SC Soccer
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/10/20 08:41 PM
Anyone hearing about this? Thoughts?
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/11/20 02:26 PM
That’s the word on the street.

Be interesting to see what happens with ECNL, NPL & DPL & how that effects USYSA leagues if DA does fold.
Posted By: TwinsDad09 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/11/20 05:52 PM
I read about this on Soccerwire yesterday.

https://www.soccerwire.com/resources/opi...opment-academy/

It makes since with how MLS will be doing there own academy soon. Girls da has been struggling for a while it seems. ECNL will get stronger on the girls side. Not sure what it will mean for DPL but I’m sure it would follow the same fate.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/14/20 04:18 PM
https://twitter.com/PaulTenorio/status/1250169414047215616?s=19
Posted By: TwinsDad09 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/15/20 04:19 PM
this is the press release for NCFC youth about joining ECNL Boys due to DA folding. ECNL has put out to social media posts accepting new clubs. I would expect to see a lot of that over the next few weeks.

https://www.ncfcyouth.com/Default.aspx?t...;ctl=newsdetail
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/15/20 04:22 PM
https://twitter.com/BoysECNL/status/1250508112152399878?s=19
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/15/20 04:24 PM
https://www.independencesoccer.club/news-detail/boys-national-programming
Posted By: TwinsDad09 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/15/20 06:14 PM
Official statement from US soccer on the da.

https://twitter.com/ussoccer_da/status/1250554039093334019?s=21
Posted By: Shamrock Rovers Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/15/20 06:57 PM
Long rumored to be in the works, looks like MLS will spearhead an alternative.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/04/1...ite-competition
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 04/15/20 08:06 PM
https://twitter.com/USYouthSoccer/status/1250576019129610241?s=19
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/04/20 09:22 PM
Sounds like Girls Academy League will be the new thing here locally as a spin off from DPL and DA. Feedback from players from last season DPL was great as competition was good and the recruiting opportunities for college seeking players was great. On the girls side take a look at the college commits from CESA, USA MTP, and SCUFC and I think you would be surprised at the exposure when considering DPL, ECNL, DA etc.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/05/20 02:45 PM
The DPL was 4 clubs last year. The two Florida clubs were dreadful. It was not a good use of parents' time or money. Next year, the Southeast GAL is shaping up to be by far the weakest conference in GAL but now with minimum 6 Florida teams. An event with that SE group will continue to not be a good use of parents' time or money.

Showcases past and future are a good place to see college coaches. You'll still find better showcases than what GAL has to offer. Also let's not confuse & combine what ECNL does for girls at CESA and SCUFC and DPL. DPL and now GAL are woefully far behind ECNL in all measures.

My last point would be to say that since we have been told by some folks who have been unable to grow the sport enough here in the low country over the past two decades to allow for the girls at more than one club to gain entry into a higher level league, I look forward to the GPS-JIYSC-CSC alliance taking that spot over as girls and coaches continue flock to other clubs that demonstrate they want to help grow the game.

#DecencyNotLegacy
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/05/20 03:48 PM
What are you basing all of your post/information on? Did your kid play ECNL at any of the clubs you mention? Did your kid play in the NPL and DPL over the past few years to form that opinion? Do you coach with a college program? You seem to be basing your opinion off of something you read in another forum. If you want to understand the girls side of soccer specifically here in South Carolina you should probably understand who is getting recruited and where they’re going to in terms of schools along with how they got recruited.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/05/20 04:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Chuck607
What are you basing all of your post/information on? Did your kid play ECNL at any of the clubs you mention? Did your kid play in the NPL and DPL over the past few years to form that opinion? Do you coach with a college program? You seem to be basing your opinion off of something you read in another forum. If you want to understand the girls side of soccer specifically here in South Carolina you should probably understand who is getting recruited and where they’re going to in terms of schools along with how they got recruited.

