Haley Hutchens, Irmo - Charleston
Sarah Morabito, Dutch Fork - Gardner-Webb
Emily Kellam, Dutch Fork - UNC-Wilmington
Sarah Schaidle, Mauldin - Charleston
Morgan Thomas, Southside Christian - Coastal Carolina
Samantha Vickers, Dutch Fork - Lander
Ceci Wyrick, Lexington - UNC Asheville

Congratulations to these players!

Feel free to add to this thread as commitments become public knowledge. Thanks!
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 08/20/08 04:11 PM
Sarah Schaidle and Casey Craft are joining Hayley Hutchens at College of Charleston. Good in-state follow-up to Hannah Gmerek this year.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 08/20/08 05:08 PM
Interesting to see that C of C, which plays in a competitive conference and recruits nationally, is suddenly adding local talent. Three freshmen from South Carolina are on the current roster and it looks like at least three more local ladies will be added in 2009. There are only two other upperclass Palmetto State residents on the current 2008 roster so could this be considered a new trend? Hats off to the C of C coaching staff for recruiting these girls.

By the way, here's a gal that we don't get a chance to talk about much anymore....possibly because she is now four years removed from high school and club soccer. Not many South Carolina girls have had a college career as successful as Danielle's. She was a tremendous high school player and is also very, very good at the collegiate level.

http://www.cofcsports.com/ViewArticle.db...p;Q_SEASON=2008
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 08/20/08 11:43 PM
Morgan Thomas of CESA and 3-time SCHSSCA Class 1A All-State forward at Southside Christian has committed to Coastal Carolina's class of 2009.
Posted By: FutbolMadness Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 08/21/08 04:59 AM
Jade Davis, GK (Wando/IMG for 2008-09) to Ole Miss in 2009
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 08/22/08 12:29 AM
Stephanie Gauthier, Dutch Fork - Lander
Samantha Vickers, Dutch Fork - Lander
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 08/24/08 11:43 AM
Ceci Wyrick, Lexington - UNC Asheville
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 09/11/08 01:08 AM
Emily Kellam, Dutch Fork - UNC-Wilmington
Posted By: ScottW Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 09/18/08 01:38 AM
Quote:

Jade Davis, GK (Wando/IMG for 2008-09) to Ole Miss in 2009

Interesting to see someone on this board toot their own horn.... you ought to be embarassed to make a post on your daughter.
Posted By: soccermrs Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 09/18/08 02:26 AM
What is so wrong with being proud of your child's accomplishments?...Congrats to Jade for securing her position on a collegiate team.
Posted By: ScottW Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 09/18/08 03:00 AM
Quote:

What is so wrong with being proud of your child's accomplishments?...Congrats to Jade for securing her position on a collegiate team. [/quote

Do you see any other parent touting their own child's accomplishments? Do you see Chico talking about
Kira? Do you see hurst talking about his daughter? How about the parents of Sara Morabito, Haley Hutchings, Ceci Wyrick? The answer is No! The only person I see posting about their own child is Jade's dad. That is why I made my original comment.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 09/18/08 03:06 AM
he should be proud.he is not rubbing it in.the thread was 2009 commitments so he posted hers.con and her dad.grats to her
Posted By: FutbolMadness Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 09/18/08 04:51 AM
Scott W, Sorry I offended you so much that the only 2 posts you have ever placed are criticisms of my commitment post. Personally, I am VERY PROUD of ALL the players that have committed to college. Most of the 2009 girls that have committed (per this thread) are Jade's ODP 1991 teammates. Having watched them all play, I can say they are a great group of girls. If I had been certain of their commitments, I would have posted them myself. The only one I had direct personal knowledge of was, of course, my own daughter. It almost sounds like you have something personal against her. By the way, this is her Mom, not her Dad. And of course I am proud of her commitment. She has worked very hard and sacrificed to get to this point. Let's keep this thread upbeat and positive - all the players that have committed deserve that!
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 09/18/08 09:49 AM
Quote:

he should be proud.he is not rubbing it in.the thread was 2009 commitments so he posted hers.congrats to her and mom.sorry i left mom out

Posted By: Will Eudy Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 10/01/08 01:00 AM
Tom Winstead, Cardinal Newman- Charleston
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 10/01/08 02:17 AM
Quote:

What is so wrong with being proud of your child's accomplishments?...Congrats to Jade for securing her position on a collegiate team.

Do you see any other parent touting their own child's accomplishments? Do you see Chico talking about
Kira? Do you see hurst talking about his daughter? How about the parents of Sara Morabito, Haley Hutchings, Ceci Wyrick? The answer is No! The only person I see posting about their own child is Jade's dad. That is why I made my original comment.

Achmed think Scotty should learn to play nice, but more importantly, how to use the quote box.
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 10/01/08 12:56 PM
Congratulations to Thomas Winstead of Cardinal Newman on his commitment to the College of Charleston!!!
Posted By: Liverpool Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 10/04/08 01:49 AM
Anybody have an idea on Enzo's choices?
Posted By: treybowman Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 10/26/08 07:02 PM
Katie Tate, Woodmont- So Cal
Posted By: shut^&play Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 10/28/08 02:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/soccer/news/story?id=3667523

saw this on ESPN.com
Posted By: HappyDaddy Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 10/29/08 03:07 AM
Nice. Congratulations to Antoine. Leo Mukofsky (also from CUFC U-17 Elite) has committed to Coastal Carolina.
Posted By: dhunter Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 10/29/08 03:24 PM
ESPN article stated USC has 2009 commitments form Eric Martinez and David McVane.

It's half correct, McVane is a starter for USC this season.
Posted By: ccubaseball Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 11/03/08 03:40 PM
Interesting to me to see that CCU and CoC have several 2009 commits from Ohio. CCU has 3 and CoC has 2. The kids are from the top club teams in the Cincy area.
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 11/07/08 05:08 PM
Alicia Baxter, Irmo senior defender, has committed to play soccer next year at Newberry College.
Posted By: socitome Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 11/16/08 07:11 PM
Congratulations to Bobby Belair and Justin Watson of Socastee. Bobby will be attending Ivy League, Brown University and play soccer. Proud of you Bobby! Justin has been invited to California next month and train with the u18 National team with hopes of traveling to Australia in January. Memphis, St. John, Clemson, USC and College of Charleston have shown interest with Memphis offering. Proud of you Justin!
Posted By: ARichardsonSC Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 11/18/08 06:08 AM
Congratulations to Bobby and Justin... Having played against both of them since U13 or so, it's certainly an outstanding accomplishment and a testiment to the hard work they both have put in over the years.

Tough loss for the Gamecocks though, as they looked to have had Belair wrapped up.

http://www.thebigspur.com/news/story.php?article=1820
Posted By: sG Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 12/23/08 09:52 PM
Robbie Benson - College of Charleston. Congrats!
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/03/09 05:18 AM
LAST, FIRST, COMMITMENT, RPI, LEAGUE, POSITION, TEAM
belair, bobby, brown university, 39, ivy, m/d, bridgefa
shumberger, brendan, iona college, 57, maac, gk, bridgefa
parris, antoine, university of south carolina, 93, conference usa, f, cufc
mukofsky, leo, coastal carolina university, 101, big south, m, cufc
vukoder, tyler, college of charleston, 103, southern, d/m, dsc
winstead, tom, college of charleston, 103, southern, f, cesa
benson, robbie, college of charleston, 103, southern, m/d, dsc
savage, austin, clemson university, 122, acc, f, bridgefa
reed, malcolm, university of central florida, 125, conference usa, d, bridgefa
quinatoa, byron, presbyterian college, 196, big south, m, cesa
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/03/09 01:08 PM
Justin Watson to Memphis. Great pick-up from under the nose of C-USA rival South Carolina.
Posted By: everton Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/04/09 01:30 AM
Congrats to Watson!!

Joey Demare of CESA/Chapin/R3ODP team member is verbally committed to College of Charleston! 2009 class I believe? I heard rumors that he was committed to Clemson but I do believe that he is for Charleston?
Posted By: Shrink Rapp Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/04/09 03:47 AM
Well done Joey... Charleston will suit you well! Best Wishes!
Posted By: Micheal Corleone Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/04/09 04:20 PM
Wow and right under the nose of CCU, CofC, and FMU. See the pattern? I wonder if the USC and Memphis coaches are buds? They wouldnt dare share info on a player would they?

