SC Soccer
Posted By: soccrrox101 CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/21/08 11:36 AM
Anyone know how the game went between these two clubs?
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/21/08 12:58 PM
2-0 CESA over Bridge

Second goal bad mistake from keeper.

Very windy conditions
Posted By: soccrrox101 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/21/08 01:14 PM
Thanks, I know these teams go back and forth every game. Which team dominated the game?
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/21/08 02:52 PM
I think the windy conditions did not allow the teams to show their best. CESA did score against the wind
Posted By: soccrrox101 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/21/08 03:24 PM
Anyone know how the goals were scored?
Posted By: biggest fan Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/22/08 12:47 PM
Actually the first goal was scored with the wind off of a free kick. I believe if it wouldn't have been so windy it would have been a miss probably. The second goal, the goalie went down to her knees too soon and it bounced over her head. Overall it was a good game. When these two teams meet again it will be a great game.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/22/08 02:12 PM
BF... I meant the second goal was scored against the wind...sorry
Posted By: biggest fan Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/22/08 02:44 PM
I got that, Thanks!
Posted By: soccrrox101 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/22/08 07:44 PM
Did the Bridge get any shots? I have not heard any thing about them....
Posted By: pitchparent Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/23/08 01:49 AM
The wind is no reason for failing to clear a corner kick. The attacking team has the same hindrance as the defensive team.

On the second goal, maybe you can make a claim for a premature bounce due to wind, but take into account the PK that a CESA player missed and it still adds up to a 2-0 game.

BFC spent their morning in the defensive half, it really wasn't as close as the score leads you to believe.

What I found interesting was that the CESA 95G Premier nearly pulled off a draw. That games was actually closer in level of play. One could make a case that Bridge was down on themselves based on their play earlier in the day, but the results dont get posted with an explanation column.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/23/08 02:20 AM
Also not posted is the fact that Bridge played a fresh CESA 95 P team after a hard fought match with 94 P. Don't get me wrong CESA 95 is a quality team.
Someone please step up and let the rest of the world know what is happening with the Bridge U13G coach and team. The coach was absent for a league game in Lexington on Saturday and Brisson was coaching a girls team?????
Posted By: galaxy9 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/28/08 05:29 PM
I would have to say you must know something is up or you are very paranoid. Maybe the coach was sick, maybe he had a wedding to go to, maybe a crisis came up...you are seriously posting a concern about a coach who missed a game...get real..you must know something and you are just causing trouble...
I do not know anything that is why I am asking. I just know Brisson does not usually coach girl teams unless it is an emergency. I do know that this team has been low in numbers all season and one reason is because of coaching issues. This coach was also missing for the CUFC tournament.

I would just like to know the facts for the lowcountry on this team before try-outs. I would hate for this team to be in the the same situation as the Bridge U15G team was with numbers.
Posted By: galaxy9 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/28/08 06:15 PM
Aaaah, sounds like he has been MIA...that is a shame, if it is indeed true that the u13 bridge team is in turmoil...quality side, and quality coach...
Posted By: Bonz Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/28/08 06:41 PM
Quote:

This coach was also missing for the CUFC tournament.
I would hate for this team to be in the the same situation as the Bridge U15G team was with numbers.

He was at the CUFC Tournament!

And What? Win a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP?
Posted By: Bonz Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/28/08 06:46 PM
Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Not a good day to go fishing!
I think I have a bite.

I would hope you would be looking for more than just a State Cup! Sorry, I guess he was at the shortened CUFC Tournament but it was the Bridge Tournament he was MIA.

Low Country is having problems in all girl’s age groups with numbers and being competitive. I guess my biggest question for the Bridge FA club is what can they offer on the girls side that is above the other clubs in the area?

Bridge U14G has struggled in the Premier League this season and will have a difficult time retaining their spot for next Season at U15. No other girl’s age group for the Bridge will be in Premier League except the Bridge U16G unless the U14G team can pull it out. Without fielding a U12G team this season I wonder if the girls will leave SSC and MPSC to form a team or are they happy with what these clubs have to offer.

Again, what can Bridge FA offer to players that they don’t already have?
Quote:

Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Not a good day to go fishing!

Looking for another bite.

