SC Soccer
Please e-mail these to kyle@scsoccer.com to ensure they are posted in an accurate manner on the Scoreboard.
Boys
E.L. Wright Middle 4
Kelly Mill Middle 1

Girls
E.L. Wright Middle 3
Kelly Mill Middle 2
Airport 3
Gilbert 0
JV girls
JV Boys:

Cardinal Newman 5
B-C B 2
@WA
WA 1
BE 3
Mauldin 1 BS 0 girls JV
Blythewood 1- AC FLora 2

yup- same score as the varsity side.
Tony, I have to ask this question. How did you get the name Stumpduck? Are you sure your finger didn't slip a little to the left when you typed that name?
BHP 1
Seneca 1
I got the name Stumpduck some many years ago. No slippage of the finger and no, no to the connotation that might have possibly been implied.

Stumpduck is a completely innocuous by product from MANY years ago that has stuck around since my high school days and has been passed on to future generations of “Stumps.” It is a simple naming convention born of “Stumpchuck” which is a story unto it’s own.

If you like a challenge and a riddle, here you go: Search and you can find more answers, but a clue would be to not look at the glass and instead check out the organizations……

tk
You have to hear the explanation in person
Boys

Spatanburg 1
Boiling Springs 1
JV Boys

Nation Ford 5
York 1
JV Boys
Fort Mill 7
Lancaster 1
JV Boys
Chapin 1
Cardinal Newman 0
At Ft. Dorchester
JV Boys

Stratford 1
Ft. Dorchester 3
JV Girls

Fort Mill 6
Lancaster 1
SA Girls score? Surely Mike D or Larry the Cable guy can post this one.
Blythewood JV at Chapin 0-4.

As for hearing the explanation of "Stumpduck" in person, I'm not sure it helps too much. I think I confused myself trying to expalin it to "dale jr" and he only got part of the story....

If however you would like to ask me in person, we are starting to build our schedule for next season and have a few games not yet committed to. Moving up to 4A and looking for a few more tough teams to play, both JV and Varsity.

For those trying to figure out the riddle- (some of my varsity girls have picked up on the earlier post and are scratchign their heads) -you can google or yahoo but remember to leave the business ending off and instead point yourself at the org....

tk
Girls:

Berkeley 0
Beaufort 2

Scoreless game until the last ten minutes, when Beaufort plugged in 2 against a tiring Berkeley defense...gotta hate when they send the kitchen sink!

Boys:

Berkeley 0
Beaufort 5

Didn't see this one...I was at the other site!
JV Girls @ Wando 3/18

Wando 1
Summerville 0

Goal by Sarah Britton
Shut out by keeper, Maddy McLendon
Has Wando JV girls allowed a goal yet this season? I think they only allowed 1 all last season. It must be nice to have a keeper like Maddy on JV. She could start for most varsity teams.
I was going to let my little buddy post this but I guess he is busy...

TL Hanna Girls 2 Wren 0
Wando JV Girls have only played 3 games this season. No goals allowed. They are working on a threepeat undefeated season. Maddy is a great keeper. Wando is fortunate to have such a talented player pool. A lot of Wando's JV players would start on most varsity teams.
The Wando JV Girls smack talk has started already.

They seem to be heading for another Irmo JV End of Season championship.
Girls JV - 3/18

Greenwood 3
Westside 1
63 (post deleted),

Maddy is an excellent goalkeeper, ODP-quality, easily one of the two best in the state for her age.

And yes, Wando JV girls do have a very good defense in fron of her (I'm sure she is bored).
Hurst,

deleted my post because this may not be the appropriate thread. I guess what I was simply saying is that great goalkeeper - ODP quality - or whatever with enough pressure the law of averages will catch up with them. I've seen ODP keepers make incredible saves to keep a average at best team in a game - but more times than not balls being dinked around in a crowded 6 box will eventually lead to a goal. With a good defense and mid field you simply won't face this pressure as often.
South Aiken 4
WK 1
Quote:

Wando JV Girls have only played 3 games this season. No goals allowed. They are working on a threepeat undefeated season. Maddy is a great keeper. Wando is fortunate to have such a talented player pool. A lot of Wando's JV players would start on most varsity teams.

I wouldn't turn 'em away...
jv soccer is not worth my time watching....it is soo terrible ...id rather watch paint dry...glad i never had to play jv
[quote

Thanks....If you need 'em, maybe Coach Champ would let you borrow a few of them tomorrow night???
Girl's J.V.

