SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 05:59 PM
Hey Guys, I'm a new member, but I've been reading in this forum for a while.

I'm "mexican" or hispanic.

I was reading the other day a really interesting topic about Hispanic players. To be honest I did not like some of the stuff I read, and some others were just very funny.

I've been in this country for 5 years. This is a beatiful country, the best economy in the world! Soccer is very organized. Soccer has a great future in the US.

To undestand soccer better you guys have to know some key terms.

Nationals

1.Brasil (best team)
2.Argentina (coolest team)
3.Italy (best strategy)
4.Germany (physically strong)
5.Uruguay (Fist one to win a WC)
6.Holand (best youth soccer)
7.England (richest club ManU)
8.Mexico (best in our region)

Clubs

1.Madrid (best of the best)
2.Milan (3 continentals)
3.Juve (the old lady)
4.Barcelona (Ronaldinho)
5.Boca Jr and River Plate (best skill)
6.Santos and Sao Paulo (best individuals)
7.Chelsea (maurinho)
8. ManU (money, ronaldo, ronney, nistelroy)

Players

1.Mardona (best player ever)
2.Pele (most titles)
3.Franz Beckenbauer (great leader)
4. Ronaldo (best player now)
5. Zidane (best European player ever)
6. Ronaldinho (best skills)

Clubs Leagues

Champions League
Concacaf Championchip (Pumas 5 DC 0)
Copa Libertadores

It does matter where you're from; A player from the Central America practice to beat Mexico or USA one day.

A player from Brasil or Argentina practice to go to Madrid, win the world cup...

US Soccer?

Great future, a lot of talent;

Eddie Johnson
Fredy Adu
Landon Donovan
Damarcus Beasly

MLS? Is boring... all they do is "kick a ball"

all they do is pass, run, and kick... that's boring! I'm sorry but MLS is boring.

This the opinion from a "mexican." I hope none of you guys get mad, I know there is a lot of Coaches in here, so I tried to respect everybody.

Good Luck Americans, in a few years we will be watching "street soccer" in ESPN, and we will see the USA playing the world final againts Brasil or Argentina.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 06:25 PM
Are you real?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 06:28 PM
Great stuff, and goog thinking FENOMENO!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 06:31 PM
About MLS being boring i would have to agree with you about this, but I think it is improving greatly. At this point of time European and South American soccer is much more interesting to watch on TV due to the great level of individual skill. I have been watching alot of the MLS over the past few years and have to say they are getting a lot more international players and more players with individual skill. The game in MLS is alot slower than other places in the world but I think everyone who watches it would have to say that it is improving.

About Real Madrid being the best of the best, there is no doubt that the have most of the top players right now, but (you might have to correct me on this) they are not doing to hot right now are they?
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 06:42 PM
MLS??????? Yikes.

I watched the KC - DC match on Saturday and I'm still upset that I didn't turn on the Penn Relays instead.

Looking forward to tomorrow's All-England Champions League second leg semi-final.

No Brown Ale.....but lots of great football.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 06:45 PM
Easy buddy easy.......as for the "list"......I am not to certain that PELE wasn't the best ever!

PS No Brown Ale.......you must be mad!!!!

Your name sake was quite a player!!!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 06:48 PM
I suffered through the KC/DC match as well.. thoroughly depressing match to watch.. made me feel even worse because I had defended MLS in the Professional/International Forum not too long ago.

Bottom line.. soccer on TV is good enough for me.. it's better than watching poker or arm wrestling..or any of the other stupid things ESPN/FSN puts on..
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 07:18 PM
Shearer,

Sir Geoffrey would appreciate tomorrow's match, even though the brown bottlers aren't participating.

Did you see Game of Their Lives yet? A little slow, but great footie footage. (Sorry the English are portrayed as such....could have been worse....have you seen The Patriot?)

;>)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 07:23 PM
Yeah Real Madrid is not doing too good.

Is because their coach was not good enough at the beginning and their defense is still a caos. Some people is getting old too.

Figo and Zidane have a few more years to play. I think Beckam is not a Madrid type of player.

Madrid is a team of titles, no many people can go to Madrid and start. I'll tell you who may go to Madrid and will probably start;

Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
Nistelroy (Holland)
Toti (Italy)
Robinho (Brasil)
Ballack (Germany)
Ronaldinho (Brasil)
Riquelme (Argetina)

Other than that, anybod would go to the bench even Henry. Even though they haven't been doing good because of their defense and Coach. Madrid is just history. They still have Ronaldo who is unestoppable! They also have a new Brasilian Coach, they will be good againts next year.