Since you seem to be in the know for this team can you answer who is holding the Bridge FA U13G practices over the next 2 weeks leading up to the first round of state cup?
Posted By: Bonz Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/28/08 07:48 PM
Coach Z is holding practice... your daughter is invited to practice with us ...and since your daughter used to be on the team you know where practice is held at.
Posted By: galaxy9 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/28/08 07:54 PM
Well, looks like problem solved...Ill assume that also answers the question as to what Bridge has to offer in that age group. I would be very surprised if the Bridge U13 girls under their current coach with the players they have do not earn a premiere league spot. So, pretty impressive for U13, U14 and U15 Bridge girls. What more would you need for see that this is quality. "lowcountryvoice"...are you serious when you say, "I would hope you would be looking for more than just a state cup." Ummmm, to win a state cup you have to have some good coaching, good players and probably a little luck. I would say a state cup validates the quality of a team and age group to some degree...
Posted By: asoccerparent Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/28/08 08:32 PM
Bridge U13 girls and CESA played a very competitive game. The games could have gone either way. Very good teams can fall apart for various reasons but most commonly it is the parents. I heard the bidge coach has been ill. Why not combine the teams to form a SC Power house??? Just a thought. SC could compete regionally under those conditions.
Quote:

Coach Z is holding practice...

Funny your team calendar has Clark as holding practice on Tuesday???? Maybe he is sick and maybe he isn't. The truth will come out over the next couple of weeks.

I just think that the low country girls program as a whole is in turmoil and it is not only the parents but club leadership and coaches in the area. This is not a new problem with numbers but maybe it is parents not wanting to travel to the clubs that offer services that thier child needs.

Good example of our girls programs in trouble is the MPSC U14G team. They tried to combined MPSC and Charleston United players together and just look at the results.
Posted By: Bonz Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/28/08 09:58 PM
Clark holds a club wide practice on tuesday. Quit stirring the pot js.
Just trying to get to the bottom of this. Why all the secrets with your coach and number of girls for U13?

Let me give you a clue my last initial is "P".

I have been around the low country for a very long time and have seen the girl's programs come and go from different clubs. I just don't think the Bridge is supporting the girls program. It seems the same old just about the same as what he did at SSC. Good luck with your team and I will quit making comments about the U13G bridge team.

My points have been directed to get dialogue on the low country girls not just pick on U13G Bridge. But they are an easy target with so much information on their web site.
Posted By: SoccerDOC Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/28/08 11:52 PM

Good example of our girls programs in trouble is the MPSC U14G team. They tried to combined MPSC and Charleston United players together and just look at the results.

Please note that the MPSC U14 G is made up of some players who did not make the Bridge team and has a lot of players who moved up from Classic the previous season. Some of the CUSC players decided to play for the Bridge or their high school programs. I think if you look at scores and relate them to the fall season you will see that gap between them and other teams is closing and the players and team have developed. I am sorry that you look at two organizations working together to provide an opportunity for girls to develop as "trouble for the girls program," what a shame!
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 12:36 AM
Quote:

Just trying to get to the bottom of this. Why all the secrets with your coach and number of girls for U13?

Let me give you a clue my last initial is "P".

I have been around the low country for a very long time and have seen the girl's programs come and go from different clubs. I just don't think the Bridge is supporting the girls program. It seems the same old just about the same as what he did at SSC. Good luck with your team and I will quit making comments about the U13G bridge team.

My points have been directed to get dialogue on the low country girls not just pick on U13G Bridge. But they are an easy target with so much information on their web site.

And suddenly I have the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil" running through my head...

"I've been around for a long, long year...
Pleased to meet you; hope you guess my name!
(But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game...)"

SoccerDOC,

I want to apologize for using the MPSC U14G team as an example to prove my point. I used their record as an indication for success without looking at the whole picture. I should have used them to illustrate how thinking out of the box can work for the community as a whole. With clubs struggling to put together competitive girl teams instead of creating new clubs we need to work together as MPSC and Charleston United have done with this U14G team. Why couldn’t SSC, James Island, MPSC and CUSC work together and make this happen before the creation of the Bridge and now the Daniel Island Academy?

As my daughters have gotten older they have lost the passion and drive to play soccer. There have been many reasons for this but I think the biggest reason was that their fiends from school did not play soccer and pulled them into other things. Both have found other interest that I support but wish they still had the passion for soccer. I would hope the soccer clubs in the low country could come together and nurture our young girl athletes at all levels in the near future before we continue to lose them to other interest.

Best of luck to all the girl teams in the Low Country and throughout South Carolina.
Lowcountryvoice -

How true. Our little girls turn into big girls, and that thrill of touching the ball when you are 4 turns into the first goal and then and then and then.