Joey is CofC.
Posted By: HappyDaddy Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/04/09 05:05 PM
Parris and DeMare are both 2010's. Taylor Varney (Irmo HS 2009) is also a verbal commitment to Coastal.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/04/09 06:01 PM
A couple of girls from York County and the Charlotte Soccer Club 91 Blue:

Taylor Parker (Fort Mill HS) - University of Kentucky (2010)
Rachael Newmister (Clover HS) - Davidson College (2009)
Posted By: socitome Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/06/09 01:09 AM
Justin Watson of Socastee will verbal to Memphis and also was chosen to play for the U18 National team that will travel to Australia next Friday. If he stays focused, he just might get a shot a playing at just about any level. Much respect Watty!
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/08/09 11:56 AM
ESPN Boy's 2009 Soccer Commitment List

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/soccer/news/story?id=3776407

South Carolina Men’s D1 List
LAST, FIRST, COMMITMENT, RPI, LEAGUE, POSITION, TEAM
belair, bobby, brown university, 39, ivy, m/d, bridgefa
shumberger, brendan, iona college, 57, maac, gk, bridgefa
martinez, eric, university of south carolina, 93, conference usa, d, north meck
mukofsky, leo, coastal carolina university, 101, big south, m, cufc
varney, taylor, coastal carolina university, 101, big south, f, cesa
vukoder, tyler, college of charleston, 103, southern, d/m, dsc
winstead, tom, college of charleston, 103, southern, f, cesa
benson, robbie, college of charleston, 103, southern, m/d, dsc
savage, austin, clemson university, 122, acc, f, bridgefa
reed, malcolm, university of central florida, 125, conference usa, d, bridgefa
watson, justin, university of memphis, 162, conference usa, f, bridgefa
quinatoa, byron, presbyterian college, 196, big south, m, cesa
Congrats, and every Mom and every Dad has every right to say whatever you want about proud of your children or anyone else's children. Keep being proud.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/16/09 04:59 AM
Chelsea Whiteman, CUSC, West Ashley High--Columbia College
Heather Moore, CUSC, West Ashley High--Columbia College
Posted By: Micheal Corleone Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/17/09 05:08 PM
Is Watson on the trip w 18s?. They tied Chile 2-2 and he was not listed as a sub or subs not used. Nor his he on the roster on ussoccer.com. Maybe the same reason he couldnt go is the same reason an instate school couldnt offer him?
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/17/09 08:01 PM
Quote:

Is Watson on the trip w 18s?. They tied Chile 2-2 and he was not listed as a sub or subs not used. Nor his he on the roster on ussoccer.com. Maybe the same reason he couldnt go is the same reason an instate school couldnt offer him?

My understanding is that Justin Watson (Socastee HS/Bridge FA) will be at the University of Memphis next fall. I wish him well in his future endeavors.
Posted By: Micheal Corleone Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/17/09 08:31 PM
Yes he will be but someone posted that he was with the u18s. Just trying to find out if he went or not?
Posted By: 202677 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/17/09 08:48 PM
tough to go if you're not from the U.S.
Posted By: Tony King Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/18/09 05:41 PM
We have two girls from Blythewood who signed with Columbia College last week:

Bethany Marini- who played club soccer most recently over at Lexington Soccer Club

Taylor Coulter who missed out on the last two club seasons

Best of luck to both of our new Koalas to be!!!

tk
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/18/09 07:13 PM
TK, looks like they'll be playing with two from my Charleston United club team, Heather Moore and Chelsea Whiteman, and possibly one more who is making a decision...go Koalas!
Posted By: Tony King Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/18/09 07:39 PM
Hey Coach Chass,

Yes sir!!-- I tell you what- with one more from you and another possible one from B'wood that would make 6 from our two schools- pretty cool!

Now if I can just figure out a time to watch our girls play in the fall.

tk
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/18/09 07:51 PM
True enough...maybe I'll see you at a game and watch those scrappy Koalas go at it!
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/18/09 10:37 PM
Chass,

It's the Fightin' Koalas, not the "scrappy" Koalas!

Looking forward to seeing all four of these girls play in the Viking Cup next month. Congratulations.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/18/09 10:50 PM
Y'know, the aggressiveness of the koala is hidden well by their teddy-bear looks and highly underrated...I wouldn't want to tangle with one!
Posted By: Tony King Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/19/09 03:44 PM
Well Hurst- I have a bit of bad news for you and your Viking Cup request-- Bethany is scheduled to have her ACL surgery about two weeks before the cup. Yup- she tore her ACL two weeks ago and is probably gone for the season. It was kinda funny though posing for the "Signing Letter" after having hobbled in on crutches....

Beth is a strong kid and will bounce back quickly and be stronger than ever come the fall college season.

tk
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/19/09 03:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Tony.

I hope Beth rehabs aggressively and that she is good to go by September. Good luck.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/21/09 03:37 PM
South Aiken

Mid/For - Kylie Mills - PC
GK - R.B. Wyatt - UT
Posted By: Coach Young Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/21/09 03:37 PM
Tennessee that is.
Posted By: bestofthebest Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/21/09 07:26 PM
Wasnt R.B. the back up for South Aiken? and to go to Tennesssee thats pretty impressive
Posted By: wunderkid #10 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/23/09 07:51 PM
is she going to UT and hoping she can walk on?
or was she offered a scholarship to play?

I don't much about the program there but you would think a sec school like that would have a quality team.

Either way best of luck to her!
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/24/09 04:29 PM
http://www.utladyvols.com/sports/w-soccer/tennw-w-soccer-body.html
Solid program, has been around for 7-8 years. Coach Kelly has done a fantastic job.
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/26/09 03:25 PM
not sure if the list above (titled "South Carolina Men’s D1 List") is complete (or correct) or not, and i realize it is only for the boys, but several months ago, sweet feet made the comment "you can be successful in SC by sending your daughter to CESA, and taking advantage of all they have to offer."

admittedly, at the time, sweet was defending his/her daughter's school (img), and did not specifically talk badly about any clubs, but appeared to dismiss the significance of every other club in the state (and, when i pointed this out, sweet did not deny it).

in reference to this list, i have in the past seen several charts/comparisons involving players and what they have done (soccer-wise) that has gotten them to the point of playing soccer in college, but have not seen anyone suggest any possible importance/value of playing for a particular club (other than sweet generically suggesting that your child should be playing for cesa).

in the list above, there are 5 bridge fa and 3 cesa players that have committed to d1 colleges.

note: i am NOT in any way trying or wanting to take anything away from cesa (or the other clubs in the list by not mentioning them) but to me at least, this list says a lot, especially if you look at the total number of players at bridge versus the number at cesa - what is it, maybe a couple hundred vs 50,000 or so? (i kid) i'd like to invoke chico's name and ask for his assistance now.

sweet, how would you dismiss bridge fa and the other "non-cesa" clubs in this case?
Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/26/09 03:39 PM
Not sure what sweet is referring to but there are many reasons why players don't sign and/or don't play college soccer. Among them is that perhaps they didn't get an offer from a preferred school. There are many players throughout the state that receive offers from schools. But, again, a lot of players only want to play soccer in college if the offer is from a certain school or level of school. While there are players who look to play college soccer wherever they can, those players are the minority.

Not meant to be taken as a comparison, but here is a list of current commitments for CESA players. Like other clubs, this list is fluid in that it will have to be updated as the year moves along.

Morgan Thomas - Coastal Carolina University
Sarah Morabito - Gardner-Webb University
Sarah Schaidle - College of Charelston
Alice Blackwell - Presbyterian College
Katie Tate - University of Southern California
Alysa Shearer - Lander University
Molly Harpe - Erskine College
Stephanie Gauthier - Lander University
Rae Wilson - University of South Carolina
Emily Kellam - UNC Wilmington
Casey Craft - College of Charleston
Claire Hodge - Furman University
Cassie Smith - Newberry College
Emily Brown - Erskine College
Macy Hayes - Lander University
Bradley Bugg - Coastal Carolina University
Ryan Goodwin - University of South Carolina
Byron Quinatoa - Presbyterian College
Matt Sluga - Erskine College
Thomas Valikonis - Georgia Southern University
Thomas Winstead - College of Charleston
Devon Dorn - North Greenville University
Taylor Varney - Coastal Carolina University
Manning Rushton - Presbyterian College
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/26/09 04:06 PM
i took her/his statement as "if you want your daughter (child) to be successful in sc, they need to play for cesa."
Posted By: Micheal Corleone Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/26/09 06:12 PM
So is it strictly due to CESA's coaches knowing college assts that their kids get more chances of committing?
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/26/09 07:33 PM
NO. that was me sharing with you what i believe to be sweet feet's personal opinion of that.

i have read fairly recent threads where some parents have shown strong interest in figuring out the best way(s) to get their child into a d1 program, so i was merely pointing out that, at least with the boys (and based on the list above) bridge fa has more players than cesa who have committed to d1 programs. doggy was kind enough to provide a list of BOTH girls and boys (women and men) from cesa who have committed to ALL colleges, not just d1.

i was not addressing anything but the SC BOYS (men) committing to DIVISION ONE colleges.