T.L. Hanna- 2
Wren- 0
soccer 10 - were you never in the 7th or 8th grade????
Quote:

I was going to let my little buddy post this but I guess he is busy...

TL Hanna Girls 2 Wren 0

Come on KP, keep up!
Quote:

[quote

Thanks....If you need 'em, maybe Coach Champ would let you borrow a few of them tomorrow night???

I'll need 'em...about a third of my team will be away on family vacation for spring break, with one starting defender injured and another off on a cruise. Hope that freshman scoring sensation of yours isn't out to make TOO much of a name for herself!

Your JV's will be busy, though...I'm bringing over a team of 7th and 8th graders to give 'em a workout!
Little buddy....hahaha good one CJ.....hey...I didn't realize how similiar you look to Radio?
yes i was....which is middleschool- not relevant to this High School website ...i have played varsity all four of my years in high school.....as i said JV sucks and id rather read the dictionary than watch a JV game
Great - we've established 7th and 8th grade is middle school. BUT - what if as a 7th grader you had played Club ball, ODP and high school JV - do you think by your senior year there's a chance you may be just a little bit better for having played high school JV? I don't need to ask you that - I can answer it myself.
Plus, last time I checked the various forums on this website I believe I saw high school,junior varsity, club & ODP and college, pros and international. It is not strictly a high school site. Maybe those playing college and pros would rather watch paint dry or read the dictionary than watch a high school game.
Girls JV

South Aiken 2
Irmo 0
Boys JV from 3/18

Airport 2
Barnwell 0
Fluffy/Jr.,

Get that South Aiken JV Girls team entered into the Irmo JV End of Season tournament!
Quote:

yes i was....which is middleschool- not relevant to this High School website ...i have played varsity all four of my years in high school.....as i said JV sucks and id rather read the dictionary than watch a JV game

mine had more fun playing jv.
03/18/08

JV Boys

Ridge View 2
Dutch Fork 0

0-0 half
10, have to start somewhere. There are a few middle school players playing JV soccer. You forget that they enjoy, they like representing their school, not just entertain you. Besides, I have seen a few JV teams that would be some of the Varsity teams in the state.
Quote:

Fluffy/Jr.,

Get that South Aiken JV Girls team entered into the Irmo JV End of Season tournament!

Missing 6 that weekend due to a club tournament
Everybody will be missing players that weekend due to club games and tournaments. (Even Wando?)

It's a State Cup weekend for North Carolina so Fort Mill will be short-handed.

Come on Junior.....sign 'em up!
Quote:

Everybody will be missing players that weekend due to club games and tournaments. (Even Wando?)

It's a State Cup weekend for North Carolina so Fort Mill will be short-handed.

Come on Junior.....sign 'em up!

Starting the game with 10 players might sound good to you, but the air down here is making me think otherwise! You'll get all you want during '09 Preseason Irmo Tourney
JV Girls

Summerville 10

Beaufort 0
JV Boys

Fort Mill 1
Northwestern 1
(Overtime)
JV Boys

Clover 4
Nation Ford 2
JV girls 3/20
Airport-1
West Florence-2
JV Boys
White Knoll - 1
Aiken - 0

WK possessed the ball extremely well in the 2nd half but could not seem to find an open spot to rip any shots. Our marking back got into the attack, made a couple of combo passes, received the ball about 25 out, pulled the trigger, and scored.
JV Girls

Fort Mill 5
Northwestern 0
At Blythewood- Girls JV

Blythewood 8- Lugoff-Elgin 1

I think that was right? Great Job Ladies!

tk
Jv Girls
Wando 10 Berkeley 0
Very organized skillful side Wando has. It was a very good test for my girls, they really kept grinding it out with all they had.
Coach Tim,

Gotta give your girls credit--they were a team of 7th and 8th graders going up against a team that would be starting varsity at a lot of schools. They played with determination and heart, and the fact that they WERE upset about the score lets me know that they will never settle for getting run over...they will keep working to get better and more competitive every time they play. My hat is off to them.
03-20-08

JV Boys

Ridge View -5
A.C. Flora -0
03-20-08

JV Girls

DF 11 Irmo B 0
maybe ill kill you
Quote:

maybe ill kill you

Well I guess that settles that.
March 18