With two teenagers, and the influences they have upon them, when you add club soccer, parents with selfish motives, friends who don't play who don't want you to play, peers, coaches, refs, leagues, rules....

I am going back and coach a 5 year old team at the Y. With my teenage daughter.
Posted By: CoachKevin Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 12:49 PM
hehehehe

I don't believe that "all is lost" where girls soccer in the lowcountry is concerned I know that there are still a dedicated few that will continue to work hard to build female soccer in the lowcountry and our state for that matter.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 12:53 PM
How is girls lacrosse doing in the Low Country? Evolving? Thriving?

Taking any quality players out of the girls soccer pool?
Posted By: WandoFan Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 01:06 PM
H66..lacrosse seems to be evolving here in Mt. P. The few players that I know that play lacrosse, would choose soccer first. With so many good soccer players in Mt P and only one high school, you can be a quality soccer player and not make the team. Some of those girls have turned to lacrosse and their friends are supporting them by going to the lacrosse games.
I am not aware of any quality soccer players that chose lacrosse over soccer.
CoachKevin,

But we are in trouble when the Low Country can only field 2 true U13G and 2 U14G teams at the Classic/Challenge level for the Spring Season. This is less than 60 girls age 12 to 15. We have 6 clubs and at the younger ages there seems to be plenty of girls playing soccer. Where do they go once they turn 12 and up? This is the question that all the clubs need to address and work together on. For these age groups I don't believe they are playing JV yet but I may be wrong.
Posted By: CoachKevin Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 01:10 PM
I believe that numbers and quality in numbers will continue to be a problem to all until we start to seriously focus on player development at a young age for the girls and I know that some clubs have started to make this happen while others are yet to do so ....if not then we will continue to "snatch" a player from here to there to make it work. But if we put in the work early we will see the rewards on a much larger scale a little later.
Posted By: CoachKevin Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 01:38 PM
Quote:

CoachKevin,

But we are in trouble when the Low Country can only field 2 true U13G and 2 U14G teams at the Classic/Challenge level for the Spring Season. This is less than 60 girls age 12 to 15. We have 6 clubs and at the younger ages there seems to be plenty of girls playing soccer. Where do they go once they turn 12 and up? This is the question that all the clubs need to address and work together on. For these age groups I don't believe they are playing JV yet but I may be wrong.

To add to my last post It will have to be an investment in the girls if we only come out 2 times a week for 3 months then we will get exactly what we put in not much...if we (the clubs)create a system to get the girls prepared from a technical ability stand point lets say at age 7 and they are constantly improving and building as a team and as a group it will be much harder for them to turn away from it as it has now become much more than just a game it will help to develope their passion for the game and it makes it less likely they will walk away from the game.

One of my U12 players told me that "whenever we don't play on the weekends it is like her whole weekend is ruined she lives for the game" hehehehehe yes i laughed but she could not have been more serious but on the flip side not all kids that start out playing will follow the game i have had players tell me that this (soccer) is not what she wants to do and that is ok too they are kids and need to try other things so they can find their thing and if that thing is soccer then they will stick with it.

I can only speak for SSC U13 this spring I know most of the girls did opt to play JV vs Club.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 02:21 PM
When lacrosse gets sanctioned for a state championship game by the SCHSL, Wando could very likely do the double.

If that happens......time for a new high school in Mt. Pleasant. (You have to be busting at the seems with all those female athletes in that school?)
Posted By: WandoFan Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 02:33 PM
Discussions/plans are in the works for a second (maybe a third) high school in Mt. P. My kids will graduate before that happens, so I'm not sure of all the details.

The Old Wando HS is currently being used for middle/elementary schools while they are being renovated.
When that is complete, I believe the discussion is to build a new high school at the Old Wando site. Plans are for that to be a AAA size school???
Posted By: WandoFan Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 02:51 PM
Quote:

When lacrosse gets sanctioned for a state championship game by the SCHSL, Wando could very likely do the double.

Our boys & girls swim team both won State this school year and boys cross country won State (don't want to leave anyone out)....so Wando girls are on track for the double this year.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 03:35 PM
...but that football team is terrible!
Posted By: SoccerDOC Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 03:49 PM
Quote:

SoccerDOC,

I want to apologize for using the MPSC U14G team as an example to prove my point. I used their record as an indication for success without looking at the whole picture. I should have used them to illustrate how thinking out of the box can work for the community as a whole. With clubs struggling to put together competitive girl teams instead of creating new clubs we need to work together as MPSC and Charleston United have done with this U14G team. Why couldn’t SSC, James Island, MPSC and CUSC work together and make this happen before the creation of the Bridge and now the Daniel Island Academy?