and i am by no means stating that one club or another will give you the best shot at that.
Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/26/09 08:22 PM
I don't get it. CESA has 7 D1 players on this list.
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/26/09 08:34 PM
i was going by the list provided earlier by cur le d'fhocal. but it is a couple weeks old?
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/26/09 08:37 PM
and, you just listed the colleges, not which division they are. if you know which division each of those is, you are at least a step ahead of me.
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/27/09 01:35 AM
2009 D1 Commitments
LAST,FIRST,COMMITMENT,RPI,LEAGUE,POSITION,TEAM

belair,bobby,brown university,39,ivy,m/d,bridgefa
shumberger,brendan,iona college,57,maac,gk,bridgefa
martinez,eric,university of south carolina,93,usa,d,north meck
goodwin,ryan,university of south carolina,93,usa,m,cesa
mukofsky,leo,coastal carolina university,101,big south,m,cufc
varney,taylor,coastal carolina university,101,big south,f,cesa
bugg,bradley,coastal carolina university,101,big south,gk,cesa
vukoder,tyler,college of charleston,103,southern,d/m,dsc
winstead,tom,college of charleston,103,southern,f,cesa
benson,robbie,college of charleston,103,southern,m/d,dsc
savage,austin,clemson university,122,acc,f,bridgefa
reed,malcolm,university of central florida,125,usa,d,bridgefa
valikonis,thomas,georgia southern university,130,southern,d,cesa
watson,justin,university of memphis,162,usa,f,bridgefa
quinatoa,byron,presbyterian college,196,big south,m,cesa
rushton,manning,presbyterian college,196,big south,d,cesa

Lot's of great players from SC that will have a chance to continue playing together in college
1 Ivy
1 ACC
1 MAAC
4 CUSA
4 Southern
5 Big South

{consider that the average team's freshman class is about 7 players, South Carolina is ranked 24th by population and thus should provide about 2% of the class (the average), this class has announced about 1.2% based upon this website, therefore SC should have about 13 more D1 commitments?}
Posted By: sweet feet Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/27/09 08:42 PM
Belligerent:
I will stand by my original statement/opinion that CESA gives your child the best chance/exposure etc. to play at the next level, that is not to dismiss any other club in the state. It starts at the top and nobody has a better one two punch than CESA.
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 01:14 AM
As long as the Bridge FA has teams in the USSF program, that statement is way off...at least for the Men's side. Justin Watson and Erik Clark are just two quick examples that come to mind for things that probably wouldn't have happened without the USSF opportunity.

And, with CESA skipping most of the top female events, I think the female side is shortchanged all together in South Carolina. Justifying not going, consistently, to top events for whatever reasons and CESA Combines and State Cup doesn't do anything if you're using the words "next level." To me, that means a good number of players going to top D-I programs EVERY year, as well as, Regional and National teams.

I guess "next level" can have a lot of meanings.
Posted By: Micheal Corleone Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 03:45 AM
three or four of the CESA boys were already commited or close to before joining CESA.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 12:31 PM
Quote:

As long as the Bridge FA has teams in the USSF program, that statement is way off...at least for the Men's side. Justin Watson and Erik Clark are just two quick examples that come to mind for things that probably wouldn't have happened without the USSF opportunity.

And, with CESA skipping most of the top female events, I think the female side is shortchanged all together in South Carolina. Justifying not going, consistently, to top events for whatever reasons and CESA Combines and State Cup doesn't do anything if you're using the words "next level." To me, that means a good number of players going to top D-I programs EVERY year, as well as, Regional and National teams.

I guess "next level" can have a lot of meanings.

what top tournys is cesa not going to to that you think they should and why? the state is the reason no one can go to casl.
what ages should be going to all these top tournys?
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 12:33 PM
Quote:

three or four of the CESA boys were already commited or close to before joining CESA.

if this is true then what was their reason for coming to cesa?
Posted By: Bear Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 12:37 PM
kickinit,

I don't totally disagree, but Erik's accolades are coming via the ODP side of things, not academy, which is distinctly separate from the USSF. What do you consider a "good number"? Belair to Brown is a result of the USSF academy.

Michael,

As for the 3 or 4 CESA boys that you mention, they probably had been watched in other events, and were obviously on the radar screens however, none of them were committed prior to joining CESA.

Whether you feel it's enough or not, CESA does do more to assist those that desire to play in college than any other club in the state.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 02:02 PM
Bear... I disagree... I know there were players that committed before the regular season stareted, but of course after the tryouts in May. These players were with other clubs when they were being watched and considered. Playing for CESA had nothing to do with it. Now, why they went to CESA there are many reasons.

Just because a player is playing fro Bridge or CESA or Upstate Soccer Alliance at the time of commitment does not mean those clubs get the credit of development.

Most schools and and the majority of D1 work on 2/3 years down the road. Therefore U16 and U17 is more indicative. Therefore if Joey deMAre plays for CESA and goes to a school does CUFC not get the credit for development? Or are we saying that college coaches only look at CESA/Bridge? The reality is they will look at the quality players wherever they are playing.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 02:26 PM
Stop trying to pat your favorite club on the back and give the credit where it is due..To the players that worked their butts off and made the grades..
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 04:28 PM
What a remarkably, wonderfully radical concept.
Posted By: sweet feet Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 05:01 PM
coldhardtruth:
So what your saying is we don't need quality teachers for our children?
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 05:09 PM
Speaking from a teacher's standpoint...even the best teachers can only go so far without dedicated, hard-working and talented students...and dedicated, hard-working and talented students can make even a mediocre teacher look good.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 05:17 PM
Those D1 players could of came from any club..They were going to play college ball somewhere..That was a given.
If we have to measure which club produces more college players..then I would probably look at the players that were on the bubble of not playing ball at all..You know..The kids you never heard of going to play soccer at a college you never heard of and that the coaches of that club played an instrumental part in getting these kids in college ball..To answer your question..There are quality teachers throughout the state..
Posted By: sweet feet Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 05:52 PM
Coach Chass:
How many talented hard working students do you have in your class room? What grade do you teach? Thanks
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 06:19 PM
I found at least one talented hard working student/soccer player in South Carolina.

Mauldin High Senior Taylor earns military honor.

Mauldin High Senior Taylor earns military honor

Good Luck at West Point.
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 07:09 PM
sweaty feet, cesa may "DO" more towards that goal, in terms of what can be shown on paper, i.e., college combine, but that does not mean they actually ACCOMPLISH more.

again, using the latest list of players going to (men's) d1 programs, bridgefa has 5 and cesa has 7 players. if this is your goal (only one of many) and using some ballpark numbers, the chances of your child going to a d1 school, while playing for:

bridge fa is about 2.5% (using approx 200 as number of "members")
cesa is about 0.28% (using approx 2500 as number of "members")

of course, i could make a hundred charts with lists of all the different players, male and female, going to the different schools of all sizes, and percentages of each from every club in the state, but it really would not prove anything.

it comes down to a personal choice. every parent, in the end, is looking for something different. you may have two parents who say their goal is for their child to play at a d1 school, but because those two children are not clones, they could each play at separate clubs, but both be playing for the club that gives them the best opportunity to achieve their goal.

you could say that you send your child to bradenton because it offers them the best opportunity to achieve their goal and I could possibly tell you that my child plays for bridge fa because that gives them the best opportunity to achieve their goal.

both of our children could have the same ultimate goal, and you and I could both be right in our decision for our child to play where they play.

but for you to make such a claim for every child in the state is just plain ridiculous.
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 07:17 PM
…as is asking coach chass how many talented hard working students he has in his class room.

for one thing, how do you define "talented" and "hard working"?

and, once you get to that point, do you want to know about those students who are "talented" but not "hard working," the ones who are "hard working" but not "talented" or the ones who are both?

or did you just want to see how he would answer?
Posted By: sweet feet Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:19 PM
Belligerent:
Hope your new year is going well, Whether your talking about the soccer field or the classroom the term "talented" and "hard working" has the same meaning. How one defines them is a whole nother story. Success on the soccer field and success in the class room is measured differently by different people. The reason I asked coach Chass about his students was very simple, a good friend of mine is a teacher in an affluent area of greenville, she has a masters and is a national board certified teacher. She states that she is lucky to have 2 good/serious students in any one class in one school year. Sad but true.

As far as CESA its only my opinion, Let me ask you this, isn't all about options for a player? Who has more options than CESA?
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:36 PM
Sweet Feet,

I have a mix; I'm lucky enough to teach AP Language and Composition (29 juniors, very highly motivated, have been groomed and prepared prior to meeting me, a number of SAT scores in the 1400+ range) and I also teach senior base-level English IV and an elective, Public Speaking, which often has students who are randomly placed there who aren't that interested and are just looking for something to do since they need to be at school. All of these classes have students with a range of both talent and motivation (yes, there is definitely a difference) and it does affect the appearance of the "success" of each lesson. Granted, I can certainly do things that will affect the outcomes for all of these levels, but to the casual observer I might appear to be doing more with the motivated students when it actually requires less effort on my part (when they are more likely to share the responsibility) and doing less with some of the others when I'm actually doing more.
Posted By: sweet feet Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:41 PM
Thanks coach, very well put.
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:42 PM
sweet, you are contradicting yourself - you say the terms "talented" and "hard working" has [sic] the same meaning, but then say "How one defines them is a whole nother story."

talented, hard working, and success are ALL subjective words/terms. sure, there are definitions for each in the dictionary, but how they relate to people all mean different things to different individuals.

your teacher friend is a perfect example - she may tell you she typically only has two good/serious students per year. coach chass might tell you he has ten each year. what does that mean? nothing other than what they have said. you absolutely cannot compare what she has said to what he has said (or might say) until you state what YOU consider each of those things to be (good student, hard working, talented).