"My last point would be to say that, since we have been told by some folks who have been unable to grow the sport enough here in the low country over the past two decades to allow for the girls at more than one club to gain entry into a higher level league, I look forward to the GPS-JIYSC-CSC alliance taking that spot over as girls and coaches continue flock to other clubs that demonstrate they want to help grow the game.

#DecencyNotLegacy"
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/05/20 04:13 PM
My questions stand. We are all intimately familiar with your disdain for everything MTP, you’ve established that. You’re completely missing the point here. Let’s be honest, if SSC had a team in NPL or DPL you’d be praising those leagues and the exposure. I’ve told you this before, let it go.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/05/20 04:16 PM
My questions stand. We are all intimately familiar with your disdain for everything MTP, you’ve established that. You’re completely missing the point here. Let’s be honest, if SSC had a team in NPL or DPL you’d be praising those leagues and the exposure. I’ve told you this before, let it go.

Not DPL. Though I would be praising girls NPL and the exposure it gives if some coaches didn't have something against the success of girls not in their club.

#GrowTheSport
#DecencyNotLegacy
Posted By: Vic Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 10:27 AM
Based on Chuck’ statement GAL is coming to Charleston. I would imagine CSC would be the main player trying to get access to that unless Surf has those plans already. That means DPL would become second tier, which would be silly to participate in at that point.

To his point yes coaches recruit from all leagues. At the same time they have limited time and funds available to attend showcases and other events. They need to see as many players in one location as they can. With current economic situation things will get even tighter. Based on the exposure factor and talent consolidation, ECNL showcases are not even comparable to anything else but Jeff Cup or few DA events of the past with 500+ coaches at each event. At that point it’s up to the kids to perform. Soccer standard In S.C. has rapidly improved over last 10 years which is awesome to see and It is due to clubs and coaches doing great things all around.

GAL is the new and shiny thing at the moment, with time things may get better and showcase events may grow. As of now it’s just promises and hope vs. a product that has been around for several years. Time will only tell.
Posted By: EastOak961 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 12:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Vic
GAL is the new and shiny thing at the moment, with time things may get better and showcase events may grow. As of now it’s just promises and hope vs. a product that has been around for several years. Time will only tell.

I think ECNL is the shiny thing at the moment. GAL is a distant second to be honest. Every club would pick ECNL over GAL in a heartbeat. GAL seems like it may shape up to be pretty darn good, but it is still second choice (at best) and that is okay to admit.
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 01:30 PM
The conversation isn’t about what is better or worse, the conversation is about recognizing a great opportunity for low country girls that want to be recruited. To simply post negative crap all day about anything that isn’t ECNL is absurd and naive. To think that if your kid doesn’t play at SCUFC or CESA your kid won’t get recruited or offered a chance to play in college...dumb. Yes when it comes to the best opportunity to play in college CESA ECNL by far is the best avenue to that, no question. With that said, USA and GPS have done a superb job in the recruiting process to surpass SCUFC and their ECNL program despite not being able to get an ECNL program. As far as budgets and how schools are recruiting kids, if your kid is wanting to play at an in state school don’t be fooled to think that S.C. school doesn’t attend any local events including ODP and Viking Cup.
Posted By: EastOak961 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 02:33 PM
The conversation isn’t about what is better or worse, the conversation is about recognizing a great opportunity for low country girls that want to be recruited. To simply post negative crap all day about anything that isn’t ECNL is absurd and naive. To think that if your kid doesn’t play at SCUFC or CESA your kid won’t get recruited or offered a chance to play in college...dumb. Yes when it comes to the best opportunity to play in college CESA ECNL by far is the best avenue to that, no question. With that said, USA and GPS have done a superb job in the recruiting process to surpass SCUFC and their ECNL program despite not being able to get an ECNL program. As far as budgets and how schools are recruiting kids, if your kid is wanting to play at an in state school don’t be fooled to think that S.C. school doesn’t attend any local events including ODP and Viking Cup.