As my daughters have gotten older they have lost the passion and drive to play soccer. There have been many reasons for this but I think the biggest reason was that their fiends from school did not play soccer and pulled them into other things. Both have found other interest that I support but wish they still had the passion for soccer. I would hope the soccer clubs in the low country could come together and nurture our young girl athletes at all levels in the near future before we continue to lose them to other interest.

Best of luck to all the girl teams in the Low Country and throughout South Carolina.

Thank you.

FYI - I am happy to work with any and all clubs. However, there are some people not trusted and that would be the only draw back.....it would require every person to take a step back(I am more than happy to do this), set up the organization, and allow everyone to apply for the job/s....then hire the best people for the job/s.
Although, the more energy clubs could spend on developing the bottom end of the pyramid we would not be worried about what's not happening at the top.
Posted By: WandoFan Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 03:56 PM
Quote:

Right...but those soccer girls on the powderpuff team, dominate!!!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 04/29/08 03:59 PM
I believe it!
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 12:37 PM
Being new to this site, reading alot of posts and being a Charleston outsider brings a unique perspective that. All DOCs have some distrust to them because any agreement or merger has to involve taking care of their personal financial interest/job security first and foremost and already the kids are suffering.

When a DOC complains and stresses developing the bottom first is because they can't develop quality at the top so its then easier to degrade the better clubs for not caring. Come on, SoccerDOC!

There are quality coaches to hire down in your area for a unified Lowcontry club but be careful because there seems to be a consensus the ones from clubs such as Charleston United, Mt. Pleasant, Summerville, etc are not the answer since they've proven to not being able to facilitate a complete program from U8-U18.

Up here CUFC has done a decent job and of course CESA seems to be rolling.
Quote:

Quote:

The quarterback on the powderpuff team is always the best female athlete in the school.
Posted By: WandoFan Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 12:52 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The quarterback on the powderpuff team is always the best female athlete in the school.

Not at our school! The softball players have the good arm for that. I'm partial, but I think the best female athlete's are on the soccer team.
Posted By: Soccer Watcher Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 12:57 PM
Quote:

Although, the more energy clubs could spend on developing the bottom end of the pyramid we would not be worried about what's not happening at the top.

Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner.

Finally, in all the bandwidth devoted to talking about the elite players, teams and clubs, someone finally discovers the holy grail of what's wrong with soccer in SC. It's like the Henny Penny children's story....everyone wants to eat the cake but no one wants to do the hard work to plow the field, seed it, water it, weed the field, nurture the young plants, etc......
some folks do that, but the glory and recoginition goes to the elite teams. I would rather see a sound coach and a small group of classic players working on their game, than a pyramid where you just pick the best and not have to coach. I had the pleasure last night of having a conversation with like minded folks on this topic. Fun to have a conversation where egos are not involved.
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 01:52 PM
You still need a unified organization for youth development. Because the top players even at 6-8, need to train with the other top 6-8 players. And even if the five Charleston clubs had properly developed players at those ages, there still comes the point where the next level of development is needed: all those best of the five clubs then come together. And there's the prolbem: no one can decide what club gets that group? who coaches it?

Example, there are a bunch of good young U10-12 female players that are splintered on various teams. For their best interest, they need to come together immediately and not waste time on their development.

Why not go to the CofC staff, a neutral party with great Region ODP coaches, and ask them to train the top players? My daughter got recruited by them and they haven't been bound with a specific club for a few years.

We use the USC staff as much as possible to facilitate training and clinics at CUFC. Just an idea.
other top players at 6-8 that is so funny...

Why do most world cup players have a birthday in Jan, Feb, or March, 1/2 of them, with a tiny percent in Oct, Nov, Dec. Because the science of picking kids who are elite is such a crap shoot, the biggest get the most training and low and behold they become the best players. Duh

"Not waste time on their development"? are you kidding me...
That is what we need to do... we have to train the masses or SC will always get its rear torn off by North Carolina etc.

My youngest has been on a U14 classic team for three seasons now, she is a U12 (now), there are ways to get the kids challenged, and prepaired. I will take her with your elite, today... She loves to play and has done so with 6 different teams, due to her ability to cross age groups

really the whole thing is almost a Joke. Go to ODP, you see a bunch of rich folks watching their kids. This one guy comes in a Mercedes mini bus deal. Are you kidding me?
Everybody is worried about the elite, worry about the masses and the elite will take care of it/themselves.