her definition of each may not be anywhere close to his. how do you know if you don't define them?

and just because a club has more options does NOT necessarily mean they are BETTER options.
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:50 PM
certainly very well put, but now, how do you compare what coach chass said to what your teacher friend said?

in response to your question, she answered that she is lucky to have two. he mentioned the number 29.

let's say you took his class of 29 (or 30, 31?) and gave them to your teacher friend - would she also say there are 29 talented and hard working students?
Posted By: sweet feet Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:53 PM
Belligerent;
Just for the record, what club in your opinion gives a soccer player in SC the best opportunities? One more question, who do you make your monthly check out to?
Posted By: sweet feet Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:55 PM
Belligerent:
Im sure she would.
Posted By: Micheal Corleone Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:55 PM
Bear

come on now you are spliting straws. Bugg, Winstead and quintola had already pretty much made their minds up. I would say sweet and few others had as well.
Posted By: wunderkid #10 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:55 PM
this doesn't sound lilke soccer anymore...
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:57 PM
I have seen kids that worked hard at the game but had limited success and I have seen talented kids that when the work got hard, they seemed to lose interest..It was not fun anymore..I can see how working hard and talented should go together but in many cases, they are very far apart.
Posted By: sweet feet Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:59 PM
Belligerent:
Sounds like Coach Chass has CESA kids and my friend has COLA kids. LOL
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 08:59 PM
must be interesting in your world….

honey, where do you want to go eat tonight? let's go to buffet world, because they gots the most different kinds of food to choose from! mexican, italian, american, swedish...they got it all!

honey, time to buy a car, where do we go? multi-auto-choice world, of course. I don't care what they sell or how they are to deal with, but they got the most cars of anybody. heck, they gots hugos in more colors than anybody!

honey, where do you want to go have heart surgery? geez, don't you ever learn? el-boffo-biggo hospital - they gots more doctors than anybody!

it's all about the BEST options (for YOU) not who has the most.
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 09:06 PM
sweet, i have a question for you...what kind of bear is the best?

you got dropped on your head as a child, didn't you?
Posted By: sweet feet Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 09:07 PM
What if the multi-auto-choice world carried Mercedes,Porsche,Lexus,and BMW's? I'll take my chances with multi-auto-choice.
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 09:34 PM
Sweet Feet: I will stand by my original statement/opinion that CESA gives your child the best chance/exposure etc. to play at the next level, that is not to dismiss any other club in the state. It starts at the top and nobody has a better one two punch than CESA.

SF:

Next level is top D-I programs and Regional and National teams.

Men? Nothing is better for U15-U18s for "best chance/exposure to play at the next level" then the Bridge FA with USSF program. Nothing.

Women? No one, including CESA. Surf Cup, WAGS, CASL, Final Four, Disney, Las Vegas, PDA, Texas Shootout, Red Bull League, USYSA National League, etc, etc. is for "exposure to play at next level" and CESA usually doesn't attend CASL, has a few teams at Disney and attends nothing else. Not close to enough compared to top clubs around the country who do prepare players for the next level.

Its quality not quantity. Too many Americans are brainwashed by options, options, options. A lot of it is frill to justify the brand and money. And, having two good DOCs doesn't mean players are automatically ready for the "next level."
Posted By: Bear Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 09:53 PM

Michael, it doesn't really matter and I'm not really trying to split hairs, suffice it to say that I do know when the ultimate decisions for commitment were announced by these players.

B'rent,

If you are going to draw comparisons with numbers, at least compare apples to apples. Bridge's numbers are due to the construct of the club. Heck, if you really want to compare apples to apples as far as commitments go, it's really only the graduating seniors that matter, so the total club population is not really appropriate at all. It's really hard to do an accurate comparison when you've only been involved with one club. Having been a part, one more so than the other, of the two clubs that are being actively compared, I can tell you, more is done at CESA to "promote" the players.
Posted By: Fireant Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 10:44 PM
Any news on the Khoury kid from BE?
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/28/09 11:17 PM
Like where is he going to play? the thread has kind of thrown me off
Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 12:43 AM
Kickinit and Belligerent,
Instead of trying to convince readers on this board that Bridge is the better option, maybe you should look to use your marketing acumen to keep those Bridge payers at home and not let them come to an inferior club in the upstate.

If however you want to spend your time this way, you could at least give some substance to your arguments. Bridge is the best option for players 15-18.A bold comment for sure but prove it. Saying it does not make it so. Lets take a look then at this age group. For sure there are quality players in this age group but this age group for Bridge was the third best team in South Carolina at U14 and U16 and was second at U15- I think some conclusions could be found by these facts alone. Lets look at the Academy then.How are they doing this year and how is the competition they're playing- rhetorical- I know the answer.

Please help me to understand how the academy at Bridge is better. Bridge and North Mecklenburg academy are not the same as CASL,Texans,or Longhorns academy.

As fo the girls - come on. No one takes you serious here.

Finally, go ask the college coaches and see what they say- again rhetorical.

Belligerent, I can't wait for some funny deviation for my name- they are so funny.Oh, can you throw in a what world are you in or were you dropped on your head- I love those.

Which one of you two guys works the portable lights.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 12:49 AM
Quote:

As fo the girls - come on. No one takes you serious here.

Could you clarify this statement--just so there's no room for misinterpretation?
Posted By: Micheal Corleone Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 01:08 AM
Loc you are right not even in the same ballpark, not to mention solar or andromeda. Loc has CESA been asked to participate in the DA?
Posted By: 2d1dad Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 01:21 AM
I think he's alluding to the Big Red Evil Empire as being the only place girls should play....
Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 01:28 AM
Thanks 21- that's about what I meant. Any girl can play where they want but the success of CESAs girls is really without question.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 01:36 AM
I thought (hoped) that was what you meant...not to encourage any over-enthusiastic blanket statements or banner-waving, but to be as objective as possible, I have heard more than one parent express a wish that there were Lowcountry clubs that gave more emphasis to top-level girls' soccer.
Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 01:50 AM
Mike,
There was an application process and fom what I hear CESA decided not to go that route. If they wanted in they would be in.

Another thought. Why did Lundy, the soccer god in Charleston, decide to drive pass the academy and go to Rock Hill. Interesting. And you know he was looking out for his sons best interest.
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 01:54 AM
Seen and/or experienced coaches at most of these clubs being discussed (Bridge, CESA. CUFC) they are ALL very good & concerned about players, including (MP & DISA).

Greenville, Columbia and Charleston (and others too) have great soccer venues.

Greenville has the best community support in the state, bar none. Wish it could be that good elsewhere.

Opportunities: (a) CESA just doesn't go to enough BIG tournaments to offer the LOOKS, organizing a little combine for DII colleges isn't enough either (b) CUFC attends more tournaments out of state so thats a plus (c) USSDA, the BEST venue for exposure bar none. Showcase events are attended by 75-100 DI schools ++. (d) other programs simply look for development, not exposure, when attending out-of-state tourneys.

The list of DI commitments surely shows that BridgeFA has greater exposure (out-of-state commitments) compared to other SC Clubs.

I'm waiting to hear about Lundy, Khoury, Enzo, Moore, Sweet, Valencia, Teos, Massey, Eads - they're all DI candidates in my book. And others too, just these who I could think of tonight.

So, it really comes down to the PLAYER, yes, the one that practices EVERY day for the past 7+ years. GOOD LUCK GUYS!
word has it CofC
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 03:01 AM
Loc Dog, for the record, i have NOT been "trying to convince readers on this board that Bridge is the better option." this – no funny names, just please pay attention here – is where it gets tiresome. i have tried to be extremely clear on this, but you and sweet feet (and apparently bear has not been getting enough sleep lately) are just having an impossible time understanding plain english. sorry, there i go again, but please PLEASE go back and read my earlier posts, and i believe you will see that i am a HUGE proponent of each parent doing what is best for their OWN child. NOT "bridgefa is best for everyone," nor "cesa is best for everyone." was that clear enough?

now, i do believe that bridgefa is the better for SOME people, as is – cough, cough – i can say it – as cesa is better for others. gosh, that almost sounded reasonable, didn't it?

ok, loc dog...once again, just to make sure you get it this time...you need to do what is best for your OWN child. THERE IS NO ONE PERFECT OPTION FOR EVERYONE.

and, bear (and, i will just take it as you having another long week) if you will notice where i say, "i could make a hundred charts with lists of all the different players, male and female, going to the different schools of all sizes, and percentages of each from every club in the state, but it really would not prove anything." basically, i don't really care for ANY of the stupid charts, apples to apples or apples to pears or any other fruit. because they are worthless as it relates to this.

to respond to your "cesa does more" comment, i'll go back to what i originally said to sweet...more does not necessarily mean better. i typically put a good bit of weight into your opinion, cause i believe you're for the most part, at least as it relates to soccer and your child, a "thinkin" man...please tell me that you do not believe the "cesa is the best option for every child in the state of south carolina" crap that sweet and loc are spewing....please. sure, for you, but not EVERYbody...

and, just in case loc and sweet have already forgotten what i said earlier....THERE IS NO ONE PERFECT OPTION FOR EVERYONE. cesa is better for some, bridge is better for others.
Posted By: Bear Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 04:02 AM
I didn't think that was even close to the statement I made the last time I had a hard week.

