickey for a very nice display of sportsmanship. Tonight was senior night for the Emerald Vikings and two seniors were sidelined for tonights game due to injuries. However, all the seniors were able to start because Coach Dickey had his team kick the ball out with the opening possession and the Vikings could sub the two injured girls out. This is the only night in the season the Vikings announce a starting lineup and it meant a great deal to my senior to particiapte - even if only for a few seconds. Thank you!
At Berkeley:

James Island 5
Berkeley 0

Not a bad game for our girls; couldn't find the net this time out. Both teams were on the third game of a three-night-in-a-row stretch and started out somewhat lethargic; JI picked up the momentum more quickly. Goals were pretty evenly spaced out within the 80 minutes...didn't find out until after the game that my keeper played with a high fever. Kid's got more heart than sense sometimes. Nice job by JI...good luck with the rest of your season!
that is an awesome display of sportsmanship by the 96 coach. I love soccer. You don't see that kind of thing with other sports.
Mauldin 7 Gaffeny 0
First Class Coach Dickey! You have our respect!
Swansea - 5
Pelion - 0
Swansea 19 shots
Pelion 0 shots
Swansea played a solid game without leading goal scorer FJ (strep throat). Officiating was not good-we were lucky to get out without an injury.
Girls Varsity - 4/17

Wren 4
Westside 0

Shots - Wren 24, Westside 5
Corners - Wren 11, Westside 0
Cards - Wren - 1 Yellow, Westside - 1 Yellow

Wren senior, Hannah Gmerek netted three goals to lead the Wren Lady Hurricanes over the visiting Lady Rams of Westside. She scored two beatiful headers, one off of a corner kick 4 minutes into the match, and 1 off of a very quickly taken free kick with a scant 3 minutes left in the game. Both were textbook, powerful, straight into the back of the net stuff you would expect to see on the boys side, but rarely see two of, from the same player, on the girls side.

On a humorous note, the Westside player marking Gmerek was sent off with a yellow card for encroachment on a free kick that Hannah was taking, after being moved back twice by the referee. When she came off the field, she responded to me, "Sorry, coach, all I could think was that I was supposed to be marking her, and 10 yds away was too far!"

Congrats to coach Michael Burriss on a well coached, highly skilled Lady Hurricanes squad that could wrap up the 2nd seed in Region I-AAAA with wins over Easley and Greenwood over the course of the next few days.
Chapin 1 @ BC 0
En fuego
On April 17th @ Southside Park in Greenville;

Broome - 2
Greenville Tech Charter - 0
Walhalla 2
Pendleton 0

goals: Marlaina Good, Alma Escamilla
Quote:

TL Hanna you should be embarrassed, no excuse for that
score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The official score was 10-0. Coach Joyner never runs up the score against anyone. The problem is that Hanna is so much better than the rest of the teams in their region there is only so much that he can do. When you have so many girls that can play every position you cannot just say "OK everyone just stand on the field and do nothing".

This team is loaded with young talent. Will be State Champions in 2009 and/or 2010.
They won't even get out of the upstate. Mauldin only graduates two seniors this year.
Porter Gaud 0 @ Pinewood 7

Congrats to Pinewood. Pinewoods #11 (an 8th grader)Courtney
Angotti-Smith is one of the best female soccer players i have seen since West AShley's Julie Bolt. This kid has pace touch and feel for the game she is going to be a special player.
Woodruff 5
Broome 0
Northwestern vs Rock Hill

NHS 4 - RHHS 1
Nation Ford 5
Lancaster 0
Post deleted by Kyle Heise
just phoned in to me from West Ashley...

WA 1
Summerville 5
Dutch Fork 1
Spring Valley 0
Fort Mill 7
South Pointe 0

The bench starts and plays most of the game. Some usual starters don't play at all.