Soccer watcher and SoccerDoc are 100% correct, plow the ground, do the work, results will come, years from now... America is so impatient, 12 year old Scotch will not happen by 5/2/08 if I start today.

Top players at 6-8 that is so dang funny... Michael Jordan did not make his 9th grade team... give me a freaking break
so we should have given up on MJ
let's not forget David Robinson, or Tim Duncan either...
David grew 6 inches into the best center in the US at the Naval Academy, and Tim was a swimmer as a kid... so let's assume we can pick the elite when they are 6-8, go ahead
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 03:27 PM
But fellas when have to win today...I have seen boys that were turned down from the best team only to be picked up a year later..Why? Because they grew a foot and a half..They played the same game they were playing when they got turned down..
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 03:42 PM

really the whole thing is almost a Joke. Go to ODP, you see a bunch of rich folks watching their kids. This one guy comes in a Mercedes mini bus deal

my daughter plays ODP and i drive a saturn.not all of us are rich.what are you driving?
Quote:

But fellas when have to win today...I have seen boys that were turned down from the best team only to be picked up a year later..Why? Because they grew a foot and a half..They played the same game they were playing when they got turned down..

?

All I was saying is we should train kids and never give up on them...
Overall I would say Europe is more savy when it comes to soccer, and the stats prove they just pick the most mature kid at a given age, and that training gets kids to the next level... but you lose the MJs, David Robinsons, and Tim Duncans

When it comes down to it, the best players learn on the street, and not in a system... Systems make kids mechanical, good, maybe very good, but mechanical... win now baby

We are starting to run a Dutch series where we just let the kids play... We train them during the week for skills and let them play on the weekends. We should have some very happy kids and some innovative players come from this. We will keep the coaches egos, and parents lust to live thru the kids away from the game. Give us Back our Game
for the record I drove a Taurus for 200,000 miles, its dead, the family van a nice one, has 130,000 miles and my convertiable has 80,000, and all my parts still work... no mid life crisis, just love a rag top
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 03:52 PM
Quote:

Quote:

?

All I was saying is we should train kids and never give up on them...
Overall I would say Europe is more savy when it comes to soccer, and the stats prove they just pick the most mature kid at a given age, and that training gets kids to the next level... but you lose the MJs, David Robinsons, and Tim Duncans

When it comes down to it, the best players learn on the street, and not in a system... Systems make kids mechanical, good, maybe very good, but mechanical... win now baby

We are starting to run a Dutch series where we just let the kids play... We train them during the week for skills and let them play on the weekends. We should have some very happy kids and some innovative players come from this. We will keep the coaches egos, and parents lust to live thru the kids away from the game. Give us Back our Game

lets get back to the ODP and fancy cars or whatever.how do you get that odp is all rich people? you should see my little cars
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 03:53 PM
you said odp was rich people.how??
if you can not pay you do not play... a true state team would not be that way... it is the best who can pay...
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 05:13 PM
Quote:

if you can not pay you do not play... a true state team would not be that way... it is the best who can pay...

i would agree that the system needs some adjusting but you pay for your kid to play club soccer dont you.if you do not pay you do not play there either. im not rich and i pay the money for my kid to play.she is not on the odp team just because i can pay.there are many girls on the odp team that you would be hard pressed to find a kid who did not make the team and was better than they are.i take offense to your statement about "the best that can pay".lets say mine and yours did not pay and lets see who gets to play.
you missed all the good stuff if you are hung up on the money thing. It is just part of the elite soccer scene.

How in the world do we as adults ignore the overwhelming data that shows we are the ones who are running kids away, and putting our desires and dreams on the kids? Remember the person who wrote we have to get the good 8 year olds together. There were some good points in what I wrote, the blessed Europeans have missed it for years... Go to Give Us Back Our Game and watch the video.

That is what I see when I watch our fields today. (Ours means all of the fields I see, yours, mine, everywhere) We have to quit pushing our kids too early... it is just wrong... "My kid has to play challenge""they need to train with the best" OMG - nobody can tell the best DA. Watching a match I saw 10 knee braces on two challenge teams at an MPSC tourney, keep on push, push, push, see what you get, blow back...
Posted By: CoachKevin Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 05:25 PM
develop develop develop
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 05:26 PM
Quote:

you missed all the good stuff if you are hung up on the money thing. It is just part of the elite soccer scene.