As usual, you and I are in general agreement with some of the broader discussion topics burried in this one. My point on the charts and graphs thing was more aimed at other people that would be reading this, because there is a bunch of chest thumping going on.

CESA is not the best option for all players. As you know, we decided, CESA was the best option for the player that I was most interested in.

If you look at this graduating class, there was talk of this particular class being arguably the most talented age group across the board that SC has produced. It's no surprise that there are D1 players at CESA, Bridge, and don't forget DSC, there are several D1 commitments there also. Since DSC has several D1 players, (Vukoder, Benson, and Grim come immediately to mind), should they be included in the whole discussion of which club develops players the best? I tried to avoid the whole development of the players side of this, because, the list of people/coaches/clubs/programs that have been a part of my sons development is long and, honestly, pretty noteworthy. No single one of them is solely responsible for his development, but the combination of, and the opportunities that I was fortunate enough to be able to provide for him, have all contributed.

I will stand by my statement of more being done at CESA for promoting players, when compared to Bridge, unless things have drastically changed there, which change was not something that has ever been easy to come by in the lowcountry. Is my more better? Who knows, but for me, I feel it was better, but like I said before, it's not for everyone.
Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 02:33 PM
No question that this is a quality graduating class across the state.

What would the class from 2007 or 2008 say? What about 2010 or 2011?

Some of you don't like data and statistics, so I guess it doesn't matter to you what past graduating classes have shown. And I also suppose that you don't consider data when predicting future outcomes.
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/29/09 06:36 PM
In case you don't know:
Signing Date For Prospective Student-Athletes Enrolling in the 2009-2010 Academic Year

Sport, Initial Signing Date, Final Signing Date
Soccer,(Regular Period) February 4, 2009, August 1, 2009

For more Information on NLI:
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/nli

For more information on Eligibility & Clearinghouse:
https://web1.ncaa.org/eligibilitycenter/common/

Coaches talking to you can take you through the process too.
I know it's your last semester of high school, don't goof off, make the best of it, GRADES + FUN = SUCCESS IN LIFE at this point. OH yeh, APPLY, APPLY, APPLY for scholarships above soccer.

GOOD LUCK!
Posted By: Bear Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 01:31 PM
Quote:

No question that this is a quality graduating class across the state.

What would the class from 2007 or 2008 say? What about 2010 or 2011?

Some of you don't like data and statistics, so I guess it doesn't matter to you what past graduating classes have shown. And I also suppose that you don't consider data when predicting future outcomes.

The 2007 and 2008 class would probably argue against that statement, but I don't recall near the number of Region III team and pool players from either of those previous classes, so this would just be bantering and chest thumping in nature.

The 2010 and 2011 classes aren't graduating yet. They will have an arguement in the future. I think right now it could be said and supported that the 2009 and 2010 class are definitely the tops of the SC chain. Many region pool and team players, both the 91 and 92 state teams competed in the ODP national championships. Many players are critical players for their HS teams. But again, limiting it to the classes that have or are graduating, the arguments are pretty weak if arguing against the 2009 class, right now.
Posted By: fanofthegame Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 04:28 PM
From The Discoveries Website:

News

Players Committ to Colleges

Date Posted: 1/30/2009

The DSC 90 Green boys have worked hard and we congratulate all the boys for their accomplishments. The team won the SCYSA State Cup in December and will play this spring for their respective high schools. This June they will represent SC the Region 3 Championship in Texas. The boys listed below have made committments. We will update the list as more committ.

Robbie Benson, Tyler Vukoder, Frannie Twohig, Ralphie Lundy, Shawn Ferguson, Geordie Khoury - College of Charleston

Taylor Grim - Wofford

Craig Lowe - King College,TN

Zack Clark - Liberty,NC

Enzo Martinez - UNC-Chapel Hill

Best of Luck to all!
Posted By: HappyDaddy Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 06:02 PM
That is an impressive list. Congratulations to all. I can think of only one team that might end up with more D1 commitments, but it's a tad too soon to be sure.
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 06:25 PM
Wow! The 2009 Class is impressive!

2009 D1 Commitments
LAST,FIRST,COMMITMENT,RPI,LEAGUE,POSITION,TEAM
martinez,enzo,unc chapel hill,5,acc,f,dsc
belair,bobby,brown university,39,ivy,m/d,bridgefa
shumberger,brendan,iona college,57,maac,gk,bridgefa
martinez,eric,university of south carolina,93,usa,d,north meck
goodwin,ryan,university of south carolina,93,usa,m,cesa
mukofsky,leo,coastal carolina university,101,big south,m,cufc
varney,taylor,coastal carolina university,101,big south,f,cesa
bugg,bradley,coastal carolina university,101,big south,gk,cesa
vukoder,tyler,college of charleston,103,southern,d/m,dsc
winstead,tom,college of charleston,103,southern,f,cesa
benson,robbie,college of charleston,103,southern,m/d,dsc
lundy,ralphie,college of charleston,103,southern,m,dsc
ferguson,shawn,college of charleston,103,southern,m/d,dsc
khoury,geordie,college of charleston,103,southern,f/m,dsc
clark,zack,liberty,104,big south,m,dsc
savage,austin,clemson university,122,acc,f,bridgefa
reed,malcolm,university of central florida,125,usa,d,bridgefa
valikonis,thomas,georgia southern university,130,southern,d,cesa
watson,justin,university of memphis,162,usa,f,bridgefa
grim,taylor,woffard,184,southern,d,dsc
quinatoa,byron,presbyterian college,196,big south,m,cesa
rushton,manning,presbyterian college,196,big south,d,cesa

Lot's of great players from SC that will have a chance to continue playing together in college
1 Ivy
2 ACC
1 MAAC
4 CUSA
8 Southern
6 Big South

Could've made one impressive team!
5 forwards
5 midfielders
1 for/mid
4 mid/def
5 defenders
2 goalkeepers
Now, suppose that ODP was run by a board of Nick Finotti, Clark Brisson, and Dom Wren (maybe a few others), would it be better than College coaches who know very little of these players? PAUSE!

Just another thought, but has SCYSA ever thought about sponsoring a dinner for those players who will be moving on to DI,II,III to continue playing? Would be a great opportunity for them to share the moment after many, many years of hard work together/competitive.

{consider that the average team's freshman class is about 7 players, South Carolina is ranked 24th by population and thus should provide about 2% of the class (the average), this class has announced about 1.6% based upon this website, therefore SC should have about 6 more D1 commitments?}
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 07:25 PM
ok, loc dog, you seem to be insistent on the numbers, so… using the last list(s) posted above:

cesa had 24 players commit to play in college
20 of the 24 are in-state schools
3 are in states bordering south carolina
1 is elsewhere

7 of those 24 are d1 colleges
6 of the 7 are in-state, the other is in georgia

note: 2 of the players on the d1 list are also listed on the lexington county soccer club website!

bridge fa had 5 players commit to play in college
of those 5:
all 5 are d1 colleges
4 of the 5 are out of state
1 of those is an ivy-league school

loc, above, you said "I also suppose that you don't consider data when predicting future outcomes."

for your benefit, based on the above data, i will make some predictions:

if you want to be seen by local colleges and play locally, go to cesa
if you want to be seen around the country and play outside the state at a d1 college, go to bridge fa
if you choose to believe what club leadership and bulletin board posters tell you, instead of looking at the real stats, go to cesa
if you want a club that appears to be doing lots more to "promote the player" than anybody else, but doesn't really have the stats to back it up, go to cesa.

sweet feet said "I will stand by my original statement/opinion that CESA gives your child the best chance/exposure etc. to play at the next level, that is not to dismiss any other club in the state. It starts at the top and nobody has a better one two punch than CESA."

sweet, i see the numbers, but i just don't see that "one two punch" you're talking about

bear: you said "Whether you feel it's enough or not, CESA does do more to assist those that desire to play in college than any other club in the state."

bear, again, i'm looking at the numbers. i'll even play along and take your word that cesa does more . . . so what? i don't see that all that work they're doing is paying off.

you say you went to cesa for your own reasons (which i respect) but you go on and on about all that cesa does. this would be a good time to back that up with some hard evidence - what in the way of a college commitment has all of cesa's hard work done for you - specifically.

but, all the "statistics" aside, loc dog and sweet feet, i will go back to what i've been saying all along - you need to do what is best for your own child - just don't get on here and preach that one-size-fits-all - cause it don't.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 07:30 PM
Quote:

ok, loc dog, you seem to be insistent on the numbers, so… using the last list(s) posted above:

cesa had 24 players commit to play in college
20 of the 24 are in-state schools
3 are in states bordering south carolina
1 is elsewhere

