SC Soccer
Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/09/19 07:22 PM
Announcing a new program/play level for Cainhoy Athletic Soccer Club

For 2019-2020 Cainhoy Athletic will create a new programming level to offer our top (2007-2001) teams the support they need to play in some of our regions' top leagues. These will include the Piedmont Conference of the USYS National League (as qualified) and the Premier division of Southeastern Clubs Champions League (SCCL-P).

We are also very excited to announce that we are creating a new position within our club to oversee this top level play as Technical Director. And delighted to announce that Patrick Olalere has agreed to lead our initial efforts at this highest level.

Coach Olalere currently holds USSF “A” USSF “A” Senior NSCAA Premier, USSF National Youth, NSCAA Premier, MSCAA Advance National & Director of Coaching licenses.
Patrick is also head coach of Lowcountry United playing in the Pro-Premier division of the UPSL (United Premier Soccer League).

Fees (again low), coaches and competition level will be announced after May 15th and once our full team evaluations are complete.
At minimum, these teams should expect to play in the Premier Division of the Southeastern Clubs Champions League (SCCL-P).

We do have openings for coaching staff in this program (paid positions). If anyone is interested, please email: president@cainhoyathletic.com (National D license required).
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/09/19 07:38 PM
https://www.lowcountryunited.com/patrick...country-united/

So he is the TD of two clubs? Seems odd.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/09/19 07:41 PM
Congratulations! Great hire! I thought Low Country United was starting their own academy as well. Will there be any overlap between the two clubs?
Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/09/19 07:52 PM
No plans our end for any such merger or overlap. Patrick has helped us for a while (with teams) and we are delighted he has taken a more focused role moving forward.

Again, just delighted to have someone of his pedigree tp help steer our top teams and coaching direction as we enter SCCL-P.

Thanks for recognizing the value he adds to our organization.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/09/19 08:23 PM
Is the Premiere division (SCCL-P) the first or second division of SCCL?
Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/09/19 08:27 PM
First division within this league.
We will compete in the East bracket
CPL/SCCL East information
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/10/19 01:04 AM
To help the folks that are confused by the alphabet soup of leagues, SCCL-P is the second division below SCCL in the bigger picture, roughly between to Challenge and Open league. Looks like here it is CPL extended to older age groups.

Being in the league is not a bad thing. And I believe if you want, you can get promoted into the SCCL if it works like the West bracket.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/10/19 01:07 AM
Atlanta United U12 team is their only team in the west bracket at the SCCL level(above SCCL-P). I believe it is due to the recent closing of USSDA for the u12 age. I could be wrong there.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/10/19 06:37 PM
Below is a rough ranking of Boys leagues based on where clubs that have teams in multiple leagues place each of their levels. Its a little tough to rank because US Club soccer leagues after ECNL are sometimes based upon meritless political votes like CPL. It is a bit more complex for the girls side, but similar:

1. DA (USSF)
2. *USL Academy (Pro)
3. ECNL (US Club)
4. National League (USYS)
5. NPL (US Club)
T6. Challenge League (SCYSA)
T6. SCCL (US Club)
T8. PMSL (SCYSA)
T8. SCCL-Premier (US Club)
10. Open League(SCYSA)

*begins 2020
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/10/19 06:50 PM
For the girls side, I'm not sure, but something close to this:

1. DA (USSF)
1. ECNL (US Club)
T3.National League (USYS)
T3.Regional ECNL (US Club)
T3.DPL (Regional DA leagues)
6. NPL (US Club)
T7.Challenge League (SCYSA)
T7.SCCL (US Club)
T9.PMSL (SCYSA)
T9.SCCL-Premier (US Club)
11.Open League(SCYSA)
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/10/19 10:10 PM
On the girls side, the Piedmont Conference, which replaced R3PL is a bit lower than NPL and probably will be even with SCCL. Challenge league is probably just below both of those.
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/10/19 10:11 PM
Holy cow,,, if that’s the hierarchy on the boys side. Not sure anyone in Charleston is going to be worthy at competing at that level.
Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/10/19 11:05 PM
SCCL (East) has two divisions. For sake of simplicity here P (I) & II
Some clubs are starting to post preference of leagues in their evaluation and coaching/staffing pages including which division of SCCL targeted.

Our opinion (only that) on strength of leagues based on likely participants (as I know today and assuming largely similar rosters). Of course, I very well could be wrong and there certainly are smarter soccer guys on here than I - we will see

I think PMSL will suffer due to exclusion of CPL U12 (rising U13) teams

NPL
Piedmont Conf(NL)
SCCL I
Challenge
SCCL II
PMSL
Open (including old Coastal U13/14 boys teams)
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 10:53 AM
USA MP admitted into the US Developmental League

http://dpleague.org/
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 11:21 AM
I like this because it still allows them to play high school soccer.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 11:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
USA MP admitted into the US Developmental League

http://dpleague.org/

Thats this one:

Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 12:27 PM
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
I like this because it still allows them to play high school soccer.

