SC Soccer
Posted By: greenacres U14 Girls Challenge - 02/27/07 03:44 PM
Now that the spring season is underway, what teams look like the front-runners for state cup?
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 02/27/07 07:54 PM
I'll go out on a limb here......

CESA '92 or CESA '93.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 02/28/07 03:28 PM
CESA '93....little sisters over the big sisters.
Posted By: TS Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/01/07 09:19 PM
1. Columbia United
2. Bridge 92 Gold
Posted By: greenacres Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/01/07 09:21 PM
I think you got it backwards....
1. Bridge
2. Columbia United
Posted By: SoccerDOC Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/02/07 03:26 PM
1. CUSC 92 Black
2. CESA 93
Posted By: greenacres Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/02/07 06:08 PM
Did CUSC 92 Black add some players since last season? Their record in the fall was 2-4-0. I doubt if they will be in contention unless they added quality players.
Will CESA 93 be able to play in state cup in U14 age group or will they have to drop back to their own age group for the cup?
Posted By: Coach P Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/02/07 08:45 PM
Seeding going into the Challenge Cup:
1. CESA 92 Premier
2. Bridge FA 92 Gold
3. CESA 93 Premier
4. Columbia United Elite
5. Charleston United Black
6. CESA Challenge
7. CarolinaFC
8. Lexington Burn
9. Coast FA Surge (do not advance)
Posted By: Coach P Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/02/07 08:49 PM
Quote:

Will CESA 93 be able to play in state cup in U14 age group or will they have to drop back to their own age group for the cup?

The way I understand the Challenge Cup rules, they must play in the U14 Challenge Cup.
Posted By: Beezer Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/02/07 09:23 PM
Bridge FA will finish higher the CESA in Premier League thus getting the top seed and pitting CESA against one another in the U14 semifinal and the right to play Bridge FA in the State Cup final.
Posted By: Shibumi Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/05/07 10:47 AM
>>[Beezer] Bridge FA will finish higher the CESA in Premier League ...<<

To date:

CESA: 1-3 (GF: 1, GA: 7, GD: -6)
Bridge FA: 0-4 (GF: 2, GA:14, GD: -12)
Posted By: soccerislife Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/05/07 12:56 PM
Both teams are having a rough time in the league. We just have to get better in that age group. Thats all we can hope for at this point. I will not want to be posting these kinds of records to knock another team.
Posted By: Shibumi Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/05/07 06:36 PM
>>[soccerislife] I will not want to be posting these kinds of records to knock another team.<<

I will not either.
Posted By: Paints Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/05/07 09:46 PM
I may be wrong, but both teams have played the toughest games first. Hopefully the results improve as the season progresses.
Posted By: TS Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/10/07 10:19 PM
3/10/07

Columbia United - 2
CESA 93 Premier - 1

Columbia United has now beaten both CESA 93 Premier and CESA 92 Challenge teams in the spring season and the 92 Premier team in the fall.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/11/07 04:25 AM
Is that the CUFC '92s beating the CESA Premier '93s?
Posted By: TS Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/11/07 11:24 AM
Yes, the Columbia Unite FC U14 Girls Elite beat the CESA Premier 93 team Saturday in Ballentine.
Posted By: greenacres Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/12/07 12:01 AM
Like I said before I am looking forward to Bridge and CUFC playing in the finals of state cup. CESA is overrated in this age group, and arrogant to think that a u13 team could compete for state cup. Columbia United proved this weekend that CESA 93 Premier is out classed in this division.
Posted By: bamr1 Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/12/07 01:05 AM
You obviously could not have watched the game to make such a comment. I did and the CESA team dominated, just couldn't get one in. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that the game was not competative, just that CESA took 10 times more shots at the goal. This is the right division for them and I predict they will do just fine at state.

By the way I am not a parent of this team.
Posted By: Coach P Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/12/07 09:30 AM
Quote:

Columbia United proved this weekend that CESA 93 Premier is out classed in this division.