7 of those 24 are d1 colleges
6 of the 7 are in-state, the other is in georgia

note: 2 of the players on the d1 list are also listed on the lexington county soccer club website!

bridge fa had 5 players commit to play in college
of those 5:
all 5 are d1 colleges
4 of the 5 are out of state
1 of those is an ivy-league school

loc, above, you said "I also suppose that you don't consider data when predicting future outcomes."

for your benefit, based on the above data, i will make some predictions:

if you want to be seen by local colleges and play locally, go to cesa
if you want to be seen around the country and play outside the state at a d1 college, go to bridge fa
if you choose to believe what club leadership and bulletin board posters tell you, instead of looking at the real stats, go to cesa
if you want a club that appears to be doing lots more to "promote the player" than anybody else, but doesn't really have the stats to back it up, go to cesa.

sweet feet said "I will stand by my original statement/opinion that CESA gives your child the best chance/exposure etc. to play at the next level, that is not to dismiss any other club in the state. It starts at the top and nobody has a better one two punch than CESA."

sweet, i see the numbers, but i just don't see that "one two punch" you're talking about

bear: you said "Whether you feel it's enough or not, CESA does do more to assist those that desire to play in college than any other club in the state."

bear, again, i'm looking at the numbers. i'll even play along and take your word that cesa does more . . . so what? i don't see that all that work they're doing is paying off.

you say you went to cesa for your own reasons (which i respect) but you go on and on about all that cesa does. this would be a good time to back that up with some hard evidence - what in the way of a college commitment has all of cesa's hard work done for you - specifically.

but, all the "statistics" aside, loc dog and sweet feet, i will go back to what i've been saying all along - you need to do what is best for your own child - just don't get on here and preach that one-size-fits-all - cause it don't.

you did a fine job. i wonder how many of those players chose in-state schools to get more money for school.now give us the stats for cesa and bridge girls for 2009.

then you can start on the 2010's

i had to go back and look but you talk about all the bridge players going out of state. from the way you stated your facts i thought they were going all over the country.seems they are still in the south.
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 07:41 PM
bridge had 5 players commite to schools out of how many on the team? 16 maybe? i assume bridge just has the one team.

cesa had 24 commite out of how many? i would assume cesa has 2 teams at that age so i would say out of about 32?

i guess that "wanting to be seen around the county and play outside the state at a dI school go to bridge" has come up short if you only have 5 committed. what about the rest of the bridge team?
Posted By: wunderkid #10 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 08:04 PM
there is still plenty of time left for the other players to commit if they even want to play soccer in college.
Posted By: Man City FC Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 08:13 PM
All,

The problem I see with all the back and forth comments is the data "you people" are using is from a 3rd party. I am sure the creators of the 3rd party data are always placing their club in the best light, thus it could be leaning toward being biased. To report the facts someone should contact each member of all the teams for these clubs and ask the questions listed.

Did you want to play college soccer?
How many coaches contacted you about playing soccer for them?
How did these coaches find you? (tournaments, ODP, Club games, soccer camps, other teammates, High School)
How did you decide on your college choice? (college reputation, degree program, soccer coach, soccer playing time)
Are you interested in playing soccer on the pro level?

This type of data would answer questions above and beyond what you should need to decide how to spend your time and money.

Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 08:15 PM
Belligerent,

I knew you couldn't resist. And in your emotional attempt to slag CESA, you left yourself open.

Of the 24 commitments, actually 16 are to Division I schools. Here are those schools: PC (3), Georgia Southern (1), USC (2), CofC (3), Coastal Carolina (3), Southern Cal (1), Gardner-Webb (1), UNC Wilmington (1), Furman (1). I don’t know where 7 came from.

Again, CESA averages about 27 commitments per year. There are players on the second teams who are signing national letters of intent. I don’t think a club can have this many players commit and not be considered the best option.

As for players staying in state, a lot of that has to do with non-athletic scholarship money. I don’t think you can fault anyone for that. Just because a player stays in state, that doesn’t mean that it was the only offer they had.

There are players who came to CESA late in their careers and Lexington certainly should take some credit for helping those players. But, a big part of development is playing with higher-level players and the players that came over were aged out and certainly were surrounded by higher-level players at CESA. Why didn’t they go to the Bridge?

What other clubs offer what CESA offers for its players? I think this is what Sweet, Bear, and I are referring to. Does it mean that Bridge or DSC hasn’t had players to commit? No. But, go back and look at last year or the year before and tell me what you find out in regards to college signings.

You make these judgements about CESA and then hide behind the “do what is best for your kid” statement. In the same breath, you promote Bridge. Again, if CESA weren’t taking care of their top players and second team players, why would players from all over continue to drive to CESA? How could second team players sign NLI?

Take your lip service to I26 and see what those folks tell you.
Posted By: Bear Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 08:28 PM
Quote:

I really don't know why this has become personal between us, but, so be it. All along, I have said that it remains a personal choice and decision. All along I have said that for ME and MINE, it has been better. That goes to the training, the coaching from the sidelines, the mutual respect between the players and coach, the lines of communication between the coach and the parents, and the general atmosphere and feeling around the club. As for the college commitment, suffice it to say, the parameters were set by the player, supported and worked on by the coach, and multiple opportunities availed itself. In the end, just like it was his decision for which club to be a member of, the choice for college is his to make.

As long as you keep looking at the numbers, just be sure you keep watching the numbers in the club in general, not just for the very small group that is the Academy. Bridge is struggling, and after what I put into it, it bothers me, but there's no one to blame for that but the leadership. But as long as there are people that continue to seek small victories, such as with the number of commitments, and try to take that and blow it up into something more than what it is, Bridge will continue to struggle. Bridge may be identifying itself as the way to D1 outside the state, but at what cost to the parents and most importantly.....players. Stay put, stay happy with what you have, and you will never see what it could be like.
Posted By: Bear Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 08:29 PM
And no, I haven't had a hard week, just tired of the personal nature of your questions.
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 09:19 PM
I haven't been following, but who are the DII & DIII Men's commits so that they can be recognized? ALL are quite an accomplishment! Please include position, division & conference if known, thanks.

My List:
lowe,craig,king college,dsc
bosco,ben,north greenville,cufc
olson,stephen,greenville,cufc
sluga,matt,erskine college,cesa
Posted By: fanofthegame Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 09:52 PM
Of the 24 committments by CESA, are they listed yet on their website and perhaps I missed an earlier post, is that 24 repesenting both boys & girls or the 2 boys teams(u-18)?
bell

Is this a police investigation?
Posted By: Hard Headed Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 10:06 PM
Quote:

bell

Is this a police investigation?

"CSI Bridgefa"
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 10:06 PM
loc dog, you're right, i couldn't resist. but, i've left myself open for nothing, because i am not - i repeat - NOT "attempting to slag" cesa (btw, slag is a noun, not a verb), only people who get on here and try to state as fact something that you can't even get everyone in this discussion to agree on how to qualify.

hard headed, i was hoping the cynicism in my post would be fairly apparent, but obviously not. for the record, the "predictions" i made earlier were ridiculous, as they were meant to be.

as man city pointed out, and many of you mention yourselves, there are an infinite number of variables that go into how people decide which schools they will go to. i have absolutely no interest in trying to understand every person's reasoning behind their decisions.

hard headed, from what i could find, cesa had six u18 teams (not two). but, do you really consider new york and rhode island in the south? (i think that's a bit of a stretch)

loc dog, you're asking a lot of questions that only one or two people can answer - the ones who made those decisions. i don't fault anybody who does anything that has nothing to do with me. i, myself, have a child who goes to school in-state, and i can tell you that non-athletic scholarship money had a lot to do with that decision - can you fault me for that?

unless i know the individual personally, and they have shared the information with me, i wouldn't even begin to know why they might not play for the bridge, and the same can be said for why someone might not play for cesa. we can both make assumptions all day, but it's not something i care to worry about.

bear, probably 95% of the time, you do right on these boards because you are very careful about your wording. you almost always say that you have made decisions based on what is right for you and your child. that's they way it should be, and i respect that. and that is the concept i've been TRYING to get across for the past few days. now, even you are missing it - i don't care how many commitments ANY of the clubs have - it doesn't really factor in for me. not saying that i wouldn't like for my child to play somewhere, and would love it if money was offered and it was to a school with a great program, it's just not something that has been a concern. but, i would love to know how YOU KNOW that cesa is doing more than is being done at the bridge for my child?

"Stay put, stay happy with what you have, and you will never see what it could be like" you sound like you have found nirvana. and since it's so wonderful for you, it has to be great for everyone else. sorry, but the grass is not always greener on the other side. sure, sometimes it is - apparently is for you and yours - but don't be so presumptuous as to know what is best for mine. like i said, you were doing fine, keeping it fairly general, but you keep preaching to me about what they can do for me, then i want to know what they have done for you. but all i get is multiple parameters and availing opportunities. again, i don't really care, just thought it would be a great opportunity for you to share.

loc dog, i will continue to repeat myself, because you are not grasping the concept, and you continue to attribute words and thoughts to me that are just NOT true. PLEASE go back and look carefully… if you can find one statement where i disparaged cesa (the club), i will apologize for it right here and now (and i don't count the "predictions" as i've already stated they were not serious). like i have said over and over, cesa may be the best for some people, but don't state as a fact that they are the best for EVERY person.
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/30/09 10:16 PM
HOW ABOUT WE KEEP THIS THREAD ABOUT COMMITMENTS!

