SC Soccer
Posted By: live and learn State Cup - 12/08/12 01:48 AM
Does anyone know where to find a posting of quarterfinal state cup games/schedules/results for u15-u18 girls and boys, challenge league? Couldn't seem to find it anywhere on the SCYSA website.
Posted By: dhunter Re: State Cup - 12/08/12 02:17 AM
In SCYSA go into CHALLENGE league and scroll all the way to the bottom for schedules by age groups
Posted By: soccermommak Re: State Cup - 12/09/12 02:09 PM
Can someone give an update on who won in the U18 girls division?
Posted By: letmeputittooyouthisway Re: State Cup - 12/09/12 03:12 PM
http://scysa.demosphere.com/schedules/Fall2012/56592250.html
Posted By: HSS1976 Re: State Cup - 12/09/12 03:22 PM
I will re-phrase the question by the original poster.

Does anyone know when SCYSA is going to post the results from yesterday's games? The majority of games in all divisions occurred yesterday and only the results from a few games have been posted.

I spoke with a friend who is a manager and she said they are not putting them in this year, that someone at SCYSA has to post the results. When will they do that?
Posted By: Gun Smoke Re: State Cup - 12/10/12 01:12 PM
Scores are posted. Any thoughts to each of the final 4s?
Posted By: nothersoccerdad Re: State Cup - 12/10/12 03:54 PM
Quote:

Scores are posted. Any thoughts to each of the final 4s?

i am betting that in the u16g division, scu will come in the first three places....
Posted By: Chantman Re: State Cup - 12/10/12 05:44 PM
Congrats to the CFC 97 Girls. Looking at seed numbers, they had the biggest upset. A #7 over a #2.
Posted By: Chantman Re: State Cup - 12/13/12 12:17 AM
Seven different clubs will be playing in Rock Hill this weekend. The break down is as follows:

Boys: SCUFC 5, CESA 4, SCUMP 4, Coast 1, Hilton Head 1 and CFC 1.

Girls: SCUFC 6, SCUMP 5, CFC 2, CESA 2 and Furman 1.
Posted By: lvrpul Re: State Cup - 12/16/12 11:54 PM
Congratulations to all of the State Champions especially the CESA 95 Boys Premier on their 5th Consecutive State Cup Championship!
Posted By: upstatesoccermom Re: State Cup - 12/17/12 01:08 PM
Congrats to all the participants this weekend & best of luck in Oklahoma!
Posted By: Chantman Re: State Cup - 12/17/12 01:47 PM
Happy for the 95 age group girls. Both SCUMP and SCUFC Palmetto will get a chance to play premier in their final club season.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: State Cup - 12/17/12 02:14 PM
LA ... I agree... except that with the new rules for rosters the players that actually made it happen may not be able to participate as the SCUFC Elite team that was knocked out contains various members from the coast and the midlands that were (in theory) selected ahead of the members of the two teams that qualified
Posted By: Chantman Re: State Cup - 12/17/12 03:14 PM
Quote:

LA ... I agree... except that with the new rules for rosters the players that actually made it happen may not be able to participate as the SCUFC Elite team that was knocked out contains various members from the coast and the midlands that were (in theory) selected ahead of the members of the two teams that qualified

Good point. Should make for very interesting tryouts in Columbia.
Posted By: GBrannan Re: State Cup - 12/17/12 11:38 PM
So as I look at the results for State Cup, I am wondering about the shift. One CESA champ....Is this due to the deal with National leagues or what? Just curious as it seems State Cup has lost some of its luster, or is it just a new situation that you can't compare to years past.
Posted By: Just Curious Re: State Cup - 12/18/12 12:15 AM
@GBrannan - ECNL is the reason for the shift on the girls side.
Posted By: Gun Smoke Re: State Cup - 12/18/12 03:19 AM
Quote:

@GBrannan - ECNL is the reason for the shift on the girls side.

I can think of more than one team that would like to disprove this theory.
Posted By: DeltaDog Re: State Cup - 12/18/12 05:35 AM
Gun Smoke, you might want to send out a search party for Chester about now.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: State Cup - 12/18/12 03:37 PM
It could also be called a new situation that you can not compare to years past..Lost some of it's luster? For who? The players?parents? or coaches?Or for everyone else who was watching..
Posted By: Chantman Re: State Cup - 12/18/12 07:18 PM
Quote:

So as I look at the results for State Cup, I am wondering about the shift. One CESA champ....Is this due to the deal with National leagues or what? Just curious as it seems State Cup has lost some of its luster, or is it just a new situation that you can't compare to years past.