Any more questions?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 09:58 PM
Hm, I'd say it is EXTREMELY unlikely Ronaldinho goes to Real Madrid, Chelsea and AC Milan are the two strongest clubs at the moment (my honest opinion), Brazil is still the top dog nationally, and oh yeah Ronaldinho was voted World-player-of the-year while Shevchenko got the European "Golden Ball." Yeah sorry a little off-topic but had to say what I thought.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 11:20 PM
those of you who watched the KC/DC game on saturday this was the worst MLS game to ever watch. You should have seen the Chicago Columbos game on later that night. Much better
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/02/05 11:25 PM
another future player in the MLS that will be very good is Clint Dempsey, he is going to be very good.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/03/05 03:36 AM
I've actually been reading that Madrid is looking at getting rid of Figo and seeing if they can pick up the Brazilian, Adriano, from Inter Milan. He's playing really well right now and they'd love to have him in Spain. I've also heard that they're looking at being done with Beckham. He's expensive and they are unsure of how much he contributes to the team. But he's a well known face and puts a lot of people in the stands so you never know.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/03/05 03:41 AM
WOW~!!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/03/05 03:44 AM
.. if only there were a forum here for us to discuss College, Professional, and/or International soccer/futbol..
Posted By: Bazza Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/03/05 12:54 PM
Interesting thread. Must disagree with the best ever player in Pele. The best ever player was a man called George Best, once acknowledged by Pele himself as the greatest ever player. If you ever get a chance to see video of him, he was phenomenal.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/04/05 04:49 AM
Some of the answers.

Madrid is Madrid, they'll come back again.

Ronaldihho is just fantasy, he is the one that brings people to the stadiuns. I love to wactching play. But the real deal is Ronaldo. I don't think Brasil would win anything without Ronaldo. He is the big dog.

I know who "Best" was, I've seen videos. I still have to see something more impresive from Pele.

Show me a video where Pele, or Best took the whole theam and score in a world cup level game... then you tell me that Maradona wasn't the best!

Watch the best goal ever; Maradona took the whole british squad and score.

Watch Ronaldo when he was younger... Brasil is all about Ronaldo.

Watch a Boca Jr-River game...

Then you tell me what futbol is all about.

Thanks again, as I said, "we will love to watch USA playing a world championship againts Brazil or Argentina."

By the way, this world is going to be Brazil, next one is Argentina is coming up very strong.
Posted By: Bazza Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/03/05 06:26 PM
Maradonna did not take the whole British squad and score. First of all Britain is made up of 4 countries; England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. All 4 were not on the field in the game you refer to. Only the England squad were involved, but since FIFA only allows 11 of the squad on the field at one time, he cannot have gone through the whole squad!! He did not even go through the whole 11 on the field as I remember it, maybe 3 or 4 at most.
Also if the ability to dribble through multiple players and score was the only criteria for judging the best player ever, then Ryan Giggs would have a shout, as he ran through most of the Arsenal team in 1999 in the FA Cup semi-final. Clearly Giggs is not the best player ever!!There is a lot more to look at than that.
It also appears now that Maradonna may have been chemically enhanced during some of his later performances!! Certainly when he was dithering on about the "hand of God" when he cheated and scored on England with a handball.
As for the next World Cup, the USA will go further than people think and were unlucky to go out against Germany last time out. Engalnd will have a good chance too.!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/03/05 06:31 PM
Get that lame A@@ Bazza~!!!! What a fool. Tell you what I would take Pele and Best(didn't he drink a lot) ove Maradonna and Ronaldo any day of the week. Maradonna/Ronaldo are/were ALWAYS hurt!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/03/05 07:10 PM
Hey don't get mad... don't get offended either. I'm "mexican" so I know Americans should have a lot of respetct... but hey hello this is futbol.

Lets talk about some futbol.

Do any drug you want to and go to play pro basketball, you think you gone be that good?

Maradona was a bad guy, everybody knows that, but no doubt he was the best...

Check out some videos and compare Maradona en Pele... Pele had a whole team full of big players, tostao, rivelino, garrincha... Maradona was the only big start in Argentina when they won the World Cup in 1986.

Maradona's goal in a World Cup game... he took at least 8 people, the greates goal ever!

Giggs? Who is that? Who is ManU anyways? Who is Wales anyways?

You cannot compare Arsenal with a World Cup level soccer match... never... who is Arsenal anyways?

Here is a thing... compare Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, you can watch some videos, then compare Pele (who never went to play to Europe) and Maradona; who conquered Italy and Spain with his talent.

Now Chelsea is the one that is making a differences, they have a lot of money and they have a good coach. Other than that Premier League never had any recognition from any hispanic country...

After you watch a game where; Boca Jr, River Plate, Santos, Sao Paolo, Once Caldas, America, Cruz Azul.... that's when you'll have enough arguments.

European futbol would be nothing without South Americans... nothing. I put it this way.

America needs to show some more love and passion for the game, you need some "street soccer" on ESPN, real soccer players in High School, not kids that play soccer because is "cool."

Thanks and good luck America. Don't get me wrong, America is moving fast. I'm fortunated I'm here to see America go big.
Posted By: Bazza Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/04/05 01:04 PM
Fenomeno, your ignorance is quite staggering!! I need a couple of Carlsbergs just to readjust after reading your post.
Who is Giggs? He plays for Manchester United.
Who is ManU?? they are the biggest club on the planet.
Who is Wales?? IT is a country my friend, look at a map.
Who is Arsenal?? They are one of the best teams in Europe and incidentally when United beat them in 1999 in the FA Cup they had 4 members of the France team that won the World Cup the year before!!! By the way, their is a team called Arsenal in the top ten of the Argentinian League right now, although I'm sure you know that right???
Chelsea is making differences???
Oh yeah, the Chelsea that Liverpool beat last night, That Chelsea??
Without South Americans European football would not have diving, spitting and dirty tackles from behind, Thanks a lot for that.

