SC Soccer
This is great news since the U.S. is coming off its' best World Cup showing ever!

ESPN Article on Bruce Arena's New U.S. Contract
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bruce Arena Closer to Signing New U.S. Deal - 07/10/02 07:34 PM
Kyle,
I heard he will be asking for 1 Million per year, guaranteed. And he will get it. Probably not guaranteed. Do you think he is worth that?
Jim, I absolutely believe that Arena deserves 1 million per year. In comparison to our other "national sports" -- 1 million dollars is about the going rate for top professional coaches. I believe if we don't make Bruce our head coach through 2006, we will definitely take a step backwards.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bruce Arena Closer to Signing New U.S. Deal - 07/10/02 08:40 PM
I agree that Bruce does deserve to be compensated well. He's a proven winner. National Championships at UVA, MLS cups, and now he has the USA performing consistantly well. He's also not afraid to go with youthful players, as opposed to the old regulars. He fields who is the best team. Hopefully he will learn from the Agoos nightmares in the Cup. We definitely have better defenders available. Anyways......show him the money!!!!
© SC Soccer