SC Soccer
https://www.discoveriessoccerclub.org/we-are-one/
More at:

www.independencesoccer.club
Those 3 clubs combined will make for some strong 1st teams for sure!
Aligning under local pro club like CASL and TFCA clubs did with NCFC. Smart move for sure! Path to pro or college!
Does anyone know if the Greenville Triumph are exploring an Academy?

Also interesting that NCFC and Charlotte Independence have such large academy clubs compared to the Battery. I wonder what they did right or the Battery did wrong.
Another good avenue for GPS kids in the area. On the boys side having the ECNL option and then the DA for girls.
Indeed, for all players, regardless of current club. The CISC website mentioned current operations will continue for 2019-20. Does anyone in the Rock Hill have any insight as to whether that relationship will continue past this season?
Discoveries falls under the GPS Carolina umbrella. This could be an enticing option as in the past they’ve offered guest/discovery player options for local GPS kids to play in NPL or DA for Discoveries.
Not sure if they will still be affiliated with Gps
Are there any other instances where a GPS affiliated club existed with a professional team's youth umbrella?
Im not sure,,,, I read a ton of what was posted by the Charlotte Independence yesterday. I literally didn't see them mention GPS one time. I guess they could still be behind the scenes,, but I really doubt it. The combined clubs would undoubtedly have the support staff in place that they wouldn't need them. Plus, in the past,, gps has usually has a big social media roll out of new things. I would imagine if they were part of this,,, they would have certainly claimed it. I could be wrong,,, really have no idea. Just assuming.
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
Im not sure,,,, I read a ton of what was posted by the Charlotte Independence yesterday. I literally didn't see them mention GPS one time. I guess they could still be behind the scenes,, but I really doubt it. The combined clubs would undoubtedly have the support staff in place that they wouldn't need them. Plus, in the past,, gps has usually has a big social media roll out of new things. I would imagine if they were part of this,,, they would have certainly claimed it. I could be wrong,,, really have no idea. Just assuming.

My thoughts as well RE the media value of this to GPS if they were still parr of the future of Discoveries under the pro umbrella. I think there is a GPS Charleston meeting today. Would be a relevant thing for a parent to ask: "Given the GPS Charleston changes and Discoveries changes, how does the coaching picture look for GPS Charleston? GPS JIYSC? GPS NASA?"
What about GPS Lexington? Are they affected too?
Originally Posted By: Talon
What about GPS Lexington? Are they affected too?

Good question. I thought GPS was going from one state-wide team to two SC regional teams.

GPS Coastal, NASA and JIYSC top players to be a part of GPS Charleston (https://www.gpsnasa.com/news_article/show/1012062). They will play in the NPL.

I thought there would be a parallel with Lexington, DSC, and Carolina FC. However, without DSC, I am not so sure, and perhaps they knew this was coming.
So typically GPS Upstate and Lexington would play under Charlotte but it depends on if there’s enough kids in that age group for Elite. GPS Carolina started and was based at Discoveries until I think 2016ish and one of the Discoveries coaches just won gps coach of the year. As for pro affiliation, I’m not sure about each individual team but the franchise is aligned under Bayern’s youth program so on the boys side that’s the path. On the girls side, not so much
© SC Soccer