How in the world do we as adults ignore the overwhelming data that shows we are the ones who are running kids away, and putting our desires and dreams on the kids? Remember the person who wrote we have to get the good 8 year olds together. There were some good points in what I wrote, the blessed Europeans have missed it for years... Go to Give Us Back Our Game and watch the video.

That is what I see when I watch our fields today. (Ours means all of the fields I see, yours, mine, everywhere) We have to quit pushing our kids too early... it is just wrong... "My kid has to play challenge""they need to train with the best" OMG - nobody can tell the best DA. Watching a match I saw 10 knee braces on two challenge teams at an MPSC tourney, keep on push, push, push, see what you get, blow back...

you are the one that said if you dont pay you dont play.im not hung up on the money thing. you keep saying we to everything.dont put me in your boat.im not running anyone off,im not pushing anyone and mine is not wearing a knee brace.if you do not like what you are seeing on the field then go and watch golf.ITS ON TV NOW.i still have a problem with your ideas that only the kids who's parents fork out the cash get to play on the good teams.you are the one hung up on the money thing.if what you say is true then maybe you need to go get a second mortgage
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 05:34 PM
I think the point is that if ODP was free or cheaper that more boys and girls would tryout..The ones that tryout are the ones that can afford it so the numbers are lower..the chances of making the team are greater because of the numbers..
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 05:40 PM
PAPA ...sometimes your statements are made without a sound basis... Although I agree that many adults push the kids in the wrong direction, I do not agree with your European comments. The players in Europe come out of the academies of the professional clubs, this is akin to minor league Baseball.

Traditional American sports require certain characteristics, (Football and Basketball size for example) which you can wait for as the player grows up.

Baseball on the other hand (I am not a fan)requires more skill earlier, which means earlier introduction. But you can still wait for the athlete.

It is my experience that pure Athletes cannot catch up in soccer as quickly as some believe (except goalkeepers = Hands ...i.e football, basketball, baseball). Early introduction to ball handling is key. so developing the player early on is necessary....

Now Mom and Dad going crazy on the sidelines is a different issue.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 05:41 PM
Quote:

I think the point is that if ODP was free or cheaper that more boys and girls would tryout..The ones that tryout are the ones that can afford it so the numbers are lower..the chances of making the team are greater because of the numbers..

i will agree with that. that is not what his statement implied and you know it. i would take my daughter and some of the other girls on the odp team and put them up against anyone.they are the best players in the state at their age no matter how much money their parents paid.

The good part was that somebody who thinks they are omnipotent and can seperate the good 8 year olds for the 8 year olds who are not "good". How people are pidegon holeing kids before it is possible to do so, and that their desire to have their kid play at the highest level is causing sport specific injuries. The kids simply want to "play".

I will leave the money issue for a different time, but the point is we worry too much about winning, winning now, and our kids getting trained with the best at inception.
go watch the video at Give us back our Game, that is what is happening in Europe. Just reporting the news on this one.

The thing on birth dates and world cup teams is real. Google expertise and soccer age. A nice study is done on the topic. Just reporting the facts on that one.
agreed
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 06:10 PM
papa hatfield

i went off the deep end a long time ago.i promise you it had nothing to do with the fun i am having here today.you are also right that i need a second job but i can not afford the gas to get to it.another mortgage would be an option for me but i need to pay off the other 2 first.i did not bring up what you can afford for your family but i am glad you have that covered.since you have made it clear about my shortcomings in the finance dept that should show you that not all the good players buy their way to where they need to be.did yours get left off something as to where you would have these opinions of us rich people.
one last thing.im not the smartest person in the world so next time you are going to use words like omnipotent give the definition with it.

no need to edit stuff out you say about me papa.i promise you i mean what i write.
that is exactly what I meant. We should try to grow ODP, by changing the price sturcture. I am on record before the ODP try outs as saying so. My writing may have confused you, my bad.

Go watch the Give Us back Our Game video, and google expertise and soccer age, interesting stuff.
pleae note I edited that one note back to you, taking it down a notch, but did not get it done before your replied again. Really we are all saying alot of the same things. Forgive me, I was a little upset when you questioned my finances, but who gives a rip. Sorry

Google, Give us Back our Game, and expertise with soccer age
yes you did question what I can or can not afford, the second loan comment. I was trying the altruistic approach, and you thought I was complaining for my own benefit.