Every one of the leagues below DA allows kids to play in high school
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 12:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
SCCL (East) has two divisions. For sake of simplicity here P (I) & II
Some clubs are starting to post preference of leagues in their evaluation and coaching/staffing pages including which division of SCCL targeted.

Our opinion (only that) on strength of leagues based on likely participants (as I know today and assuming largely similar rosters). Of course, I very well could be wrong and there certainly are smarter soccer guys on here than I - we will see

I think PMSL will suffer due to exclusion of CPL U12 (rising U13) teams

NPL
Piedmont Conf(NL)
SCCL I
Challenge
SCCL II
PMSL
Open (including old Coastal U13/14 boys teams)

This an exceptionally provincial view of the leagues, but that works with your marketing so I'll let you run with it. Those poor parents.

Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 02:40 PM
Thanks,,,, “insert eye roll”
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 03:16 PM
Holy cow,,, if that’s the hierarchy on the boys side. Not sure anyone in Charleston is going to be worthy at competing at that level.

That's. Well. I guess that's one world view.
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 04:11 PM
I don’t know if it’s a world view,,, but more of a realistic one. The league doesn’t even exist yet. Also, the cbsc is the only Charleston area team that’s going to be in the league, right?
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 05:11 PM
Analogy:
You want to build an ivy league school here?! Our kids aren't smart enough! And even with better teachers and administrators they couldn't possibly get in! Be realistic! Go away!

Lord have mercy.
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 06:40 PM
Haha, ,,,I think comparing cbsc to an Ivy League school may be a stretch. I’m assuming if a kids expects to get accepted into an Ivy League school,,, they may be able to compete. You ranked the leagues easier and had pmsl next to the bottom. So you honestly think it makes sense for a club to go from the bottom of your own rankings,,, to the top?
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 07:48 PM
We are building one
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 07:51 PM
We are automatically in the USL Academy system. It is a process but that alone will draw players to the club to play along with our current players that want to be part of a system set up by people with experience coaching and directing at premiere league, MLS and national levels.
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/11/19 09:31 PM
Well I can’t argue with that logic. That does make sense.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/12/19 12:08 AM
Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Posted By: Vic Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/12/19 10:46 PM
DC....Atlanta....Miami....get your miles ready. I sure hope that people will actually read on the subject and what this league actually is before they jump all in.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/12/19 11:27 PM
Not sure Vic. When you look all the way down USL Championship, USL 1 and USL 2, there are sufficient clubs in Florida to stand alone. The same for a Georgia, SC, and NC. The question is buy in. Will all those clubs place teams in the Academy league? SCUFC is a good example. They have quality options now, but as a part of USL, they could submit a team (and will likely be encouraged to). Question for them is do they, and which group of kids?

Several clubs will be in similar situations and will surely watch the landscape closely. That said, I don’t think travel would be that egregious. Wilmington, Tormenta, Raleigh, Gville, Charlotte, Columbia all are likely to have teams.
Posted By: Vic Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 12:10 AM
I meant the girls DA league which is for their second teams but all good points about the USL for sure.
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 12:26 AM
More correctly listed for boys:

USSF DA
ECNL/ NPL
SCCL/ CPL
National League ( USYSA )
Challenge League
Classic League

The biggest players in our region are not putting their top teams into National League ( USYSA ).

No need to jump out the gate and claim a new league which hasn’t even fully formed as a top league- USL Academy Pro. Time will tell. Claiming otherwise is foolish.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 01:48 AM
Welcome to the boards.

Can’t say I agree with your list. ECNL>NPL IMO

National League is >>>SCCL/CPL SCCL/CPL is tiered, with ‘b’ and ‘c’ teams present at various levels. You can debate where the USYSA National compares to NPL or ECNL, but SCCL/CPL is an in house league that allows member clubs to play ALL of their teams, regardless of quality. The same cannot be said for USYSA National.

Just because these local clubs choose not to go that route doesn’t diminish the quality of that league, but only the quality of whatever SC team were to enter.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 02:42 AM
What's with the ECNL/NPL pairing? The only commonality is they are both USCS leagues.
I think this is some provincial confusion and understandable. Though the marketing has been pretty hard core CPL is an SC phenomenon that will likely fail like the administrator's last league up north, the NEP.

Look around the country or even neighboring states and see what leagues the big clubs put their teams in. It will look like what my list.
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 10:43 AM
You left out a big detail.. on the boys side winning your NPL league or ECNL league advances you to the same championship. A championship that is only accessible via NPL or ECNL league success. Why would that be the case if the NPL is levels below the ECNL?