Goals: Abbie McDonald (2), Becca Tooley, Marley McDonough, Sarah Bird, Alexis McLaine (keeper playing forward), and Ashton Wolfe. Assists: Courtney Martin, Sarah Thomas, and Bird.
North Augusta Varsity Girls 6-2 over a much improved White
Knoll team.
wow! Dutch Fork over Spring Valley! Great job DF! Would have loved to catch that game.
TL Hanna 3 Greenwood 1

Hanna Goals by Robinson 2(1pk)and Craft. Hanna clinched the region title tonight! I also want to brag on Kendall Maxwell and her backup Abby Waters (and the whole Hanna defensive unit) for allowing just 3 goals within the region so far. That is a monstrous feat when you consider the gambling system their crazy ADHD goal crazy coach plays.

Great job girls!
Okay people, I know it's Friday night but we need some scores here...

Dorman/Byrnes?
Wren/Easley?
Irmo/Aiken?
Socastee/North Myrtle Beach?
Swansea/Barnwell?
and of course...

Lexy/SA

I fear for the worst since I have not heard from my buddy!
Lexington 2 South Aiken 1

Aiken 1 Irmo O in overtime (1st 5 minutes)
Wow Ron! That was an awesome result!

so, any interesting details?
Post deleted by Retired, Old, and Happy
Loris 4, Aynor 0

Loris gets second in the region
details of s aiken/lex

lex scored on header in 1st half & header early in 2nd half & s aiken scored later in 2nd half. didnt catch who scored for s aiken it was in front of the goal after a couple of clears and s aiken just wanted it more than lex. s aiken was more aggressive & won more balls but lex was to much - lex had a lot more opportunities but couldnt finish even tho they overloaded on offense. madison had to save a lot & had a good game at keeper

didnt see the 1st s aiken/lex game & didnt see s aiken/irmo earlier this week - only saw aiken/s aiken so far - i still think s aiken is playing much better than last year & am impressed w/ the coaching - think the future is bright for them w/ only 2 seniors & even more because their going to 3a. s aiken had a rough week but i heard irmo game was a fluke & was because of coming off spring break - next week s aiken if we play well can beat irmo (aiken did last night) i heard last night it's lex coaches last season - 1st saw him when he showed his but throwing trash cans years ago - but he was okay last night - heard he had a yellow in game earlier this week

#9 again hurt us bad she doesnt belong in high school anymore & should have gone on to college - with her gone s aiken will go back to beating lex like we were doing before she played
Dorman 1

Byrnes 0

Dorman wins region
It looks like Greer girls folded their team. They forfeited against Wade Hampton last night and don’t plan on playing Blue Ridge. It’s sad to see a team collapse like this, but losing most every game by 7 to 17 goals, you can see why the girls got discouraged. This begs the question, what can we do to help teams like Greer progress to a competitive level?
Greer has several club players as I understand who are not playing on the girls team. Thats one thing that would help. The other problem is our region which is brutal. Next year, Greer moves into a region without Eastside, J.L. Mann and Riverside. That should help considerably.

The Greer girls are great kids. Nice as they can be. The had early injuries and they never stopped. I think they got down below 11 for the Wade Hampton game and that was it. Remember, up until their last game they had a hypothical chance to get in the playoffs. My daughter is friends with almost all of them even though they are our biggest rival, and they were chatting and talking right after the game. They went out together Saturday night.

They have a fine school, wonderful young ladies who play soccer, and they'll regroup and be fine in my opinion.
4/18

Shannon Forest- 1
vs. Asheville School- 0
Quote:

They won't even get out of the upstate. Mauldin only graduates two seniors this year.

I don't think Mauldin will be the one to be worried about. Dorman seems to be in a class above the rest.
Quote:

From Wednesday 4/16:
Blue Ridge 12-0 over Greer. No wonder ROH never posted this score!

