SC Soccer
Posted By: The Hammer Champions League Draw - 12/17/10 01:54 PM
Arsenal to face Barcelona!

Champions League first round draw
Posted By: Alma Merengue Re: Champions League Draw - 12/17/10 09:14 PM
i like inter-bayern.

even thought i enjoy watching nasri, arsenal is about to get destroyed.

hoping jose has the boys ready.
Posted By: Damaris Re: Champions League Draw - 12/20/10 06:43 PM
i don't know why uefa bothers with a draw anymore

inter-bayern
lyon-real madrid
arsenal-barcelona
chelsea-small-team-until-they-get-to-the-semis

i'm sure everyone saw this coming
Posted By: SpacemanSpiff Re: Champions League Draw - 02/15/11 02:21 PM
Who will survive the Round of 16?

England (4)
Arsenal
Chelsea
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur

Italy (3)
AC Milan
AS Roma
Internazionale

Spain (3)
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Valencia

France (2)
Lyon
Marseille

Germany (2)
Bayern Munich
Schalke 04

Denmark (1)
FC Copenhagen

Ukraine (1)
Shakhtar Donetsk
Posted By: Marcus H. Re: Champions League Draw - 02/15/11 02:31 PM
I'M MORE OF A LA LIGA MAN MYSELF. REAL MADRID ALL THE WAY!!!
Posted By: sG Re: Champions League Draw - 02/15/11 11:16 PM
JUMPING JEHOSHAPHAT IM EXCITED!!! ONE TIME MAN U ONE TIME LETS GO!!!
Posted By: Marcus H. Re: Champions League Draw - 02/16/11 06:32 PM
Quote:

JUMPING JEHOSHAPHAT IM EXCITED!!! ONE TIME MAN U ONE TIME LETS GO!!!

#245 - USING THE TERM "JUMPING JEHOSHAPAT"
Posted By: Ray Finkel Re: Champions League Draw - 02/16/11 08:48 PM

Which list does this belong to? White?
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Champions League Draw - 02/16/11 09:34 PM
FT: Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona
HT: Arsenal 0-1 Barcelona

UP THE GUNNERS!
Posted By: Marcus H. Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 01:17 AM
Quote:

Which list does this belong to? White?

WHAT LIST DO YOU THINK MOTHER#$#%#$%?
Posted By: Damaris Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 01:24 AM
ehhhhhh we dominated the game, deserved more. messi wasn't offside and that pedro penalty--ah well. hopefully we'll have puyol back for the second leg (curse you pique!) and it's at home, so i fully expect progression.
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 01:53 AM
...don't get me wrong, Barcalona is good, but look at the teams they play. There are 2 GREAT teams in la Liga. The rest are from poor to decent. Its almost like the Serie A. All arsenal has to do is score 2 goals. They are hot right now, Van Persie, Nasri, Walcott, Fabregas, I could name the whole team.
Posted By: Ray Finkel Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 12:12 PM

WHAT LIST DO YOU THINK MOTHER#$#%#$%?

#220 Over usage of the words Mother#$#$#$% for example, see Samuel L. Jackson.
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 04:37 PM
Barca Bustas go down in defeat!! Love it!
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 05:04 PM
The rest of La Liga and Serie A are poor to decent?

You're either English or another American who's fooled by the EPL propaganda paid for by ESPN and FSC?

I can almost guarantee you never watch those leagues and, if you do, then you're not someone who understands the game. Which is it?

And, how is the "rest" of the EPL after the usual 4-5 teams? Poor to decent? Or, much better then that?

Please answer those questions.
Posted By: SpacemanSpiff Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 05:30 PM
Quote:

The rest of La Liga and Serie A are poor to decent?

You're either English or another American who's fooled by the EPL propaganda paid for by ESPN and FSC?

I can almost guarantee you never watch those leagues and, if you do, then you're not someone who understands the game. Which is it?

And, how is the "rest" of the EPL after the usual 4-5 teams? Poor to decent? Or, much better then that?

Please answer those questions.