By results over the past five years, United Soccer Academy Mount Pleasant has been the strongest boys program in our state. The statement is supported by number of teams winning State Championships ( prior to CESA, DSC, SCUFC, USA/MP leaving the state leagues ).

In our market, the fact that the states most successful boys teams are in the NPL gives the league a big boost.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 11:31 AM
This is my understanding of the leagues. The USYSA, by direction from USSF, started creating a system to develop players for the US National team. The latest incarnation of that is the DA.

One (of several) problem with DA was that MLS clubs saw little purpose in developing players for the National team. LA Galaxy, for example, was much more interested in developing players for the their own team.

Meanwhile, state organizations, each separate but under guidance of USYSA created their pathways and rules to support the vision of USSF. Some did better, some worse. Several clubs though were unhappy. This allowed a private entity, US Club Soccer, to fill that void and create competitive atmospheres that meet the needs of the their member clubs.

On the boys side, the parallel to DA is the ENPL. The NPL s more regionalized, closer to the intent of the Piedmont League (which is a step below the National league). To compare:
https://www.nationalpremierleagues.com/npl-leagues
https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/piedmont-conference/

SCCL and even moreso, CPL, have no fair comparisons. These leagues were organized by their member clubs under the US Club Soccer umbrella, and out of the State leagues (for the most part). Each club has their own reason for entering into this relationship. The CPL (Carolina Premier League) is one of just nine such leagues nationwide (source: https://www.usclubsoccer.org/premier-leagues

scsoccerfan123D has a point when he says it is a somewhat of a phenomenon here. As for its quality relative to the non-CPL teams, that is debatable. The SCCL and CPL have each clubs strongest AND weakest teams. Most of the biggest clubs in the state are members. The glaring exception in the CPL in the Low Country is CBSC, which won 70% of its matches against CPL clubs at the MB tournament in April and had 41 teams across all age groups. Although they applied to enter the CPL, they were denied with no reason given (the CPL does not have a defined entrance criteria. Its members vote on entrance, and it must be unanimous).

Hope this helps
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 02:53 PM
Just a thought. Did the cbsc win 70% of the their matchups against the cpl top teams in the myrtle beach tournament? Has the cbsc top teams matched up with any of the usamp, gps-nasa or cainhoy top teams from u-12 or above? I honestly don't know. I'm just curious how those games turned out.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 03:27 PM
For that tournament, I believe each club recommended the level where they should play. I cannot speak to each matchup, though I am sure it is archived.

A quick perusal of each age groups top divisions shows that CBSC had 3 champions. All CPL clubs combined that were present (Coast, USA/MP, CASC) had 1 top division champion. And yes, they brought their top teams.
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 05:27 PM
I guess what I meant was did the cpl clubs that were present send their top teams and did they match up anywhere with the CBSC. After looking. It didnt look like they matched up. On the boys side CBSC won at u-14. USAMP or Nasa u-14 teams were not there. Usamp u-14 team just won the NPL league and GPS-Nasa just lost in overtime of the state cup finals to the SCUFC ECNL team.

CBSC won at u-10 7v7, but there was also 2 divisions of u-10s that played 9v9 instead of 7v7,, including the usamp top team.

It sounds like I am being critical of CBSC,, and I am really not. I just don't know if the coastal tournament is a good metric for comparison to other local clubs.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 06:45 PM
Maybe, but what other metric do you propose?
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 07:42 PM
The Coast FA tournament is just a general indicator of competitiveness. CBSC teams are competitive U8-U12 with any CPL club. Not much more can be drawn from the results than that.

SCUFC & Discoveries(Now CISC) will be part of the USL Academy league unless their clubs dont want to be part of the USL leagues anymore. It is a 2020 mandate. Their top teams will be in USL Academy League unless they have DA status, then their 2nd team will likely be. Like other big clubs, NPL will be where they put their 2nd, 3rd teams.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 08:19 PM
Originally Posted By: SoccerinLC

By results over the past five years, United Soccer Academy Mount Pleasant has been the strongest boys program in our state. The statement is supported by number of teams winning State Championships ( prior to CESA, DSC, SCUFC, USA/MP leaving the state leagues ).

This may once have been true, even though the numbers of player commitments used in their marketing are deceiving. Now, judging from U12 and below, it has already ceased to be the case. Moving forward there look to be even greater issues.

When Mount Pleasant Soccer Booster Club, now dba USAMP, acted as a local branch of South Carolina United(they were doing usiness as SCUMP then) and acted as a partner to the Battery Academy, they were able to draw in talents from a wide swath of the coastal area. Later they enjoyed a partnership with Tormenta FC, likely to help get DPL status, for what that is worth. Since those relationships were terminated, and the market welcomed new competition in the form of GPS and CBSC, USAMP has begun a struggle to remain dominant.