And by the way, Brazil is not hispanic, the people their are of Portugese ancestry, which happens to be a European country.
Maradonna also owns the record for the most ephedrine consumed during a World Cup Tournament and I believe he is now the fattest ex-player in the world!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/04/05 05:35 PM
Ignorant? Is that the best you can do? You call somebody ignorant because he knows more than you do...

Giggs? decent player from ManU, nothing big.

ManU? Richest team in the world... won the Champions league a once or a few times.

Arsenal? Did they ever won anything but the Premier League? Sorry but I just can't remember, when it comes to talking "the best of the best" Arsenal is missing somewhere!

Wales? I though their biggest sport was rugby? Do they have soccer team?

George Best? Is he from England? If I wouldn't come to the US I would never hear about that dude...

Brazil is not a hispanic country... I though I said South American... that's what the real deal is, that's where soccer is a passion, and where the best soccer players come from.

Here is a list where George Best would never fit it;

Maradona (Ar)
Pele (Bra)
Rivelino(Bra)
Tostao (Bra)
Garrincha (Bra)
Romario (Bra)
Rivaldo (Bra)
Batistuta (Ar)
Kempes (Ar)
Di Stefano (Ar)
Hugo Sanchez (Mex)
Zamorano (Chi)
Pekerman (Ar)
Jorge Gonzales (ES)
Enzo Franchescoli (Ur)
Roberto Carlos (Bra)

Maradona "God of Futbol"
Pele "King of Futbol"
Franchescoli "Prince of futbol"
Gonzales "The Magic"

Just a few names of people that made fubol THE BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD... PEOPLE THAT PACK STADIUMS OF 160,000 PEOPLE...

Europeans?

Puskas, Platini, Beckenbauer, Van Basten, Roberto Baggio, Dino Sof, Paolo Rossi, Giussepe Meazza, Franco Baressi, Paolo Maldini.

The only people from England I ever hear of was; David Platt, Sheringan, Shearer, Owen, and Beckam..

I don't think any of them ever won anything but a Premier Championship... did George Best won a world cup? Sorry my ignorance...

Maradona was always hurt, Ronaldo is always hurt? That is the only way EUROPEANS CAN STOP THEM...

Sorry man, you have give up. England invented soccer, but South Americans took it to a different level...

That's futbol man, the real deal.

It was nice sharing some knowledge with you body, I hope next time you better prepared.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/04/05 06:37 PM
I don't want you sharing anything w/ my "body"
Posted By: Bazza Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/04/05 06:46 PM
For your info, South America has won 9 World Cups and Europe 8. In the Toyota Inter-Continental Cup which brings together the UEFA Champions League Winners with the winners of the equivalent Cup in South America, European teams have won it 12 times and South American 12 times. Seems that the levels are about the same.There are great players on both continents but South America is not the best in the world!
I tried to find out what year Mexico won it and I'll be darned if I can find it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/04/05 07:23 PM
we are not talking about individual countries here "Bazza", we are talking about a whole entire soccer cultures. And Fenomeno, eventhough I agree with you on most of the facts, i would have to say that you left an English player out of the list, that is Sir Bobby Charlton, who won the World cup in England.
And that is right, what woul Europe be with out the Latin Flare??

wan to take a guess??

well, NOTHING, and they know it, that is why every year there are disputes between the BIGGEST European clubs to sign all these player from South America. South American players are the most expenssive in the world(and Figo and Zidane), that is why right now Chelse is offering $100,000,000 euros (enough zeros??)to Inter Milan for Adriano (who by the way is a Latin Player). "Just some facts"
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/04/05 07:23 PM
SORRY FOR THE LITTLE "TYPO"!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/04/05 08:03 PM
I love this topic.

The last continental cups I believe;

Boca Jrs. beats Madrid
Boca Jrs. beats Milan

Europeans clubs are big becasue of their South American players...

Madrid: Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Solari, Samuel.

Barcelona: Ronaldinho, Marquez (Mexico), Mezzy, Lopez.

Milan: Kaka, Cafu, Crespo, Dida, Serginho.

Juventus: Olivera, Zalayeta, Montero, Trezeguet, Emerson.

ManU: Heinze, that's probably why they almost never win anything but the Premiere.

I can list so many players...

Europe is like that;

When it comes to nationals; Italy and Germany. Sometimes France and England come out strong, Holland too, Spain is always decent.

Clubs;

1.Madrid
2.Milan
3.Juventus
4.Barcelona
5.ManU
6.Bayer
7.Borusia
8.Maybe Arsenal or Liverpool

As you can see England is just the "money maker" other than, they never bring anything big to the "futbol" community.