Aren't you the boys coach? The guy who left the girls to coach the boys? Man, 6-8 isn't bad but you picked a bad year to leave!
Dale,
Dorman and Mauldin have played 180 minutes of soccer against each other this season. The only thing separating them is PK's. I don't think they are in a class by themselves.
ms,

Dorman is undefeated in region play. Mauldin has 3 losses. Lot more than pk's separating them.
Two of those loses were on PK's to Dorman and the other a one goal loss Spartanburg. Mauldin is getting stronger and will be a force in the play-offs. If both teams go far enough they will face each other again.
Big if.
Quote:

... Next year, Greer moves into a region without Eastside, J.L. Mann and Riverside. That should help considerably.

... I think they got down below 11 for the Wade Hampton game and that was it.

R O H,

1... According to the 2008-2010 realignment info at http://www.schsl.org/2007/Realignment%202008-10.htm Blue Ridge, Greer and Union County move to Region III-AAA along WITH Riverside. Is there other info available that shows Riverside not playing next year in the same region as Greer?

2... Did Greer have 11 for the match this week with Blue Ridge? Do you know if the forfeitures of their final two matches (Blue Ridge and Wade Hampton) are due to injuries and insufficient numbers rather than just avoiding the challenge of the final two matches? I share mav soccer's concern for finding ways to help Greer become more competitive, but Greer has never seemed to be a team that measured the odds of winning to determine whether or not to step onto the pitch.
Swansea 2
Barnwell 0
Greer folding?? This is news to this Greer High soccer mom. I had a daughter injured during the BR game and got to enjoy the ER until 2:00 in the morning. WH game forfeiture would be best described by Dale Jr.’s prior comments. This season has been a difficult one but Dale Jr. your comments have give this soccer parent a good laugh or two. Hopefully everyone will be back 100% for our next game. I wished Marissa well after our game. I know how hard it is to get soccer support for the Greer/BR area. It is slowly coming. I will be pulling for my Lady Jackets. Blue Ridge is my other team and can’t wait to cheer them on to playoffs
Go Greer!
Several years ago Westside varsity coach asked Mauldin varsity coach if there varsity team could just play the JV team. Westside was just starting there varsity soccer program. Maybe Greer could use this same method to keep playing but not have the loped sided loses. What are your thoughts?
Quote:

Quote:

... Next year, Greer moves into a region without Eastside, J.L. Mann and Riverside. That should help considerably.

... I think they got down below 11 for the Wade Hampton game and that was it.

R O H,

1... According to the 2008-2010 realignment info at http://www.schsl.org/2007/Realignment%202008-10.htm Blue Ridge, Greer and Union County move to Region III-AAA along WITH Riverside. Is there other info available that shows Riverside not playing next year in the same region as Greer?

2... Did Greer have 11 for the match this week with Blue Ridge? Do you know if the forfeitures of their final two matches (Blue Ridge and Wade Hampton) are due to injuries and insufficient numbers rather than just avoiding the challenge of the final two matches? I share mav soccer's concern for finding ways to help Greer become more competitive, but Greer has never seemed to be a team that measured the odds of winning to determine whether or not to step onto the pitch.

Sorry, Riverside, Greer and Blue Ridge are in the same region next year. Eastside, Mann, and Wade Hampton move to the "Greenville" region. My Bad as the kids would say!

Greer had 13 for our game I believe. They unfortunately had one young lady get hurt; may have been "Cat's" daughter - see below. If so I feel for her. Hope she is OK. I too spent five hours in the ER with my young defender who had never had a doctor and only had school insurance. Sad situation.