La Liga Champions, 1990-present:
10, Barcelona - 10, 09, 06, 05, 99, 98, 94, 93, 92, 91
6, Real Madrid - 08, 07, 03, 01, 97, 95
2, Valencia - 04, 02
1, Deportiva de La Coruna - 00
1, Atletico Madrid - 95

Historically (51 of 77 titles won by two clubs):
31 - Real Madrid
20 - Barcelona
9 - Atletico Madrid
8 - Athletic Club
6 - Valencia
2 - Real Sociedad
1 - Deportivo de La Coruna, Real Betis, Sevilla
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 05:50 PM
I'm more of a La Liga man myself...Some of you suckas need to watch more of it than watching that glorified boomball aka The Prem!
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 06:14 PM
The nature in Europe is every country has only a few clubs with money capable of winning titles. But, that doesn't mean the rest is "poor to decent."
Posted By: Marcus H. Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 06:22 PM
Quote:

I'm more of a La Liga man myself...Some of you suckas need to watch more of it than watching that glorified boomball aka The Prem!

I HEAR YA B. WE GOTTA STICK TOGETHER IN THESE SKREETS BECAUSE ALL THESE HATERS OUT HERE REPPIN THEIR PREMIERSHIP SQUADS.

VIVA LA LIGA
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 07:28 PM
Why thank you Spaceman, point proven. The premier league is full of teams that are better than all but MAYBE 4 consistantly good teams. Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool (whether its a good season or not), Newcastle, Stoke City, Sunderland, Everton, Fulham...All of those teams are better than 90% of the the teams in La Liga.
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: Champions League Draw - 02/17/11 08:04 PM
Hold on, timeout. Are you talking this season? Or, history? You can't have it both ways.
Posted By: Damaris Re: Champions League Draw - 02/18/11 05:04 AM
Quote:

...don't get me wrong, Barcalona is good, but look at the teams they play. There are 2 GREAT teams in la Liga. The rest are from poor to decent. Its almost like the Serie A. All arsenal has to do is score 2 goals. They are hot right now, Van Persie, Nasri, Walcott, Fabregas, I could name the whole team.

You say that as if Valencia didn't bring it to Man Utd earlier this year. You say that as if Bilbao, Atletico and Villarreal are only "decent" teams. I guarantee those four teams would be able upset the power balance in the EPL. And obviously you've never seen Espanyol or their ilk park the bus against Barcelona--just because our wins look easy doesn't mean they are.

Also, the Serie A title race this year is just as exciting as the EPL one, if not more so. I'm pulling for Napoli personally.

Quote:

Why thank you Spaceman, point proven. The premier league is full of teams that are better than all but MAYBE 4 consistantly good teams. Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool (whether its a good season or not), Newcastle, Stoke City, Sunderland, Everton, Fulham...All of those teams are better than 90% of the the teams in La Liga.

You do know Atletico beat Liverpool and Fulham in the Europa league last year...right?
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Champions League Draw - 02/18/11 12:40 PM
Yes, teams have up and down years, my point is just that consistently there are 2 teams that run La Liga.
Posted By: kickinit70 Re: Champions League Draw - 02/18/11 01:24 PM
Exactly. EPL has 3 teams that "run" their league. About the same. Of 18 EPL titles, 17 to those 3 teams (11 to Manchester United, 3 to Arsenal and 3 to Chelsea). ALL European leagues are the same. A few teams at top, with money, who win.

But after that? No way EPL is stronger then Serie A and La Liga. The farther down you get, the more home grown players on teams. And, there is no comparison between Italian and Spanish players v English players. None. The history of the country's players developed and international success (or in case of the English, lack there of) backs that up.
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Champions League Draw - 02/18/11 07:10 PM
No like seriously don't go look up stats just for your argument. Because Liverpool isn't good, Everton isn't good, Newcastle isn't good. Sure Lionel Messi snd Cristiano Ronaldo score tons of goals, but that is because there isn't much competition. Premier league: Alan Shearer, 260 goals in the premier league. Nationality: English. Andrew Cole, 187 goals in the premier league. Nationality: English. Robbie Fowler, Les Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, oh yeah and this kid named Michael Owen, Stephen Gerrard, John Terry, Wayne Rooney: All English. I guess English players aren't as good as spanish or italian...
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Champions League Draw - 02/18/11 11:10 PM
If you're judging based on international competition...no, English players are not as good.
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Champions League Draw - 02/18/11 11:25 PM

After watching the match twice now, I have to post this link to my "Man of the Match", Jack Wilshere - all 19 years of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W8Ie4MyRX0

He definitely subscribes to the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid). His 1-2 touches are outstanding against the consensus "best team in the world"!

I found it funny that after the match he had to ask Cesc Fabregas for the jerseys of Messi and Xavi .

Up the Gunners!
© SC Soccer