You even had the guts, or whatever to question my kids abilties, they have been very successful, thank you for asking.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 06:26 PM
Quote:

pleae note I edited that one note back to you, taking it down a notch, but did not get it done before your replied again. Really we are all saying alot of the same things. Forgive me, I was a little upset when you questioned my finances, but who gives a rip. Sorry

Google, Give us Back our Game, and expertise with soccer age

wasnt meant to question your finances per say.it was to jab at you or your statement about the paying to play.my daughter is starting her 4th year of odp.others are right that more would come out if it was cheaper but i think mine may have made the team even if more players tried out.if you compare sc odp to other states it is pretty cheap.you can go thru the process and make the sc team and stay under 250 bucks.it cost you when you go to the great state of alabama.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 06:35 PM
Quote:

yes you did question what I can or can not afford, the second loan comment. I was trying the altruistic approach, and you thought I was complaining for my own benefit.

You even had the guts, or whatever to question my kids abilties, they have been very successful, thank you for asking.

ok i went back and read what i said.the second mortgage comment was because of your comments about the pay to play.it was made in the sense for you to join the crowed if that is really how you feel.wasnt meant about your personal finances.as far as questioning your kids abilities i can not find that.i did ask if your kid got left off of something and that is why you have these opinions.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 06:37 PM
altruistic-now you were suppose to give definitions.

I do not doubt mine would make the team if the field was larger either. But that is two dad's talking. wink wink
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 06:46 PM
if you get peed this easy i would hate to see what the mccoys do to you.

check your pm's
Hey, I picked that name based on some folks actions... Let's call them the McCoys for arguement sakes...
I will just fight to the end, to the last man standing any way, Not that really peed off. We really did got this off topic.

What burns me really is the whole, push, push, challenge premier, my kid is better than your attitude alot of folks get into. They are kids, let them play. The success we all truly want for the kids has to involve them having fun... or they quit. They do not learn the life lessons of sport, if they get in the death spiral of parental desires, etc.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 08:03 PM
The parents end up learning the lesson..at the expense of their kids
Posted By: OneSoccerFan Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 09:15 PM
Papa, your credibility is shot. I know for a fact that you were kicked out of the Spartanburg High/Boiling Springs Girls game for abusive behavior in the stands.
Ha ha ha, you must be smoking crack... Do not look but your agenda is showing again, jerk. $1000 to anyone who can prove this aaa hole is telling the truth. That includes you AAA hole.
Posted By: Obadiah 15 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 11:05 PM
OSF, Sure hope your "facts" are more credible than some of your other posts when you first started your troll activites less you find out why the Hatfields are so famous. I made a couple calls and your claim could NOT be substantiated.
Posted By: Soccer Watcher Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 11:22 PM
I'd just like to say, I love threads that spin out of control......

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled Hatfield/The Doors feud....
Posted By: Obadiah 15 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/01/08 11:38 PM
Quote:

Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/02/08 12:45 AM
Quote:

nope,im not in this one.im going fishing in the hills about 5 am.chasing that wild rainbow trout.just got back from soccer practice and i am getting things together.over and out.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/02/08 02:58 AM
Lizard King,

Leave McCoy out of this!
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/02/08 03:01 AM
Quote:

Lizard King,

Leave McCoy out of this!

nope,
its that time of year.i guess if you have seen the list of coaches then you know we are happy.cant find a better one.
sooner or later i will find someone that is smart.
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/02/08 03:35 AM
Yes, at 6-8, kids can all be developed while still not being equal. This fair and equal thing is an Americanized problem that makes kids and, more so, parents soft. Yes, soft in that everything is equal and comfortable.

Develop the kids but do so at different rates by different skill groups. The big European and South American sepreate young kids immediately and put them into higher training environments....yes, even at 6-8. If the ones left behind keep developing and catch up then great.

America is not impatient but too soft to do what's right with kids at the a young age. Here, it's easier to make a deicsion to keep parents of lower Classic and Rec kids happy and a bogus English DOC in a job instead of cater club decisions to help the elite players first, the only ones who still be playing the game at a decent level 5-7 years from now.
My point is simple: those who try to do what you are saying, wind up simply picking kids born in January, February and March all things being equal... because at the age of 6 the biggest difference is the 9-10 months between the first of the year and the last of the year.

Google The relative age effect in youth soccer across Europe Werner Helsen it explains what I am saying...

So if SC is going to be the best She can be, we need to train all of the kids, not just the ones somebody picks to be the best... because nobody can pick them.

Less we forget the MJ's, David Robinson, and Tim Duncans...

