SC Soccer
Posted By: LeGrazie Soccer Camps - 04/30/06 03:31 AM
As we approach the summer break, who has reccomendations for classic level soccer camps?
Posted By: The Hammer Re: Soccer Camps - 04/30/06 11:01 AM
Check out Lundy's camps. They're the best for development. Lots of skill work. I don't know if any of them are still in SC though.
Posted By: keepcoach01 Re: Soccer Camps - 04/30/06 06:36 PM
Lunday camps are where you will get the most for your money. There are no longer any residential Lunday camps in SC. I would look into the ones that are in Ashville, NC, the weather is much more tolerable.
Posted By: whsweeper Re: Soccer Camps - 04/30/06 07:53 PM
definately go to the lundy camps you get so much better going to those. The ashville one is the best but there are also ones in Georgia if that is closer
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Soccer Camps - 05/01/06 01:47 AM
I know this has been mentioned but i will also say Lundy camps. Gone 2 years great talent and coaching there. YOU WILL IMPROVE
Posted By: HawkSoccer21 Re: Soccer Camps - 05/01/06 02:07 AM
Anyone been to Adair's Clemson camp? I'd considered going, but i'm still looking at some others too.
Posted By: goals66 Re: Soccer Camps - 05/01/06 02:44 AM
I went when I was 14, and I thought it was a good camp. In my opinion, Lundy was a tougher camp and more productive.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: Soccer Camps - 05/01/06 03:02 AM
Adair's elite camp is very good..the advanced camp was average at best..the elite camp fills up quickly...Coastal does a good job too.
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: Soccer Camps - 05/02/06 01:22 PM
For female keepers, Clemson Lady Tiger's Elite camps. A chance to work with Laurie Pells should not be missed.
Posted By: JIMBO Re: Soccer Camps - 05/02/06 01:44 PM
Also for keepers - Premier Goalkeeping Academy is excellent. Van Taylor (Lander Mens Head Coach) and Bill Finneyfrock run this camp. They were both professional keepers and they really know their stuff. My kid is looking for a second camp to attend in addition to this one......Does anyone know if Lundy's Camp is good for keepers?
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: Soccer Camps - 05/02/06 02:09 PM
My '93 son and a handful of his teammates went to the Clemson Elite Camp summer of 2004 and did not have a good experience. Training was adequate, competition was mediocre. Main thing was that facilities and supervision were terrible.
One of our kids lost 5-6 pounds because of not eating. Only got so much time to eat and long lines in cafeteria due to other camps resulted in not enough time to eat. Some meals consisted of an apple. After the fact complaints went unanswered.

Lundy camp last summer....was fabulous. Well organized, great facilities at Christ School. Coaches ate with the kids. Very tough....excellent, intense sessions. My son came home and slept for about a day and a half. But he loved it and can't wait to go back this year.
Posted By: The Fan Re: Soccer Camps - 05/02/06 02:45 PM
For keepers, I would definitely go to Technical Soccer Clinics. The high level of difficulty and honesty of the keeper coaches will improve anyone's game. Here is the link to the file on the head keeper coach:
http://www.technicalsoccer.com/staffABEL.htm
Posted By: the voice of reason Re: Soccer Camps - 05/02/06 06:38 PM
For GKers, you cannot beat SoccerPlus.

www.soccerpluscamps.com

I continually return to work for them b/c the quality of GKers and staff is second to none. I enjoy coaching talent and working with talented coaches-- i get both at Plus. It is also a GKer specific camp. There are usually 75+ GKers at each site with a player to coach ratio of about 8:1. This provides you GKer the chance to interact and learn from an array of different ages, location and styles of GKer-- unlike some camps where there are only 8 GKers in the whole camp. That kind if feeling for a GKer is indescribable.

I have worked and talked to people who have attended and worked other camps and their experiences and comments about other GKer camps pale in comparison to SoccerPlus. It is run by Tony DiCicco and all directors are former college and professional players and are all excellent coaches. The staff is made up of current college coaches and a few college players.

The main thing to remember is that just b/c a person was a professional player it does not automatically make them the best coach. Don't get caught up too much in playing credentials. You are sending you child to camp to be coached.
Posted By: Midlandsoccer17 Re: Soccer Camps - 05/03/06 03:25 AM
Not trying to start an arguement or anything but I've gone to the Clemson Elite Camp for the past 3 summers now and has been the best camp I've ever gone too. I've tried Lundy, Berson, Furman even, and I think its the best around. Lundy may be the hardest camp, but I don't think it does as much for you as a player as does Clemson Camp, but thats only my opinion.
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: Soccer Camps - 05/03/06 02:14 PM
No arguments Midlands.....glad its worked out for you. We just didn't share your experience. The level of play in the 10-13 year age group was mediocre at best.....our 10 year olds were near the top of the ladder from what I witnessed and that shouldn't happen when playign against older kids. Plus......the lack of supervision was an issue and ensuring that the kids were eating properly.

But if none of those things were factors for you....then thats great. Its a popular camp and I'm sure its that way for a reason.
© SC Soccer