For various reasons, last year GPS(NASA, Coastal and JIYSC), Cainhoy and CBSC took many players from the USAMP teams. USAMP can tell you how many, but my guess is they lost 1/4 of their club. That puts a huge financial onus on the remaining players to cover the overhead through fee increases, fundraising and USAMP tournament participation. If rumors are true, there has also been a reduction in coaches pay or increased demand on coaches. This is likely fueling the practice of coaches coaching 3(!) teams and directors also coaching 2 teams. No wonder it is so hard to make schedules; there seems to be no coherent curriculum; a parent can't get anyone to respond to calls/emails. Directors don't have time to direct.

This in the face of its struggles to find field space. With the loss of the Old Village Baptist church fields and the expiration of the contract for Patriots Point fields and Carolina Park fields (5 groups including USAMP will share just 2 fields Mon-Thurs on new contract) there was already going to be a problem. The reduction of planned fields in the neighboring town of Awendaw from 4 to 3 seems to have made the huge delays in action on the part of the club's executives even more devastating as those fields are nearing the drop-dead date(if not already past) for breaking ground if they want to use them in the fall.
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 09:02 PM
You surely aren’t implying NPL is home to second and third tier teams beyond DA clubs whose second team is in the NPL. Which is the same set up your saying the new USL league will follow. If second teams behind ECNL aren’t accepted into the NPL, why would the NPL ever entertain second teams behind USL Pro- here’s a heads up.. they won’t .
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/13/19 11:16 PM
Sowing seeds of rumors on this forum does not make them true scsoccerfan. If nothing else I hope it makes you feel better.

USA/MPs teams remain the standard in the LC. Maybe one day the Battery will have teams that can compete, it’s just as likely that the Battery closes shop before that day arrives.

It’s a sad day when all the youth clubs in Charleston are at such odds with the pro club. To suggest it’s to be expected when a pro team enters the youth market is to overlook all the examples where successful pro club presidents and directors are employed. It can be done and supported by the local community. Something the staff at the Battery have demonstrated an inability to accomplish.

If your looking for something misleading... see the number of people the Battery report to the league as their home attendance.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 12:15 AM
Sowing seeds of rumors on this forum does not make them true scsoccerfan. If nothing else I hope it makes you feel better.

USA/MPs teams remain the standard in the LC. Maybe one day the Battery will have teams that can compete, it’s just as likely that the Battery closes shop before that day arrives.

It’s a sad day when all the youth clubs in Charleston are at such odds with the pro club. To suggest it’s to be expected when a pro team enters the youth market is to overlook all the examples where successful pro club presidents and directors are employed. It can be done and supported by the local community. Something the staff at the Battery have demonstrated an inability to accomplish.

If your looking for something misleading... see the number of people the Battery report to the league as their home attendance.

ALL the youth clubs are odds at with the Battery? Are you sure about that? Are you suggesting that every single CPL club voted against their participation?

Are they all rumors? At the very least, some of the field issues USA/MP faces are documented in town and county minutes.

I think GPS has a comparable product right now, at least from u14 boys and younger. Several top USA/MP boys were at GPS evals. CBSC Fleet girls and Cainhoy girls at u9-u12 compare favorably as well.

USA/MP has some strong history worthy of praise, but that doesn’t mean the future or even current landscape will/does mirror the past. GPS in the LC is only a few years old. CBSC is one year old. The environment that USA/MP once led as “the standard” no longer exists. And the landscape will probably look very different 3-5 years from now. Mergers, leagues, changes will happen. We will see how each organization adjusts.
Posted By: Vic Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 12:26 AM
Random thought....ENPL playoffs won't be around once Boys ECNL reaches certain amount of teams. At that point NPL will become a second tier and playoffs wont be mixed. As of now conference standard in Mid-Atlantic and Southeast compared to the NPL is already way higher.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 12:36 AM
Agree 100% with ShamrockRovers.

The part that I wasn't sure about, I mentioned to ask USAMP (the number of players lost).

The field information is a known via town & county documentation or visible to the eye.

Perhaps USAMP should start sowing the seeds of grass instead of misrepresenting fact as rumor.