By the way I don't worry about fair and equal, life is not fair, I just truly believe that if the great talent pickers of Europe can not get it right at the ages of 6-8 neither can you or anybody else...

Feel free to put your child in a meat grinder... I worry about my kids for their life time, 99% of these wonderkids and most likely yours included will be doing something else when they grow up.

I do not mean anything personal or ugly by this post, it is just the way I feel, and write. email is garbage for communication anyway
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/02/08 02:10 PM
Skill wise you can separate kids..but at 6 to 8 there is not going to be alot of separating..so we end up separating by size..strength and speed..
When my son started at U10 some eight years ago there was one boy the three teams in the age group fought over to be on their team..He was what I would call a man child..Bigger and faster then everyone else..Two years later his skill was no better and he quit..My son and this child were good friends so I would talk often to the young man and asked him why he quit..He felt like he was not good at it anymore and was not the star on the team..What happened? The players finally caught up to his size and strength..
Let's also not forget the kid that has very little skill and can not for the life of him juggle a ball but plays the sport with great emotion and has the will to win..
We would of separated him at six years old?
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/02/08 02:30 PM
Great teams are not made up of all skillful players..These teams usually self destruct because of the competition within the team and PARENTS!!
Great teams are made up of a variety of players..The four or five that are most skillful..
The three or four who have the will to win..
The three or four who have the muscle..People like to call them thugs..And everyone else on the team have the right attitude...
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/02/08 02:59 PM
True words, in my experience.
example, of the Chicago bulls, MJ and Scotty P, skillful, D. Rodman, the thug, others various will to win and a servicable center. Best "team" ever...
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/02/08 03:49 PM
....and this is how the "skill-less thug", who is very athletic, gets a D1 or D2 scholarship. She plays an important role on a very successful team and she gets seen by college coaches at major showcase tournaments.

Moral of the story:
1. There's a place on the field for everyone, as long as they are committed.
2. By the age of U-16, yes it is very important that your daughter is playing on a championship team.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/02/08 04:38 PM
that's my baby!!
Posted By: sweet feet Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/03/08 02:44 AM
quote]....and this is how the "skill-less thug", who is very athletic, gets a D1 or D2 scholarship. She plays an important role on a very successful team and she gets seen by college coaches at major showcase tournaments

Hurst: Any local player come to mind?
Posted By: Soccer4fun Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/07/08 07:34 PM
Regarding the U14 Girls division, I see that CESA 93 Premier and the CESA 93 Challenge 1 tied each other 1:1 when they played in April. Was the game close or was this a strategic move?
Posted By: dhunter Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/07/08 08:14 PM
It looks like they played two games on the same day and both ended in 1-1 draw. That's mighty impressive for any team to get these results against the Premier team. WOW!!!! And the single goal was scored by the same Premier player in both games, and there was an assist by same Premier player in both games! One in a million stats!! Congrats to both teams. Outstanding.
Posted By: galaxy9 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/08/08 12:03 AM
Amazing
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/09/08 05:23 PM
Quote:

....and this is how the "skill-less thug", who is very athletic, gets a D1 or D2 scholarship. She plays an important role on a very successful team and she gets seen by college coaches at major showcase tournaments.

Moral of the story:
1. There's a place on the field for everyone, as long as they are committed.
2. By the age of U-16, yes it is very important that your daughter is playing on a championship team.

Hurst66,

what is your definition of a championship team?
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/09/08 05:26 PM
In South Carolina....probably any team that qualifies for R3PL and can get invites (or acceptances) to showcase tournaments.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/09/08 05:28 PM
Quote:

In South Carolina....probably any team that qualifies for R3PL and can get invites (or acceptances) to showcase tournaments.

what would the definition be for those kids going to u-17 in north carolina.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/09/08 05:37 PM
.....aside from the fact that they are practicing and playing 15 minutes from their home?
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/09/08 05:39 PM
Quote:

.....aside from the fact that they are practicing and playing 15 minutes from their home?

that wasnt the question!!!!
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/09/08 05:56 PM
I can't answer for these girls, they are scattered about on at least three different teams. We'll see what happens after tryouts.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: CESA 94 Girls vs. Bridge 94 Girls - 05/09/08 06:06 PM
Quote:

I can't answer for these girls, they are scattered about on at least three different teams. We'll see what happens after tryouts.

you know i was trying to goat you into something.only problem is i do not remember what the heck it was.
still think a region spot would be better for them but to each his own.got to be where they are the happiest.
© SC Soccer