SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous High School coaching in club - 08/15/05 01:24 AM
I hear a lot of different interpretations about how many of high school kids a high school coach can coach on his club team. Does anyone know the rule verbatim? I know it is an high school rule not a SCYSA rule.
Posted By: Soccer Watcher Re: High School coaching in club - 08/15/05 01:54 AM
quote:
If a coach from a school (including volunteer coaches) is associated with an outside team, no more than 75% of the allowable starters for that sport may be on the roster of the outside team.

Examples of squad limits are: Basketball (3), Soccer (8), Volleyball (4), Baseball (7), Softball (7), Swimming (3) and Track (3). This restriction applies to all students who were included on the school's certificate of eligibility and dressed for a varsity game during the previous season. Students with no remaining eligibility will not count.

I think this is it, here's the whole section if you want to plow through it. The above came from page A-24: http://www.schsl.org/2005/Constitution%2005-06.pdf
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: High School coaching in club - 08/15/05 01:50 PM
I'll second that. I've always heard the maximum number allowed for soccer is 8.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: High School coaching in club - 08/15/05 03:52 PM
Thanks SW.
What high school coaches out there also have club teams? Has this been an issue for any of them?
Posted By: Lima99 Re: High School coaching in club - 08/15/05 05:38 PM
I have no one of the 16 players on my U15 club team that is even attending the high school I coach at.
Posted By: 202677 Re: High School coaching in club - 08/16/05 01:41 AM
Lima99 - Where do you coach? What club and HS? I know that most smaller areas have to have club players from the local high school and many times it's only the HS coach and a few others capable of coaching at that level.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: High School coaching in club - 08/17/05 02:07 AM
How many BE boys are on Koury's U-17 team at Bridge?
Posted By: soccersmylife Re: High School coaching in club - 08/17/05 09:42 AM
Not enough to break any rules. In fact you can go to the hotstat page and check out the roster. Looks like two or three.
© SC Soccer