Outclassed because of a 2-1 loss? Don't forget, CESA 93 Premier went undefeated in the U14 Challenge division in the Fall. I would say they were certainly NOT outclassed! I predict they will be one of the final 4 at the Challenge Cup.
Posted By: Coach P Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/12/07 03:57 PM
Quote:

Like I said before I am looking forward to Bridge and CUFC playing in the finals of state cup. CESA is overrated in this age group, and arrogant to think that a u13 team could compete for state cup. Columbia United proved this weekend that CESA 93 Premier is out classed in this division.

I still predict the following seeding for the final 4:
1. CESA 92 Premier
2. Bridge FA 92 Gold
3. CESA 93 Premier
4. Columbia United Elite

If this prediction becomes reality, Bridge FA 92 Gold will also have their chance to prove, in the semifinals, how much CESA 93 Premier is "outclassed" and "overrated".

I have coached against both teams in the last year and predict CESA 93 Premier will win this semifinal battle if it happens.

But, in any event, if these four teams make the semifinals, as they should, it should be a great weekend of soccer.
Posted By: Shibumi Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/13/07 08:51 PM
>> ...arrogant to think that a u13 team could compete for state cup<<

Wow. I might have termed it "ambitious", but "arrogant"? If the girls are competitive in this group (and they appear to be), why would it be arrogant for them to step up and compete in it?
Posted By: Hobo Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/17/07 03:14 AM
"CESA is overrated in this age group, and arrogant to think that a u13 team could compete for state cup"

WOW. This is a bold statement. The Little girls have one losing game. 1-2...... And from what I understand, from somebody that was there that CUFC played kick ball the whole time. I know "a win is a win", but I would not say the u13 girls are overrated after losing their first game. They have not even had a tie up to this point.
Posted By: Truth Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/17/07 11:44 AM
I said that they are not overrated. To be over-rated don't they have to be rated or ranked? In the standings they are in second place. In the fall they finished first. Did they go undefeated in the fall? If so they were ranked first and therefore not over-rated or under-rated. Have they beaten each of the teams below them and lost to each of the teams above them in the spring? If so they are not over-rated or under-rated in the spring either.

Why are we calling a group of 12 year old girls who finish first or second in their league arrogant and over-rated anyway? Did I miss something? Is there a reason to insult a team of 12 year old girls?
Posted By: live and learn Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/17/07 01:28 PM
Quote:

Why are we calling a group of 12 year old girls who finish first or second in their league arrogant and over-rated anyway? Did I miss something? Is there a reason to insult a team of 12 year old girls?

Because people sometimes over-invest themselves in their kid's soccer and it makes them feel better about their own kid and their own kid's team or club when they can say something bad about someone else's kid and someone else's kid's team or club.
Posted By: greenacres Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/17/07 02:28 PM
The arrogance is the coach and the club, not the girls on the team. That team would have been much better off playing U13 challenge and most probably finishing 1st or 2nd therefore qualifying for premier next year. As it stands for CESA 93 Premier to be successful, ie. qualify for premier, they will not only have to beat their own 92 Premier team (wich they have done in the past) and Columbia United (which they have split with so far this year) but also Bridge 92 Gold (I don't believe they have played this year). That is a pretty tall order for a group of young girls.
Posted By: Truth Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/17/07 02:57 PM
It could be that the coach is arrogant. Or it could be that the coach wants the best possible competition for his/her team in order to make the team better. It could also be that the coach realizes there are other ways into the region 3 premier league than just being in the state cup finals.

For instance there are 4 NC teams in premier league this year. Surely all of them did not make last year's finals. There are also 3 FL teams I believe. If a team wanted to play in the 93 premier league next spring perhaps they could put together an impressive resume in an older age group and vie for some sort of at-large bid like some of the NC teams and FL teams.

Perhaps you could win Disney and finish as a semifinalist or possibly even a finalist in an older age group in your home state and make a good case for region 3 in your own age group. Meanwhile the team would improve through better competition than it would get in it's own age group.