Current and former heads of the USAMP organization can't fathom a local soccer pyramid without hem atop it and their actions suggest they are more frightened than their words admit.
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 12:46 AM
Out of curiosity, this is the second time I’ve read a comment that says something to the affect of USA needing or being led by Tormenta players. I didn’t correct it before and should have. Looking at the 03 and 02 girls teams that’s simply not true. Iirc the 03 girls side won state cup and played very well if not won Their bracket in NPL this year with little help from Tormenta. The 02s did well I think 3rd or 4th in NPL bracket and won state cup last year iirc. Again, with little help from Tormenta in fact the only issue they had to overcome was missing a GK and having to use a younger keeper. In regards to USA losing players to gps, I think you have that backwards, USA gained a few from gps and scufc and I’d bet you’ll see a bunch more move over at tryouts.
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 12:52 AM
As for why the two leagues are intertwined. Both controlled by us club, one is a club centric meaning field requirements as well as multiple competitive teams across age groups. The other has no field requirements and easier with fewer competitive teams. ECNL at scufc required teams for each age group U13+ whereas NPL can be team specific.
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 02:14 AM
I think as kids get older,,, the better kids tend to migrate together. In the past years, the best kids from the North area have tended to end up at usamp. That being said, Gps has certainly stopped a little of that. There are kids that have started at usamp that are now at gps and kids from goose creek/ Summerville that are now at usamp.

Gps had certainly closed the gap, but anyone who thinks that usamp isn’t the standard In the low country is just not realistic. Their top teams are strong in every age group. How can anyone dispute their results?
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 01:48 PM
My apologies, I do note that I said the USAMP coaching pay issues were a rumor. Are they just that? If it is not true, I apologize and will reconsider sources next time.

Mysonsdad, you did a splendid job tap dancing around the fact that GPS is able to keep its players from going to USAMP.

For the record, Mount Pleasant Soccer Booster Club, using whatever name, did a good job of taking advantage of low field costs and relationship with other clubs in the past. My comment about the deceptive nature of the commitment numbers have more to do with double counting names with South Carolina United and making it seem as though the impetus for the kids to come to play for Mount Pleasant Soccer Booster Club was not actually because of its relationship with the Battery Academy during those years. That effect is wearing off.

It is indeed rich hearing a USAMP supporter suggesting that someone at another club should feel shame. Trying to keep 2nd graders from being able to play other second graders unless they wear a certain color shirt. What a disgusting act.
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 02:43 PM
I'm not dancing around anything. GPS has certainly taken some of the usamp players. They aren't getting as many of the best players from the north area as they used to get... My own son's team has 5 former Usamp players. 4 of which were on their top team, but to minimize how good the teams that they have produced over the years is just ridiculous. I don't owe, usamp a thing,,, but they are still a strong club that produces very good soccer teams. They still have some very good coaches.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 04:06 PM
I'm not dancing around anything. GPS has certainly taken some of the usamp players. They aren't getting as many of the best players from the north area as they used to get... My own son's team has 5 former Usamp players. 4 of which were on their top team, but to minimize how good the teams that they have produced over the years is just ridiculous. I don't owe, usamp a thing,,, but they are still a strong club that produces very good soccer teams. They still have some very good coaches.

I agree with everything you've said there.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 06:25 PM
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D

...With the loss of the Old Village Baptist church field...

I can no longer confirm this ^^ is true. I am assuming MPSBC will still utilize this field.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 06:26 PM

...With the loss of the Old Village Baptist church field...

I can no longer confirm this ^^ is true. I am assuming MPSBC will still utilize this field.

I apologize for that error.
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 08:58 PM
Scsoccerfan123D you do know that the vote wasn’t close for CBSC to enter CPL right? If not, now you do. A yes from Cainhoy, DISA, all GPS Clubs and USA/MP wouldn’t have landed the CBSC in the league!
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/14/19 09:43 PM
Vote needs to be unanimous afaik, so I think your point is either clever or ignorant, depending. And I'm past it. Says alot about the quality of the adults involved, but it is what it is.
Posted By: EastOak961 Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/15/19 12:26 PM
Vote needs to be unanimous afaik, so I think your point is either clever or ignorant, depending. And I'm past it. Says alot about the quality of the adults involved, but it is what it is.

Yeah, I'm not sure I follow their point either. Can you (SoccerinLC) clarify?
Posted By: Talon Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/15/19 12:33 PM

Unanimous? Sounds like the Articles of Confederation and we know how that turned out. If you don't, here is a refresher history lesson:

This meant that any amendment had to have the consent of the national Congress and all of the states. Requiring a unanimous vote made it extremely difficult to pass changes. Ironically, the fact that the Articles of Confederation was so poorly structured that it did not have mechanisms in place to fix itself.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/15/19 01:48 PM
Scsoccerfan123D you do know that the vote wasn’t close for CBSC to enter CPL right? If not, now you do. A yes from Cainhoy, DISA, all GPS Clubs and USA/MP wouldn’t have landed the CBSC in the league!