I think you're projecting here and putting wording into peoples mouths. No one said any of the things you are imagining. And, I don't see anyone posting 'negative crap' here except for you.

The thread was about the DA folding and possible leagues teams would go to (and the possible 'pecking' order of those leagues). All seemed fine. If you don't want to discuss that, no problem, start another thread about how great the GAL is. I am sure people will post there and affirm that the GAL is indeed shaping up to be a great league. Which I would certainly agree with!
Posted By: Vic Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 03:06 PM
Not sure why are you so angry Chucky.
At no point anyone said “ To think that if your kid doesn’t play at SCUFC or CESA your kid won’t get recruited or offered a chance to play in college..” that would be dumb.
Statement was that ECNL in general has the most exposure....exposure doesn’t equal signings which is why I said “at that point it’s up to the kids to perform.”
Yes college coaches attend Viking Cup, HS State finals etc....ODP not really unless it’s the international trip. Regionals have been subpar at best for the past 3 years but that’s a separate issue with kids not doing ODP that much anymore and the way things were running.

Did USA have girls go to play in college this year? Of course, but so did Carolina FC and Furman, but to make a statement that both GPS and MP surpassed Columbia’ ECNL recruiting process is a bit of a stretch even for you tho, and I’m from the Upstate haha. It’s all good...take a deep breath. Plenty of room for all the kids to find a soccer program if they want to play.
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 04:18 PM
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
The DPL was 4 clubs last year. The two Florida clubs were dreadful. It was not a good use of parents' time or money. Next year, the Southeast GAL is shaping up to be by far the weakest conference in GAL but now with minimum 6 Florida teams. An event with that SE group will continue to not be a good use of parents' time or money.

Showcases past and future are a good place to see college coaches. You'll still find better showcases than what GAL has to offer. Also let's not confuse & combine what ECNL does for girls at CESA and SCUFC and DPL. DPL and now GAL are woefully far behind ECNL in all measures.

My last point would be to say that since we have been told by some folks who have been unable to grow the sport enough here in the low country over the past two decades to allow for the girls at more than one club to gain entry into a higher level league, I look forward to the GPS-JIYSC-CSC alliance taking that spot over as girls and coaches continue flock to other clubs that demonstrate they want to help grow the game.

#DecencyNotLegacy

@vic @eastoak961: this is what I’m responding to and the absurdity in it. Read my post above his/hers and show me any negativity implied...I’ll wait. That’s right there wasn’t any. Yep the DA folded and the result here in Charleston is our top teams will again be playing both NPL and DPL which provided excellent exposure and some great competition. If I’ve implied that being a bad thing, let me dispel that by saying this is a great opportunity for Charleston kids as opposed to any other alternative with the exception of hauling your daughter to CESA. My last post directly challenges the assumption that a college is only going to recruit at ECNL showcases of as one of you said, Jeff Cup....that’s not true at all.
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 04:25 PM

Did USA have girls go to play in college this year? Of course, but so did Carolina FC and Furman, but to make a statement that both GPS and MP surpassed Columbia’ ECNL recruiting process is a bit of a stretch even for you tho, and I’m from the Upstate haha. It’s all good...take a deep breath

Lol I’m breathing! No stretch here, don’t let the league fool you. As someone fully immersed in collegiate soccer here I can tell you that those two clubs had more kids get offered/commit than their ECNL counterpart in Columbia. Hell one of those GPS coaches even worked some magic to get one of his/her former players that had moved to cbsc. But let me go back to being angry and not breathing lol
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 05:13 PM

#DecencyNotLegacy

@vic @eastoak961: this is what I’m responding to and the absurdity in it. Read my post above his/hers and show me any negativity implied...I’ll wait. That’s right there wasn’t any. Yep the DA folded and the result here in Charleston is our top teams will again be playing both NPL and DPL which provided excellent exposure and some great competition. If I’ve implied that being a bad thing, let me dispel that by saying this is a great opportunity for Charleston kids as opposed to any other alternative with the exception of hauling your daughter to CESA. My last post directly challenges the assumption that a college is only going to recruit at ECNL showcases of as one of you said, Jeff Cup....that’s not true at all.