Nevermind. It's probably easier to call someone arrogant and out-classed than to consider all of the above.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/17/07 03:45 PM
If the CESA 93 team places first or second at state in the U14 age group..are they required to play U14 Premier? Would they have to play up in Premier is what I am asking
Posted By: Truth Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/18/07 04:17 PM
Nobody has to play in the premier league. The two finalists in state cup are given the option of playing. I believe the 93s could decline an invitation to the 92 premier league while lobbying for a spot in the 93 league. I do not know that for a fact though.
Posted By: dhunter Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 03/18/07 09:06 PM
My child plays in the U13 challenge league for a club other than CESA. I don't see that these CESA '93 Premier girls are arrogant, nor do I think they should be playing down in their age group. If they did play in their own age group they wouldn't be as challenged as much as they are now. If it's arrogant for their coach to want them to play against the best teams and the best competition then so be it. But what benefit would it be for them to play in a league that they are going to dominate and not have the competition they are capable of playing against. Those girls have trained hard and earned their spot in the U14 challenge group. Give them the kudos they deserve.
Posted By: Truth Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 05/07/07 01:54 AM
Quote:

11-1-0 in the league.

I wish I was overrated, arrogant and outclassed.
Posted By: letmeputittooyouthisway Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 05/07/07 02:11 AM
Quote:

Did CUSC 92 Black add some players since last season? Their record in the fall was 2-4-0. I doubt if they will be in contention unless they added quality players.

hey green,

who will your team be playing at state cup?
Posted By: Steve Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 05/07/07 02:24 PM
green...would you like your serving of ham with that egg now or ???

Congrats to all teams that made the playoffs and good luck to all those as well.
Posted By: sweet feet Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 05/07/07 08:03 PM
greenacres:
You have lost all credability, CESA 93 girls premier 1-0 over CUFC.

Beezer:
one simple question, how many games did Bridge U-14 girls win in Premier league?

Looks like a fun weekend in Summerville, good luck to all teams.
Posted By: Truth Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 05/13/07 12:15 PM
CUFC U-14 Elite, NOT in the U-14 girls semifinals.

CESA U-13 Premier, in the U-14 girls semifinals.

arrogant? outclassed? overrated?

greenacres?
Posted By: Shibumi Re: Arrogance - 05/14/07 08:30 AM
Several notes on this:
  • It's relatively easy to predict success in RIIIPL-East, it's incredibly more difficult to achieve success. Congratulations to all of the South Carolina teams participating for stepping up and trying.
  • The one thing I think people miss in all of this talk about club or team "arrogance" is that if all CESA cared about was the number of state championships it won, it would have never played this younger team up. It did so not for the greater glory of CESA, but because it was deemed the best thing to do for this team. Period. Or, to put it another way -- state championships be damned, what's the best thing to do for each player and for each team? Fundamentally, there's a long-term perspective at CESA that I see missing at most clubs.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Arrogance - 05/14/07 12:42 PM
It was a wise decision, based on the number of quality teams in the state. Playing up assured the U-13's of getting good, quality games. If the CESA 93's were based out of Greenville, NC, instead of Greenville, SC.....they could have played at age.

Good luck to them.....I hope they win it all.
Posted By: sweet feet Re: Arrogance - 05/14/07 04:07 PM
Hurst66

How would have the 93's have done at age in NC ?
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: Arrogance - 05/14/07 06:02 PM
Much tougher row to hoe......but they would be in the NC Final Four. '93 CSC Blue is considered one of the top 2 sides in NC at age and '93 CESA Premier girls have played them twice, with a win and a draw.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Arrogance - 05/14/07 10:04 PM
sweet,

I started to reply this morning and then had to run. I was going to say that Big Daddy would be the best authority on this issue. he is correct, CESA '93G would be Final 4, possibly #1 or #2.