Interesting. Conjecture, hearsay, trusted confidante, or privileged information? To my knowledge, the vote isn't published. While I am not saying you wrong, or right, I am not sure an honest answer is forthcoming. I think all members have an expectation to keep the meeting minutes/votes secret to protect the others for the results of said exposure.
Posted By: Coach JB Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/15/19 02:57 PM
OK hopefully I have this straight...

The New SCCL-P is below Challenge?

If so, why would a club put a team that was in the playoffs for Challenge last season into the SCCL-P (insert region) this season?
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/15/19 03:19 PM
Hey, I dont think the Challenge will be above the SCCL-P. Just looking at the teams that played Challenge this spring, every team that played U-13 challenge will be in the new league and at u-14, all the teams except for United FC will be in the new league. I am just assuming they will put their higher teams in the SCCL--- but who knows.
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/15/19 03:33 PM
Coach JB.. they wouldn’t. It’s only a CBSC talking point that the SCCL is below Challenge.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/15/19 05:21 PM
Coach JB.. they wouldn’t. It’s only a CBSC talking point that the SCCL is below Challenge.

LC, I have asked you, both here and in your messages, what I believe are fair questions, which you choose to ignore. I understand why CBSC parents have attacked USA/MP more vociferously than some other clubs and can understand why that would seem unfair.

I can tell you that my credibility was attacked last summer when I pointed out that the CPL was formed, in part, to exclude and isolate CBSC by some clubs to protect their own interests. In light of recent events, it appears that said purpose of exclusion seems more plausible than ever. Do you not think CBSC parents have a reason to miffed? Are you willing to state that USA/MP was in fact welcoming of CBSCs inclusion? Lobbied on their behalf? By your very argument, it doesn't matter how any clubs voted, if USA/MP voted "no".

The feeling many have, fair or unfair, is that USA/MP (the most successful overall club in the LowCountry) will go to extraordinary means (some think questionable) to protect its status. Other clubs do too, but USA/MP has the biggest, best reputation, so they are the easiest target. Additionally, MP in general has a reputation of getting its way (ask anyone at 75 Calhoun). How you feel about this may come down to how much you think club soccer is about soccer first, kids first, or business/money first.

Myself, I don't know the CBSC talking points. I know that my only reasonable options based on his age, given work and traffic schedules, limits my son to only two clubs (CBSC and GPS). I chose the one that was most convenient. In all ways, my son and I were pleased with the experience. I am sure he would have had an excellent experience at GPS as well, but it is more of a hardship.

What was disheartening, was that other clubs, for political or financial reasons, chose to create a separate league (much like a deseg. private school or country club), thereby diminishing the game day experience for non-members. I suppose we have our 'separate but equal' (but not really) league. And for those clubs that are not desirable members of CPL, well, those parents can take their kids to CPL clubs, right? What crappy choice.

I predict that 2-3 more clubs will be asked to join the CPL in part to further strangle the state leagues. And then, when there are not enough non-CPL teams to form a sufficient enough quality league what then? Too bad, so sad, they can join the 14% decrease in American youth soccer from last year.

USYS and US Club Soccer are at war. The US Club Soccer National Headquarters is right here in Charleston. Coincidence? The CPL (Carolina Premier League) is one of just nine such leagues nationwide (source: https://www.usclubsoccer.org/premier-leagues

As I said, USA/MP has an excellent history. Be proud. Defend their reputation. I just ask in return, that you acknowledge that CBSC, as well as some other clubs, have every reason to feel they have been jobbed, and that USA/MP is as responsible, if not moreso, than any other club.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/15/19 07:34 PM

I said that SCCL and Challenge were same level. Tied for 6 on that list.

SCCL-P is the second tier of the SCCL.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/20/19 05:38 PM
For the girls side, I'm not sure, but something close to this:

1. DA (USSF)
1. ECNL (US Club)
6. NPL (US Club)
T7.SCCL (US Club)
T9.PMSL (SCYSA)
11.Open League(SCYSA)

Just found out that DPL is unrelated to USSDA so dropping it down a peg.

1. DA (USSF)
1. ECNL (US Club)
5. DPL (Regional DA leagues)
6. NPL (US Club)
T7.SCCL (US Club)
T9.PMSL (SCYSA)
11.Open League(SCYSA)
[/quote]
Posted By: jahlion247 Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/20/19 06:18 PM
The real hierarchy is:

NPL
Piedmont Conference
SCCL Champions
Challenge
SCCL Premier
PMSL
Open

IMO, the SCCL Champions could easily move up to #1 in quick fashion and be second fiddle to ECNL.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/20/19 07:01 PM
Originally Posted By: jahlion247
The real hierarchy is:

NPL
Piedmont Conference
SCCL Champions
Challenge
SCCL Premier
PMSL
Open

IMO, the SCCL Champions could easily move up to #1 in quick fashion and be second fiddle to ECNL.