Chuck it seems amazing you can text while patting yourself on the back with both hands. You and your club go out of your way to limit the girls in this area and then brag about it. We see you now.

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame
Posted By: jumbopaper Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 05:55 PM
So the quality of the league that you play in is more important than the quality of the soccer that you play?
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 06:40 PM

#DecencyNotLegacy

Chuck it seems amazing you can text while patting yourself on the back with both hands. You and your club go out of your way to limit the girls in this area and then brag about it. We see you now.

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame

Can you do us all a favor and explain exactly how one could reach the conclusion that the local club with which you have beef is limiting opportunity on the girls side?
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 06:59 PM
I love the "who, me?"

Tick tock

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 07:48 PM
I love the "who, me?"

Tick tock

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame

That’s not very enlightening. Leaves little choice but to assume all short comings of your club are at the blame of others. Not so sure that’s a successful model, but hey good luck!
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 07:52 PM
http://forums.scsoccer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=18226&Number=176321#Post176322

Funny how history repeats itself. Glad we wont put up with it any longer.

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheSport
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/06/20 08:12 PM
http://forums.scsoccer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=18226&Number=176321#Post176322

Funny how history repeats itself. Glad we wont put up with it any longer.

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheSport

Go ahead and state your case for why ( based on your clubs results ) your club belongs in any league in which they currently don’t have access to on the elite level. Make your case before this chosen audience, why wouldn’t you? Easier to play the victim card?
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/07/20 05:21 AM
PinLC it's actually a more truthful stance that you should have pivoted from "we didn't actively lobby against lowcountry girls" to "we dont believe they are good enough".

Here's a laughter from your website:
"Our Core Values
Sportsmanship, Community Relationships, Excellence, Positivity, Leadership, Communication, Respect, Creativity, Diversity, Partnerships"

Instead of jumping on another clubs thread and talking about what leagues your club has bc you active lobby to keep other lowcountry girls down, go start up a thread and prove any of those core values exist among your remaining 2 directors.

Tick tock

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/07/20 06:12 AM
I’m not claiming they should or should not be in any league. I’m far to uninformed to make a claim to that. My question is simple, can you make a case that they belong? If so that would be the necessary proof to back up a claim that someone is holding down opportunities for your club.

Without that presentation, this portion of this thread in which you made that claim, feels like more of the same from you, blame everything on another club. It’s getting kind of old.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/07/20 06:54 AM
Are you saying clubs haven't applied? I'll let those applications speak for themselves.

Are you saying one club hasn't actively lobbied against Lowcountry girls? You may be uninformed(now) maybe not.

If it feels like the same old story, that's because it is the same old story. It is one club's legacey and we are tired of it.

We are unified now for the kids, creating COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS by developing PARTNERSHIPS between clubs in the community. We RESPECT each club and the kids in our partnership. Being inclusive and sharing ideas is our strength. It is an integral part of creating a DIVERSE and SPORTSMANLIKE ecosystem where kids can thrive. Any and all who demonstrate through intent and action that they are decent are welcome. The future is bright and we will continue to fight for what is right.

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame
Posted By: SoccerinLC Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/07/20 09:03 AM
Seems based on what you are presenting your willing to hold a gauge on an assumption. The assumption being that failure to gain elite league access is due to another club. You make that claim here without even a shred of supporting evidence except a application that no one here has seen/ has access to and your belief that the only way you wouldn’t be in is due to another club.

Please let me know where I’m off.
Posted By: scsoccerfan123D Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/07/20 09:24 AM
*Applications*

I'm sure the girls jr Academy coaches that left did so for a good reason. But I'll give it a rest now, if that will keep you in retirement PinLC.