I'm not Mexican, but there is nothing wrong with being from Mexico, it just a country where Natives where treated different... Mexico always wins the Concacaf Championship. They won the American Cup once going through all those South American contries including Brazil and Argentina.

You have any idea who Hugo Sanchez was? You know who Rafael Marquez is?

Mexican clubs are only behin Argentinians and Brasilians, Mexicans clubs pack stadiums and their soccer players get paid just as much as many Europeans...

I though Pumas defeated DC United 5-0 de other day in the Concacaf Champions League. What do you think about that?

I don't care if you're an American or from England, you either have to respect or recognize that you don't have enough arguments to keep up with this conversation. Sorry man, next time.

By the way, English is my second language, I like the correction of the language, it your capacity of intelectual "stradegies" when it comes to debating. If it was in Spanish all you would would be just read, learn, and be quite.

Again, thanks for the "hospitality" and for the respect you show. I can tell the level of education you have.

Have a good one, and next time you challenge a Latino, Mexican, Hispanic, in futbol, make sure you know a lot...

Later
Posted By: futbol09 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/04/05 08:23 PM
I agree with you Fenomeno mexicos clubs are just as good as any other clubs around the world! Hugo Sanchez was a great player and as of my knowledge he is the only player from north america to make it on real madrid! And Rafael Marquez is another player Madrid is looking at! So that makes two players ever to make it on the dream team! (Both from mexico)!!!!
Posted By: Bazza Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/05/05 01:24 PM
Hate to tell you this but on the list of Latin players that you say make Juventus so great, you listed Trezeguet. He is FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!! Plays for the french national team.
However, bottom line is, you think South American football is best, I think European is best. There are good players and clubs on both continents and many great players have been left out in this discussion: Daniel Passarella, Jorge Valdano, Claudio Caneja form South America and Luigi Riva, Gianni Rivera, Bobby Moore from Europe. The longer you think about it, the more names come to mind. It's an argument that can never be resolved definitively.
Lets just agree to enjoy watching them battle it out on the field. Good luck to Liverpool in the Champions League and roll on Germany 2006, for which, I am happy to say, I have tickets!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/06/05 04:46 AM
Fenomeno,

Whats the big fascination with Madrid. They have not won a champions league or a domestic title for quite a while. 2001-champions league. 2002-Domestic league. If you are talking historically, then it is different. However they are right now, NOT the best club team in the world. In my opinion AC Milan can hold that honor for conisitently being near the top in there domestic league and nearly always making the latter stages of European competitions.

You said that you would never of heard of George Best for you not being in America. Well obviously you havent seen him play either. He was a genius.

I do respect South American and Mexican soccer. Some of the greatest players to have played the game are from there. However it is importnat to know that the European club system helped mould these players into the greats they are today. Kaka, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho would not be where they are today if they hadnt spent time in europe learning tactical and discipline aspects that have rounded there "rough edges" into polished diamonds. The same will happen with Diego (porto) and Robinho when he finally moves to Madrid. Its no surprise that Tevez's move to Corinthians has not been a resounding success.

Seeing as you have thrown out opinions about who were and are the greatest players. I will share mine (in no particular order):

Top forwards in The world:

Schevchenko (Ukraine & AC Milan)
Ronaldo (Brasil & Real Madrid)
Adriano (Brasil & Inter)
Henry (France & Arsenal)
Rooney (England & Man Utd
Ronaldinho (Brasil & Barcelona)
Etoo (Cameroon & Barcelona)
Van Nistelrooy (Holland & Man Utd)
Trezeguet (France & Juventus)
Tevez (Argentina & Corinthians)
Vieri (Italy & Inter)
Cassano (Italy & Roma)
Robinho (Brasil & Santos)

Top Midfielders in the World:

Lampard (England & Chelsea)
Gerrard (England & Chelsea)
Robben (Holland & Chelsea)
Ronaldo (Portugal & Man Utd)
Deco (Portugal & Barcelona)
Totti (Italy & Roma)
Kaka (Brasil & AC Milan)
Davids (Holland & Inter)
Aimar (Argentina & Valencia)
Viera (France & Arsenal)
Reyes (Spain & Arsenal)
Pires (France & Arsenal)
Beckham (England & Real Madrid)
Ballack (Germany & Bayern)
Emerson (Brasil & Juventus)
Nedved (Czech Rep & Juventus)
Gattuso (Italy & Milan)
Diego (Brasil & Porto)

Top Defenders in the World:

Ferdinand (England & Man Utd)
Nesta (Italy & AC Milan)
Cannavaro (Italy & Juventus)
Stam (Holland & AC Milan)
Terry (England & Chelsea)
Campbell (England & Arsenal)
Cole (England & Arsenal)
Samuel (Argentina & Real Madrid)
Ayala (Argentina & Valencia)
Cafu (Brasil & AC Milan)
Marquez (Mexico & Barcelona)
Carlos (Brasil & Real Madrid)
Zambrotta (Italy & Juventus)
Thuram (France & Juventus)
Puyol (Spain & Barcelona)

Obviously im sure i've left some out.