First, SCCL Champions clubs better teams will play in the NPL or ECNL if able. USA/MP ha already posted their teams and coaching assignments. There top teams will play NPL. Their 'B' teams will play in SCCL. The ECNL is above the NPL in the US Club Soccer hierarchy. CESA and SC Utd are the only clubs in SC with ECNL teams Sourece- https://toq6dn5q7q7tsrs5-zippykid.netdna...6-2019.001.jpeg).

As for NPL vs Piedmont, I am not sure how you can compare.

What makes you so sure NPL rates higher than Piedmont (u-15 boys listed here)?

NPL (South Atlantic)
AFC Lightning (Ga.)
Charlotte Soccer Academy (N.C.)
Chattanooga FC Academy (Tenn.) / boys only
Discoveries SC (S.C.)
FC Alliance (Tenn.) / boys only
Lake Norman SC (N.C.)
Southern Soccer Academy (Ga.)
Triangle United Soccer Association (N.C.)
United Futbol Academy (Ga.)
United Soccer Academy Mount Pleasant (S.C.)
Wake FC (N.C.)

Piedmont league
1) TRIANGLE UNITED TUSA GOLD
2) INTER ATLANTA FC
3) PRO PROFILE ACADEMY PPA KSA
4) GPS CAROLINA GPS NASA 2006
5) PRO-PROFILE ACADEMY
6) NCFC ELITE
7) WAKE FC 06 BLUE
8) SMYRNA 2006 BOYS RED
9) DANIEL ISLAND DISA AJAX
10) CAROLINA FC CFC06B ELITE
11) CHARLOTTE 06 CSA SOUTH ELIT
12) GPS LEXINGTON
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/20/19 07:19 PM
Regardless of CPL anger or a belief in future clubs ability to take their spot as the home for the strongest teams, let’s look at some facts:

Before DSC pulled out for NPL/ ECNL, before SCUFC pulled out for ECNL, before USA/MP pulled out for NPL- USA/MP won all but 1 State Championship on the boys side ( Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 ). They were one of 2 clubs in our entire country to have a boys team in every age group of National League ( not Piedmont league - actual National League ). The only other was Scott Gallagher. USA/MP sent 2 boys teams to the National Championship & have even won a National Championship in the past two years.

Hate em or love em.. the staff at USA/MP have more experience at the top of our state & region then any other LC staff. The fact that they pulled their top teams out of the piedmont league to play in the NPL says it all.

GPS NASA who are up & coming did the same thing. Think they would be doing so to play in a second tier region league? That ones easy- they wouldn’t.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/20/19 08:49 PM
Regardless of CPL anger or a belief in future clubs ability to take their spot as the home for the strongest teams, let’s look at some facts:

Before DSC pulled out for NPL/ ECNL, before SCUFC pulled out for ECNL, before USA/MP pulled out for NPL- USA/MP won all but 1 State Championship on the boys side ( Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 ). They were one of 2 clubs in our entire country to have a boys team in every age group of National League ( not Piedmont league - actual National League ). The only other was Scott Gallagher. USA/MP sent 2 boys teams to the National Championship & have even won a National Championship in the past two years.

Hate em or love em.. the staff at USA/MP have more experience at the top of our state & region then any other LC staff. The fact that they pulled their top teams out of the piedmont league to play in the NPL says it all.

GPS NASA who are up & coming did the same thing. Think they would be doing so to play in a second tier region league? That ones easy- they wouldn’t.

Its not that simple. Remember, the Piedmont, in this case is TEAM based. The NPL is CLUB based. The advantage for the NPL clubs is obvious, they get a seat at the table at every age group. In the USYS system, each team is in based on its own merit. Therefore, a weak team for a club may not make it.

I believe GPS Lexington SA 04 Gold was the only team from SC in the National league last year.

USA/MP NPL teams would likely have done better in the Piedmont than the teams they sent, but if these are the teams that will move to SCCL next year, anyone that thinks that league will automatically be superior to the Piedmont cannot be taken seriously.To summarize how their teams did in the much easier Piedmont:

U13 No team entered
U14 second to last (#9 of 10)
U15 Last place (#10 of 10)
U16 Last place (#8 of 8)
U17 Last place (#8 of 8)
U18 No team entered
U19 Last place (#10 of 10)

It is what it is.
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/20/19 10:25 PM
It is what it is, no doubt, the strongest teams aren’t in the Piedmont league. It’s definitely a lower level than NPL.

Your information on club based vs team level is correct and the same can be said for ECNL, DA, USL Academy etc.

