SC Soccer
Posted By: midcntrysccr PMSL & SCSL - 07/21/08 02:20 AM
When can teams start practicing for the upcoming 2008 FAll season per the SCYSA rules????
Posted By: RECCOS Re: PMSL & SCSL - 07/21/08 03:08 AM
SCYSA does not have any restrictions in place. In other words you are free to do as you please.
Posted By: Fireant Re: PMSL & SCSL - 08/12/08 04:42 PM
When does SCYSA usually post the Fall schedules?
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: PMSL & SCSL - 08/12/08 04:45 PM
Schedules were posted last night at:

http://scysa.demosphere.com/index.html
Posted By: Fireant Re: PMSL & SCSL - 08/12/08 06:22 PM
Thanks
Posted By: soccrrox101 Re: PMSL & SCSL - 08/13/08 03:55 PM
Any predictions for the girls U-15 SCSCL?
Posted By: bigsoccerballs Re: PMSL & SCSL - 08/21/08 02:33 PM
Are Rosters available for each team? Are they posted anywhere?
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: PMSL & SCSL - 08/21/08 02:41 PM
Click on the teams and it should give you information about the team..It's early so some teams do not have rosters listed..The coach or manager usually puts the info on the page so some teams will offer more info than others..
Posted By: RECCOS Re: PMSL & SCSL - 08/21/08 03:43 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of having a team roster available on the league web site?
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: PMSL & SCSL - 08/21/08 08:43 PM
Can't really answer that one..I know some lists player stats on there
Posted By: Fireant Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/09/08 06:54 PM
Are there any teams out there that are playing better or worse than expected?
Posted By: bigsoccerballs Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/09/08 08:18 PM
Fireant-come out with what you are trying to say. Are you fishing for a thread to be started?
Posted By: southeastsc Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/10/08 12:36 AM
Quote:

Fireant-come out with what you are trying to say. Are you fishing for a thread to be started?

I'm game........
Posted By: Fireant Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/10/08 01:32 PM
Quote:

I have no agenda. I'm just trying to start a conversation. This site has been dead.
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/10/08 11:41 PM
Ok, here goes....

We went to Aiken last weekend for a u15 challenge game and the field was more of a U10 field. As nice as the fields are there....what were people thinking? We scored from the center line and had a couple of shots that cleared the goal from the center line.

Also, are people not keeping up with the scores......or have most of the u15 teams really only played 1 game?
Posted By: socdad Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/11/08 01:25 AM
So Big Daddy has left the CESA stable and Little Daddy is now a CSSC stallion! Impossible! How is it that as recently as last year the only REAL soccer was at CESA and BRIDGE and now competitive soccer can be had outside of Greenville and Charleston? Before long folks in the Midlands will discover that CUFC has some REAL soccer teams as well!
I did not think anyone left CESA for other clubs....I mean they have training sites all over the state and their training is second to none (just ask those folks at CESA-Columbia)!
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/11/08 01:43 PM
Leave me out of the anti-CESA mix!!!

Great club....and great families and kids. But 190 mile round trips for 13-14 years olds was a little much. Not saying we wouldn't do it again but the preference would be not to, given the logistics.

I know you're being sarcastic, but Columbia ALREADY has good soccer. CUFC has some excellent teams (State champ at our age) and watching some of their younger teams while my son refs at Manchester is fun.

Congaree has some good boys teams, CESA Columbia had a very nice boys team last year.

And.....CSSC Stallion? What is that?

If people care enough in York County we can put together highly competitve teams also. We've got a nice 93 boys team thats pulling kids from Clover, Rock Hill, Indian Land, Fort Mill, Tega Cay. I think we have 6 high schools represented on our team.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/23/08 01:38 PM
Can somebody tell me the first weekend of play for the leagues in the Spring 2009?
Posted By: Import Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/23/08 04:07 PM
Agree with Big Daddy. Also one who left CESA and the commute was a killer 3 times a week. My feelings not always about the club itself but the coach/trainer for the team. CESA has a great program but teams put out by other clubs just as strong. Col United has and has had some very strong teams.
Posted By: Coach P Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/23/08 04:11 PM
Quote:

Can somebody tell me the first weekend of play for the leagues in the Spring 2009?

The SCYSA calendar says league play may begin on January 31, but the first actual play date is usually a week or 2 after the "may begin" date. The official first play date probably won't be published until the applications are available. My guess would be that the first play date will be Feb 14.
Posted By: socdad Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/25/08 03:11 AM
Quote:

Agree with Big Daddy. Also one who left CESA and the commute was a killer 3 times a week. My feelings not always about the club itself but the coach/trainer for the team. CESA has a great program but teams put out by other clubs just as strong. Col United has and has had some very strong teams.

Again not a slam on CESA but just a note that the traffic around Greenville is not only one way but some folks travel AWAY from Cesa to other pastures. Despite what may have been reported on SCSoccer, there is REAL soccer to be had outside of Greenville.
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/25/08 12:33 PM
No doubt.......but if we lived in GSP area my kids would be at CESA. Its an excellent, professionally managed Club that offers great value from rec up thru R3PL play.

And if your child is good enough to play in college they do everything possible to help give the kid the oppportunity.
I know what a guy like Nick Finotti does for his players and I'm astonished that he would care that much.

Now.....is it worth driving like a banshee 2-3x per week plus games? Depends on your options at home I guess.
Posted By: DcSoccer21 Re: PMSL & SCSL - 10/27/08 05:51 PM
Is there a date for when SCYSA teams can start practice for the spring season.
© SC Soccer