Top 5 players ever (in order)
1. Pele
2. Garrincha
3. George Best
4. Johan Cruyff
5. Beckenbauer

Note that nowhere in this post have i told you your opinions on players are wrong, i respect them, however do not belittle European nations or players just because they do not conform (in your opinion) to the "futbol" ethic.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/05/05 05:12 PM
Stevie G plays for LEEVERPOOH if I am not mistaken.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/05/05 05:35 PM
Blimey Shearer pal,

I make the longest post of me life and thats all you got to say!

Yes he does play for liverplop, but i will be signing him for the summer, so there you have an exclusive!
Posted By: Lowerstate4A Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/05/05 06:18 PM
What about GKs Jose. Do you not believe in them?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/05/05 06:41 PM
No you were pretty much spot on......I really don't see how you are going to pull that one off...Adriano maybe but not Stevie G.....What about your right back problem? Who do you buy? Why didn't glen johnson play?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/05/05 07:41 PM
You know what Mourinho... you do have a strong argument, you know a lot and you respect people. You already have my respect.

I saw a video with the best goals of George Best. He was just as good as Hugo Sanchez. I mean he was good.

I still left some more Europeans players out;

(sorry for spelling wrong, I only speak Spanish and some American English)

Jurgen Klisman (Ger)
Andreas Voaller (Ger)
Boddo Igner (Ger)
Kristo Stoickov (Bul)
Lothar Mattaus (Ger)
Rud Gullit (Ho)
Georgi Hagi (Ro)
Fernando Hierro (Sp)
Michael Ladrup (Den)

And so and so... I respect a lot of things you said but when it comes to talk "the best of the best."

You have to know what Madrid, Milan, Boca Jrs, River Plate, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, Juventus, have done for footcall.

"Best of the Best" means World Cup level, means UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, MEANS COPA LIBERTADORES. MEANS CONTITENTAL CUPS.

France have only win a World Cup Once! England only Once! Only in their countries!

The same with Arsenal or Chelsea in CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. I know that Manchester won it once or more than once so did Liverpol, but come on now... you know who the "The Best of the Best" are... if you ever talk to a Spanish, Italian, Brasilian, Argentinian, or Urguayan... they'll laugh at you... any South America, Spanish, Italian, hispanic, or "mexican" would just laugh... I'm honest man!

Just because Irmo does not win the State one year in SC High School, it does not means anything! They are still strong, they are still big, they still have pride! You can't take that away from an Irmo kid!

I've been playing soccer my whole life... a couple of national experience when I was a kid, played for a big club in the little leagues, and played some 6A schools in California... you want to talk to me about soccer? fubol? Football? Ok but come out with some good arguements.

Best of the Best top 5;

1. Brazil
2. Germany
3. Italy
4. Argentina
5. Don't know... it may be for Uruguay, or France.

Clubs;

What's my love for Madrid?

29 veces CAMPEÓN de LIGA
17 veces CAMPEÓN de la COPA de S.M. el Rey
9 veces CAMPEÓN COPA DE EUROPA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!
1 vez CAMPEÓN de la SUPERCOPA de Europa
1 vez CAMPEÓN de la COPA de la LIGA
2 veces CAMPEÓN de la COPA de la UEFA
7 veces CAMPEÓN SUPERCOPA ESPAÑA

IS THAT ENOUGH? http://www.realmadrid.com/palmares/portada_esp.htm

Players now?

1. Ronaldo (Bra)
2. Zidane (Fra)
3. Ronaldinho (Bra)
4. Roberto Carlos (Bra)
5. Paolo Maldini (Ita)

Coming up?

1. Ronaldinho
2. C. Ronaldo
3. Robinho
4. Riquelme
5. Maybe; Tevez, Rooney, Lampard, Torres, Aimar.

I remember some about Boby Charlton, I remember some about Steve McManaman too.

Best players ever... watch a video of Maradona and Ronaldo... after you do that, you tell me who is the best!

I even thing Ronaldo is better than Pele!

1. Maradona (you have to see videos)
2. Pele (3 world cups, nothing in Europe)
3. Ronaldo (watch videos)

Then we can mention a lot of players after that. I left out George Weah... the best African soccer player ever!

Treseguet was born in Argentina.

Again thanks, I'm learning a lot from some of you guys, I hope you guys learn some from me. Again thanks for those who use intelectual arguemtns and respect others.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/05/05 09:06 PM
Ok, i also respect what you are saying.

However you are mentioning alot of things in the past, you praise some clubs for having a past, then dismiss Liverpool and Man Utd for having arguably one of the finest traditions in Europe. Thats double standards.

You also seem to take lightly France's and England's world cup victories because they only won it once, and on home soil! Im sure alot of other countries including Mexico, Spain and Holland would love to have that honor. Dont forget Brasil got completley outclassed by France in 98.

From what i can read into your posts (and correct me if i am wrong) you seem to think South American soccer is far superior to European soccer.

