SC Soccer
Today's press release:

5/11/2018

Charleston United Soccer Club is pleased to announce our new official partnership with Global Premier Soccer (GPS).

CUSC will be working closely with GPS to enhance the development of all our players and coaches beginning this fall 2018. GPS has been a positive influence and model for success in our soccer community, and Charleston United Soccer Club's leadership and coaches are very excited to bring their knowledge and expertise to our players and parents in West Ashley.

For information about CUSC Powered by GPS 8U-13U late May (21-23) Evaluations and CUSC Powered by GPS 14U-19U mid May (12-19) Evaluations, please go to: www.charlestonunitedsoccer.com/evals-clinics

Stephen Wakeham
Charleston United Soccer Club
Do y'all know what league y'all are going to be playing in next year?
For the Fall 2018 season, our 12U and younger teams will be playing in the SCYSA leagues--Coastal League and the Jim Hudson Automotive Group 9v9 State Wide League...because THAT'S not a mouthful to say. Guessing that was the question since that is the age group that's on everyone's "which league" radar.
Thanks. I am wondering if there will be enough teams in those age groups to support a league.
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
Thanks. I am wondering if there will be enough teams in those age groups to support a league.

Thats a good question, my guess NO, not enough registered clubs in SCYSA in the coastal area to support this. Now that CUSC is partnered with GPS I am sure the will be in the new league. I have heard the CBYSC is going to mostly have a HOUSE league for the 1st year and host and travel to some festival style events for games.
The SYSCA u12 league is the only avenue for clubs to qualify for 13U Challenge, so U12 should be fine for all clubs. I had assumed most clubs would have one team in the new CPL and the rest in SCYSA, but am not certain. The rumor I heard was that the Battery U8-U12 would also play some of the same CPL festival-style games against the clubs not in CPL, including youth programs at other MLS/USL clubs.
If the CPL grows to include U13+ similar to GA and their SCCL, they would not need to compete in challenge and the top teams could go ECNL and NPL. The is just my speculation, nothing factual.
The SCCL and CCL are both through u19, I believe.. If the CCL could do the same and perhaps work within these 3 leagues,,,, absolutely no reason at all to play challenge anymore!!! Just a thought anyway!
© SC Soccer