Be glad that the USL Academy will be club based as that would be the only reason CBSC will have access to the USL league, their current crop of teams have no business playing at a level beyond classic / challenge.
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/20/19 11:02 PM
It is what it is, no doubt, the strongest teams aren’t in the Piedmont league. It’s definitely a lower level than NPL.

Your information on club based vs team level is correct and the same can be said for ECNL, DA, USL Academy etc.

Be glad that the USL Academy will be club based as that would be the only reason CBSC will have access to the USL league, their current crop of teams have no business playing at a level beyond classic / challenge.

Perhaps, but lower level is opinion not borne out by facts. Chances are if USA/MP switched their NPL/Piedmont teams to the other leagues, they would instead:
A. Be among the best in the Piedmont and
B. Bottom of the barrel in the NPL.

Pretty much what they have now.

As for CBSC, I agree. And for the sake of the club, hopefully the opportunity for their kids to play in a high quality league will remove the last barrier for some players/parents from joining the club.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/20/19 11:54 PM

Who said anything about NL-Piedmont?

U8-U12 CBSC Boys and girls top teams will beat USAMP top teams 80% of the time at minimum due to this past year's training alone. Lets us play and see. But the club focus is long term development of all kids, even of the "crop" of you kids that you just threw under the bus. I would argue that that mentality is one of many reasons USAMP "has no business" teaching kids anything.

Also lets keep in mind that it was the local government subsidies and exclusive contract that set the Booster Club(USAMP) up to become the once dominant force. That and partnerships with better organizations like SCU and Tormenta FC. Now that the field subsidization is gone, competition is open, and those relationships are in the rearview, the dominance is over. It might not take effect immediately at the older ages, but U12 and below it has.

And that is why you won't let 2nd graders play each other. The fear of something better.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/21/19 12:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
SCCL (East) has two divisions. For sake of simplicity here P (I) & II ....

Do you not understand your own league or are you saying there are actually two divisions of the second division of SCCL, which is lower than NPL in USCS-only league pyramid?

So NPL>SCCL>SCCL-P(I)>SCCL-P(II)

Do parents and coaches know this?
Posted By: mysonsdad Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/21/19 01:08 AM
I don’t have a dog in this fight. But cbsc winning 80% against Usamp, at least at boys, just wouldn’t happen. I don’t care how many times I see the #individualdevelopment hashtag posted.

They are certainly better at the younger ages, but Even winning 4 out of 10 times would be a stretch. Your 07s lost to the usamp second team in the Coast tournament just a month ago, and I’m know that Usamp, Cainhoy and Gps 07s first teams are really really good. Your 08 north is ok, but would probably be 4th in the area. Your 05s won pmsl state, that’s a great accomplishment for those kids. But they are at best the 3rd best team in a 10 mile radius.

I think the cbsc will continue to make strides, assuming their first team stays around, but success against the teams from Walterboro, isol and your own 2nd-5th teams aren’t the same as beating Usamps galaxy teams
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/21/19 01:26 AM
I don’t have a dog in this fight. But cbsc winning 80% against Usamp, at least at boys, just wouldn’t happen. I don’t care how many times I see the #individualdevelopment hashtag posted.

They are certainly better at the younger ages, but Even winning 4 out of 10 times would be a stretch. Your 07s lost to the usamp second team in the Coast tournament just a month ago, and I’m know that Usamp, Cainhoy and Gps 07s first teams are really really good. Your 08 north is ok, but would probably be 4th in the area. Your 05s won pmsl state, that’s a great accomplishment for those kids. But they are at best the 3rd best team in a 10 mile radius.

I think the cbsc will continue to make strides, assuming their first team stays around, but success against the teams from Walterboro, isol and your own 2nd-5th teams aren’t the same as beating Usamps galaxy teams

I said U8-U12.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/21/19 01:30 AM
Cainhoy doesn't have a first team. It is just a loose affiliation of coaches. Assuming you mean Temoc's team though.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 05/21/19 01:41 AM
Theres plenty to like about the 07 Revolution, USAMPs second team. Those boys and their parents have been treated miserably by the club for years.

VisitRaleigh 07 Boys results are a good place to compare 07s. No USAMP 07s though I agree USAMP was likely a step above all last year:

Division ONE:
CBSC 1-1-1

Division TWO:
Coast FA 2-0-1
GPS maroon 2-1-0

Division FOUR:
JIYSC 3-0-0
Cainhoy Gunners 3-0-0
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: CASC: Premier program expansion - 06/01/19 10:14 PM
Theres plenty to like about the 07 Revolution, USAMPs second team.

VisitRaleigh 07 Boys results are a good place to compare 07s. No USAMP 07s though I agree USAMP was likely a step above all last year:

We agree! Great teams, both of them.
© SC Soccer