I'm excited about the new opportunities for kids in the Lowcountry and the ongoing process among the decent folks here toward a more inclusive and transparent environment for our kids.

I think next year will be a great success, not just in the performance of the top teams, but in the way all teams, and all clubs, are treated.
Posted By: EastOak961 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/07/20 06:44 PM

#DecencyNotLegacy

I still don't get what you are talking about Chuck. You are majorly projecting your own insecurities onto others. Vic is not even from Charleston. In a discussion about DA folding and what the league landscape will look like, you somehow make it personal (why?) and go on some weird tirade about Charleston top teams and ENCL recruiting and Jeff Cup.

You're right on one thing though, I guess your postings weren't 'negative,'- just bipolar, completely out of context and obviously hostile (for no good reason).
Posted By: Chuck607 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/07/20 08:39 PM
Originally Posted By: EastOak961

I still don't get what you are talking about Chuck. You are majorly projecting your own insecurities onto others. Vic is not even from Charleston. In a discussion about DA folding and what the league landscape will look like, you somehow make it personal (why?) and go on some weird tirade about Charleston top teams and ENCL recruiting and Jeff Cup.

You're right on one thing though, I guess your postings weren't 'negative,'- just bipolar, completely out of context and obviously hostile (for no good reason).

No worries here bud! The point was obviously not communicated well enough for you and that’s ok! and if I’ve personally attacked Vic, then I apologize as that wasn’t the intent at all. My posts were directed at the same SSC parent (that I quoted) that continues to troll here, my bad I fed into it. Zero insecurities on my end bud, have yourself a great night! 🍺
Posted By: Vic Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/07/20 10:30 PM

Did USA have girls go to play in college this year? Of course, but so did Carolina FC and Furman, but to make a statement that both GPS and MP surpassed Columbia’ ECNL recruiting process is a bit of a stretch even for you tho, and I’m from the Upstate haha. It’s all good...take a deep breath

Lol I’m breathing! No stretch here, don’t let the league fool you. As someone fully immersed in collegiate soccer here I can tell you that those two clubs had more kids get offered/commit than their ECNL counterpart in Columbia. Hell one of those GPS coaches even worked some magic to get one of his/her former players that had moved to cbsc. But let me go back to being angry and not breathing lol

No worries about me Chuck. I quite enjoy the fireworks you guys have going on in Chucktown. Some entertaining stuff. Your reply did get me a bit intrigued and since we get to play SCUFC twice a year plus all this time on my hands now due to this pandemic going on, I decided to scan the social media to see how accurate your college signing info really is at Gps NASA, USA, and In Columbia. Now some clubs are more active on social media than others so this is obviously not bulletproof by any means. Also, any kid pursuing their dream of playing college soccer should be congratulated and we all understand that not all those graduating players on ECNL or premier teams decide to play at the next level for many reasons even if they had offers. Some of the older ages are mixed groups due to birth year and graduation year being different.

GPS NASA seemed to have 5 players continuing to play which is excellent to see. Well done to those ladies and their coaches for getting them to this level.
USA MP social media doesn’t seem to be well updated and seems hard to find any info about any kids going anywhere but knowing how strong those Wando, AM and BE teams were I’m positive multiple girls are continuing to play. As you stated you are more into the college scene so I’m sure you know better than me.
Scufc has 7 21s currently posted, 8 20s from ECNL and numerous premier players as well.

So there’s no misunderstanding, this isn’t anti Coast recruiting post promoting ECNL. There’s only so much Netflix you can watch so I decided to follow up on your statement. You seem to know a lot more than me about what’s going on with the older groups and college scene in Charleston. Let’s just hope we get back to the fields soon!!
Posted By: EastOak961 Re: US Socce Dev Academy folding - 05/08/20 11:32 AM
smile

I see. The structure of these threads is hard to follow at times.
© SC Soccer