Take the 'better club' discussion to the 'Club/ODP' board where it belongs.

FIX IT, ADULTS! I'll even start it for you.
Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 12:15 AM
Belligerent,

First off,you must not be around soccer people much because the word slag is used exactly the way soccer people use it. With the amount of grammar errors you make, you should be the last one giving advice here Chief.

Two questions I want you to answer: 1) When you gave the Bridge credit for Erik Clark's success did you intentionally lie or are you just ignorant? Because if you want to argue the success came from Bridge, then you and your club are going to have a very big problem to deal with.If not that, then you don't know what you're talking about.Which is it?

2)How is Bridge able to serve its U13 boys and girls and the U14 girls?

No stats, bars or graphs. Just answer those questions. Don't dance around them- just answer them.
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 01:45 AM
sorry cur le, but your other post was hijacked worse than this one.

loc dog, i don't spend all my free time around soccer people. my guess is that you've heard that word from a scot, brit or irish chap. if so, i don't know too many of those.

but, no, you're wrong - i've been involved with soccer on many levels, from player to coach, for over 35 years, and i can't say i've ever heard that term. but my memory was bad 20 years ago. hasn't gotten any better.

liar or ignorant, huh? wow, who's getting emotional now? i have to apologize - i don't recall commenting on eric clark. i even looked back a few months and didn't see anything.

but, if you will show me where i did say something about him, and if i gave bridge full credit for anything to do with him, i will take it back now. just can't see why i would've done that.

but it's really a moot point anyway. see, you are just not accepting the fact that i am not the bridge's cheerleader, nor am i cesa's detractor. but, if i hear something that i know to be incorrect, i will step up and say so. i have actually defended cesa before, believe it or not.

gonna be a big problem, huh? i almost want to say it, just because you sound like you're threatening me. but, like i said, i don't think i did.

how any clubs serve any age group would need to be answered by that particular group's management. sorry, that's not me. and u13 boys and u14 girls are not groups i have anything to do with. find the parent of one and ask them.

i really would love to answer your questions, but i would have to make something up, and i'm not going to do that.

it's just sad that you have completely missed my point in all this because you're too busy getting pissed off.

i'd be willing to bet good money that the vast majority of people on here will agree with what i have been trying to get across to you, which is that...

...every parent must decide what is right for their own child, and there is no one club that is perfect for every child.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 02:32 AM
Okay already..I agree
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 02:58 AM
Maybe CESA parents should be glad enough good players DON'T think CESA is the only viable options, and instead help provide them with some quality in-state competition so they don't go into regionals completely unprepared to meet other top-notch players who aren't on their own team?

Of course, I'm not the expert. Could be that a stacked team that never actually gets tested throughout most of the season is the better prepared. Could also be that winning because you've convinced all the blue chips to come aboard makes you better at developing players. Could also be that "hijacking" the other thread is just a way of saying hey, relax, have a sense of humor...if it's all about what's good for the kids, maybe we shouldn't teach them to stress so much when someone disagrees; just keep doing what you think is right for you, play YOUR best game, and let others think what they may.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 03:11 AM
Oh, and before I forget what this thread was started for:

Savannah Prosise, WAHS/CUSC--Columbia College

Katelyn Harnage, Berkeley High/CUSC--Virginia Tech
Posted By: wunderkid #10 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 03:22 AM
this is very true
Posted By: chelseafan5 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 12:29 PM
Coach Chass: Just curious, Is the girl that's going to Va Tech scholarship or a walk on? I think Tech was in at least the ACC semi's this past year. It appears she did not play Region PL, how about ODP, where did they see her play? Congrats and good luck to her.
Posted By: Bear Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 12:58 PM
Quote:

...every parent must decide what is right for their own child, and there is no one club that is perfect for every child.

This, we agree with. But, as you are finding it so hard for me to understand that, I'm equally having a difficult time understanding why you're trying to get me to support my decision as to somehow justify it.
Posted By: Belligerent Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 01:16 PM
figured the more "actual" reasoning that has been used by people to make some of these choices might help me and others understand vs just theorizing, as some do. i know i theorize all the time, but when i do, i typically say that's what i'm doing. your reasons are your own, and as such, are none of my business - i apologize.

i'm out of this, or at least until loc makes up something else to accuse me of.
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 01:23 PM
This topic has gotten totally off point. It's not about best total club, or biggest club, or best coaches, etc, etc.
It started as which club prepares for the next level with the most exposure, whether you have 5 teams doing it or 5000 teams?

On the men's side, the USSF program is tops for next level and exposure. So Loc Dog, who is the club in South Carolina that is involved? Is it really coincidence that Clark and Watson have been called into National camps since joining? Come on.

On the women's side, outside of an occasional CASL and Disney, what really is CESA doing for the next level and exposure? Loc Dog, go to the TOP events' results and tell me the CESA teams that even attended those. List them, please. If you can consistently name numerous top events, year after year, then I'm wrong.

I think you'll find NO club is doing enough for women in terms of development, preparation and exposure for the next level. Not any level, but the next level.
Posted By: HappyDaddy Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 01:55 PM
I have a slightly different view of this. In general, I think the amount of exposure players get is more closely related to the success of the particular team than to the badge it wears. College coaches are drawn to players and to teams. They don't seem to be particularly interested in the name on the front of the shirt. They also don't seem to care much whether they are watching a USSF DA game, a R3PL game, or a Region III ODP game.

I tend to think that the USSF Academy will, one day, be the primary entity for "ultra-elite" youth soccer. At the moment, it, ODP and USYSA Premier leagues are about equal in terms of the opportunities for exposure.

When all is said and done, all of the big clubs get their kids in front of enough college coaches that the better players are unlikely to be overlooked. They do it in different ways, but the good teams are known to the coaches and they watch them.
CESA-Women

In addition to tournaments (Disney, Greensboro or CASL, CESA) CESA arranges friendlies/scrimmages for their u16, 17, 18 teams, 3 games per weekend in Atlanta (fall) Knoxville (spring) this year against r3pl teams that are hosted by similar type clubs as CESA that include a large number of college coaches in attendance. UNC-Charlotte, USC, Clemson, UNC-A, Western Carolina have been host sites in the past for these events. The NCAA may now prohibit these events at colleges. They also scrimmage non-D1 schools throughout the fall/spring seasons. CESA offers to all players the Combine and CAP events for college exposure. CESA does a great job providing opportunities for it’s women players to have exposure to college coaches.
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 03:46 PM
Thanks for the reinforcement. Just listing any tournaments doesn't justify the argurment. In terms of next level and exposure? Greensboro, CESA, friendlies, R3PL, etc, etc doesn't cut it. CASL is occasional and Disney is one out of the top 6-8 events in the country.

Of course, those schools you listed are around. They are an hour or so away! All colleges support local clubs because its easy, convenient and cheap. That's exposing players? Schools like USC and Clemson will always have some CESA players because its cheap and helps them fill out a roster of 22-25.

I'm not talking about doing alot of nothing to justify the money people are paying. I'm talking getting kids prepared for the next level with top level exposure: attending many top events, consistently. No club does it for women and the Bridge FA is the leader for men because of their U15-U18 players in the USSF program. CESA might be the top overall club in the state but not in the specific area of exposing kids for the next level. In women, they're in a group of no one and, men, behind the Bridge FA for now.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 04:02 PM
Kickinit,
Do you think SC women would benefit more from a single gender club?
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 04:06 PM
Quote:

Coach Chass: Just curious, Is the girl that's going to Va Tech scholarship or a walk on? I think Tech was in at least the ACC semi's this past year. It appears she did not play Region PL, how about ODP, where did they see her play? Congrats and good luck to her.

She's a recruited walk-on. No R3PL, no ODP. She chose for her own reasons not to take the path that some say you can't succeed without, but the kid is good--and it's because she's worked her butt off to become so, not because she's got the "right" acronyms on her resume; in this case, the credit really does need to go to her. Someone who knew her brought her to the attention of someone who needed to know her, and she got the invitation to VT.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 04:14 PM
GK, I forgot to mention.
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 04:20 PM
CHT, Good question. In my opinion, no.

CESA has the pedigree but they just need to do it! Go to events and not worry that they'll lose more then win. As mostly state champions 1) they'll get in to a lot of events, making it easier to get in more 2) they'll expose players better and 3) they'd probably attract even more players if they're the only club going to top events. A cyclical process that will improve their women as a whole.

