SC Soccer
Posted By: HeTakesPictures World Cup - Newbie Questions - 06/12/10 02:30 PM
I had a couple questions and figured there were others out there that are sort of new to World Cup Soccer. So, I thought I would start a new subject line and get them answered by some of the smartest bloggers in the history of Soccer

Question 1: What is that constant humming sound that I keep hearing (in all the matches)

Question 2: Is the Center ref wearing a wireless ear piece.
And if so, who is he listening to?
Posted By: SoccerPOP9194 Re: World Cup - Newbie Questions - 06/12/10 02:40 PM
Quote:

Question 1: What is that constant humming sound that I keep hearing (in all the matches)

At this years world cup (and most other matches) it is a horn called a vuvuzela.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuvuzela
Posted By: The Hammer Re: World Cup - Newbie Questions - 06/12/10 02:49 PM
1. Vuvuzela
2. Asst. Referees / 4th official
Posted By: Bazza Re: World Cup - Newbie Questions - 06/12/10 09:25 PM
The Hammer: Your goalkeeper was blowing something today, but it wasn't bubbles. Maybe it was the game for England!!
Posted By: Chapindad Re: World Cup - Newbie Questions - 06/14/10 06:38 PM
You think they could use a noise cancellation and remove that from the TV feed. The buzzing is rather annoying....
Posted By: bestofthebest Re: World Cup - Newbie Questions - 06/14/10 11:14 PM
i love the buzzing!!! makes me feel like im really there!!!
Posted By: Soccer_Troll Re: World Cup - Newbie Questions - 06/15/10 12:11 AM
Quote:

You think they could use a noise cancellation and remove that from the TV feed. The buzzing is rather annoying....

I am offended by the noise. However, since I'm a white/male/Christian, nobody cares.
Posted By: Alma Merengue Re: World Cup - Newbie Questions - 06/16/10 12:29 PM
I find the vuvuzelas extremely annoying and the first time i heard those things was here in the usa on a friendly match.

i dont think they are going away thought, kind of sad, but i can still live with the noise.

i think nothing in sports is more annoying than 1,000 time outs and commercial breaks. vuvuzelas are nothing compared to that, simply the most annoying thing ever, can we ban both? that would be awesome.
© SC Soccer