I believe that although the two style of play are totally different to try and say which is best is impossible to do. They both bring totally different and wonderfull aspects to the great game.

I love watching Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay etc.. play. In Europe after a persons home country is out of a major tournament, the majority often root for Brasil because of there amazing flair and awesome soccer.

On a final note. Place your best South and Central American XI both past and present and i will place mine. Purely hypothetical, but i would hope you agree it would be a close call if they were to play in a dream match.

European Present XI

GK- Buffon (ITA and Juventus)

RB- Thuram (FRA and Juventus)
LB- Cole (ENG and Arsenal)
CB- Ferdinand (ENG and Man Utd)
CB- Nesta (ITA and AC Milan)

LW- Nedved (CZE and Juventus)
RW- Ronaldo (POR and Man Utd)
CM- Viera (FRA and Arsenal)
CM- Deco (POR and Barcelona)

SC- Henry (FRA and Arsenal)
SC- Schevchenko (UKR and AC Milan)

SUBS:
GK- Cech (CZE and Chelsea)
CB- Cannavaro (ITA and Juventus)
CM- Lampard (ENG and Chelsea)
RW/LW- Robben (HOL and Chelsea)
SC- Totti (ITA and Roma)

Europe Past XI

GK- Banks (ENG)

RB- Thuram (FRA)
LB- Maldini (ITA)
CB- Moore (ENG)
CB- Baresi (ITA)

RW- Puskas (HUN)
LW- Best (NIR)
CM- Beckenbauer (GER)
CM- Platini (FRA)

SC- Charlton (ENG)
SC- Muller (GER)

SUBS:
GK- Yashin (RUS)
CB/SW/CM- Hoddle (ENG)
CM- Gascoigne (ENG)
RW/LW- Finney (ENG)
SC- Van Basten (HOL)
Posted By: Steve Brown Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/05/05 10:15 PM
Wow, what a great thread. I am enlightened and humbled. Very diplomatic Jose.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/05/05 10:18 PM
Cool.

Walter Senga (Ita)

Roberto Carlos (Bra)
Franz Beckenbauer (Ger)
Fraco Baresi (Ita)
Cafu (Bra)

Figo (Por)
Enzo Franchescoli (Ur)
Jorge Gonzales (Es)
Ronaldidho (Br)

Ronaldo (Br)
Maradona (Ar)

4-4-2

Bench: Johan Cruff, Pele, Maldini, Rivaldo, Fenando Hierro, George Weah, Hugo Sanchez, and Platini.

Now;

Buffon

Roberto Carlos
Nesta
Cafu

C. Ronaldo
Ronaldinho
Samuel
Kaka
Zidane

Ronaldo
Nistelroy

Bench: Casillas, Figo, Rooney, Lampart, Rivaldo, Totti, Ferdinand, Maldini, Marquez, Riquelme.

South America just has too much players to pick on... like River, Boca, Once Caldas, Santos, Sao Paolo, they can play so many games and leagues that you can't even recognize their players. They can come out with 3 pro teams if they want to.

Alrigh man, I'm done, I'll come to visit sometimes. Sorry if I offended anybody, I tried not to.

Is all about the MOST BEAUTIFUL SPORT IN THE WORLD.

Later dudes.
Posted By: green eggs and ham Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/06/05 12:52 AM
I think he was trying to compare Jose's greatest from Europe Present and Past VS Fenomeno's greatest from South America Present and Past.
Posted By: aleksandrus11 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/07/05 04:08 AM
jose right on. European soccer obviously outclasses south american soccer by the simple fact that the best from south america go to europe to play.

fenomeno,

you are a little off with your best list, but oh well, to each his own!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/07/05 04:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by aleksandrus11:
jose right on. European soccer obviously outclasses south american soccer by the simple fact that the best from south america go to europe to play.

fenomeno,

you are a little off with your best list, but oh well, to each his own!

..that logic doesn't necessarily pan-out bro. The "best" players from South America may go to Europe to play (because there are clubs/economies that can pay them tens of millions..) but that doesn't mean the overall quality in South America isn't better..

..consider the Bell Shaped Curve if you will..
 -

Europe my have those top-top players..but the average South American professional may be better than the average European.

Bottom line: ..ultimately a very pointless debate but entertaining..
Posted By: aleksandrus11 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/06/05 06:50 PM
I stand corrected...
I cannot possibly argue with the undeniable bell shaped curve.

Alas, I am defeated
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/09/05 07:32 PM
Bazza, Trezeguet was born in Argentina with French parents, he lived there until he was 17, then his family moved to France.

Another "european" player that makes the difference in Europe is Mauro Camoranezzi, who plays for Juventus, and also plays for the Italian National Team because he just became an Italian citizen, but he played in Argentina for a few years and later he played for Cruz Azul in Mexico, here is where he showed up.

Just for the Record, another Hispanic player in Europe is Nery Castillo from Mexico, who moved to Greece and now plays for Olympiakos and wears #10.