It seems the Lowcountry needs to take the always-tough first step of consolidation. Columbia? Go east or west. The state's talent pool is only so big for top level stuff. Or, recruit the Lowcountry before they merge.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 04:34 PM
Consolidation in the lowcountry is never going to happen..Instead of seeing fewer clubs..it seems that everyone thinks they can do it better so the club number has grown here..Ourselves, we followed a core of players
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 04:50 PM
Seems like the problem is, lots of folks agree that consolidation could produce a stronger, more competitive, and thus more visible club that would attract more attention to its players. Nobody can agree, though, what banner it should fall under. Everyone has their likes and dislikes, and strength of overall program and degree of club-wide exposure is not the same as quality of individual experience.
Posted By: chelseafan5 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 07:33 PM
Coach Chass: Does a recruited walk-on sign NLI?
Posted By: keeepersd2002 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 01/31/09 07:54 PM
a recruited walk-on does not sign a nli as they are typically not receiving any type of aid through athletics; now they can sign a letter of intent if the schools have though stating they are attending the university...as everyone knows nli's are a one year thing and they can earn money the next year...but you only sign a nli as a freshmen
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 02/06/09 12:36 AM
Men’s program, How Programs Differ Where SC Grads Going

UNC CHAPEL HILL
NC(2),SC,VA,FL (REGION III)

BROWN UNIVERSITY
SC,VA,NY,IL,OK (US)

IONA COLLEGE
PA,UT,CANADA,NY,SC,TX,SPAIN (INTERNATIONAL)

UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
NC(2), SC (IN-STATE, +NEIGHBOR STATE)

COASTAL CAROLINA UNIVERSITY
NC,GA(2),NJ,SC(2) (EAST COAST)

COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON
SC(5),GA(2) (IN-STATE, +NEIGHBOR STATE)

LIBERTY
SC (NOT ENOUGH DATA)

CLEMSON UNIVERSITY
NC,GA,CA,TX,SC,PA (US)

UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA
GA,SC,PA (EAST COAST)

GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY
GA(2), SC (IN-STATE, +NEIGHBOR STATE)

UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS
GA,TN,SC,OK (IN-STATE, +NEIGHBOR STATE, +)

WOFFARD
NC,AL,TN(2),GA, SC (REGION III)

PRESBYTERIAN COLLEGE
SC,GA(2) (IN-STATE, +NEIGHBOR STATE)

It's interesting to note how programs can be broken down into In-State + 1 over, Region III, East Coast, US, International...I think that it tells alot about the emphasis on the athletic program.

Your goal should reflect your camps and playing priority (state, region, academy)
Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 02/20/09 05:48 PM

Updated List of CESA Commitments
Morgan Thomas - Coastal Carolina University
Sarah Morabito - Gardner-Webb University
Sarah Schaidle - College of Charelston
Alice Blackwell - Presbyterian College
Katie Tate - University of Southern California
Alysa Shearer - Lander University
Molly Harpe - Erskine College
Stephanie Gauthier - Lander University
Rae Wilson - University of South Carolina
Emily Kellam - UNC Wilmington
Casey Craft - College of Charleston
Claire Hodge - Furman University
Cassie Smith - Newberry College
Emily Brown - Erskine College
Macy Hayes - Lander University
Katie Douglas - Marquette University
Bradley Bugg - Coastal Carolina University
Ryan Goodwin - University of South Carolina
Byron Quinatoa - Presbyterian College
Matt Sluga - Erskine College
Thomas Valikonis - Georgia Southern University
Thomas Winstead - College of Charleston
Devon Dorn - North Greenville University
Taylor Varney - Coastal Carolina University
Manning Rushton - Presbyterian College
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 02/21/09 08:42 PM
Nice Article..Good Luck

http://www.moultrienews.com/sports/Shumberger-ready-to-take-the-next-step
Posted By: Hatem Ben Arfa Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 02/21/09 08:48 PM
Quote:

Nice Article..Good Luck

http://www.moultrienews.com/sports/Shumberger-ready-to-take-the-next-step

Tell me again why he could not cut it at Wando HS?
Posted By: Talon Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 02/21/09 09:11 PM
From comments section of the Moultrie News:

Comment Title: Fact check

This player has never played in a varsity game for Wando. His parents pulled him from the team after the 1st scrimmage in 2008. Neither he or his brother play on the current Wando team. This article is insulting to the many area players who actually follow the rules, put in their time in both club and high school soccer and play in college.
Posted By: Eagle#7 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 03/31/09 03:51 PM
Erik Mozzo from Beaufort High School has signed a letter of intent to play for St.Leo in Florida.
Posted By: wino Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/19/09 11:29 AM
E7 why not u play still young e nuf 2 try out walk on u will b mad if u dont give it a shot, like ronaldo did from 40, hope all is good, brother still playin?
Posted By: Coach H2O Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/20/09 01:25 AM
From South Aiken:

Bret Van Pelt--USC-Aiken
Chad Christensen-- USC-Sumter
Dan Riley-- Lander
Michael Poole-- USC-Aiken
Posted By: Eagle#7 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/20/09 03:57 AM
I'll should be playing next fall at Virginia Intermont College under coach and former 2-time all-american Robert Sessejemba. I'll be attending the school just sitting this season out because of school related problems.
Posted By: Young Jeezy Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/20/09 01:11 PM
Nobody knows who you are.
Posted By: Eagle#7 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/20/09 05:15 PM
you trying to insult me? By the way i was talking to WINO... since he seems to know me, but i have no idea who he is. i was just letting him know how my soccer career is going.
Posted By: ARichardsonSC Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/21/09 11:29 PM
USC Sumter 2009 Men's Committments (as of 4.21.09)

- Chris Brett, Lewisville
- Jason Faile, Andrew Jackson
- Justin Keys, Fort Dorchester
- Chris Kiffer, Fort Dorchester
- Matt Mitchell, St. James
- Ryan Nobbs, Fort Dorchester
- Michael Swanson, Stratford
Posted By: ARichardsonSC Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/28/09 04:30 PM
USC Sumter 2009 Men's Commitments (as of 4.28.09)

- LaVance Washington, Blythewood
- William Wescott, Sumter
Posted By: cockdaddy Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/28/09 04:47 PM
Gabrielle Fennell, Wren High School Forward, 91 ODP and CESA 90 Challenge player signs with Gardner-Webb University
Posted By: ARichardsonSC Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/29/09 06:33 PM
USC Sumter 2009 Men's Commitment (as of 4.29.09)

- Kyle McEwan, Irmo
Posted By: Bebe Le Strange Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/29/09 06:49 PM
congrats to Kyle on becoming a Fireant
Posted By: Shrink Rapp Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/30/09 12:15 PM
Well done Kyle ! Sumter will be a threat next season!
Posted By: ran Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 04/30/09 04:53 PM
FDHS trio signed to play at USC-Sumter
Chris Kifer (08 grad)
Justin Keys
Ryan Nobbs

Good luck boys. Summerville Journal Scene
Posted By: retired AF Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 05/02/09 02:36 PM
James Lobbestael, Summerville, has signed to play at North Greenville
Posted By: soccerboy26 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 05/02/09 03:24 PM
WOW usc sumter is gonna be sick with Kyle Mcwean he is one of the best forwards in the state ..top three. cant wait to see him do work at the d1 level also .. congrats
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 05/02/09 06:33 PM
Mike Valencia -Bellmont Abby College
Posted By: local Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 05/03/09 12:02 AM
Porter Massey from James Island committed to USC Upstate
Posted By: ARichardsonSC Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 05/21/09 09:14 PM
Rico Jackson, Brookland-Cayce -- USC Sumter
Posted By: Tony King Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 05/26/09 07:34 PM
Alexis Allen, Blythewood has committed to SC State

tk
Posted By: BigSoccerFan Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 06/08/09 02:24 AM
Alex Shaw - Brevard College from Mauldin
Posted By: Former Ram Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 06/08/09 02:33 AM
Amber Wengerd - Westside High

Signed with Anderson University to play for the Lady Trojans.
Posted By: BigSoccerFan Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 06/08/09 02:37 AM
Heard UNC in NC.
Posted By: cockdaddy Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 06/08/09 08:51 PM
Jordan Trotter Wren Lady Canes Goalie
Signed with Anderson University
Posted By: Eagle#7 Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 06/18/09 09:05 PM
cockdaddy?!?! just doesn't sound right. haha. jk.
Posted By: cockdaddy Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 06/22/09 03:17 PM
sorry daddy of a gamecock, puns 4 fun you know, thks
Posted By: cur le d'fhocal Re: 2009 College Commitments ... - 10/29/09 08:29 PM
How are their programs doing this year?
Boy's 2009 Soccer Commitment List
South Carolina Men’s D1 List

LAST, FIRST, COMMITMENT, NSCAA Rank / RPI, LEAGUE, POSITION, TEAM
Martinez, Enzo, UNC Chapel Hill, #3 NSCAA, ACC, F, DSC
Belair, Bobby, Brown University, #20 NSCAA, Ivy, M/D, BridgeFA
Shumberger, Brendan, Iona College, #22 NSCAA, MAAC, GK, BridgeFA

Eads, Randall, Winthrop, 83 RPI, Big South, M, BridgeFA
Grim, Taylor, Woffard, 87 RPI, Southern, D, DSC