Greer never "folds" in anything. They are a worthy adversary. I would guess that they were banged up after the Riverside, Blue Ridge combination of games and just didn't have enough able bodies for the WH game but you would have to ask one of the parents or coaches.
r4sc,
"#9 again hurt us bad she doesnt belong in high school anymore & should have gone on to college - with her gone s aiken will go back to beating lex like we were doing before she played"

Lexington will not even play South Aiken. They are moving to 3A. It has been a good rival over the years and I'm sure South Aiken will do well in 3A. Your comments about the Lexington coach are way out of line. I'm sure if you spoke to almost all his player's they may not always agree with him, but do respect his passion and knowledge of the game. Don't be surprised if he shows up somewhere else coaching next season.
how many years has Blythewood HS been in 3A? Is there a set policy with schsl about new schools and how they decide what classification and for long? i know they move to 4A for next year but it seems they have had a nice advantage hanging out in 3A for several years.
Lexington is a great program and have improved to a level that nearly all would be envious of. I only see Dorman and Wando in AAAA as comparable programs for the last 3 years. Should we have an opportunity to play them in the future, we'd be honored.
Quote:

how many years has Blythewood HS been in 3A? Is there a set policy with schsl about new schools and how they decide what classification and for long? i know they move to 4A for next year but it seems they have had a nice advantage hanging out in 3A for several years.

Realizing this may be biased given my connection to Blythewood, but here goes:

The short answer is 3 years and yes—the HSL does have a policy on where to classify new schools and for how long. It is based on initial enrollment #’s and every three years the classifications are reset depending again on enrollment.

Here is a bit more if you are interested:
Blythewood was supposed to open with about 1200 kids two years ago, roughly the same size as Brookland-Cayce- Dreher-Greenville. We are currently in our third year as a school. It is my understanding that HSL only re-aligns every 3 years so this upcoming season will be the first time we are eligible to move up into 4A. By and large it is NOT up to the school to determine what classification they belong to but rather the HSL bases classification on size of enrollment. Had we opened a year earlier or a year latter, then our time as a 3A school might have been longer or shorter all depending upon enrollment size at the time of re-alignment. Who knows?

As I also understand it there are some exceptions, some schools like Riverside were supposed to move into 4A but worked out a deal to stay at 3A- other schools like Lower-Richland wanted to stay 4A but were relegated to 3A. Blythewood has not put, nor held itself in the 3A bracket, it simply was not up to us. Now- sometimes moves are made within a classification regarding region brackets- Like Dreher coming into our region the 2nd year we were open after being in a different region our first year, but moves between “A’s” classifications only happens every 3 years- AS I UNDERSTAND IT-but I could be wrong.

As for having an advantage hanging out in 3A for several years- Could you be just a little more specific as the which advantages you are referring to? Just want to be able to answer your question “apples to apples.”

I thank you,
tk
I don't think a large school can just hang out as it pleases in whatever classification it would like. Not sure where that one is going
Blythewood, as I understand it, has met Riverside the last two years in the AAA Girls' soccer playoffs.

Take it from the bottom of that pile with the 3,000 gorilla on top of you, that is NO advantage.

Coach Tony - you probably didn't get to vote on which classification you are in (know you didn't). You get what you get. Blythewood will be a first class AAAA team just like it is not a first class AAA team.

Riverside is large enough to be AAAA as I understand it. The problem lies (I am originally from Rock Hill so this is the scuttlebutt I hear) with South Pointe and their 1200 students which would make them AAA size. The Rock Hill school district wanted to keep NW, RH, South Pointe all in the same division (makes sense) so maybe something was worked out so that Riverside stayed in AAA and South Pointe in AAAA. South Pointe will definitely be AAAA size the way Rock Hill is growing.

These are thoughts from things I heard. Not written in stone, but I believe they are pretty close.

PS: If Blythewood can be moved to AAAA before we may meet them in the playoffs, would someone make that happen now? Thanks!
Walhalla 2
West- Oak 0

Walhalla wins region
April 15, 2008
WEST ASHLEY 11, BATTERY CREEK 0
Goals: WA—Hammond 3, Nye 3, Cash 2, Scott 2, Pervis 1.
Shutout: Williams

Records: WA 10-5, 5-1. BC 1-8, 0-6.

from Charleston.net web site
© SC Soccer