As long as the state champion continues to represent SC at Regionals, the luster will remain. My two cents.
Posted By: dhunter Re: State Cup - 12/18/12 08:49 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Good point. Should make for very interesting tryouts in Columbia.

Just curious but what does anyone anticipate the reaction would be if the majority of girls who helped win the premier league spot don't get selected for the team? Is it possible that the SCUFC Palmetto team would be filled with Elite team players? Seems like it could create, as they say in Cricket, a sticky wicket!
Posted By: DeltaDog Re: State Cup - 12/18/12 09:51 PM
any possibility as previous participant the elite team could apply for r3ple and be accepted as a third team from the state?
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: State Cup - 12/19/12 02:12 AM
DD...if the rules are believed to be the rules then the answer is they can apply but no guarantee

Dhunter... I have already heard elite player parents say that they still have access to premier league thanks to the palmetto team... The implication being that the elite team players are "better"....but when the rule was changed this past summer to IMO help those clubs to maintain their spots in PL due to their better teams participating in ECNL it left open this problem.... That is how CESA was able to place their B teams which had not even made the final 4 in the premier league... A slap across the face of all the players that came in 3rd or 4th spot last year

The old rule at least provided the players that earned it the ability to make their team (no guarantee except for 50%)

It s a shame that many of these players that worked their tails off wil most likely not be given the opportunity

SCYSA is being manipulated by the two largest clubs to fit their needs, end of story ... All other clubs are there to develop players for the two largest clubs... Simple as that, just look at the rosters and where the players cae from in the formative years
Posted By: DeltaDog Re: State Cup - 12/19/12 01:52 PM
I hear you on the tentative nature of rules.

However, as interesting as it will be to see how SCUFC handles tryouts in that age group next Spring I think it will also be interesting to see if afternoon traffic on I-26 begins reversing flow for tryouts given this is the first time I can remember that no u15-u18 girls teams from the Upstate earned an automatic bid to r3ple.

It's also the only time I can remember that the girls teams calling MeSA home whether StGiles, StGilesUtd or CESA at any level (Rec, Classic, Challenge) finished the Fall cups without a single championship. Still stunned by that stat, but sincere congratulations to all those who earned their championships this Fall and bids for next year.
Posted By: Notsofastfriend Re: State Cup - 12/19/12 01:59 PM
Quote:

All other clubs are there to develop players for the two largest clubs... Simple as that, just look at the rosters and where the players came from in the formative years

QFT
Posted By: Backscreen17 Re: State Cup - 12/19/12 02:49 PM
Do I detect a whiff of sour grapes from one of the state's original "statewide" recruiting clubs?
Posted By: Gun Smoke Re: State Cup - 12/19/12 03:32 PM
DD
IMHO, this Levels the playing field for other upstate clubs that can now offer the same league play (less ecnl) at perhaps a cheaper rate. CESA only showed a lack of depth in their 2nd teams. Their #1 teams are still formidable. They have just abandoned state play.

Furman and cfc will be chomping at the bit!
Posted By: DeltaDog Re: State Cup - 12/19/12 03:55 PM
No sour grapes here.
Posted By: Backscreen17 Re: State Cup - 12/19/12 04:38 PM
Excellent. Because, in my opinion, these things tend to run in cycles. Yes, there are "historically" more successful programs, which parlay THAT success into even greater recruiting advantage. But, on balance, players come, and players go.
And parents, gradually, are becoming a bit more savvy about the relative benefits of "decent" training in a local environment, as opposed to (arguably, though only slightly) "better" training at the end of a 3-hour drive.
As more clubs offer decent training and competitive opportunities, the balance will only be enhanced, and more/better players will be produced.
Posted By: Bomber Re: State Cup - 12/21/12 02:00 PM
Really hate to see CESA going in the direction they are (on the girls side).

Really enjoyed some great competition against the in state teams in State Cup playoffs while involved in CESA and it's previously named clubs.

I guess the lure of ECNL and obviously more money for CESA, is the reason.
Posted By: DeltaDog Re: State Cup - 12/21/12 09:09 PM
Not sure how the lure of ECNL impacted competitiveness at the Classic and Rec cups, unless the club has focused all efforts for player development on just those players of the ECNL teams?
© SC Soccer