And Bazza, next time you try to argue about world soccer, just make sure you know a lot. And I mean a lot.......
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/10/05 12:10 PM
where is BAZZA? Has anybody seen him in the last 5 days? [Confused] oh, maybe he just got the memo that he doesn't know enough soccer history/soccer "Literature" to be able to argue with Fenomeno, Futbol09, yorkfutbolista, Jose_Maurinho and my self...

*note: bazza if you need a soccer tutor, just gime me a holla!! aight?? [Cool]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/10/05 02:54 PM
Hey lets keep updating.

Deco is from Brazil, he was born and raised there.

Lampart and Robinho are going to Madrid for next season. Lampart said he wants to be a "Galactico." Fiorentino is working on 4 more, those can be;

Nistelroy, Ronaldinho (maybe go to Milan), Adriano, Toti, Cassano, C. Ronaldo, Nesta, Shevshenko, Kaka, Deco, Rooney, Terry, Gerad, Henry (he sucks), Fernando Torres, Aimar...

It looks like this list is going to become bigger;

29 veces CAMPEÓN de LIGA
17 veces CAMPEÓN de la COPA de S.M. el Rey
9 veces CAMPEÓN COPA DE EUROPA
1 vez CAMPEÓN de la SUPERCOPA de Europa
2 veces CAMPEÓN de la COPA de la UEFA
1 vez CAMPEÓN de la COPA de la LIGA
7 veces CAMPEÓN SUPERCOPA ESPAÑA
3 veces CAMPEÓN de Copa INTERCONTINENTAL
2 veces CAMPEÓN COPA LATINA
2 veces CAMPEÓN PEQUEÑA COPA del MUNDO
18 veces CAMPEÓN REGIONAL
5 trofeos MANCOMUNADOS

http://www.realmadrid.com/palmares/portada_esp.htm

Ole ole ole ole Madridddd Madriddd.

I personally want to see C. Ronaldo playing for Madrid. His talent is just to good for a team like ManU.
Posted By: Andrew Foley Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/10/05 06:08 PM
WOW - you lads are havin' a laff. Did I see someone say that Frank Lampard said he was going to Real Madrid!! ha hahah!!

Whoever this guy is who won't stop saying how great Ronaldo is - GET REAL! He hasn't been the same player since he busted his knee with Inter/blew up at the final of France '98. Yes he was great and had bags of potential but he, like a lot of South American players, went a little bit crazy with his cash etc and forgot about the football.

If you don't mind I would like to offer my opinion on these "great" South American players...

Ronaldo: Overweight, sluggish, one-trick pony, still bags the goals but not when it matters. Not a man for the big occassion.

Ronaldinho: most outstanding player of modern times (on his day) - go ask some of the players/staff at PSG what they thought of him for a more balanced view. Learned EVERYTHING he knows from Jay-Jay Okocha (Nigerian) while at PSG, even his "trademark" elastic trick.

Adriano: As incredibly talented as he is a nutter, see the double fisted punch in the Champions League this season. Thats the thing with these South American players - a real tendency to blow up when you need them.

Roberto Carlos: Made his career on a pure fluke of a free-kick - I'd really like to see his scuff to goal ratio from free kicks - actually, even his scuff/shank/daisy cutter/hook/back row of the third tier to on target ratio would do!! Oh, there is the fact that he has about as much tactical as a traffic cone.

As for the other players who would go to Real Madrid and start...

Cristiano Ronaldo: two years into a FIVE year contract at Manchester United for a start. This boy is an absolute shocker - one trick pony - stepovers followed by no end product time and time again, why? Because he has NO intelligence whatsoever, totally unable to read the game. A handy winger but NOT Real material cos they don't play that system.

Ruud van Nistlerooy: Never scored from outside the 18 yard box. Prolific in the big European games, does the job in the premiership. But er, fermen...whatever... who exactly are you going to drop to play him? Aren't he and your buddy Ronaldo the same kind of player (fox in the box), not forgetting Raul and Michael Owen either.

Totti: Spitting, stamping scumbag. If he's the kind of player you want at your club then have him. In my opinion players like this have no place in the game, at any level.

Robinho: Heard a lot about this boy, but have never seen him play, surely has the same motivational and discipline problems his fellow SA's have. Plus, anyone who can do more than four stepovers in a row and pass even a slightly accurate ball in South America is considered to be a genius. There's more to football than silly flicks and tricks gentlemen.

Ballack: hahahahahahaha, he's German.

The other two don't even merit comment.

Watch out for Ajax captain Rafael van der Vaart heading to Barca or Manchester United during the summer.
Posted By: aleksandrus11 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/10/05 06:41 PM
AMEN ANDREW!!!!!

except for your comments about van nistlerooy and totti, your post was right on!

Ronaldo does suck!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/10/05 07:20 PM
Andrew Foley, Ronaldinho was great since he was at Gremio de Porto Alegre, and developed all this magic in Brazil.....
Posted By: Andrew Foley Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/10/05 08:19 PM
Oh, so Ronaldinho just made that up then in an interview for well respected European Football magazine Four Four Two?

