SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Which teams have the best chance at winning Irmo tournament? - 04/16/02 01:53 PM
Which teams will have the best chance at winning the Irmo post-season tournament? In either divisions
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Which teams have the best chance at winning Irmo tournament? - 04/16/02 10:50 PM
I dont really know i think wando along with many other teams have a great chance....any team is beatable any day of the week, although some may have greater than others none of them have WILL THE THRILLER AND THE KILLER MARTIN on their team so chances are slim to 0 that anyone besides wando will win! I love myself and cyrus the virus and i am a very selfish human being and i love to brag about myself because I AM #1! There might be no I in team but there is a ME in team! I LOVE MYSELF!!!!!!! GO ME!!!! AND WANDO!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Which teams have the best chance at winning Irmo tournament? - 04/17/02 01:20 AM
It seems like Wando must have a really good team and be really confident, because they are really talking a lot about how they are going to beat everyone. There are a few teams I have to bet against them when they play you, Wando. It is going to be an exciting weekend, I look forward to it, and good luck to everyone, along with Wando, if they need it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Which teams have the best chance at winning Irmo tournament? - 04/20/02 01:47 AM
Wando dont get so confident cause we have exactly what yall need a WAKE UP CALL! Yall Tied Summerville and they tied lex. well um lexington sucks and.. well all im trying to say is that yall dont have that trophy yet and...Irmo will give you all you need, and SV may also so you guys need to chill out with all the trash talking!
If you dont believe me ask BC [Eek!] Good Luck to yall Wando!
Readers need to understand that this tournament is NOT a post season tournament. Many if not most of these teams still have regular season games to play next week (not make -up games). Some teams approach it like a playoff tournament and others as a way to get some good competition and development. Others are more concerned about their regular season record or region record and place little emphasis on this tournament. Don't make it out to be more than it is.
Clubdad that is a typical club parent response. Your team probably lost this morning or tied yesterday and now you make excuses. This tournament has the best jv teams in the state, so you should approach it as a playoff. Your other games are important next week, but this is for all the marbles. Go Devils!
Brookland-Cayce and Lexington tied this morning 0-0 in the Irmo End-of-Season Tournament.
Cola Fan, you have made an erroneous assumption. It would be nice if the high school league would have a real post season playoff for the JVs but this is not a playoff. Sorry that you put all your marbles into one tournament. Maybe your team has had a lousy regular season.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Which teams have the best chance at winning Irmo tournament? - 04/21/02 02:02 AM
To IHS12... How would you know? all the teams that you thought could potentially beat you were in one bracket (the one opposite Irmo) so that you only had to play one of them. If we were in irmo's bracket we could have walked through it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Which teams have the best chance at winning Irmo tournament? - 04/21/02 03:40 AM
I agree with afrothunder. if sv was in irmo's bracket we would have taken home the trophy. imro placed themselves in the easier bracket because they know they dont cant stop sv
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Which teams have the best chance at winning Irmo tournament? - 04/21/02 04:38 AM
yeah, but we beat you... and you gotta remember that. You only got beat by one team this season and it was us. and we could beat you again if we played you again. So don't walk away thinking you are the best jv there ever was. Cuz anybody can lose on a given day in a tournament. But it takes real competitors to consistently win throughout the season.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Which teams have the best chance at winning Irmo tournament? - 04/21/02 07:30 PM
CHAMPIONS ALWAYS RISE TO THE OCCASION AND WIN WHEN IT COUNTS.. On Sat. they sent everybody a message that Irmo doesnt need to get on the board and talk trash about who is going to win.. Wando was on this board 24/7 talking about how they can wait to be Irmo by 20 goals.. well guess what they didnt matter of fact they lost! Irmo dont worry about what they say b/c they are jelous that they cant be apart of it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Which teams have the best chance at winning Irmo tournament? - 04/23/02 12:52 AM
irmo won fairly against a good wando team. If your goal for the season was to be undefeated in the regular season then by all means congratulations, it is a very big accomplishment. As for most of the jv teams in the state they see the post season tournament as the state championship in sc for jv soccer. Especially this year since a very good wando team attended. It is a tournament, and the great teams always rise to the occasion. Complaining about irmo winning is just bad sportsmanship. Until a real playoff system is made for jv soccer the post season tournament will be the state championship for sc. No other teams are complaining about the brackets they were about even, the only reason Spring Valley was put in the other bracket was in the hope on an Irmo/SV final. Just like last year and the year before, the two teams were put in different brackets. If the tournament means that little to you then in the future dont attend. Congratulations to all the teams who played this weekend.
© SC Soccer