SC Soccer
Posted By: Fatty What's happened to this site? - 09/20/08 02:32 AM
This used to be a fun and entertaining site to find out about things happening in SC soccer.
Now, hardly anyone posts anything new and what i see is not informational at all.
Now before you blast me and ask why I haven't posted anything interesting......i may just have.
I am out of the loop on leagues and standings.....has CESA taken over every division? Is that why there is no discussion?
Posted By: arsenal2 Re: What's happened to this site? - 09/20/08 09:09 PM
Everyone is to busy trying to make money off the kids in SC to post !!!
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: What's happened to this site? - 09/21/08 02:20 AM
Yeah..I have to agree..The smack talk among posters seems to be over except for high school ball..I guess everyone has grown up and moved on
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: What's happened to this site? - 09/22/08 05:44 PM
Just haven't had much of any import to say lately...it has been quiet around here! Seems like club ball just doesn't inspire the same kind of team devotion (read: smack talk) as high school ball...maybe by virtue of the fact that players can move from team to team and club to club, so for many there just isn't that sense of identity. Things normally get pretty quiet around here during the fall seasons.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: What's happened to this site? - 09/22/08 05:51 PM
"has CESA taken over every division? Is that why there is no discussion?"

My kids play club soccer in North Carolina so I'm not on the pulse of what's going on in the South Carolina Challenge and Classic Leagues.

Is there an age division, above U-13, boys or girls, where competition is relatively even between three or more club teams?
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: What's happened to this site? - 09/22/08 11:57 PM
I can say from experience that U18 PMSL Classic soccer, at least on the girls' side, is pretty competitive; there have been no real runaway dominant clubs in our league. Makes for interesting seasons!
Posted By: DcSoccer21 Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/27/08 03:15 PM
How long has this site been around? I have been a member since 06 however I'm starting to get interested in the blog/forum side of the game.
Posted By: soccermrs Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/27/08 09:00 PM
Chico retired....enough said.
Posted By: mpsoccerfan Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/27/08 09:49 PM
The passion is here.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/27/08 10:26 PM
But no pie charts and graphs..Oh how we miss him
Posted By: DcSoccer21 Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/27/08 11:59 PM
Who was Chico?
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/28/08 12:54 PM
We're all familiar with Chico.......

Who is DcSoccer21? Please tell us a little about yourself?
Posted By: DcSoccer21 Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/28/08 03:41 PM
Just a soccer fan myself. It sounds like Chico has legendary status.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/28/08 04:00 PM
He was our guru of soccer..
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/28/08 04:21 PM
Think Bill Gates.....dressed up in red and black. Uh, make that garnet and black now.
Posted By: DcSoccer21 Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/29/08 02:51 AM
nice
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/29/08 12:33 PM
state cup is coming so it will heat up with the whos the best club threads. cesa or cufc?
Posted By: Cola Fan Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/29/08 01:01 PM
Basically this is a high school site. So, even though club soccer is discussed, the main emphasis has always been on high school soccer since its run by the Coaches Association. Plus, club soccer has never really seemed to invoke the passion that you find with high school soccer. With kids moving from team to team and club to club annually it's just not going to have the same feel.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: What's happened to this site? - 10/29/08 01:25 PM
Quote:

Basically this is a high school site. So, even though club soccer is discussed, the main emphasis has always been on high school soccer since its run by the Coaches Association. Plus, club soccer has never really seemed to invoke the passion that you find with high school soccer. With kids moving from team to team and club to club annually it's just not going to have the same feel.

since it is run by the coaches association is that why when the argument of what is better,high school or club, the coaches on here get fired up.
i think the high school coaches may be right.
© SC Soccer