He also said... wait for this Fermen-thing... that Ronaldo first saw the stepover and shoot trick that is now Ronaldo's trademark at the 1996 Olympics being done by...wait for it... Jay Jay Okocha!! Have some of that!! Surely some of you guys can give Jay-Jay the credit and respect that both of the samba boys give him.
Posted By: Andrew Foley Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/10/05 08:28 PM
Here's a pic of your model professional Totti, just before being sent home from Euro 2004 in disgrace.

-

And here we have Totti stamping in the Champions League this year, you really have to see this as a video to understand why he was accused of "attempted murder" by the opposing manager. The stamp you see came from all of about 3 or 4 feet in the air with full force. A real role-model for kids this guy.

-

-

Ohh, don't you just love him? As I said before, no place in football whatsoever.
Posted By: aleksandrus11 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/10/05 11:31 PM
So he's got a temper, but still an incredible player.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/12/05 06:22 PM
Well I think most of Europeans use their brains a lot. That's why they never developed futbol as South Americans.

Have you ever seen the goal where Ronaldo took the keeper with a Rainbow? What european player did that in Pro? When?

Africans are real good... how many Africans teams have ever win a WP?

Totti and bad manners? Nobody wants to see bunch of sisi's playing sports. That's why soccer isn't big in here. Momi's boys are playing it.

Europe have the money, they have the brain. SOUTH AMERICA HAVE THE SKILL, THEY BOTH NEED EACH OTHER.

Whenever a European ever wins anything like a WP or FIFA player of the year more than once... that's when you'll tell me they are better than South Americans. Zidane is the only European that can compite with South American FANTASY SOCCER!

You know a lot too man, you have some good arguments... better luck next time.
Posted By: Andrew Foley Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/12/05 08:25 PM
Fenomeno, there's a difference between being an "enforcer" in football, or someone who throws their weight around a bit (Alan Smith, Roy Keane, Edgar Davids, Gabriel Heinze) and someone who is a petulant brat on the park (Totti, Beckham, Simeone, Bowyer). I accept your remarks about football in the USA. Football's main strength in every other country around the world is that it is a people's game in the truest sense of the term. Classically in Europe and South America it is played by the poorest kids. In the USA the exact opposite is the case, it is a game for the privileged. Not once in my time in the states did I see a group of kids just kicking the ball around between them without some sort of "official" organisation. That really is a sad sight and reflection of the actual strength of the game in the states.

But back to the topic, as for your FANTASY SOCCER, you are living in a FANTASY WORLD with your delusions over the technical/skill superiority of SA football vs European. It takes more than fancy tricks to win games/cups/leagues.

And, for the record, the only reason that SA teams do so well in the intercontinental championships against European teams is that the European teams don't care about the Intercontinentals!!! Sorry to break the news to you.
Posted By: swanseawinger20 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/13/05 12:56 PM
kc/dc game had just gotten underway when the 90min whistle sounded. that was a boring game until the last 5mins when dc had made an attack
Posted By: Andrew Foley Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/13/05 02:21 PM
Regarding Frank 'The Tank' Lampard heading to Real Madrid...read this

Jose laughs at transfer speculation

Probably looked a little like this Fermeno...

-

Laugh...as in 'you are havin a...'

Don't forget that los Galaticos have got..er.. Thomas Gravesen in the boiler house!! ha ha!!
Posted By: aleksandrus11 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/13/05 03:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SwanseaWinger07:
kc/dc game had just gotten underway when the 90min whistle sounded. that was a boring game until the last 5mins when dc had made an attack

What does this have to do with anything we are talking about?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/14/05 04:58 AM
We are straigh now.

"It takes more than fantasy soccer to win games."

Brazil 5 times champions of the world.
Argentina 2 times, and several times in youth worlds cups.

They don't just beat you, but they also make a fool out of yourself.

Anytime you play againts an Argentinan or a Brazilian you know you're going to go back home and practice as much as you can. You know how it is, I'm not kidding. It happens to me before.

I played againts a American who was born and raised in Brazil. He made me look like a fool and he also took the whole team one time.

Lampard may not go to Madrid. They said the same thing about Beckem and Owen... Madrid doesn't need Lampard.

Lampard needs Madrid... everybody who wants respect needs to go to Madrid to get it.

I though Brazil defeated Germany the last WC 2-0. I though Ronaldo scored the two goals! FANTASY SOCCER DOES NOT WIN ANYTHING?

You know alot man, but... better luck next time.

"You want respect? go to the field and show me want you can do with the ball." Fenomeno
Posted By: aleksandrus11 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/13/05 05:05 PM
Here's your "soccer god" ronaldo doing what he does best.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\1-3-03\My Documents\My Pictures/ronaldo_dia.jpg[/IMG]
Posted By: swanseawinger20 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/16/05 12:51 PM
look at the first page of the post. i was replying to that but i didnt look at how many pages this post had.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/18/05 05:43 PM
whats up with the link??
Posted By: aleksandrus11 Re: Futbol vrs Soccer. - 05/18/05 06:48 PM
Sorry, I haven't quite gotten down the picture thing.
© SC Soccer