My frame of reference is very limited. I only saw this team play for 20 minutes in Richmond at Jeff Cup. I'm sure my daughter plays ODP (94's) with many of these girls but I have no idea who is who out there.
Posted By: Giggs Re: Arrogance - 05/14/07 10:37 PM
Where did Greenacres go? Kind of disappeared after this past weekeend. Congrats to CESA 93 premier.
Posted By: greenacres Re: Arrogance - 05/15/07 10:18 AM
I'm still here, congratulations to all teams playing this weekend in this division. I am glad to see two representatives of the low country taking on CESA teams for bragging rights.
Posted By: Hobo Re: U14 Girls Challenge - 05/16/07 03:26 AM
Quote: Like I said before I am looking forward to Bridge and CUFC playing in the finals of state cup. CESA is overrated in this age group, and arrogant to think that a u13 team could compete for state cup. Columbia United proved this weekend that CESA 93 Premier is out classed in this division.

Where is Columbia United playing at this weekend??????
Posted By: Hobo Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 03:32 AM
Sweet, how many new players will there be on the CESA 92 team next season. Also how many new players will be on the Bridge team???? How differant will both these teams be next season??
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 11:21 AM
Hobo,
Tryouts for these teams will not take place until next week so it's going to be a couple of weeks before next season's teams are formed
Posted By: sweet feet Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 03:53 PM
Hobo

From what I hear, After CESA collects a State Cup this weekend and commands both spots in premier league, players will make a mad rush to the upstate making it hard for bridge to field a team next season.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 04:01 PM
sweetfeet...I heard the mad dash will actuall cause th upstate to sink a little and the Charleston area raise about 10ft. I think the concern may be with the actual physical bridge not the club.
Posted By: Chantman Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 06:14 PM
Quote:

Hobo

From what I hear, After CESA collects a State Cup this weekend and commands both spots in premier league, players will make a mad rush to the upstate making it hard for bridge to field a team next season.

Looks like stinky feet is trying to get some smack talk started.
Posted By: DDrogba9 Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 07:19 PM
Quote:

Hobo,
Tryouts for these teams will not take place until next week so it's going to be a couple of weeks before next season's teams are formed

Actually the tryouts are this week cause i play and have looked at the schedule
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 07:43 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Hobo,

Actually the tryouts are this week cause i play and have looked at the schedule

Dude, they're talking about U14 challenge here. Get a life!
Posted By: sweet feet Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 07:46 PM
BFADAD

Give us your weekend overview and how it will shape up.
Posted By: sweet feet Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 08:26 PM
Neverplayed:
Dude, some of these girls will be playing D-1 soccer in 4 years and tryouts are an important process to some.
Posted By: NeverPlayed Re: tryouts - 05/16/07 10:15 PM
I wasn't diminishing the importance of the tryouts, I was merely pointing out to DDrogba9 that the tryouts referred to were for U14, not the older players. Those still playing club don't tryout until after their state cup.

Posted By: Coach Young Re: tryouts - 05/17/07 12:11 AM
Posted By: Chantman Re: tryouts - 05/17/07 12:15 PM
Quote:

BFADAD

I have no clue, since I have not seen many of these teams play except Bridge, FA. I'm hoping to see BFA make it through.
Posted By: Hobo Re: tryouts - 05/18/07 02:45 AM
Quote:

BFADAD

Two CESA teams will be playing Premier league next season and one will be playing up.
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: tryouts - 05/19/07 09:39 PM
U14G
CESA 92 Girls Premier 1:0 CUSC 92 Girls Black
Bridge FA 92 Girls Gold 0:1 CESA 93 Girls Premier
Posted By: soccer guru Re: tryouts - 05/20/07 12:40 AM
Anyone see the girl's games, surprisingly closer scores than predicted!?
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: tryouts - 05/20/07 02:14 AM
CUSC sure made a game out of it..Went to overtime with CESA..Andrew will get the most out of his players
© SC Soccer